Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Craig was unsure of whether he'd rather watch this show again or slam a sliding glass door into his weiner if that tells you anything

njsykora posted:

A Victory Road 2009 level burial of Lockdown and TNA in general.
Bryan and Craig get lewd.
Vinny loses his god drat loving mind over the booking of War Games matches.

Ah this sounds wondeful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Also vinny is an accidental racist

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The retirement question on the Pisscast was interesting. I'd say it's better for a wrestler to go out on top if they're broken down enough that their retirement match has to be a tag. Have their do their spots and finisher, give the crowd a feelgood moment, like Kenta Kobashi last year. Though maybe that counts as extenuating circumstances.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Link to the Wrestlemania Rewind podcast?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

ICHIBAHN posted:

Link to the Wrestlemania Rewind podcast?

http://podcastone.com/WWE-30-Years-Of-WrestleMania-Presented-By-WWE-Network

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

epitasis posted:

Disco Inferno is on the newest MLW and basically I think he may be responsible for all the SWERVES we attribute to Russo.

I'm gonna listen to this in a few minutes. MLW was hilarious the last time Konnan was loving with Disco, this should be good.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Dave Meltzer, making a statement about fake rear end wrestling in his Pancrase t-shirt.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
Punchcasters of all stripes; if WWE were ever to bring in Colt Cabana (again), what would be the best way to use him, in ring or out?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Punch/Piss/Whatevercast: What is the worst show to ever air on the USA network?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NienNunb posted:

Punch/Piss/Whatevercast: What is the worst show to ever air on the USA network?

Raw

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Pisscasters: who has or had the best facial hair in wrestling, and why is it Zeb Coulter?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Memento posted:

Pisscasters: who has or had the best facial hair in wrestling, and why is it Lash Leroux?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Devcast Episode 2: I played DMC4 during Raw

This week's NXT was a big cluster of stuff. Squash matches, debuting acid trips, and BACKSTAGE SEGMENTS! Listen and be amazed as Slapnuts, Blank, and I review this very perplexing episode of NXT. Smackdown was also a show that happened, with a very bizarre Shield segment. I watched the first episode of WWE countdown and forgot most of the things people said beyond repeating catchphrases and talking about how cool wrestlers are. The audio is also not bad, but I'm a bit lower than last week. I played DMC4 during Raw's main event, because jesus was that sucking the life out of me, so I needed to bust Agnus' head into the ground. Ask questions, follow us on twitter, call us pieces of poo poo, and try to get the Devcast taken down! Thanks for listening.

Sex_Ferguson
BlankGambit
Slapnuts

WE'RE GONNA ROCK IT RIGHT NOW!

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Mar 11, 2014

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Worked Shoot Radio does RAW.

http://shootcast.org/wwe-monday-night-raw-for-03-10-14/

or direct MP3 link.

http://shootcast.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/031014-WorkedShootRadio.mp3

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Listening to Alvarez and Meltzer's free show, Meltzer completely failing to understand Alvarez's innuendo re: Stephanie and dick jokes is pretty hilarious.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

BlueArmyMan posted:

Punchcasters of all stripes; if WWE were ever to bring in Colt Cabana (again), what would be the best way to use him, in ring or out?

As a way to make Punk come back. I don't see any other use they'd have for him.

Question:

Since they've given up on any real storytelling with the Divas division, do you think they'll give one of the Bellas the title win at Wrestlemania, on a random RAW with no buildup, or just forget to have AJ ever lose the title?

Do you see WWE making the HHH-Byran match have the stip where he enters the title match as capitulating to audience demands, or their plan all along which they drip fed the audience?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

We did record but due to long RAW file it should be up hopefully tonight.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

Listening to Alvarez and Meltzer's free show, Meltzer completely failing to understand Alvarez's innuendo re: Stephanie and dick jokes is pretty hilarious.
That was the best. He was completely oblivious.

Marketed Gum
Jun 26, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

That was the best. He was completely oblivious.

Shocking that people still don't get Dave's humor. He knew exactly what Bryan meant.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Labored Wooting posted:

Shocking that people still don't get Dave's humor.

I've only listened to a handful of audios of Meltzer talking v:shobon:v

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

I've only listened to a handful of audios of Meltzer talking v:shobon:v

Dave's sense of humour is VERY dry, most of the time.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Labored Wooting posted:

Shocking that people still don't get Dave's humor. He knew exactly what Bryan meant.
I do, and normally I'd agree with you, but there was no joke in him pretending not to understand like there usually is when he plays deadpan.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
Both casts; who in WWE actually benefits from scripted promos, i.e. does better with a script than without?

