Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Lorentz Factor posted:

From the initial pictures I couldn't figure out what exactly was going on here, scrolling down a bit, I understood, but felt less comfortable about it all

Might be NWS, still not entirely sure where I sit with that, :nws: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/20pcs-rare-Melon-plants-Vietnam-Milk-Melon-plants-As-A-Woman-s-Breast-Bonsai-Plantas-For/32956950248.html :nws:

I have never seen seeds listed with a astrological sign before.

Missed opportunity to list sizes as A, B, C, D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Complaining-Enamel-Pin/32920843045.html

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Squish posted:

They make condoms in your size now:

And in a two week supply!

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.
Update on my missing package: it's being shipped back to China, for some reason.

I opened a dispute for a full refund, since the tracking proves that it's going back. It seems quicker to do that and then re-buy the same item than to wait for it to arrive in China and have it mailed to me again.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Lorentz Factor posted:

From the initial pictures I couldn't figure out what exactly was going on here, scrolling down a bit, I understood, but felt less comfortable about it all

Might be NWS, still not entirely sure where I sit with that, :nws: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/20pcs-rare-Melon-plants-Vietnam-Milk-Melon-plants-As-A-Woman-s-Breast-Bonsai-Plantas-For/32956950248.html :nws:

every time fake-rear end plant seeds like this get posted I get a little angry but I'm not sure if I should be angry at the person who expects me to believe these are real or at the theoretical idiots who fall for them

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

BattleMaster posted:

every time fake-rear end plant seeds like this get posted I get a little angry but I'm not sure if I should be angry at the person who expects me to believe these are real or at the theoretical idiots who fall for them

You're angry because they aren't real

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
A few pages ago people were discussing Bluetooth headphones. Has anyone had theirs arrive? Are they good? Can you post links?

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Facebook Aunt posted:

If it's any consolation the pictured melons are an art project and the listing is a scam. There are melons that basic shape, but they are green and don't have nipples. The scam is that you'll receive some sort of melon/squash/gourd seeds but you won't be able to tell that the plants don't grow boobies for months, and by then buyer protection has run out.

Also I don't know the buyers would complain to AE that their melon boobs don't look good enough

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

BattleMaster posted:

I bought some Peter Pepper seeds (look it up, it's hilarious :nws: ) because they were forty cents and I guess had a small probability of being legit

Some sort of grass grew up, and then I let it die but now it has seeds and I realise I can't just dump it outside in case it's turbo invasive, so it's just been sitting on my window sill for the past two years and oh god what do I do

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

ante posted:

I bought some Peter Pepper seeds (look it up, it's hilarious :nws: ) because they were forty cents and I guess had a small probability of being legit

Some sort of grass grew up, and then I let it die but now it has seeds and I realise I can't just dump it outside in case it's turbo invasive, so it's just been sitting on my window sill for the past two years and oh god what do I do

Put it in a furnace. Plants are usually weak to fire.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'd purchased regular tomato/pepper seeds and stuff and those were all legit. I patio gardened 'em so I wasn't too worried.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

BattleMaster posted:

the only thing worse than fake seed sellers are the dipshits who post glowing star reviews before they germinate

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I see five star reviews that go on to say the item never arrived and the seller disputed it or whatever

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

yoloer420 posted:

A few pages ago people were discussing Bluetooth headphones. Has anyone had theirs arrive? Are they good? Can you post links?

I posted a while back, the Bluedio T7 I ordered actually just arrived they are charging now (usb-c). I will update tonight on sound and battery and all the tech stuff. Initial impressions are very positive, packaging is a+ and they feel very well made, especially for what I paid.

I have some i10tws AirPod clones on the way but will be another 2 weeks probably. You probably want to get the newer ones that clone the w1 chip if you have iPhone.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

everdave posted:

I have some i10tws AirPod clones on the way but will be another 2 weeks probably. You probably want to get the newer ones that clone the w1 chip if you have iPhone.

They are extremely junk - 45 minutes or less on battery, one of them charged once and then never lived again, they're huuuuge (which isn't obvious from the pictures) so they are uncomfortable and like to fall out and break apart.

