Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

MJeff posted:

Okay, so either way I'm gonna have to make a new version of this thread, thanks for the heads up.

Join us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

I meant to post this a while ago but I wrestled too many demons and forgot about it and now I'm hearing they want to replace the AEW Hell thread with a parking lot.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

apophenium posted:

Check the Balatro thread if you need more MJeff in your life

QoP is there too

AEW's renewal is coming on the same day as the Switch patch.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i was playing balatro while it was slow at work and one of our executives walked by and asked what i was playing, then asked if there is a way to incorporate it into an actual table game. so if you see balatro tables with custom jokers and bizarre blinds the next time you come to vegas i am so sorry

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

STING 64 posted:

i was playing balatro while it was slow at work and one of our executives walked by and asked what i was playing, then asked if there is a way to incorporate it into an actual table game. so if you see balatro tables with custom jokers and bizarre blinds the next time you come to vegas i am so sorry

poo poo if this real i might have to renew my passport....

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

MJeff posted:

I've gotten so good at the latest PC patch when it finally comes to PS5 I'm gonna get all the gold stickers lickety split :coal:

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023

STING 64 posted:

I don't really gamble but this I would be willing to sink a buck or two in.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Oh yeah I actually did have a Hell thread post

What's da fuckin' point of eliminator matches. If the challenger is gonna lose anyways why not make it an actual title defense?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

apophenium posted:

Oh yeah I actually did have a Hell thread post

What's da fuckin' point of eliminator matches. If the challenger is gonna lose anyways why not make it an actual title defense?

1) Ostensibly, the challenger isn't ranked and hasn't done enough to earn a title shot. This holds less water in a world where Christian Cage can just walk into a world title shot having done gently caress and all to earn it, but whatever.
2) If people lose eliminators 99% of the time, the 1% of the time they win is cool as gently caress.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

STING 64 posted:

oh no

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

MJeff posted:

1) Ostensibly, the challenger isn't ranked and hasn't done enough to earn a title shot. This holds less water in a world where Christian Cage can just walk into a world title shot having done gently caress and all to earn it, but whatever.
2) If people lose eliminators 99% of the time, the 1% of the time they win is cool as gently caress.

He didn't earn it the evil evps gave it to him.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

If Dax had more than 7 Podcast listeners when he had his awful podcast, FTR would have no fans. Dude has Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Hair seems like his brain barely functions. It should be Cesaro and Yuta instead but I guess Yuta is dead or missing.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

drat a narcissistic wrestler? Now I’ve heard everything

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MJeff posted:

AEW problem is it very rarely pulls the trigger on these so they really don't have as much heat as they should have. Really there should 2-3 a year that actually work

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

post hole digger posted:

drat a narcissistic wrestler? Now I’ve heard everything

It’s different, go back and listen to his podcasts dude is on Kanye levels of it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

If the hell thread doesn’t exist then I probably will just stop posting about wrestling, which would probably be a win-win for all involved if we’re being honest.

This

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MJeff posted:

:cry:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

It’s different, go back and listen to his podcasts dude is on Kanye levels of it

I listened to the first few before stopping because he just whined so much and his cohost was irritating, and this is some wild exaggeration

He’s definitely huffing his own farts but he’s nowhere near kanye levels

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Dax is a good wrestler I don’t give a poo poo about his tweets or his podcasts.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

mah tweets mah podcahsts

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

His post-show comments last night made us cheer for Cash Wheeler beating the gun charges and I never laughed so loving hard.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

NienNunb posted:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Eat My Fuc posted:

the competition has thrown you off your game like tony khan when wwe got hot again. like tony you just need to keep doing what you were doing until they inevitably burn out

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

STING 64 posted:

Is there anything I love that you're not trying to destroy?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

If Dax had more than 7 Podcast listeners when he had his awful podcast, FTR would have no fans. Dude has Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Hair seems like his brain barely functions. It should be Cesaro and Yuta instead but I guess Yuta is dead or missing.

It was such a good podcast, he's so dumb. Complaining that the problem with the Pinnacle is that they didn't let Tully do all the promos was so funny.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Pylons posted:

His post-show comments last night made us cheer for Cash Wheeler beating the gun charges and I never laughed so loving hard.

Dudes Rock

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

NienNunb posted:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
A pro wrestler is an annoying phony? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat??????

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

He hasn't had a podcast for over a year. Conversely he's been showing up on TV having kickass matches and putting over AEW all year. I don't give a poo poo!!! Did you see that ladder match or that Dynamite Kid match or that Okada match!!!!? It's time for the PSP Community to forgive Dax The Axe

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Pylons posted:

genuinely hilarious

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

It's time for the PSP Community to forgive Dax The Axe

No chance in (aew) hell (thread).

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

He hasn't had a podcast for over a year. Conversely he's been showing up on TV having kickass matches and putting over AEW all year. I don't give a poo poo!!! Did you see that ladder match or that Dynamite Kid match or that Okada match!!!!? It's time for the PSP Community to forgive Dax The Axe

I did see those matches. He's got to stop doing singles matches where he just stumbles around and calls it psychology

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

On The Internet posted:

No chance in (aew) hell (thread).

:yeah:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

harsh but fair. Remember this?

lol

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

didn’t watch dynamite or collision and don’t really have the desire to catch up. feels bad

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

JUNGLE BOY posted:

didn’t watch dynamite or collision and don’t really have the desire to catch up. feels bad

They were both really good so sucks to be you.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Was there anything good on this week’s shows, I can’t watch for another 2 weeks

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Swerve was good, Bucks were good, Willow and Mercedes was good and will drive the stupidest people insane so that's a plus, HoB were even pretty good, quick 5 minutes of spooks that moved the story. Toni and Mariah was fun.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Samoa Joe rightly and justifiably called HOOK a little loser bitch. That was good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I would say Collision was one of the better TVs this year or at least in the last couple of months.