Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Sinners Sandwich posted:

https://twitter.com/METlCHE/status/1007547677603594241

My Mom has epilepsy so I noticed this might be a problem in the trailer. Very lovely of Pixar to not realize this was a problem.

exactly how many pikachus are there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Samuel Clemens posted:

Lucky bastard. We don't get it till September. :mad:

What the gently caress? Pirate it! Screw that.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Alan Smithee posted:

exactly how many pikachus are there

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

https://twitter.com/amandawtwong/status/1009141022041837568

???

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Reviewer horny, Michael. And also weirdly misogynist.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Is he seriously talking about hiding his boner with a soda cup.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Is he seriously talking about hiding his boner with a soda cup.

and popcorn, too!

but yeah that's kinda gross, what the hell

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
also he thinks that any non-sexualized scene that happens to be two women talking to each other is hot which is pretty wild

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

According to the twitter replies apparently this critic's career at the New Yorker is mostly about sneaking (?) in ways to write about his boner.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Disney makes it official: Jennifer Lee and Pete Docter are the replacements for Lasseter as chief creatives at Pixar.

Good calls and hopefully they will be successful at the top.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

mycot posted:

According to the twitter replies apparently this critic's career at the New Yorker is mostly about sneaking (?) in ways to write about his boner.

Living the dream!

Kangra
May 7, 2012

IronicDongz posted:

also he thinks that any non-sexualized scene that happens to be two women talking to each other is hot which is pretty wild

"Yeah, you know, the Bechdel test. The one that lets you know if a movie is totally sexy or not."

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

"And the husband replies, "How the hell should I know? I never saw nor read Fifty Shades of Grey because I am a man."

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
So just to clarify -- is the popcorn flying because the man is throwing it or is the author implying that he became so suddenly and violently turgid that it launched a theoretical bag of popcorn that was resting on his lap?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The second one :negative:

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Impressive. My current limit is toppling a precariously balanced water bottle, I'm gonna really have to hit those kegels to catch up.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
What, yours doesn't go SPROINGGGGG! sound effect and all?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I like that someone was so distressed he wanted to bang an animated mom that loudly proclaimed it the intent of those devious, perverted animators

It's very Frollo of him.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

God drat, The New Yorker.

One my old animation profs did comment that the film does focus a lot on Elastigirl's butt. I will verify if this is true when I see it next week.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Sir Lemming posted:

What, yours doesn't go SPROINGGGGG! sound effect and all?

Should... should I be concerned if it doesn't? :ohdear:

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Should... should I be concerned if it doesn't? :ohdear:

be sure to talk to your doctor about erectile noise dysfunction

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Ccs posted:

God drat, The New Yorker.

One my old animation profs did comment that the film does focus a lot on Elastigirl's butt. I will verify if this is true when I see it next week.

I like butts, but I did not feel that it focused on Elastigirl's butt (and I was looking out) :colbert:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

and furthermore it does NOT pass the bechdel test-

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

So I guess his main point is that The Incredibles 2 has a little something for daddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUxn5QqCJbg

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

The short in front of Incredibles 2 is really good. Lots of laughs, then quite a gut-punch!

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Agreed, but... Man, there was some serious emotional dissonance between the end of it and the start of the movie proper (though it was still adorable, of course).

Though I suppose it was chosen because of the thematic similarities to Incredibles 2.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Doctor Reynolds posted:

The short in front of Incredibles 2 is really good. Lots of laughs, then quite a gut-punch!

I cried at the short.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Pixar films with shorts superior to movies:

The Incredibles 2
Finding Dory

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Up, if you pretend that the first fifteen minutes of the film are a short.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Does Wreck-it-Ralph count? And I liked WiR.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I liked Incredibles 2. I'm confused as to how the family doesn't know Jack Jack has powers from the outset though. He used his powers to get away from Syndrome in the first movie.

The animation was really incredible. Over-animated in a few segments though, like when Helen and the woman are talking about how to get Screenslaver. My eyes got tired watching that scene because they doing so much with the movements.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
He was way up in the sky when he started using super powers on Syndrome. They didn't actually see him use them.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Vegetable posted:

Pixar films with shorts superior to movies:

The Incredibles 2
Finding Dory
You're forgetting Cars which had the spectacular One Man Band. Honestly One Man Band was the first time I actually really loved the Pixar shorts.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1012822044428460032

I knew this was going to be a horrible film, but between this and the film being about Sonic being best buds with a cop, this may end up being the most glorious trainwreck it could've possibly been.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

A Sonic the Hedgehog movie should be an 8mm-style dive into the seedy underworld of Deviantart fandom

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
"One thing's for certain: dads are in for a wild ride of breathing heavily and trying not to let the children smell their glistening members when they spy Sonic's tight-bodied, sultry friend Amy fluttering her come-hither lashes at the camera, as if saying to your humble reviewer that total carnal satisfaction is but a hedgehog's kiss away." - The New Yorker

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Shadow Hog posted:

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1012822044428460032

I knew this was going to be a horrible film, but between this and the film being about Sonic being best buds with a cop, this may end up being the most glorious trainwreck it could've possibly been.

I'm so confused about what this movie IS, I think it may actually be one of those things where it ends up being good despite all logic (see Mario x Rabbids).

Robotnik voiced by Jim Carrey (??), Sonic is best buds with a live action (???) cop (?????)

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 40 minutes!

ALFbrot posted:

"One thing's for certain: dads are in for a wild ride of breathing heavily and trying not to let the children smell their glistening members when they spy Sonic's tight-bodied, sultry friend Amy fluttering her come-hither lashes at the camera, as if saying to your humble reviewer that total carnal satisfaction is but a hedgehog's kiss away." - The New Yorker

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/Bogswallop/status/1012829708340416512