Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

RadiRoot posted:

ill just learn how to shingle my own roof. can't be that hard really.

just put tarps over it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

RadiRoot posted:

ill just learn how to shingle my own roof. can't be that hard really.

People are doing this more I think. Watch a YouTube video, post on Reddit and ask questions. Save huge $$

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

They can just slap felt over a plank deck and stick shingles on it, it's fine

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

running to join the army because there are 3 applicants for every job position lol. computer touchers are too soft

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
hickory dickory dock rear end lookin roof

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

The Oldest Man posted:

what's even left in the basket of goods theyre using to compute cpi and inflation at this point

too much. it must be stripped clean of all impurities

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Homeless Friend posted:

hickory dickory dock rear end lookin roof

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

as a liberal arts degree holder who had to join the military this is giving me no small amount of schadenfreude

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Wow can't believe the marines aren't recruiting 45 year olds to walk fifty miles in the desert carrying 200 lbs of equipment

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

Wow can't believe the marines aren't recruiting 45 year olds to walk fifty miles in the desert carrying 200 lbs of equipment

I bet the Ukrainian marines would take him

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

he's in peak physical condition, in that when it comes to physical activity he's like an action figure still in the box

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

They can just slap felt over a plank deck and stick shingles on it, it's fine

Braver than every cop. I salute our roofworkers

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

How can they call it a premium consumer experience when they let any ragamuffin with $50 waltz in to the place?!

https://twitter.com/seattletimes/status/1789784449179115661?t=e5stBWnai8BiShRPtgoV-w&s=19

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Casey Finnigan posted:

Ed Edd n Eddy rear end economy

Brutal put down

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
JIM CRAMER SAYS: "JAWBREAKERS" HAVE NO WHERE TO GO BUT DOWN, SELL NOW

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Father Wendigo posted:

How can they call it a premium consumer experience when they let any ragamuffin with $50 waltz in to the place?!

https://twitter.com/seattletimes/status/1789784449179115661?t=e5stBWnai8BiShRPtgoV-w&s=19

$50 to stand in line for three hours for a 3-5 minute ride

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

triple sulk posted:

theme parks are obsolete

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

is there a lazy river kinda thing at the Disney parks where you can camp out at all day or is it all lines

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
I'm dying in Disney right now because my sister works for the mouse and we get free tickets. My niece and nephew are still pretending that this poo poo is worth dying in the Florida heat for. At least it's not at the height of summer.

Also, almost every kisok sells alcohol. $15 frozen jack and coke is a ripoff I'm willing to accept right now, anything to dull this torture.

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

this is already the case, my father-in-law had a new roof put on a ~1400 square foot house and it was $20K. Not a lot of people with $20K laying around

they sure do if it's a 96 month installment plan with 15% interest

e: i should refresh before posting

corona familiar has issued a correction as of 20:42 on May 13, 2024

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

triple sulk posted:

while you overpay for food/beverages/everything else because you're a captive audience!

case in point:

pnumoman posted:

$15 frozen jack and coke is a ripoff I'm willing to accept right now, anything to dull this torture.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Nonsense posted:

theme parks are obsolete

ive been telling my wife and kids this for years!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I worked Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando during college and I'll never forget this little tidbit of info they told us during orientation:

Alcohol sales > Ticket sales. And it's not particularly close.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

WampaLord posted:

while you overpay for food/beverages/everything else because you're a captive audience!

case in point:

can you bring in edibles shaped like a bong and take fat tokes on the mouse and then eat the bong?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
pitching a weed themed amusement park for my local business college final

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
humans have been producing booze for thousands of years and the price still hasn't come down

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

i say swears online posted:

is there a lazy river kinda thing at the Disney parks where you can camp out at all day or is it all lines

I think there was in 1992 but I might be thinking of a different family vacation

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

RealityWarCriminal posted:

humans have been producing booze for thousands of years and the price still hasn't come down

wine is crazy cheap right now (just not in restaurants)

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/australian-farmers-rip-out-millions-vines-amid-wine-glut-2024-03-09/

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

no lube so what posted:

can you bring in edibles shaped like a bong and take fat tokes on the mouse and then eat the bong?

no will tell you this but it's allowed on 4/20

or any other day if you're sneaky enough

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

my wife and I are afraid of when our kids inevitably discover Disney World by cultural osmosis and start to demand trips there because it has by all accounts become a moneysink built specifically for the kind of people who have no higher aspiration for their monetary habits than blowing it all at Disney World

Their lines are p2w now. You have to pay extra to actually go on rides without spending all day in line. The park ticket itself just buys you scenery. They are of course still overcharging out the wazoo for food and lodging too

I have heard people try to argue to me that they raised prices on everything to try to decrease crowding and it's not working because people are willing to pay whatever they charge, but of course that's bullshit, the second half of that sentence is all that's necessary for them to raise prices. If they actually wanted to decrease crowding they'd probably build more than 1.5 parks in the entire country, lord knows they have the money, but they have their base of paypigs and that's all they need

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

no lube so what posted:

You can actually bring edibles anywhere as long as a cop doesn't notice

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

I’m dumb and think theme parks are neat but lmfao at the prices no thanks

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

wine and weed industries are both in freefall in california right now

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

We have taken our daughter to Legoland though. Legoland is fine because while the Lego Adult is a phenomenon that exists, they mostly care about building intricate Lego sets in their goon caves they never leave, meaning that Legoland is mostly actual kids (laudatory). Plus there's one close enough to us that we could drive there for a day.

Apr 7, 2003

holefoods posted:

I’m dumb and think theme parks are neat but lmfao at the prices no thanks

FOMO is a powerful motivator

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

post hole digger posted:

wine and weed industries are both in freefall in california right now

I got a bottle of andre brut for $4.99 last month and I am very excited at this turn of events

also 2g vapes for $30 apiece geez

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i had a rock climbing partner at one point who did a family trip to that immersive star wars hotel thing at disney world(?) that might be closed now, but 5 people (grandparents, parents, one kid), and he told me they spent like $30,000 on that trip. lmfao.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Teach your kids the important lesson about money and just say "we cant afford it" their entire childhood.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

silicone thrills posted:

Teach your kids the important lesson about money and just say "we cant afford it" their entire childhood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

post hole digger posted:

i had a rock climbing partner at one point who did a family trip to that immersive star wars hotel thing at disney world(?) that might be closed now, but 5 people (grandparents, parents, one kid), and he told me they spent like $30,000 on that trip. lmfao.

That's 1.5 roofs