Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
From what she said (something about creatine being a metabolite of some process), I honestly feel like she was confusing creatine and creatinine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.

a mysterious cloak posted:

Jesus christ I'm probably clinically brain dead until about 10am every morning, I can't imagine trying to lift like that
This is a plus for me. I don’t want conscious thought interfering with exercise.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.

feelix posted:

From what she said (something about creatine being a metabolite of some process), I honestly feel like she was confusing creatine and creatinine

I think a lot of people still associate those two, because if I remember correctly high levels of creatinine = kidney issues under normal circumstances. But hey, I'm not a doctor...

Also I want to give a shout-out to high pulls, my favorite pulling motion. I'm about as explosive as a box of wet sand, and these things have helped that tremendously. Also, good for traps. Highly suggested.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

feelix posted:

Fair warning: Creatine supplements cause elevated creatinine levels in blood-work. This doesn't mean anything if you're healthy, your kidneys will just clear it along with everything else.

However, if your doctors are at all worried about your kidneys they'll be keeping an eye on your creatinine levels because it's part of how they measure kidney function and they'll think the elevated creatinine is a sign that your kidneys are failing. It may take repeated tests and maybe collecting your urine in a jug for 24 hours to convince them otherwise.

Also try to get a provider who deals with sports medicine, and always feel free to shop around.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Knight posted:

Fair warning: Creatine supplements cause elevated creatinine levels in blood-work. This doesn't mean anything if you're healthy, your kidneys will just clear it along with everything else.

However, if your doctors are at all worried about your kidneys they'll be keeping an eye on your creatinine levels because it's part of how they measure kidney function and they'll think the elevated creatinine is a sign that your kidneys are failing. It may take repeated tests and maybe collecting your urine in a jug for 24 hours to convince them otherwise.

Also try to get a provider who deals with sports medicine, and always feel free to shop around.

I don't even have elevated creatinine, my bloodwork last year had very slightly elevated alkaline phosphatase and AST, and decently elevated triglycerides. The year before everything was completely perfect. I think these differences are entirely explained by the fact that the perfect bloodwork was when I was at my lowest weight in years and living with a vegetarian, while the worse bloodwork was during a pretty fast semi-intentional bulk

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Creatine accelerates balding and isn't nearly as popular as it was ~5 years ago when it was the number one cheap miracle lifting powder you HAD to be taking (see also: fish oil).

feelix
Nov 27, 2016

sassassin posted:

Creatine accelerates balding and isn't nearly as popular as it was ~5 years ago when it was the number one cheap miracle lifting powder you HAD to be taking (see also: fish oil).

There's a shitload of youtube results for creatine hair loss and zero Google Scholar results so gently caress off

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

feelix posted:

There's a shitload of youtube results for creatine hair loss and zero Google Scholar results so gently caress off

These fuken scholars ain’t lifting bro

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

you can take my creatine from my bald, water-bloated corpse

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
If you ain't bald who are you trying to be anyway? Some kind of hair Jesus?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

doverhog posted:

If you ain't bald who are you trying to be anyway? Some kind of hair Jesus?

Hair just adds more weight to the scale. Every oz matters in a cut.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnpIUzFFabh/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=vwzf9p0setep

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Wow

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
im going to loving kill myself

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

That settles it, I'm getting some skintight pink shorts

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:
I finally started building my garage gym. I don't have a squat rack. What's a good alternative to squats until I can get one? Have barbell and two dumbbells and a bench

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Luminous Cow posted:

I finally started building my garage gym. I don't have a squat rack. What's a good alternative to squats until I can get one? Have barbell and two dumbbells and a bench

Clean and front squat.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
You can get stands

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:

feelix posted:

You can get stands

I'm going to but I won't have them tomorrow

Also I don't think I can do cleans with my low clearance

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007

is she legit? 200+kg and the rack doesnt even move?

She looks like she loving around at the top? I dunno, good on her if it is

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

BoonyPC posted:

She hit 496 in a comp:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BkGk7yPH5sR/

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Gatdamn that woman strong af

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
She's the real thing, unlike certain other instagram lifters.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Like who

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

feelix posted:

get his rear end, feelix

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Post more fat strong people

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Zzulu posted:

Like who

Like that chick who got busted using fake plates by the guy who replaced her fake plates with real plates and she collapsed?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

BoonyPC posted:

Looooool

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
That's a monster squat.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

feelix posted:

Why you asking here if you're the Google Scholar expert?

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Say Nothing posted:

She's the real thing, unlike certain other instagram lifters.

*Trains butt 5 days a week w/ a 25lb ez curl bar and bands*

"Wow guys 1 million followers on my birthday i cant be any happier!!! Go slay fam im dead from my last booty sesh!"

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

Luminous Cow posted:

I'm going to but I won't have them tomorrow

Also I don't think I can do cleans with my low clearance

cleans only go to your shoulder

also do hack squats https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdtaJRBqwes
or zerchers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugtzw5JmAiM
(you don't have to put the bar all the way down every rep if you don't want to, he's just talking about doing a "zercher full cycle")

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Fallows posted:

*Trains butt 5 days a week w/ a 25lb ez curl bar and bands*

"Wow guys 1 million followers on my birthday i cant be any happier!!! Go slay fam im dead from my last booty sesh!"

:same:

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

New to the thread. What supplements should one take before and after working out?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Like that chick who got busted using fake plates by the guy who replaced her fake plates with real plates and she collapsed?

That sounds cool but I was fishing for videos or something. post videos dude

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

Piggy Smalls posted:

New to the thread. What supplements should one take before and after working out?

meth

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
Scratch the chalk out of the knurling of the barbells and snort it for that post-workout kick.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

Zzulu posted:

That sounds cool but I was fishing for videos or something. post videos dude

https://www.google.com/search?q=chi...ent=firefox-b-1

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Piggy Smalls posted:

Just loads and loads o’ cum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Piggy Smalls posted:

Get your diet 100% before you worry about any sups since they all suck.