Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I am 1 gaincryst away from giving Medius dual wield for no specific reason.

I mean I could do Molt for Chizuru, but why not have some fun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

CyberLord XP posted:

Maelstrom leaves you with 1% life, so it's always scary but never deadly.

Ah ok, I had no idea. Your Firion is crazy awesome and I'm happy.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Hammerstein posted:

Just sent you a request. That's gonna be some sweet revenge for megaflaring my newbie team when I was bumbling around without a clue.

Added you. My Orlandeau can solo Judecca ELT.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Khisanth Magus posted:

I haven't verified it, but you can pretty much guarantee all the dozen+ 1000+ atk goon Olives on the friend list can 2 round him on PRO, which will kill him before he can megaflare. Shattering shot round 1 and he charges megaflare, true shot round 2, dead.

If you've an Orlandeu yourself, and can chain with a friend Orlandeu properly (I can... sometimes) it's a one-round kill. I've done it a couple times.

Unrelated question to anyone who knows: how do I not suck at chaining Orlandeu? Is there a video or something that shows frames?

hagie posted:

Medius is obviously a character you have to build for a alpha strike chaining team, it's not immediately apparent what to do with him and his Draw Attacks rear end.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

hagie posted:

You monster

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
For those of you that pulled Reberta: there's a new accessory in today's content that grants High Jump passive. +100% damage on your jumps is, ya know, not a bad thing at all.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

Dana Crysalis posted:

For those of you that pulled Reberta: there's a new accessory in today's content that grants High Jump passive. +100% damage on your jumps is, ya know, not a bad thing at all.

How does this look for Nine? Could he be useful?

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

CyberLord XP posted:

How does this look for Nine? Could he be useful?

He already learns that.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

I kind of wish I had tried to get more dupe Setzers on his banner. My arena dream team would be 5 Setzers, and then change my account name to Jony5Ace

New players, add me. My Orlandeau will get you through most anything.
632,883,386 if I'm full, say something and I'll kick some randoms

For new players, to solo elt Judecca with a strong enough Orlandeau friend, do this: Cleansing strike each round until you get to the boss, then Divine Ruination

ZarathustraFollower fucked around with this message at 03:19 on May 26, 2017

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

cock hero flux posted:

He already learns that.

Does it not stack? Oh well.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

CyberLord XP posted:

Maelstrom leaves you with 1% life, so it's always scary but never deadly.

Except in the White Dragon fight, because if it double maelstroms the same unit the 2nd hit still does 99% of the HP you had before the first maelstrom hit. :owned:

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
That feel when you bring your Summoner to get the Esper kill thing and equip Carbuncle for her forgetting its not an attack, and get the esper kill anyway.

Does Yuna's Esper attack thing she gets count as Evoking an Esper kill?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
So I was looking at the Japanese wiki and the number 2 support guy is apparently this bard named Roy. When do we get Roy? Bards are cool.

(I like support classes.)

It's also good to see that dudes like Orlandeu are still near the top of the charts there. I call anything they rate above 90/100 a win.

I'm gonna end up around Rank 30,000 in the Bahamut thing, looks like.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Also what are the Giancrysts to be aiming for?

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

So I was looking at the Japanese wiki and the number 2 support guy is apparently this bard named Roy. When do we get Roy? Bards are cool.

(I like support classes.)

It's also good to see that dudes like Orlandeu are still near the top of the charts there. I call anything they rate above 90/100 a win.

I'm gonna end up around Rank 30,000 in the Bahamut thing, looks like.

Roy came with C-loud. We should see him sometime in December.

Varance fucked around with this message at 05:31 on May 26, 2017

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Varance posted:

Roy came with C-loud. We should see him sometime in December.

Roy's our boy! (but not really)

He's also a 5* unit, so don't hold your breath. His song is also more potent than Ramza's, but takes multiple turns to ramp up. quite a few, actually.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Roy looks like a 4* though?

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Roy looks like a 4* though?

That's super odd, the other wiki lists him as base 5*.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/units/691

Mad Fnorder
Apr 22, 2008
IT BEGINS, MAY THE WILHELMS RAIN FROM THE SKIES.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i got a 4* on daily but it was sozhe and not the magitek unit :<

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Well, first roll on this banner was a gold. But it was my 9th Chizuru. I'm getting sick of seeing her.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007
Drew an Abel. He any good aside from that TMR?

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Finally broke my streak of off-banner golds with a Sohze this morning. Hurray for small victories.

Edit: Oh goddamnit I looked at the banner wrong. I'm still on my streak of off-banner golds.

Ratmtattat fucked around with this message at 15:01 on May 26, 2017

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
5 tix fishing for an abel and I end with 3 graces, why can't I get gold crystal like this on mog event banners

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
FINALLY got shard of genius.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I got an Orlandeu out of an 11 roll. So do I want to give him two excaliburs or one and a katana?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Nuebot posted:

I got an Orlandeu out of an 11 roll. So do I want to give him two excaliburs or one and a katana?

