Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Eltoasto posted:

This isn't eve, and if we try to treat politics like it is, then it will turn out disastrous like it did with wushu. There is no 0.0 space for our sub 50's to hang out in.

What happened with Wushu?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe

App13 posted:

Which flag is this based on?

Also, good job with the nautical-speak yesterday. Gave me a big ol' nautical-boner

It's based on Blackbeard's flag.

Robzilla fucked around with this message at 17:54 on May 2, 2014

Orv
May 4, 2011

BadLlama posted:

What happened with Wushu?

The short version is that because we pissed off the happy balance at the top (various Vietnamese guilds all circlejerking in peace) we were KoS to a good 60% of the game. While that would be somewhat less prohibitive in this game due to the War limitations on zones, it'd still be a problem for leveling new players.

That said, it's all kind of a moot point pre-release, because if we manage to piss off the wrong people we can just go on the other server. The same situation has already happened here with huge streamer follower guilds allying each other cross faction and basically owning all of the PvP castles to prevent any real war or loss. gently caress that bullshit.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
If alpha is any indication we'll probably be a huge guild. We may want to ally with some of the smaller guilds to have some friends while being able to fight against other people.

Orv
May 4, 2011
We're already in talks with one of the older pre-public Alpha guilds that want nothing to do with the cross-ocean circlejerk for a frenemies situation where-in we help each other out when appropriate but there aren't any kill limits.

Snaxx
Apr 5, 2009

Yaos posted:

If alpha is any indication we'll probably be a huge guild.

Certainly by net weight. :v:

That pirating the other night was incredible. Firing cannons onto that small ship loaded with shocked carebears, while they slowly limped towards the bloodstained sea was the absolute best.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Orv posted:

We're already in talks with one of the older pre-public Alpha guilds that want nothing to do with the cross-ocean circlejerk for a frenemies situation where-in we help each other out when appropriate but there aren't any kill limits.

That sounds like the best option. See them getting attacked on the water? Eh, mind as well help out then slowly back away at the end of the fight...

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.

Bondematt posted:

If anything in the sell list can't be sold then it cancels the whole thing. Not sure why some items let you add it when it's just gonna fail.

Yeah, I found this out eventually! Stupid Smackerels :argh:

loving Zephyr Elemental launched me hundreds of feet in the air and I died when I landed. I noticed there was a marker for my gravesite at the point of impact when I revived.

Is it cosmetic or can you do something there?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Russians getting their own game for this kind of sucks. Russians make great griefing allies.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

So has Trion changed all of the character models to look Western? If everyone's character looked like a Korean pop star I'd be immediately turned off by this game. I watched a few minutes of that ship battle video from last night and that was pretty loving awesome. I tend to gravitate towards games like these with high griefing potential, that's probably the only reason I played EVE for as long as I did. I can already see myself joining in on some massive lumber heist and making pubbies shed tears.

I'm the kind of person that's going to want to go all in on this and drop the $150 for alpha access rather than wait for beta and get less in-game rewards for it. The problem with that is the last game I dropped $150 on was SWTOR (I bought the CE) and I didn't even last through my first paid month before I quit.

Orv
May 4, 2011

ruffz posted:

So has Trion changed all of the character models to look Western? If everyone's character looked like a Korean pop star I'd be immediately turned off by this game.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Haha even better is a dude like this will be some major guild leader of a 70% server alliance who you will have to negotate with in-game.

ruffz posted:

So has Trion changed all of the character models to look Western? If everyone's character looked like a Korean pop star I'd be immediately turned off by this game. I watched a few minutes of that ship battle video from last night and that was pretty loving awesome. I tend to gravitate towards games like these with high griefing potential, that's probably the only reason I played EVE for as long as I did. I can already see myself joining in on some massive lumber heist and making pubbies shed tears.

We have no choice. Western developers do not make sandbox and PvP oriented MMOs. It's all just WoW clones. It's either this or Black Desert both of which are Korean but are somewhat toned down on the anime crap thankfully. I just hope to god Trion refuses to patch in school girl uniforms and pedo bear mounts which are on Korean servers now.

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 18:59 on May 2, 2014

Orv
May 4, 2011

Rad Russian posted:

Haha even better is a dude like this will be some major guild leader of a 70% server alliance who you will have to negotate with in-game.

:ssh:

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

excellent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTXfObalAzM

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

That's so cool. Can't wait to be able to play this game.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

:stare:

Why can't this game be out already? :cry:

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
Guild invite for Apsalara please

Remb
Feb 2, 2014

Robzilla posted:

I dunno, there's a large population of the server that hates Nui Brotherhood.