Pisscast; why do you think no one responded to "What?" with "A sphincter says what?"

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

SUPER LATE TONIGHT, SORRY YA'LL.

The 10 Count Episode 51 - The Bernie Williams Cast / Mih-Nah-Wah-Man

KFG demanded the intro but I made him pay with a hell of an outro :hehe:

01.) Raw! Also the real Wrestler of the Week: ZACK RYDER!
02.) From Blasmeister: What gimmicks from the past would work in modern WWE? Which would bomb?
03.) TNA Lockdown
04.) From Luigi Thirty: Create an 8-man bracket for a 2014 Brawl-for-All. Only caveat: It's on Raw. No Brock. (WE'RE DOING TNA!!!)

We are 1 hour and 15 minutes into the show at this point.

05.) WRESTLER OF THE WEEK: KEN SHAMROCK. Also a small discussion about Jose Canseco.
06.) From sportsgenius86: A wrestler has died, leaving you $1 billion on the condition that you maintain a "fabs-era" Tommy Rich haircut for the rest of your life? What do you do?
07.) From Meat Recital: Book a four-way feud with Big Daddy V, Villano V, Robbie V and Tiger Mask V for control of the letter H.
08.) From Thauros: Muscle-for-muscle, who's more awesome: Lex Luger or Hulk Hogan?
09.) From Wazzu: Who, either on the main roster or in developmental, do you want to see go undefeated for the next six months?
10.) From Desumaytah: Suppose some terrible calamity were to befall WWE and NJPW, rendering both companies' top three stars completely incapable of appearing in any capacity.
- Who, exactly, just got incapacitated?
- Who do the two companies turn to to replace them?

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Mar 12, 2014

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I played out the TNA shootfighting tournament using the world's premier MMA simulator, Fire Pro Wrestling Returns, using whatever was in the pack the most important guys on the roster. Austin Aries KOs Christopher Daniels with a neckbreaker (RD3) and Bully Ray KOs Magnus with a fallaway slam (RD2) to advance to the semis. Bully Ray wins the tournament by KOing Aries with an elbow (RD2) in the semifinals. There is no finals because everyone on the other side of the bracket (Joe vs Angle, Rob Terry vs Kenny King) went to time limit, which apparently causes both sides to be eliminated.

Frilled Lizard
May 22, 2004

WOOF WOOF WOOF
YOU KNOW IT
This probably fits here better than anywhere else - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brFd4P_Xpsg

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
:stare:

Is the other guy a wrestler too?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Skunkrocker posted:

Cliff Compton, formerly one of the whateverthefuck they were called. The greaser tag team with Cherry.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Skunkrocker posted:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Pisscast, please nominate Bruiser Brody. The knife was soaked in urine and I feel this qualifies as being peed on.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Skunkrocker posted:

http://tsmradio.com/coltcabana/2011/09/07/aow-59-domino-nigeria/ is a must listen and actually on topic here.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

weekly font posted:

Cliff Compton, formerly one of the whateverthefuck they were called. The greaser tag team with Cherry.

Deuce and Domino. One of the best gimmick tag teams in the WWE, good finisher and their fantastic theme song. My love of these guys was only second to my love of the Masterpiece in his original gimmick. Back when SA did those "X is ____ Month" we had finisher month and I sported the Deuce and Domino "Crack 'em in da mouth".

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Weird seeing him without his glasses and coif. Didn't recognize him at all.

Wish Colt would have Cliff on again, love that guy. :allears:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Can't remember if Pillman ever made it in the shithouse, but I think this monster turd story qualifies him.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
I think someone called me a douche but at least my internet name Abe gave me got read out loud so I'm counting it as a win. By the way, it's Khabib Nurmagomedov.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Blasmeister posted:

Can't remember if Pillman ever made it in the shithouse, but I think this monster turd story qualifies him.

Yeah, he's been inducted already for that monster poo poo.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Literally The Worst posted:

Pisscast, please nominate Bruiser Brody. The knife was soaked in urine and I feel this qualifies as being peed on.

Wrong stabbing death in pro wrestling.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

KungFu Grip posted:

Wrong stabbing death in pro wrestling.

Who was the guy got stabbed with the pisskinfe.

Blasmeister posted:

It's the way JR says "If it wasn't eighteen inches long, I'm not wearing a black hat" that really sells the story.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Literally The Worst posted:

Who was the guy got stabbed with the pisskinfe.

Rikidōzan, yakuza hit many attribute over him stiffing Masahiko Kimura (the namesake for the Kimura lock) in a match.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Mar 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Thauros posted:

Rikidōzan

Induct him then.

• Locked thread