I got these instead and I like them a lot:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/FGC...2919880319.html

Comfortable, good charging system, probably 2-2.5 hour battery life.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
I have received two packages, one largish and shirt-like, and one small and mysterious, both with Chinese characters on their shipping labels. If the lead dust doesn’t kill me, I shall return shortly with details.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I have received two packages, one largish and shirt-like, and one small and mysterious, both with Chinese characters on their shipping labels. If the lead dust doesn’t kill me, I shall return shortly with details.

I love finding a small package in my mailbox and having not even the faintest idea what the gently caress it is, because it was such a long time ago that I ordered something in a drunken haze.

I'm basically secret santa-ing myself on a regular basis.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Shut up Meg posted:

I love finding a small package in my mailbox and having not even the faintest idea what the gently caress it is, because it was such a long time ago that I ordered something in a drunken haze.

:yeah: It's gotten to the point that my son will spot a small mysterious package and say "Chinese Christmas!" in a sing-song voice.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Shut up Meg posted:

Yeah. When it takes long enough for your orders to arrive, it’s like they are gifts from someone else. It’s great.

The shirt-like package, which seemed a bit too stiff and thick to be a shirt, was not a shirt. It was a pair of storage containers I bought for various electronics. The small package was more storage containers for SD cards.

Lol at those internal colors. The SD card holders are reeeeal cheap. I paid a little under $2 each. I think a couple of drops of super glue will improve them quite a bit. I think they’ll be fine as long as they don’t get opened and closed every day. The cases are cheap, but I paid $8.50 for the big one, which has a pocket for my iPad, and $2.50 for the smaller one. The internal zippers are definitely brittle, but the outside ones are surprisingly decent. They’re maybe 1/2 the quality of ones you’d buy at Best Buy or Microcenter, but they’re also 1/3rd or 1/4th the price.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Just to make a small contribution to the thread, I recently got a USB to 3DS charger cable as well as a DS to USB charger cable. Both of them have worked fine, and now I have a nifty way to recharge my 3DS the next multi-hour power out or road trip.

Space Butler
Dec 3, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Shut up Meg posted:

Same. I'm especially fond of the irrelevant or utterly nonsensical descriptions on the customs labels. 'Beach scarf' is not how I'd describe a nerf gun magazine.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Let's say I grab a coupon with my coins. If I go to buy something less than the coupon amount, does Ali save the extra coupon amount for later? Part of me thinks I should save up for the $12 coupon, and part of me knows in my heart that I'm only buying $2 worth of poo poo at a time.

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

Bean posted:

Let's say I grab a coupon with my coins. If I go to buy something less than the coupon amount, does Ali save the extra coupon amount for later? Part of me thinks I should save up for the $12 coupon, and part of me knows in my heart that I'm only buying $2 worth of poo poo at a time.

You can only use coupons for purchases above some amount. It varies from store to store, but a $12 coupon will require a purchase of $100+. Typically small coupons can be used for small purchases. The select coupons are nearly useless and can very rarely be used.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
OK review time: Bluedio T7 over ear headphones with ANC (noise canceling)

Build quality and function A+. ANC works great testing at house, should be good on airplanes to block engine noise. USB-c not micro which is a big plus. If battery holds up anywhere near claimed 40 hours heck I’d be happy with 12-20.

Now these probably aren’t for audiophiles, I am more than pleased but they don’t get crazy loud and the bass doesn’t seem off the charts. For my purposes watching videos and playing music while traveling great for me.

Music auto pauses when removed and starts again when you put back on. Voice commands work great. So for me I highly recommend (especially bc I paid $36 with a new user coupon).

Will wait and see on the i10tws AirPod clones, they should be exact size as real AirPods I bought ones linked from YouTube reviews that were highly favorable (some with 1-2 million views).

