Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Are they trying to threaten the Suicide Caucus with giving them all the credit for destroying an enormously unpopular bill?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

im the multiple sleeping people

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/david_rees/status/845030715406340097

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

It could. I'm no expert, but wasn't OPEC keeping the price low to gently caress with producers of oil that weren't OPEC?

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Typo posted:

cuz the republicans have ran on repeal and replace obamacare for 8 years you have to do something which looks like a repeal

what owns is people equate 'repeal obamacare' with 'affordable health insurance' so they are kind of hosed if they can't actually control premiums quickly.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Epic High Five posted:

Are they trying to threaten the Suicide Caucus with giving them all the credit for destroying an enormously unpopular bill?

to be fair trump could just hold rallies in their districts and threaten to primary them and it might work

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

reince seems to have misplaced his coat

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Coolguye posted:

loving prisoners of war in literal nazi POW camps went over 30 feet underground using improvised tools and scrap wood. lol if you don't think the cartels would have that wall sapped in a month.

"Then one day she meets this John Holmes motherfucker and it's like, whoa baby, I mean this cat is like Charles Bronson in the 'Great Escape', he's digging tunnels. Now, she's gettin' the serious dick action and she's feeling something she ain't felt since forever. Pain. Pain."

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Ron Jeremy posted:

We're done punishing Russia with low oil prices?

thats literally one of putuns major major goals rn

russia is on a road to potential collapse in putins lifetime, before he can fight to win anything major he has to make sure he doesnt lose everything

idk if he ever thinks of it that way, but thats one of the only ways ive ever made sense of how he acts

he has to not lose, first

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Typo posted:

to be fair trump could just hold rallies in their districts and threaten to primary them and it might work

if there was something that could get me to screw over the entire country, the threat of having to be near donald trump might do it

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

orange sky posted:

yes.. YES!

I think that the ONLY loving THING that might turn people against Trump is gas prices rising

I mean I don't know if they will from the Saudi exports alone but please let it be you loving stupid useless God

it will officially be nixon era politics at that point; the 70's genuinely are back! :pusheen:

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

what does this mean?
higher oil prices?

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

all the credit for enraging piss baby president too who really badly needs the illusion of progress for his shambolic poo poo-ministration

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Grondoth posted:

It could. I'm no expert, but wasn't OPEC keeping the price low to gently caress with producers of oil that weren't OPEC?
Specifically: They wanted to crash us tar sands extraction, which they did

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Hi I'm the Healthcare Bill that removes coverage for both inpatient and outpatient care

Why is no one voting for me?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

tgey can get blamed for making it unpopular

anything you dont like, its imported from the tortilla coast

sotto voce, or you just dont understand it entirely

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Ron Jeremy posted:

We're done punishing Russia with low oil prices?

Prices are trapped so long as USA has excess shale production, any price increase triggers a flood of wells to be activated if not new ones drilled. Oil is trapped under 60 and there's nothing the cartel can do about it.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Grondoth posted:

also because obama administration was doing pretty much all it could to help SA in the syria and yemen proxi wars with iran that trump has abandoned

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Squizzle posted:

russia is on a road to potential collapse in putins lifetime, before he can fight to win anything major he has to make sure he doesnt lose everything

idk if he ever thinks of it that way, but thats one of the only ways ive ever made sense of how he acts

the reason he's loving around in foreign elections so much is this

of course he could also get the sanctions lifted by not being a tyrant douchebag, but y'know

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

and i must meme posted:

what does this mean?
higher oil prices?

You betcha

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Squizzle posted:

maybe if he wasn't brazenly running a kleptocratic police state then... bwahahahahaha!

yeah no, he's just gonna keep floating russian puppets in other more powerful countries to kick the inevitable down the road

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

and i must meme posted:

what does this mean?
higher oil prices?

big league :smugdon:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I'm very sorry about your cancer, here is a box of off-brand Debra the Explorer bandaids that will be $20,000 thank you please pay at reception or pile the cash into this box I have here

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

mannerup posted:

reince seems to have misplaced his coat

trump needed it to pee on

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

holy lol

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is ahca yet?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJTonrzXTJs

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lil homie gay rear end - krazy kongress kuarterback

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

if I pee on some dollar store scotch tape does that make the pee tape real?

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

angerbeet posted:

I'm very sorry about your cancer, here is a box of off-brand Debra the Explorer bandaids that will be $20,000 thank you please pay at reception or pile the cash into this box I have here

and Mike Pence says he will pray for you

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lol vote delayed

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Squizzle posted:

im visiting the prez baloogan timeline

any cool shadows i should look for flashed on the walls???

see if you can find a shadow in the shape of two people in a 69

"nice ," i whisper solemnly, feet disturbing the ash, creating clouds of carbon that were once people

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://twitter.com/ThatShockratees/status/838979760386633728

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Nichael posted:

if I pee on some dollar store scotch tape does that make the pee tape real?

Only if you truly love it

It's like the velveteen rabbit

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Grondoth posted:

On you mean Russia? Yeah that was a side effect but their big thing was to make oil more competitive with incredibly cheap fracking gas so that people didn't switch from using oil for things to using gas for stuff (like heating or power plants I guess) - the language used was "market share" but I don't think the Russia effect was unforseen so much as it had no fucks given about it.

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Solarin posted:

and Mike Pence says he will pray for you

Thoughts and prayers are no longer covered by the AHCA.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/844970770719817729

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/dansinker/status/845017799319793664

• Locked thread