I had jury duty late at night and the defendant's plea was he killed Nui Brotherhood. The jury instantly gave the verdict of not guilty.

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

Remb posted:

I had jury duty late at night and the defendant's plea was he killed Nui Brotherhood. The jury instantly gave the verdict of not guilty.

Rofl this is going to be very exciting.

Does anyone know if you go pirate, can you give up your pirate status?

Edit: I like laughing

Interesting. Reading around it seems that the scales are tipped towards the downsides of being a pirate.

dominoeffect fucked around with this message at 21:27 on May 2, 2014

Orv
May 4, 2011

Don't loving do that.

And yes there are ways to stop being a pirate but they are, to understate slightly, arduous. Think like grinding rats up from -10 in EVE.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

so, I was in a raid to kill that Windlord world boss in Windshade.

After we beat it a pop-up appeared with 3 items and Roll or Pass.

I rolled all three and got Nui Tears.

What would pass have done? Given me a different item to roll/pass on?

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Usually it's nothing.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
Anyone have any recommendations on how to spend my skillpoints?

I'm novice shadowplay and I think I signed up for archery and battlerage to go with that. But I haven't spent a skillpoint yet and i think im lvl 13 or 14 now.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

PadreScout posted:

Anyone have any recommendations on how to spend my skillpoints?

I'm novice shadowplay and I think I signed up for archery and battlerage to go with that. But I haven't spent a skillpoint yet and i think im lvl 13 or 14 now.

You have just been killing things with autoattack and your first free skill?

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008

BadLlama posted:

You have just been killing things with autoattack and your first free skill?

Hell yes I have. Like a loving boss!

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
This game sounds awesome, content-wise. Wish it wasn't so damned jappy.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

As an Abolisher (Battlrage, Archery, auramancy) should I be using cloth, leather or plate armour?

tacosupreme
Jun 24, 2006
ask me about men.
Am looking at picking up someones discarded alpha account, anyone ever dealt with this site before? How scammy does this look to you folks?

http://www.gametropy.com/index.php/archeage-archeum-founder-pack-account.html

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Looks dodgy as gently caress.

Give it a go and report back.

Xexre
Jan 26, 2010

Elder Brother, you're so dreamy
:allears:

:negative:

Trion needs to give sct some :10bux: for all of the sales he's made due to his streams. I'll be in tonight.

On a side note, if you're downloading this game through Glyph and you notice your speed seems to be "capped" like mine was (wasn't passing 500KBps when I know I'm capable of 5MBps), restart Glyph. It seems to tag a different host with different speeds each time.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Xexre posted:

:negative:

Trion needs to give sct some :10bux: for all of the sales he's made due to his streams. I'll be in tonight.

On a side note, if you're downloading this game through Glyph and you notice your speed seems to be "capped" like mine was (wasn't passing 500KBps when I know I'm capable of 5MBps), restart Glyph. It seems to tag a different host with different speeds each time.

Also, make sure your firewall isn't blocking it.

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>
Made a Nuian, Smooth. Please hold my hand.

15 percent juice
Mar 17, 2004
Can someone toss me an invite please. IGN Fumbles

Edit: Got it, Thanks.

15 percent juice fucked around with this message at 00:45 on May 3, 2014

Rikthor
Sep 28, 2008

Xexre posted:

Thanks for the tip, was wondering what was going on. Caved in as well after sct's stream last night.:homebrew:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

BobDole would appreciate an invite for the west guild.

Gishin
Jun 15, 2013

But... This... What is this practice for?
So I just dropped 150 bucks on this bad boy and I'm capped at 500 kbs with the downloader.

:smithicide:

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

So, it seems like the bonus stuff we get for the £109 purchase are unlocked by reaching a set level.

When do I get the pretty glider, drat it.

Xexre
Jan 26, 2010

Elder Brother, you're so dreamy
:allears:

Gishin posted:

So I just dropped 150 bucks on this bad boy and I'm capped at 500 kbs with the downloader.

:smithicide:

This is a bad troll, right?

Gishin
Jun 15, 2013

But... This... What is this practice for?

Xexre posted:

This is a bad troll, right?

What, that I spent the money or that their installer is capped?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Gishin posted:

What, that I spent the money or that their installer is capped?

Their installer wasn't capped when I downloaded. Went at 5 mbs.

• Locked thread