Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Rookersh posted:

Hey guys remember Sleepy Dogs?

Well, news of Sleepy Dogs 2 will be coming out on Monday!

It's going to be a F2P online only PC game published by Nexon. Take guesses as to what that means.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sleeping-dogs-dev-reveals-its-next-game-triad-wars/1100-6422454/
Sounds worse than what happened to Valkyria Chronicles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Isn't that a F2P phone game now or something? That seems way worse, though neither is exactly enticing. I guess the developer/publisher are leery of making a proper sequel after the rocky history behind the first one's development, but it's still a shame. It's the same as that Nosgoth game, it could be good but I don't really care because that's not what I want or expect out of that franchise.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
How is Van Helsing with a gamepad? Playing with some bros and i generally prefer being lazy, leaning back and using the gamepad, but is it way better with m+k?

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Road Redemption is a good game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbZ6JwvO-m8

It's cool in that it each race is random with random effects (this, and all cars hate you etc) after each race you can buy some modifiers your guy but you lose those at death. After each death you can select a few upgrades.

Poopinstein
Apr 1, 2003

Yeah you did it!

Drunk Tomato posted:

How is Van Helsing with a gamepad? Playing with some bros and i generally prefer being lazy, leaning back and using the gamepad, but is it way better with m+k?

I played a bit of 2 with a pad for the same reason, wasn't bad!

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
Every lootfest ARPG is better with a controller so I dunno why Van Helsing wouldn't be any different.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Rookersh posted:

Hey guys remember Sleepy Dogs?

Well, news of Sleepy Dogs 2 will be coming out on Monday!

It's going to be a F2P online only PC game published by Nexon. Take guesses as to what that means.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sleeping-dogs-dev-reveals-its-next-game-triad-wars/1100-6422454/

I thought the spoiler was a joke. I laughed at it. I laughed at it because of how utterly loving absurd it was.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I thought the spoiler was a joke. I laughed at it. I laughed at it because of how utterly loving absurd it was.

When I read this quote, I found my mind adding 'wallets' at the end

quote:

"Nexon brings an unparalleled wealth of knowledge of the growing free-to-play market," United Front Games CEO Stephen van der Mescht said at the time. "We are thrilled to partner with a publisher who has an excellent track record of building direct and meaningful relationships with players."

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Snuffman posted:

Okay, so going on a tangent to help an out of touch soul here (and opening a can of worms...), what's the deal with Candy Crush?
Just guessing here since I don't have a smartphone to play these, but my girlfriend does and I see it all the time on the train. But I think its the competitive aspect of facebook or w/e leaderboards so you can directly compare yourself against friends. But this isn't special since Bejeweled could add this to. There must also be some sort of 'goal'. Like that you can weigh your time playing directly against money and everytime you beat something without paying, you think "oh i just gained $2.50!, I'm earning money playing this!" until you do succumb because you want to keep playing after your 10 rounds are up because 'hey one last round i totally got this'

poo poo, me too. I don't keep up with gaming news outside of the Steam thread so I was like oh huh no way, that's a joke.

gently caress! :smith:

Xaris fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Sep 22, 2014

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Drunk Tomato posted:

Excellent. Except for one time I wasn't able to select the next area from the teleport menu and switching between kb/m and gamepad control requires restarting the game.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Does anyone offhand know how to get FF7 to accept the xbone controller? I plugged it in, installed the drivers and it has worked fine for Risk of Rain and Remember Me, but FF7 isn't doing much of anything. Googling just gives me stuff about the 360 controller.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Huh, this game called Cho Dengeki Stryker just landed on steam. Alright, it looks like some sort of action game, and it has music by Masaaki Endoh, so that's cool. It seems to have 40-50 hours of gameplay, so that's impressive. Let's see here... why is it called the "All Ages Version?" I can't seem to find another version on Steam.. huh, let's look it up...

Oh, it's a hentai VN.

