Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

No Mods No Masters posted:

The whole thing is just weirdly off tone and goes on waaay too long, skeevy is a good word for it

I will admit, the reveal of what Ann wore made me laugh. I wish I could use that as a battle outfit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Dryzen posted:

yusuke threatened mc and ryuji not ann

Yeah, which kinda makes it even worse.

"strip for me or I'll call the cops and get your friends arrested"

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Endorph posted:

ENOUGH. the official persona party member list, from best to worst, begins HERE.

not counting persona 1 because that game sucked.

BEST TIER
Baofu
Makoto
Eikichi
Maya
Akechi

GREAT TIER
Lisa
Yusuke
Ulala
Yukari
Ryuji
Yosuke
Futaba
Jun

GOOD TIER
Junpei
Rise
Katsuya
Shinjiro
Yukino
Tatsuya
Haru
Mitsuru

MEH TIER
Koromaru
Ann
Naoto
Teddie
Aigis
Morgana
Ken
Yukiko
Chie

BAD TIER
Kanji
Metis

WHO TIER
Fuuka
Akihiko
Eriko
Kei
my only problem with this list is you put Eriko, the cutest Persona 1 and 2 girl and Nanjo, The Number #1 Man In Japan, in the worst tier.

but even that's not as bad as saying that Yukari or Yusuke is bad or having difficulty understanding the Medjed rambling joke

god Yukari is so good. She saves Persona 3 for being the one character with literally anything going on

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Blockhouse posted:

really enjoying the consistent option to have my character just go gently caress YOU PIG the second a cop enters a scene

There was one dialogue at the airsoft shop when the cops came in where the option was like "I know my rights, cop" but I didn't pick that one because I was holding and that seemed too conspicuous

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Dryzen posted:

yusuke threatened mc and ryuji not ann

"Get naked or I'll have your friends arrested" isn't much better

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

he was going to call the cops whether or not ann stripped for his painting

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Dryzen posted:

That's not true

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Dryzen posted:

No...? He explicitly says he won't if Ann strips.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

We hate the cops.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Dryzen posted:

Except for the part where he said he wouldn't do that if Ann stripped for his painting

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It's a shame the game ends after he calls the cops on you tho

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the nude stripping stuff is awkward and weird but it's not too awful because yusuke legitimately wasn't creeping he just has the social skills of someone who was raised by wolves paint brushes

also the layered clothes goof was pretty good

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Saagonsa posted:

"Get naked or I'll have your friends arrested" isn't much better

I think it was get out of my house and never talk to me again or get arrested but you can come back if you get naked. Which again, isn't much better.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It's my least favourite part of the game.

It sticks out as being clumsy in a game where the narrative arcs have otherwise been tight and good. Honestly, Ryuji has been kinda the shittiest character for a while, now; he's a huge rear end in a top hat to Morgana for no immediately discernible reason, even when he's aware Morgana is acting depressed, and he's not especially called to task for how the Phantom Thieves didn't pick Okumura and let fame get to their collective head, which influenced their decisions for the worse. He's easily the most fame-obsessed member of the team, and while it was endearing at first it got pretty old by palace 3. He does everything short of getting you guys matching jerseys that say "PHANTOM THIEFS" on them. He just starts sucking and the narrative has so far done nothing to even try to redeem him; that's just the way he is, now. It's lame.

No Mods No Masters posted:

The worst part of the game is the sequence of interminable nude posing scenes, it took me a long time to warm up to Yusuke after that even though I eventually did

This got brought up by a friend of mine because he called Yusuke creepy, and I don't know - either I'm not sensitive enough to that kind of thing, or I just interpreted it differently. Yusuke I think even explicitly says that he doesn't give a gently caress about Ann's personality or sexuality or any of that nonsense - he's an artist, he thinks the nude form represents beauty, and he wants to paint Ann naked. He doesn't express romantic or sexual interest in anyone at any time that I was able to discern. He's just a weirdo artist guy. If anything, Ryuji's the one who comes away from that vignette looking like a skeeze artist, and he's also the one getting the monkey-face and perving on ladies whenever the opportunity presents itself.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
Oh boy, my input.

Yusuke was going to call the cops for trespassing, agreeing to model made him drop the charges because he wanted it.