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

everdave posted:

OK review time: Bluedio T7 over ear headphones with ANC (noise canceling)
Please post again after you've worn them for several hours straight and let us know if they're still comfortable on your ears. I love my old Bose noise-cancelers, but drat, do they make my ears sore during a long flight or gaming session. :(

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Hirayuki posted:

Please post again after you've worn them for several hours straight and let us know if they're still comfortable on your ears. I love my old Bose noise-cancelers, but drat, do they make my ears sore during a long flight or gaming session. :(

I will definitely post when I get an extended time with them, might be able to get 1-2 hours straight one night this week but Easter weekend if I go out of town may get a solid 3+ hours and be able to report back.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
anyone buy area rugs off ali?

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

bowmore posted:

why would you buy a teaspoons with holes in them

A bit late but I wanna say that skull teaspoons are cool and good :colbert:

Impractical yes, but I'm not buying skulls for their practicality

I also have rose spoons (and other flowers) like these for when the mood strikes:

I got all of mine off Amazon a while back, but they probably all come from the same place anyway.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I am going to risk some cash and buy a fine leather bag from Ali. I'm in the $40-$100 range. Open to canvas as well. I need to upgrade my current messenger into a serious commuting man bag.

Anybody have any advice on what to look for? I'm putting more stock into photos of a factory or work place taken at different times. What should I focus on to dismiss low quality bags?

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
Usually the pictures are accurateish, albeit glammed up a lot. Also, everyone steals these pictures from each other.

Look for cheap stuff, and anything in the midrange or higher end with the same picture will be the same item. Look for "different" in some way.

Source: have bought like, three items worth more than $50, and have been satisfied

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
The most important thing is to check for reviews with photos, generally that will filter out listings that might be selling low quality imitations of the real items in the photos.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

I got the Bluedio T6S a few days ago. They do a good job of keeping out sounds even without the noise cancelling turned on. Turning it on gets creepy quiet. Sound quality is pretty decent, and they've synched up fine with a couple of bluetooth devices. As with the above, they don't get super loud.

Nitpick:l the big one is no aux input. The USB C port can be used, but judging from online complaints you have to get a specific 3.5 mm to USB C cable that can convert the audio. And only Bluedio makes one. You can get it on Amazon for under $15, iirc. Still, with it being a proprietary cable, it should have been in the box to begin with.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

MrUnderbridge posted:

Nitpick:l the big one is no aux input. The USB C port can be used, but judging from online complaints you have to get a specific 3.5 mm to USB C cable that can convert the audio. And only Bluedio makes one. You can get it on Amazon for under $15, iirc. Still, with it being a proprietary cable, it should have been in the box to begin with.

Wow weird - the T7 came with a 3.5 to USB-C cable along with standard C cable!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

And I got one with my T5S way back when.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Splice your own, you coward.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Apparently the T7 shows up as unavailable for me

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Son of a bitch....

Oh well. It'll be here tomorrow.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

By popular demand posted:

And I got one with my T5S way back when.

Yeah same.

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive

ante posted:

They are extremely junk - 45 minutes or less on battery, one of them charged once and then never lived again, they're huuuuge (which isn't obvious from the pictures) so they are uncomfortable and like to fall out and break apart.

I got these instead and I like them a lot:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/FGC...2919880319.html

Comfortable, good charging system, probably 2-2.5 hour battery life.

ime aliexpress electronics that are aping a high-end form factor are almost always poo poo, i chalk it up to the fact that on a budget you can buy decent components or you can buy compact components but not both, and while the airpod retail price is heavily inflated by the brand positioning apple also doesn't cheap out on hardware, at least not in the same galaxy AE products exist in. i've had luck with stuff that doesn't try too hard to be sexy, like irt budget wireless headphones the sort with the earbuds on short wires running to a neckband has worked great for me, i'd assume because that approach has generous real estate for the cheaper lithium ion cells w mediocre energy densities, bigger more effective bluetooth internal antennas, etc that these manufacturers will roll with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bees on Wheat posted:

A bit late but I wanna say that skull teaspoons are cool and good :colbert:

Impractical yes, but I'm not buying skulls for their practicality

I also have rose spoons (and other flowers) like these for when the mood strikes:

I got all of mine off Amazon a while back, but they probably all come from the same place anyway.

I sleep in a big spoon with my wife.