To the game's credit, the OP is awesome as poo poo, given the artwork and loving Endoh. Does anyone know if the game is worth it, and how sleazy it actually gets?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Butt Ghost posted:

Huh, this game called Cho Dengeki Stryker just landed on steam. Alright, it looks like some sort of action game, and it has music by Masaaki Endoh, so that's cool. It seems to have 40-50 hours of gameplay, so that's impressive. Let's see here... why is it called the "All Ages Version?" I can't seem to find another version on Steam.. huh, let's look it up...

Oh, it's a hentai VN.

To the game's credit, the OP is awesome as poo poo, given the artwork and loving Endoh. Does anyone know if the game is worth it, and how sleazy it actually gets?

No VN is worth $35. At absolute max, $20, and that's for one that has like 6+ unique branching paths, good art, and a good story. They charge $40+ for them in Japan, but pricing there for stuff like that is crazy high because a certain subset of the market will always pay that price.

Plus, they know even as a Steam release people on the internet will find a simple way to re-add the hentai content. Just the fact that all the current positive reviews have users with anime avatars should be an indication of who the game appeals to.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

nodadchad posted:

I am really enjoying Zombies Monsters Robots. Co-op action games are one of my favorite types and the only online multiplayer I can get into. It is very similar to games like God Mode, Gears of War (same dev team) and Warframe. I have not played the PvP yet and doubt I ever will but the PvE is super robust with four very distinct modes.

I tried this out, I agree that the PvE is pretty fun. I also gave the PvP a shot, and I'd stay far away from it. The lag that is merely a mild annoyance in PvE is enough to make you want to bite through your keyboard in PvP. Lots of 'I just put 20 bullets into this guy's head why is he still on full health, oh great he just shot me through a wall'.

But yeah, co-op shooting mooks is pretty fun. And the titular zombies don't even seem to be a big part of the gameplay, it's mostly just all kinds of random bad guys. Which is good, because if I wanted a co-op zombie shooter L4D and Killing Floor have that market well covered. One of the coop levels had a series of doors with big red glowing points you had to shoot your way through while enemies kept jumping in from the sides of the room. It was giving me weird deja vu until I heard the distinctive ping noise when you shot the door, which was taken straight out of Contra. Then it all clicked. Brilliant.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Butt Ghost posted:

Oh, it's a hentai VN.

I read that as another Cho Aniki game and figured it would happen some day.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Also, the description for Cho Dengeki Stryker looks like complete bullshit. Here's a review from some random website

quote:

Not all visual novels are perfect and indeed, there are some few flaws in Dengeki Stryker, and some major ones include it’s short length and linearity. Story is told from a somewhat third-person view (the protagonist has a face and even a voice) and sometimes, perspectives jump from one character to another. Overall, it doesn’t even has a lot of dialogue choices to choose from, and there are only two routes available, Haruna and Sayaka, and a secret route which leads to a true end (more of a continuation from Sayaka’s route) made available only after finishing the former two routes. Each route is incredibly short too though in my own opinion, I do prefer Sayaka and her route more then Haruna’s.

I guess the 30-50 hours only counts if you take 5 minutes to read each scene.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Maybe they're counting jacking off to each picture in the gameplay time?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Did you read the description that says all the actual NSFW stuff got removed?

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Justin_Brett posted:

If all the NSFW/NMS stuff was removed, the game would be gone.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone have any idea how to get Zombies Monsters Robots to play at 1920x1080 resolution? I'm not seeing the option in options.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Well at least it's not a MOBA. That's reserved for Sleeping Dogs 3 when the CEOs learn about the existence of this genre.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Palpek posted:

Well at least it's not a MOBA. That's reserved for Sleeping Dogs 3 when the CEOs learn about the existence of this genre.

