Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I thought I'd be able to handle ELT Wilhelm. I was incorrect. Dude's a loving wall and I'm not sure what tweaks I need to make to not just get ground down. I can barely kill his posse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Echophonic posted:

I thought I'd be able to handle ELT Wilhelm. I was incorrect. Dude's a loving wall and I'm not sure what tweaks I need to make to not just get ground down. I can barely kill his posse.

Your first priority should always be defense.

Your second, in this case should be to output magic damage.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Your first priority should always be defense.

Your second, in this case should be to output magic damage.

I tried it with PalCecil, Refia, Trance Terra, Rain, Terra, and a friend Trance Terra. Maybe I should swap Xon in for Terra or Cecil and go buff-stealing, since I have him maxed. I just feel like I'm missing important defensive gear because I'm still really far back in the story.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Head North posted:

Welp, I'm ready for goon friends. Try not to be overwhelmed by the power of my level 52 Zyrus. :downs:

024 069 106

You are full.

I can't TM grind until I get another Goon in here.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 05:03 on May 27, 2017

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
A boss weak to magic, maybe its time for my double Dark Finas to shine. Although I still haven't finished any of the magic oriented TMs I've been working on.

Head North
May 19, 2017

by zen death robot

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

You are full.

I can't TM grind until I get another Goon in here.

Hmm... weird. According to my friend list, I'm at 25/45?

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Head North posted:

Check your Facebook friends. Those count against your max, but aren't actually counted into that total.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Oh joy, Gumi added a King Mog style event carnival thing to Brave Frontier in their latest update. :shepicide:

Varance posted:

Check your Facebook friends. Those count against your max, but aren't actually counted into that total.

They don't always count against your max (I have a few hundred FB friends IIRC). It's weird and buggy as poo poo and always will be though.

Head North
May 19, 2017

by zen death robot

Varance posted:

I don't have any friends on my linked FB account. I made a throwaway. :confused:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Head North posted:

You can add me with my number there.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

My daily summon today was Gilgamesh. I'm happy to get him, but he IS still good right? I know most people talk about your Orlandus or Olives when it comes to damage dealers nowadays.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

My daily summon today was Gilgamesh. I'm happy to get him, but he IS still good right? I know most people talk about your Orlandus or Olives when it comes to damage dealers nowadays.

He's OK, but having a Genji Glove is worth rolling him. Even if he was totally useless, Genji Glove would still be worth it.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

He is a decent damage dealers with one of if not the best TMR in the game.

Head North
May 19, 2017

by zen death robot
Oh, do pending friend requests go against your total for some reason? I had a bunch of them queued up. Try again?

024 069 106

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost
I managed to get two Draco Spikes out of the event, so I can field a pretty decent Emperor now. 20 slots open.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Head North posted:

Oh, do pending friend requests go against your total for some reason? I had a bunch of them queued up. Try again?

024 069 106

It is all good now.

I'm keeping up my Rem for the time being for Blue Phantoma hunters.

I don't have any best-in-slot units for a little while yet, so I think that will do The Most Good.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Had anyone done the math on the Bowie Knife to figure out which characters benefit more from the extra materia slot as opposed to a better weapon? I think the only character that the knife is best-in-slot for is Cupid Artemios, since he wants a knife and a throwing weapon.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost
Friendly reminder: It's a good idea to level the storyline characters at some point. The upcoming main character trials do not allow visions, so you're stuck with a party including some combination of Rain, Lasswell, Fina, Lid, Nichol, Jake and Sakura. They are due in ~2 months.

The Veritas events are also coming soon, along with "Veritas" versions of the battle themes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvLhwJpavb8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-fdIHW1DAs

Varance fucked around with this message at 09:20 on May 27, 2017

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Ugh that sounds completely miserable. Do they offer rewards I can't ignore?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
If they're designed for story characters, that means they are beatable with story characters.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Yeah, but that means I have to waste time and resources leveling a bunch of dead weight I will only use for one thing.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Skyridge posted:

Had anyone done the math on the Bowie Knife to figure out which characters benefit more from the extra materia slot as opposed to a better weapon? I think the only character that the knife is best-in-slot for is Cupid Artemios, since he wants a knife and a throwing weapon.