It wasn't "Model for me or I'll call the cops"
It was "I'm calling the cops", "No wait she'll get naked for you", "I'm no longer calling the cops", "NO, I wont model!", "I'm calling the cops".

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

the nude stripping stuff is awkward and weird but it's not too awful because yusuke legitimately wasn't creeping he just has the social skills of someone who was raised by wolves paint brushes

Yusuke wanted to gently caress Ann.

Let's not pretend.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm pretty sure he threatens to call the cops no matter what and then you guys use his open offer to Ann to get past the palace block.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

I think he was creeping, he pretty much owns up to being a piece of poo poo about it at the end of the whole madarame saga and it's a good thing he does because otherwise I would have probably never been ok with him

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

guts and bolts posted:

It sticks out as being clumsy in a game where the narrative arcs have otherwise been tight and good. Honestly, Ryuji has been kinda the shittiest character for a while, now; he's a huge rear end in a top hat to Morgana for no immediately discernible reason, even when he's aware Morgana is acting depressed, and he's not especially called to task for how the Phantom Thieves didn't pick Okumura and let fame get to their collective head, which influenced their decisions for the worse. He's easily the most fame-obsessed member of the team, and while it was endearing at first it got pretty old by palace 3. He does everything short of getting you guys matching jerseys that say "PHANTOM THIEFS" on them. He just starts sucking and the narrative has so far done nothing to even try to redeem him; that's just the way he is, now. It's lame.

It will come up don't worry about it.

Ryuji is probably my 2nd favourite member of the team. He's very good.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

CharlestheHammer posted:

Let's not pretend.
yusuke has literally never gotten a boner in his life

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired

Moltrey posted:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

Ă¢Â€Â• Corey Dostoyevsky

Moltrey posted:

this is just not true

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

CharlestheHammer posted:

Let's not pretend.

He really doesn't.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Moltrey posted:

Didn't say he could.

But he wanted too.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Yusuke is a proud upholder of the No Fap code.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Moltrey posted:

I do not think this is true.

He pervs pretty hard on Ann and Makoto on the road trip to Futaba's palace when they sweat through their shirts like the other guys

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm pretty sure he threatens to call the cops no matter what and then you guys use his open offer to Ann to get past the palace block.

From what I remember it's "Get out of my masters house and in fact I'm going to call the police and report your for trespassing... unless Ann agrees to model for me." Although I might be mistaken.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

guts and bolts posted:

If you didn't tell Goro that Ryuji was a Phantom Thief after the third Palace then smh

My stock in Ryuji suffered a pretty big spike after like Palace 2 and shows no signs of recovering. He's not bad, I just lost all interest in him

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Yusuke is the kind of guy who tells himself that he wants to see Ann naked because of the inherent beauty of the human form but deep down he just wants to see boobs

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Zore posted:

He pervs pretty hard on Ann and Makoto on the road trip to Futaba's palace when they sweat through their shirts like the other guys

He is explicitly the only one of the guys not looking at them during that cutscene wtf

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Zore posted:

he was not doing this actually

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Zore posted:

He also goes out of his way to fetishize Ann even outside the painting itself.

The fandom just really want him to be gay which is unfortunate

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Zore posted:

Actually I'm pretty sure Yusuke kept staring out the window that whole time? It was like a gradient, Joker's looking at Ann nonchalantly while Ryuji was a cartoon wolf

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Zore posted:

Isn't he looking the other way? And when Ryuji brings it up later Yusuke says "Yes, the artistic mastery of the Pyramid's was amazing and I couldn't keep my eyes off them. How I would love to sketch them"

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Zore posted:

he actually was not doing that. the conversation after Yusuke says he was spacing out admiring the beauty and perfect of the pyramid,

yusuke has never been horny

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
Pyramids are way sexier than females.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
that was the biggest non rudest dog pile ive ever seen

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The Gorp posted:

Pyramids are way sexier than females.

I mean to an artist, the human body is just a collection of shapes

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I also fully believe he wanted to gently caress them pyramids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Whether or not Yusuke can get a chub up, what he did wasn't ok. He acknowledges that though, improves as a person, and after a pretty decent slink and the good gags he became my anime friend