By which time anyone talented in the company has, probably, bailed for other jobs if the F2P game hasn't dragged the team under already. If we're really lucky, they'll have formed their own studio to create Restful Wolves.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Ragequit posted:

Not every VN is Sakura Spirit.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Justin_Brett posted:

And that's stopped weebs from jacking off before when?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
If the knowledge that someone masturbated to it can kill a game for you, I dunno.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I'm jackin' it right now just listening to you guys talk about it.

I'm shocked that I had a hand free long enough to type this out.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Ragequit posted:

It was actually an exceptionally small portion of the original work. The very definition of shoehorned in and out of place. And yes, it was all removed, and it is better for it. Outside of those tiny handful of scenes that were removed, there was nothing that was actually creepy/"ecchi" about it. In other words, the version on Steam is totally normal and acceptable. But even still, Cho Dengeki Stryker is kind of... mediocre? It's like your average shounen battle manga/anime, with nothing really special about it. Some parts were funny, the action and drama were somewhat lame.

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Sep 22, 2014

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Justin_Brett posted:

If the knowledge that someone masturbated to it can kill a game for you, I dunno.

What? I was saying that the gameplay time was padded by how long weebs masturbated to it. It was a joke about how weebs jack off to everything.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Drifter posted:

Hot.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Harminoff posted:

Road Redemption is a good game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbZ6JwvO-m8

It's cool in that it each race is random with random effects (this, and all cars hate you etc) after each race you can buy some modifiers your guy but you lose those at death. After each death you can select a few upgrades.
That looks cool. Does it have a proper campaign though? I can't help but lose interest in racing games that are just random arcade races.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Drifter posted:

I'm jackin' it to you jackin' it to some anime chick jackin' it.

Jackception.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Turtlicious posted:

I'm jackin' it to you jackin' it to some anime chick jackin' it.

Jackception.

Nah nah, I was totally jackin' it to dudes talkin' 'bout dudes jackin' it to some anime game.

Now, there's an awful lot of dudes in that previous sentence, but it was totally a hetero-style jackin' that was goin' on, because of the anime game, and the bellweather effect. It was science and sexy games, not dude's jackin' it that made me jack it.

Man, these anime games are crazy.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

FEAR is pretty cool for a 2005 game, except that it randomly suddenly goes into slideshow mode and I have to restart. Not sure why.

Also finished Red Faction Armageddon. Very meh game although the second half was more fun than the first half. Has a ridiculous 'woman in fridge' moment (does anyone really give a poo poo about spoiling this) immediately after the two protagonists kiss, the girl gets impaled in the chest by a random tentacle spike and is hurled over a cliff. this is treated seriously rather than as a gag

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Quest For Glory II posted:

FEAR is pretty cool for a 2005 game, except that it randomly suddenly goes into slideshow mode and I have to restart. Not sure why.

Try playing with the shadow options, turn them down a bit.

And, man, even Red Faction finds influence from anime games, it sounds like. Those devs need to stop playing VNs.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
I still have trouble believing the Red Faction games are made by the same devs as Saints Row.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Lance Streetman posted:

I still have trouble believing the Red Faction games are made by the same devs as Saints Row.

And don't forget Freespace.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Drifter posted:

Nah nah, I was totally jackin' it to dudes talkin' 'bout dudes jackin' it to some anime game.

Now, there's an awful lot of dudes in that previous sentence, but it was totally a hetero-style jackin' that was goin' on, because of the anime game, and the bellweather effect. It was science and sexy games, not dude's jackin' it that made me jack it.

Man, these anime games are crazy.

You just blew my mind.

I think Im having a jack attack.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Lemmings and GTA were made by the same studio.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Quest For Glory II posted:

You have a logitech mouse? It's a polling issue involving logitech devices or something and it happened to me as well. You have to disable a few things to get it working. There should be a solution on how to do it on the PC Gaming wiki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Lemmings and GTA were made by the same studio.

and now it's back around to sheep Lemmings

http://store.steampowered.com/app/260330/

Arnold of Soissons fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Sep 22, 2014

• Locked thread