Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
The entire last arc of Chelsea Cain's Mockingbird took place on a (very) thinly veiled version of the Jonathan Coulton cruise. Like to the point that every character on the boat other than the one who turned out to be the bad guy were all actual people who are currently or were formerly on the Jonathan Coulton cruise line-up along with Chelsea Cain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Yeah, I find the number of people confused about the nerd cruise to be very disconcerting because it means none of you people read Mockingbird and you should all be ashamed.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Was catching up on last page on found her announcing a new book on a nerd cruise heavily ironic, only to get to the new page to discover she based the arc on a previous thing she did irl it send like? which is slightly less funny

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

NmareBfly posted:

Yeah, I find the number of people confused about the nerd cruise to be very disconcerting because it means none of you people read Mockingbird and you should all be ashamed.

Mockingbird is a comic book and not real life.

Not that I was confused, since themed cruises are pretty common.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Looks like a possible new X-Force series is coming along with the other new X-Men books.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
That's probably Cable and Deadpool pointing the guns. I wonder who else will be on the team?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I thought Archangel died and time-lost Angel had some weird fire wings or something? Can someone break it down for someone who hasn't read X-Men since around UXM 500?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Uncanny X-Men has been terrible since the relaunch but reborn Angel is like a faith healer and Archangel is a separate individual or something. Greg Land drew it so gently caress that.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

pubic works project posted:

I thought Archangel died and time-lost Angel had some weird fire wings or something? Can someone break it down for someone who hasn't read X-Men since around UXM 500?

The young Angel is on the X-Men Blue Team. This is Archangel. Someone that's more familiar with his current deal will have to expound on that.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Starsnostars posted:

That's probably Cable and Deadpool pointing the guns. I wonder who else will be on the team?

Left field guess: dude on the left is actually Bishop

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

The big reveal is that isn't two people driving in a car in silhouette, it's one guy riding on the back of the all-new, reformed Bonebreaker

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

X-O posted:

Looks like a possible new X-Force series is coming along with the other new X-Men books.

A Marvel exec accidentally let slip a while back that not everything has been announced.

Makes sense some would be secret until this thing finishes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We're supposedly getting X-Factor and Excalibur books as well.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

X-O posted:

There we go. I was waiting for an X book I wanted to read. OML, Archangel, Cable, Deadpool, and ??? murder squad sounds pretty great.

I'm afraid to ask about what's going on with Fantomex. There was three of him, and I just stopped caring.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It should be Emma in there.

It's what Cyclops would have wanted.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
It's probably Deadpool but I'm going to pretend it's a Domino swerve just because that's what I want to happen.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Open Marriage Night posted:

There we go. I was waiting for an X book I wanted to read. OML, Archangel, Cable, Deadpool, and ??? murder squad sounds pretty great.

I'm afraid to ask about what's going on with Fantomex. There was three of him, and I just stopped caring.

Fantomex has been surprisingly good in the surprisingly good UXM tie-ins to the surprisingly good IvX.

Rhyno posted:

reborn Angel is like a faith healer and Archangel is a separate individual or something. Greg Land drew it so gently caress that.

Archangel was a mindless drone at the beginning of the current run of UXM but then I think he showed up later totally fine with no explanation.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rochallor posted:

Fantomex has been surprisingly good in the surprisingly good UXM tie-ins to the surprisingly good IvX.

Archangel was a mindless drone at the beginning of the current run of UXM but then I think he showed up later totally fine with no explanation.

He merged with the faith healer version

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Didn't Angel have sex with Husk in front of everyone? What the hell was that?

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

twistedmentat posted:

Wasn't it Husk pissing off her parents or something?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Decius posted:

Wasn't it Husk pissing off her parents or something?

It was chuck Austen's war crime of an x-men run

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

WE DON'T TALK ABOUT THAT

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

¡Terrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
Was this around when Angel's blood got healing properties and secondary mutations became a thing and some bad guys wanted to make Nightcrawler the Pope?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bobkatt013 posted:

It was chuck Austen's war crime of an x-men run

Oh God it was wasn't it? And now he works on Steven Universe.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

El Tortuga posted:

Was this around when Angel's blood got healing properties and secondary mutations became a thing and some bad guys wanted to make Nightcrawler the Pope?

Yep. Sure was. I'm honestly surprised I kept ready X-Men until issue 500 after that bullshit.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

El Tortuga posted:

Also mutants can't get AIDS

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

El Tortuga posted:

Point of order: secondary mutations were a thing since Grant Morrison.

....because he was told he couldn't use Colossus so he decided to give Emma Frost the ability to turn into diamonds instead.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I never understood the whole thing where G-Mo had to exchange Colossus for Emma. Wouldn't that have changed his whole plot? Like, was he originally going to have Scott and Pete bang instead?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

BrianWilly posted:

I never understood the whole thing where G-Mo had to exchange Colossus for Emma. Wouldn't that have changed his whole plot? Like, was he originally going to have Scott and Pete bang instead?

Shhhhhhhh...don't tell Mr. President.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

I would think it was for some specific thing (surviving the Wild Sentinel attack because of their power, presumably?) and the rest of he story developed later.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
The Colossus thing is strictly from his initial New X-Men pitch where he wanted the core pre-existing team to be Xavier, Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean, Moira McTaggart, Colossus, and possibly Storm and Rogue.

In the same pitch he refers to Cassandra Nova as Charlie X and Xorn as Mutant X and has a number of plot threads dropped and re-arranged from the eventual comics he actually published.

Weirdly, Colossus's name actually never comes up in the outline for the first year besides (presumably) being part of some TEAM ASSEMBLES FOR BIG ACTION FINALE so the whole "Colossus replaced by Emma" thing doesn't even have as clear a thread as "Moira replaced by Beast", in the sense that at least the part where Nova-controlled-Xavier attacks [scientist type] survives into the actual comic, though in the pitch controlled-Xavier straight up murders Moira whereas Beast survives in the final product.

He also pitches a year two storyline where he kills off Rogue and replaces her with a teenage mall goth Rogue, so things clearly changed between the initial Colossus-inclusive pitch and the Emma-inclusive published comic book.

Also re-reading the pitch (which is in the back of the New X-Men hardcover and presumably other reprints?) the U-Men were originally called Black Kross and most of the special class were actually Black Kross/U-Men members originally: "Basilisk, the Creature, Tasmanian, Ernst and Cellophane". though Ernst is actually Beak in this scenario? There was clearly a lot of shuffling.

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Mar 7, 2017

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Jeff Lemire is pretty much out.
https://twitter.com/JeffLemire/status/839127302919319553
https://twitter.com/JeffLemire/status/839130513197658112

e: And here's nine minutes of Todd McFarlane drawing your favourite chacater, Baby Groot.
https://vimeo.com/207198224

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Mar 7, 2017

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
hey guys I read Civil War 2 and it was really bad, help.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rhymenoserous posted:

You deserve this suffering.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Rhymenoserous posted:

It's your fault!

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Oh God it was wasn't it? And now he works on Steven Universe.

I really like Steven Universe, so this is just baffling.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Would anybody happen to know if I could share my Marvel Unlimited account details with my sister and have it work just fine without it just booting me out if we try to read at the same time?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Enhance

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Those are both characters I like so my interest has spiked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

awkward

• Locked thread