Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I wouldn't be surprised if they have to make Cavill look scrawnier in post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

Was the left side photoshopped or is Henry Cavill really that jacked when he does these movies?

http://i.imgur.com/ueROzUF.gifv

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He's a loving He-Man figure blown up to life size.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

female_gaze.gif

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

http://i.imgur.com/uEcQXiF.gifv

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Pretty sure that gif would turn the female population around on the Ultimate Edition. And some males.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

man I'll bet those eggs ain't even real

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

Was the left side photoshopped or is Henry Cavill really that jacked when he does these movies? I have a friend who has met him in real life (at SDCC one year) who says the guy is massive, but compared to the scrawny TV Supes he almost looks unbelievably big.

Although the perspective and framing of each photo is probably very different, so maybe that's why it looks so jarring side by side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLHNI96oF2A&t=336s

Seriously, look at that. It's impressive how imposingly huge Conan suddenly became

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

CW Superman looks like someone tried to draw Dean Cain Superman from memory.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Cavill and Momoa have something in common: they hide their gynecomastia well.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Yeah these movies narrowly avoided being 100% ruined due to gynecomastia.

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"

This gives me greater appreciation to the DCCU Superman outfit for sure. I just wish they had the red trunks or at least the belt with that specific costume

JediTalentAgent posted:

It's good to see Robbie Rotten from Lazytown has hung up the old supervillain hat and become a hero.

Lmao this isn't getting enough appreciation, this is hilarious

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Freakazoid_ posted:

There's no wellness program for movies.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

At least the TV suit doesn't have sculpted abs. And the red breaks up the suit nicely (and there appears to be some yellow in there).

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
That suit is drat ugly, it looks very boxy, like a 80's iron man armour.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Freakazoid_ posted:

gynecomastia

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Gym-nacomastia

In other news, there's a supposed official Suicide Squad cast list indicating that Ezra Miller will cameo as The Flash early in the movie.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I think Cavill slimmed down a bit for The Man From UNCLE but he was still pretty big in that too.

I wish I could rent that movie anywhere too, it's just options to buy. :argh:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

I think Cavill slimmed down a bit for The Man From UNCLE but he was still pretty big in that too.

I wish I could rent that movie anywhere too, it's just options to buy. :argh:

It's on HBO. Get Now for a month? Cheaper than buying plus lots of other ish.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

cvnvcnv posted:

It's on HBO. Get Now for a month? Cheaper than buying plus lots of other ish.

Oh cool, I'll give that a look then. Thanks!

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

teagone posted:

gynecomastia
goons historically have trouble dealing with their own body issues, just look at the regular flow of gbs threads angry at fat people.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I just watched The Dark Knight for the first time and i don't really understand what the big deal is. It looks and sounds like a direct to dvd movie, and as expected Heath Ledger didn't magically become a good actor for this one movie.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
If Zach Snyder loves dream sequences so much, why hasn't done a dream sequence with Cain and Abel from the Houses of Secrets and Mysteries yet!? :argh:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oasx posted:

I just watched The Dark Knight for the first time and i don't really understand what the big deal is. It looks and sounds like a direct to dvd movie, and as expected Heath Ledger didn't magically become a good actor for this one movie.

:vince:

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Oasx posted:

Ssssss ooh watch out these takes are hot.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Oasx posted:

:drat::wow:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Oasx posted:

It's a 6/10 movie, yes, but elevated by Ledger who was 10/10, best thing about it. Sadly that trilogy got worse with each entry.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

MonsieurChoc posted:

If Zach Snyder loves dream sequences so much, why hasn't done a dream sequence with Cain and Abel from the Houses of Secrets and Mysteries yet!? :argh:

If they introduce the Crime Bible I'm gonna flip.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

cvnvcnv posted:

It's a 6/10 movie, yes, but elevated by Ledger who was 10/10, best thing about it. Sadly that trilogy got worse with each entry.

TDK is actually the worst of that trilogy.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Gynecomastia is not even large breasts, it's tenderness and soreness in the breast. Men can have it regardless of breast size.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

computer parts posted:

TDK is actually the worst of that trilogy.
You know what, I'll go ahead and agree just because I was just trying to think of the character arcs in it and can recall only Dent while TDKR had one for pretty much everyone.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
TDK I think is probably the most suspenseful though, which counts for a lot

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Equeen posted:

female_gaze.gif

Speak for yourself :gay:

Electromax
May 6, 2007
What does a direct to DVD movie sound like?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Electromax posted:

When you listen with iPhone earbuds, everything sounds the same.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Speak for yourself :gay:

Male Gayze?

Electromax posted:

[Insert MCU joke here]

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
TDK may not be all that great, but Christopher Nolan doesn't direct movies that look like they were straight to DVD. If you think something like TDK looks straight to DVD, please tell me about all these straight to DVD movies that I'm missing out on.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

If they introduce the Crime Bible I'm gonna flip.

Have we ever gotten Cain's opinion on the Crime Bible?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Basebf555 posted:

TDK may not be all that great, but Christopher Nolan doesn't direct movies that look like they were straight to DVD. If you think something like TDK looks straight to DVD, please tell me about all these straight to DVD movies that I'm missing out on.

I completely disagree with the "straight to DVD" assessment but one thing I will say is that you do lose a lot of impact in the transition from theater to home media. One scene I remember specifically being really well executed in the theater was the "disappearing pencil" gag; with the loud surround sound that lands really well, it loses a lot of punch watching it on a small screen without the big SLAM to sell it. The IMAX shots are also obviously a lot less impressive when you aren't seeing them on a big screen.

I like TDK the best of the trilogy. I can see it being weaker in some aspects like plotting, but I gotta agree with greatn that it is the most suspenseful which counts for a lot in the type of movie they were going for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

MonsieurChoc posted:

Is that Sandman movie dead now btw? I hope so, it would not translate well to film at all; put it on HBO to compete with American Gods on Starz

• Locked thread