Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
Bluegeek has been put on probation while they look into his moderation record

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=24118321&postcount=507

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Aw son!

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

hakimashou posted:

So, what's say dental, or maybe NoP since pubbies like NoP, start a foundry contest for "T for Teen" rated heartwarming gay love stories. I'm in for 150m EC prize money.

Sounds like a great mission. I'll match the 150m EC

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Oh man, for 300m and a lockbox ship I'll learn to use the foundry.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

the thought of a sheshar makes that hella tempting but gently caress if i know a goddamn thing about the foundry.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Can it be the love story between Tovan and Mrs. Tovan?

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
I'll try to throw my hat into the running. I've been so loving bored over the past few days that I managed to gently caress up a tire on my car just to give me something to do (wait at the dealership for an hour to get it fixed)

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
"Its OK to be Gay" as a title for the contest?

Should fit trendy's #gaymetrics thing in there.

promo ship for the grand prize, 150m prizes for two honorable metions?

Should we wait until the outcome of bluegeek's suspension/investigation?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Full speed ahead, I'd say.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Just got permabanned from the forums for agreeing with Trendy's decision to probate Bluegeek. So perhaps this contest should not be advertised on the forums.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

DonDoodles posted:

Just got permabanned from the forums for agreeing with Trendy's decision to probate Bluegeek. So perhaps this contest should not be advertised on the forums.

drat

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

Stand it like a man... and give some back

DonDoodles posted:

How dare you agree with the chief community service person. Are you loving crazy?

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Acer Pilot posted:

Can it be the love story between Tovan and Mrs. Tovan?

It should be the story of Tovan Khev's sordid love affair with <chief of engineering>, <chief science officer>, and <chief medical officer>. Pubbies will lose their poo poo, regardless of the gender of their boffs.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Fifty Shades of Blue, coming to a holo deck near you

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Akira Sulu needs a husband

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

Stand it like a man... and give some back
Tovan has unresolved feelings about his stepbrother.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

DonDoodles posted:

For every goon that has been banned from the forums, at least 10 pubbies have gone down with them. Your sacrifice was not in vain.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Someone with a bajoran avatar is upset about trendy's gay jesus twitter

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1471971

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

hakimashou posted:

These posts are solid gold. They also do a solid in Cryptic's shoes.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

DonDoodles posted:

So don't link it to the Bluegeek controversy, would Cryptic shut down a contest simply celebrating LGBT diversity?

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

MikeJF posted:

So don't link it to the Bluegeek controversy, would Cryptic shut down a contest simply celebrating LGBT diversity?

If we announced it now? Probably. I think they'd see through it. In a couple of weeks after three of four other outrages have softened the memory of Bluegeek? Maybe not. If you really want to stack the deck against Cryptic taking action, get an LGBT fleet or two to endorse it. Getting it mentioned by outside sources might also tie Cryptic's hands a bit.

And seeing as we're speaking about the contest... I had assumed that a goon would be writing the episode and claiming the prizes. It didn't occur to me that it would be opened up to all of STO. Not that I have a problem with that, I'll still toss the 150m ec in the kitty.

LordCo fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jun 2, 2015

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Time to start bandying the contest idea about in NoPPS then.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I can finally put all this Kobali gaybar fanfic to good use! The bartender and main character is called Marquisnoir Jr, original character, do not steal.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
You know, there is a strange race called the Duggar, that has yet to be actually contacted by intelligent life, prime directive and that, however, I recall some of the people higher up in sf freaking out at some of their cultural practices, perhaps this can be the ground for an interesting trekkie-duggar chomo beatdown?

edit : Jim Bob.

staberind fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Jun 2, 2015

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Welp, Fifty Shades of Blue is now in the publishing queue. It turns out Foundry is pretty bloody easy to learn.

It's a short mission in which you travel to Andoria to unravel a small dispute with some big social implications. Also you blow up a spaceship.

How long do these things usually take to publish?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Also it appears this year's Risa pet is eevees.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

MikeJF posted:

Also it appears this year's Risa pet is eevees.

Those are the eyes of a creature that evolved on a planet full of furry erpists. They've seen and survived so much...

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
They won't survive the marks blender though.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The cuter animals blend better.

Wrrrrrr.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
Looks like IQ Fleet has figured out how to view things other than just images and models in the game files. They have power stats and console info now

Will cryptic ever force them to shut down?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

What can they do about it? It's not like it's illegal to look through data files and they've already made it an infraction to talk about on the forums.