Here's some mockups using 3*+4* TM gear.

Firion

with Bowie Knife:
Right Hand: Bowie Knife +82ATK+DualWield
Left Hand: Kaiser Knuckles +101ATK+Wind Element
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
Body: Monster Breastplate +12ATK/MAG+46DEF
Accessory 1: Champion's Belt +30ATK/DEF & 20%ATK/DEF w/ Fist weapon
Accessory 2: Champion's Belt +30ATK/DEF & 20%ATK/DEF w/ Fist weapon
Ability 1: ATK +10% +10%ATK
Ability 2: ATK +10% +10%ATK
Ability 3: ATK +10% +10%ATK
Ability 4: ATK +10% +10%ATK
Pot Stats: HP: 390 MP: 65 ATK: 26 DEF: 34 MAG: 26 SPR: 26
Total Stats: HP: 4712 MP: 208 ATK: 662 DEF: 406 MAG: 152 SPR: 165

with Dual Wield:
Firion 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Excalibur +120ATK+Light Element
Left Hand: Kaiser Knuckles +101ATK+Wind Element
Accessory 1: Champion's Belt +30ATK/DEF & 20%ATK/DEF w/ Fist weapon
Accessory 2: Champion's Belt +30ATK/DEF & 20%ATK/DEF w/ Fist weapon
Ability 1: Dual Wield Equip two single handed weapons
Ability 2: Large Sword Mastery +50% ATK w/ Great Sword
Pot Stats: HP: 390 MP: 65 ATK: 26 DEF: 34 MAG: 26 SPR: 26
Total Stats: HP: 4712 MP: 208 ATK: 747 DEF: 406 MAG: 152 SPR: 165

Chizuru
with BK:
Left Hand: Genji Blade +107ATK
Accessory 1: Bracer +30ATK+15%HP
Accessory 2: Bracer +30ATK+15%HP
Ability 4: Blade Mastery +50% ATK w/ Katana
Pot Stats: HP: 390 MP: 65 ATK: 34 DEF: 26 MAG: 26 SPR: 26
Total Stats: HP: 4791 MP: 198 ATK: 712 DEF: 263 MAG: 178 SPR: 190

with DW:
Right Hand: Sakurafubuki +98ATK
Left Hand: Genji Blade +107ATK
Ability 4: Blade Mastery +50% ATK w/ Katana
Pot Stats: HP: 390 MP: 65 ATK: 34 DEF: 26 MAG: 26 SPR: 26
Total Stats: HP: 4791 MP: 198 ATK: 709 DEF: 263 MAG: 178 SPR: 190

Setzer
with BK:
Left Hand: Rising Sun +107ATK
Pot Stats: HP: 450 MP: 75 ATK: 30 DEF: 30 MAG: 30 SPR: 30
Total Stats: HP: 5218 MP: 274 ATK: 658 DEF: 226 MAG: 158 SPR: 211

with DW:
Right Hand: Rising Sun +107ATK
Left Hand: Rising Sun +107ATK
Pot Stats: HP: 450 MP: 75 ATK: 30 DEF: 30 MAG: 30 SPR: 30
Total Stats: HP: 5218 MP: 274 ATK: 666 DEF: 226 MAG: 158 SPR: 211

My conclusion: The Bowie Knife is better than Dual Wield for units that don't have multiple weapon passives.If you're going for BIS then Genji Gauntlet trumps Bowie Knife and Dual Wield

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost

Mischalaniouse posted:

Ugh that sounds completely miserable. Do they offer rewards I can't ignore?

Storyline characters require hardly any experience or awakening mats to get to max level. Not even a third of what big ticket characters take.

... or, if you really hate Rain and Lasswell that much, just wait until the Veritas event, where you play from Veritas of the Dark's perspective and use Rain's own visions against him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ_ArihcBE0&t=787s [Warning: Side Content Spoiler from ~2 months from now]

Varance fucked around with this message at 11:44 on May 27, 2017

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I took up Rain, Laswell, Sakura, and Fina to what their current max are.

Between Lid, Nichol, and Jake, who's the best for the 5th slot?

