Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Well at least Wimmer redeemed himself and your granddad's soul with writing credits on such projects as Street Kings, Law-Abiding Citizen, and the Total Recall/Point Break remakes
As we all remember well the best part of Equilibrium was the writing

Salt was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Agreed that was an underrated movie that came out when there seemed to be some strange backlash against Angelina Jolie combined with an annoying marketing campaign.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Salt was good.

Where's that image of the pear with giant teeth saying "LOLWUT" when I need it

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Salt was good.

Was that the one where she made bullets fly around corners?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Salt was good.

Yeah...on my food!!!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

dont think anybody smiles fantastically in salt though?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jack's Flow posted:

Was that the one where she made bullets fly around corners?

Salt was the one where she was a CIA agent who gets accused of being a Russian spy. So she goes on the run but then it turns out that yes, she is a Russian spy but gets pissed off at her boss because he kills her husband (who she actually loved even though he was supposed to just be a cover spouse.)

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

bullets over corners is "Wanted"? I think. James McAvoy im p sure anyway

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

muscles like this? posted:

Salt was the one where she was a CIA agent who gets accused of being a Russian spy. So she goes on the run but then it turns out that yes, she is a Russian spy but gets pissed off at her boss because he kills her husband (who she actually loved even though he was supposed to just be a cover spouse.)

Snapchat A Titty posted:

bullets over corners is "Wanted"? I think. James McAvoy im p sure anyway

Right, I was thinking of Wanted.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

LORD OF BUTT posted:

This is a pro click

Haha, there's something crazily endearing about the fact that they simultaneously use their 'no phones' clip to advertise their oven baked cookies.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I could never understand the goon love for Equilibrium. Even for a cult film it's just awful.

loving gun-kata, man.

Equilibrium is one of those movies is TOTALLY AWESOME! until you actually think about it and realise how loving stupid it is.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

The MSJ posted:

Hardcore Henry anti-texting/talking PSA for Alamo Drafthouse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVCkI5C_qNI

Great Sharlto Copley impression. Too bad their food sucks now though.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

Great Sharlto Copley impression. Too bad their food sucks now though.

?? That is Sharlto Copley.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Wow, really? What the hell is up with his hair?

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

It's Sharlto Copley, do we need to repeat this?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's a thing in the movie.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I always feel like I'm reading where somebody screwed up his name, which clearly should be Carlton Sharpley.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

kiimo posted:

I always feel like I'm reading where somebody screwed up his name, which clearly should be Carlton Sharpley.

That's his alias in my script titled "Sharlto Copley Is A Spy That Is Bad At His Job".

Detective Dog Dick
Oct 21, 2008

Detective Dog Dick

This is actually infuriating to watch.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Can we establish a rule that any and all action movie trailers must be scored to Beastie Boys songs? After Star Trek and TMNT this year, I think there's no better way to make a movie seem exciting.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I'm fine with the choice of music but that Star Trek trailer was trash

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

morestuff posted:

I'm fine with the choice of music but that Star Trek trailer was trash

Simon Pegg (co-writer) was apparently really annoyed by it, saying it didn't represent the movie that was made. It's supposed to be more Star Trek-y than the first two. Which I find incredibly hard to believe, because it's being directed by the patron saint of over-the-top action, Justin Lin.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The Enterprise Crew stuck on a weird planet that looks like it was filmed in the next door mountain and some strange alien is doing something is super Original Series.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Apparently the trailer I cut for Wonder Woman over a month ago caught some steam on Facebook since the release of Batman v Superman and it's confusing a lot of people. An alarming number of folks think it's the real thing bahaha. I was wondering why the views on my vimeo profile shot up from 200 to 120,000 lmao.

I was reading some comments and one guy was like "Why did they put footage from Batman v Superman in it? And one of his friends replied "par for the course for Warner Bros." I kind of feel bad.

teagone fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Apr 4, 2016

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Can you repost it here?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Vegetable posted:

Can you repost it here?

Here you go: https://vimeo.com/155351554

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEsRfqDUZAE

This movie is going to own so loving hard. :allears:

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I could never understand the goon love for Equilibrium. Even for a cult film it's just awful.

loving gun-kata, man.

It's bad but I find it so easy to watch. I like how cheap it all looks.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

GonSmithe posted:

My 90-year old grandfather went to the grave with Ultraviolet as one of his favorite movies. He just loved the action scenes.

That's loving cool.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Dan Didio posted:

That's loving cool.

Yeah, my grandpa was a cool guy. He's one of the reasons I watch movies so much.

He liked actually good movies, too.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Remember that movie where Paul Dano costars with Daniel Radcliffe playing a dead body? Here's the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYVTeuLaZH4

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Immortan posted:

"She has arrived" Oh boy oh boy I hope it's a big gribbly queen thing :3:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Immortan posted:

If anyone other than Jeff Goldblum were the lead I would have less than 0% interest in this film. But goddamnit, Jeff Goldblum is headlining a sci/fi action movie in 2016 so I have to see it. Unless everyone says it's absolute garbage, then I'll wait til it his blu-ray and skip any scene he's not in.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

feedmyleg posted:

If anyone other than Jeff Goldblum were the lead I would have less than 0% interest in this film. But goddamnit, Jeff Goldblum is headlining a sci/fi action movie in 2016 so I have to see it. Unless everyone says it's absolute garbage, then I'll wait til it his blu-ray and skip any scene he's not in.

I suspect that the trailers are lying and Liam Hemsworth is the actual lead.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

feedmyleg posted:

Major spoiler: He dies in the first attack about 30 minutes in.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I can't in good conscience not see an Independence Day sequel in the biggest IMAX screen with the best sound system around me. It may be terrible poo poo, but the first movie was a fun and loud movie experience and to have more of that + XCOM with almost planet sized ships and even more ridiculous poo poo like moon bases and the old cast still around?

Day 1, fuckers.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

ya and cranston was the star of godzilla lol

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Hey guys, remember these scenes from the first movie? Well we copied them and made the same poo poo again, enjoy

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Zzulu posted:

Hey guys, remember these scenes from the first movie? Well we copied them and made the same poo poo again, enjoy

When testing this campaign any time we showed something new the numbers went down. The more references to the first film, the numbers go up. It's weird but people really love Independence Day and want another one that is basically the first one. Why do you think we used the speech from the first movie? More references to the first film are coming, btw. It's like when people were complaining about breaking the fourth wall in the Deadpool campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Zzulu posted:

See how much money The Force Awakens made?

• Locked thread