IQ's idiots for sharing it though. All that does it actually make Cryptic try to hide stuff better. Or well, it would if Cryptic were competent anyway. :effort:

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
b'rel ship is best ship

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

hakimashou posted:

Fourxgamer is a gigantic sperg who has posted numerous anti-dental poo poo in the past. I have to assume he'll get banned for this, along with Seaofsorrows (another "anti-dental") and probably forum favorite Virusdancer, who made a similarly vitriolic post calling for Trendy's head over Bluegeek's probation. This whole Bluegeek thing is doing wonders for the forums by removing many of the worst spergs.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

DonDoodles posted:

Fourxgamer is a gigantic sperg who has posted numerous anti-dental poo poo in the past. I have to assume he'll get banned for this, along with Seaofsorrows (another "anti-dental") and probably forum favorite Virusdancer, who made a similarly vitriolic post calling for Trendy's head over Bluegeek's probation. This whole Bluegeek thing is doing wonders for the forums by removing many of the worst spergs.

ya, and trendy seems pretty legit pissed over the whole thing, and it dragging on

hopefully in a while, after it all blows over, she'll let ya back on

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

They haven't let one of my mains back since I said "I heard butts is coming back! I did!"

I just realized it was bluegeek who did that.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

it'd be interesting if takei himself ended up weighing in on this.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Xean weighed in and was quick to compare this to the persecution he believes he suffered.

xtern1ty;24124741 posted:

[COLOR="LemonChiffon"]So this is what they meant when they said something would happen if a certain mod's head didn't roll come Monday... trolls and flamers are as vile a menace as can be and this incident only underscores why I encourage measures for their reduction. Now let's get to the facts:[/COLOR]

[COLOR="LemonChiffon"]- I did a full search and Morrigan is her work account.

- Knowing the atmosphere of the forums lately and comparing it to the date on her post, the photo's a deliberate humorous jab at the House Pegh issue and the LBGT issue it stirred.

- If you believe mods including Trendy have not judged based on ToS, provide proof, else your presumptions are invalid. [/COLOR]

[COLOR="LemonChiffon"]- Not everyone is always 100% responsible with powers given them. In the cutthroat nature of this world, there is no shortage of people waiting for the slightest hint of an opportunity to bring someone down. That's part of the dark world of trolling.

Resignation? If you think that's a joke, wait till you know how much effort trolls put into their not-so-funny schemes. Where have I seen this tactic before? Last time they tried these tricks now being used on Trendy was last year and I was their target.

Remember the months of verbal warfare on Zone that caused? They tried public shaming me, death threats, harassing me in gangs every time I got on, making multiple fakes of me and our fleet, attacking a female friend of mine with reference to rapine in order to get to me on youtube, infiltrating and taking away my fleet and channel + virtually every dirty cheating trick you can think of. Unlike Trendy, I fought with no powers and outnumbered often alone, yet I used my wits, documented their methods, experimented with them, figured their strengths and weaknesses. By the time it was over they had not only shown their true colors for all to see, but garnered multiple forum moderations, got kicked en masse, thoroughly failed forcing me to quit and lost over $500 worth of dil for good measure in my fleet. But if they want someone to blame, they need look no farther than themselves. Their actions wrote their story, I just did a little acting, sat back and let it happen. For those of you who don't get it, that's what Trendy's doing here. Notice not her nor any mods have even edited a single post.

She's not just being smart by showing restraint, she's letting trolls and this issue burn itself out by deliberately stoking the fire from the sidelines so to speak with the pic until the subject is consumed. When it's done, thread will close, become history.

If she's lucky, she might even catch a troll or two. The worms are wiggling on the hook, anyone feel like a fish yet?[/COLOR]

[COLOR="LemonChiffon"]- [COLOR="Yellow"]Whether people are offended or not depends on how emotionally involved they are with their beliefs. [/COLOR]If we are talking about being insensitive yes, Trendy for prodding the issue further with that pic, you for bringing it up for whatever excuse you prefer using, and numerous players on this thread with their snotty responses have not been wise in that regard. And if we're talking about being unwise, you can include me in there for wasting my time here where I gain no benefit explaining the birds and bees our human behavior which for all our progress, we struggle to accept. And that applies to you same as anyone else.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="LemonChiffon"]- Everything is a chain reaction, it is up our own individual understanding to know when to put the brakes. For example, this is where I follow my own advice, turn off the engine and get back to STO.[/COLOR]

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jun 2, 2015

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The only death threat Xean will ever see in his entire shut in life will be his own suicide note.

Fortunately he's too narcissistic to ever blame himself for his own failings so that won't ever happen.

Xean if you're reading this because you love hearing about yourself: you're a dickhead and that's all you'll ever be. Nobody actually cares about you except as someone (something) to laugh at. Not the good kind of laughing either.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I have yet to come across this kid. I hope he doesn't mind me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Xean weighing in is priceless. God this cannot get any better. This is the forums meltdown I have been waiting for going on three years now, and all it took was a vaguely lesbian Klingon couple in a lovely FE to start it all.

On that note, Trendy posted this on twitter, just after closing the latest thread:

https://mobile.twitter.com/LaughingTrendy/status/605747118507048961

Not going to speculate what this means, but judging from her other tweets made in the last 16 hours, she seems so incredibly disgusted with the STO player base (rightfully so) that I'm interested to see if this will lead to a temporary vacation from the forums, something more permanent, a mass banning, or what.

• Locked thread