Fishmonkey
Jun 22, 2004

Professional Boob Puncher
Man, I've been spoiled by Orlandeau. Every boss fight has ended in one or two turns, including Wilhelm who's supposedly resistant to physical damage. It's gonna suck when 100% light resist bosses start appearing.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Fishmonkey posted:

Man, I've been spoiled by Orlandeau. Every boss fight has ended in one or two turns, including Wilhelm who's supposedly resistant to physical damage. It's gonna suck when 100% light resist bosses start appearing.

Just swap his swords. DR isn't light damage, it just lowers light resistance.

I already a Save the Queen farmed for the future.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

arisu posted:

I took up Rain, Laswell, Sakura, and Fina to what their current max are.

Between Lid, Nichol, and Jake, who's the best for the 5th slot?

I would say Nichol, he's got some neat buffs.

Varance posted:

Storyline characters require hardly any experience or awakening mats to get to max level. Not even a third of what big ticket characters take.

... or, if you really hate Rain and Lasswell that much, just wait until the Veritas event, where you play from Veritas of the Dark's perspective and use Rain's own visions against him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ_ArihcBE0&t=787s [Warning: Side Content Spoiler from ~2 months from now]

What is up with the interface in that video?

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
Probably so the video isn't too vertical, he split up the bottom half. If you watch other ffbe videos you'll know what I mean, I like it tbh.

Tipme fucked around with this message at 20:32 on May 27, 2017

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Could we ever get Hildebrand?

Head North
May 19, 2017

by zen death robot
I think 99% of the goon friend list is Orlandeaus and Olives. I need a magic user! :argh:

edit: Thanks to the Trance Terra who just accepted my request! :3:

Head North fucked around with this message at 20:45 on May 27, 2017

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Varance posted:

Except Lasswell, who takes 2x as much XP as Rain to max out because gently caress you.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

AegisP posted:

Except Lasswell, who takes 2x as much XP as Rain to max out because gently caress you.

According to the story Lasswell always learned things slower than Rain!

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

AegisP posted:

And an absurd number of crystals to awaken his skills because you gotta earn having useful story characters ( and then they make better gacha versions of them anyway)

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Head North posted:

I think 99% of the goon friend list is Orlandeaus and Olives. I need a magic user! :argh:

edit: Thanks to the Trance Terra who just accepted my request! :3:

Sorry I switched back to Olive for the type-0 event. I'll put T.Terra back up.

BDawg posted:

Just swap his swords. DR isn't light damage, it just lowers light resistance.

I already a Save the Queen farmed for the future.

There's a guy on my friend list that has Orlandeau using Save the Queen and it's significantly less damage. He's got around 960 ATK but he can't 1 shot the Dark Espers. That increased damage from the Light weakness is a big part of his damage game. Not just his either, Freyvia and Aileen also need to exploit their respective affinities.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Khisanth Magus posted:

According to the story Lasswell always learned things slower than Rain!

He's also worried about Rain's bone.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
any ideas what the next banner is? or the next good one if it isn't

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cry Havoc posted:

any ideas what the next banner is? or the next good one if it isn't

You can browse the Japanese release schedule here:
http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Update_Schedule

It will show what we've done and skipped.

Brave Frontier crossover is probably next or we might get another FFBE event with the Fohlen banner.

Head North
May 19, 2017

by zen death robot

PaybackJack posted:

Sorry I switched back to Olive for the type-0 event. I'll put T.Terra back up.
Thanks! No worries though, feel free to use whoever you want. I'm a newbie, and I only "need" magic users to finish up the little 10 lapis story missions I missed.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cartoon Man posted:

You can browse the Japanese release schedule here:
http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Update_Schedule

It will show what we've done and skipped.

Brave Frontier crossover is probably next or we might get another FFBE event with the Fohlen banner.

Gonna be interesting to see if WoL's 6* is delayed for us longer than Orlandu's banner/event was. We should've had 6* WoL months ago. At this point once we get WoL's 6* form if we don't get his enhancements too we probably wont see them until after summer. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

Gonna be interesting to see if WoL's 6* is delayed for us longer than Orlandu's banner/event was. We should've had 6* WoL months ago. At this point once we get WoL's 6* form if we don't get his enhancements too we probably wont see them until after summer. :(

I'm wondering if they purposely delayed it to get people to whale for Wilhelm.

• Locked thread