Do you have Chizuru's Blade Mastery TMR yet? There's your answer.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Did a few pulls to try for one of these new banner nerds:

daily was Cecil! I had two already and accidentally smushed one into the Cecil I have that I'm working on for Excalibur. A second chance to get a second Excalibur is always welcome!

ticket pulls:

Ludmille - I have three already and just completed a dual cast. Three dual casts are plenty. Smush!
Eight - One, not Eight, is enough
Grace - one of the new banner nerds!
Shadow - Don't pull Shadow, new players. Feed him to better units!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Do you have Chizuru's Blade Mastery TMR yet? There's your answer.

Just got it, which is why I asked. I just vaguely remember ages ago people were talking about dual wielding excaliburs in JP and so that's just stuck in my head. Now I need to level him up. I guess I'll replace Ramza with him.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
9 runs without Holy or Sacred Crystals from Electric Tower with 5 100% trust units and stealing with a Xon, and Locke in party.

Looks like Gumi stealth nerfed it since it was providing an actual return on those things. Really forcing us to run that drat chamber aren't they?

Daily: Rakshasa.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Dana Crysalis posted:

Seeing as how I was idly loving around and managed to pull Reberta out of a blue-turned-rainbow last night as my first 5* ever in this dumb game, this is relevant!

How deep in is it, though? If it's in the Pro+ section of the empire event, I... may have trouble getting to it.

Even as it is, the FFIII tower re-run has already turned Reberta into a comparative killing machine. Especially since I'm likely to remain casual as gently caress, an accessory like that would just be icing.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

SpaceDrake posted:

Seeing as how I was idly loving around and managed to pull Reberta out of a blue-turned-rainbow last night as my first 5* ever in this dumb game, this is relevant!

How deep in is it, though? If it's in the Pro+ section of the empire event, I... may have trouble getting to it.

Even as it is, the FFIII tower re-run has already turned Reberta into a comparative killing machine. Especially since I'm likely to remain casual as gently caress, an accessory like that would just be icing.

It's a reward from the Aurora Vault. You get the key after doing a 2 part quest line in the first and second explorations of the new island.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Totally botched ELT but still got through because I took a full party. Nice to bust out Xon again to Twist of Fate the boss. Pretty much all the damage I did was from Fiss' Freya.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
At least with Aileen now I have a user for 2 of my Gungnirs, at least until I get her TMR finished.

Daily pull + 5 tickets on new banner just for the heck of it: Medius, Medius(wtf),Trey, Edge, Sice.

That was a bit less than useful.

Khisanth Magus fucked around with this message at 16:25 on May 26, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Daily gives me another tree, I dont even bother blending them together. Drop the event ticket on the banner. Blue reforms into gold, maybe I'll get another mage accessory to complement my magistral crests! No! HOPED AGAIN!

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

HOPED AGAIN!

:same:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Grace seems reasonably solid, is she worth working on? I also pulled a Xon the other day, he's worth working on too, yeah? I'm done with Refia and almost done maxing out Setzer, so I guess I need a new target and a big gently caress-off mech seems like a fun choice.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, Xon has an ability that steals enemies' buffs and applies them to the party. It's pretty situational, but when it's useful, it's awesome. Every couple of months there are events with currency you can get from stealing, and his steal all ability is perfect for it. It's also situational so you may go weeks without needing it where he just sits around. For that reason he's worth working on, but not an immediate priority.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Threw 10 tickets into the void chasing Wilhelm, got a Grace, my third Xon (I wish his TM was better) and a bunch of trash.

Wilhelm is super appealing to me since he seems to be better Noel, and Noel has made many event/trial bosses significantly easier for me including, amusingly enough, Wilhelm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Grace looks pretty mediocre. Most of her 4-5* moves are just copies from FP units (beams from Biggs and Wedge and Magitek Armor Terra and Sunbeam from Carrie's TM) which aren't that great. The big moves are Unlimited, Destroyer Arm, and Last Sequence. Destroyer Arm is good except its MP cost, Unlimited might be good for its huge number buffs but I don't know exactly what berserk will cause but if its loss of control and spamming auto attack, and Last Sequence uses a ton of MP and kills the unit just to deal damage.

There's also what she doesn't have. She doesn't have any offensive stat passives, just two HP+30%s. She also doesn't have any weapon masteries, killer abilities, breaks, or elemental resistance reductions and her biggest attacks hit once. She really doesn't have anything to get her offense going. It doesn't help that those FP unit attacks and her limit break deal magic attack while her 6* abilities like Destroyer Arm and Last Sequence deal physical damage so you can't focus on one stat and use her entire moveset.

She looks cool and her TM is good for casters but her ability loadout is a mess. Maybe not Medius bad but probably not worth investing much in to bring to battle.

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 17:34 on May 26, 2017

• Locked thread