Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
There was also a time when Butterball was captured by an evil Demon that fed on life force or soul energy or something. Anyway then he found out the guy was immortal, and bascily said "Good that means I can feed off his torment forever."

Also when he flunked out of Super Hero training. (Being impossible to hurt does not mean much when you can't overpower a 12 year old let alone a Super villain.) They realized he would be best suited for search and rescue and exploration of hazardous environments. (As there is no risk in sending him in dangerous places as he can't be harmed by anything.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I mean, you could just do something more mundane but helpful like be an invulnerable firefighter. No need to try and kill baddies

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

MonsterEnvy posted:

There was also a time when Butterball was captured by an evil Demon that fed on life force or soul energy or something. Anyway then he found out the guy was immortal, and bascily said "Good that means I can feed off his torment forever."

Also when he flunked out of Super Hero training. (Being impossible to hurt does not mean much when you can't overpower a 12 year old let alone a Super villain.) They realized he would be best suited for search and rescue and exploration of hazardous environments. (As there is no risk in sending him in dangerous places as he can't be harmed by anything.)

He did get a pretty awesome parting souvenir.

Taskmaster and Constrictor were his trainers and they felt bad for him, so they posed for that right before he left.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

MiniFoo posted:

See post above. Now what would actually be a crappy super power is the inverse of that - completely invulnerable to harm, but as weak or weaker than an average human being.

Zombie man is an s-class hero

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Sorry to post something that may have been answered a billion times, but I just to make sure I avoid spoilers.

First I was going to ask why there aren't any good bundles, but now I'm curious about the redraw. Both the bato.net links are dead, so where do I go to read this stuff? I don't mind shelling out money as long as I get the dope redraw, although a bundled offer is obviously more compelling.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Average people are stronger than they seem, but your nervous system inhibits muscle contraction to stop you tearing your tendons and muscles to pieces.
Imagine how strong you could be if you could train yourself to shut this down.

Now, here's your homework for today...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golgi_tendon_organ

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hysterical_strength

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Yeah Rock Lee is dope OP agreed.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Say Nothing posted:

Average people are stronger than they seem, but your nervous system inhibits muscle contraction to stop you tearing your tendons and muscles to pieces.
Imagine how strong you could be if you could train yourself to shut this down.

Now, here's your homework for today...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golgi_tendon_organ

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hysterical_strength

While this is true it's not like you'd get superhuman strength. You'd only be like 20% stronger.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

EmmyOk posted:

Yeah Rock Lee is dope OP agreed.

I feel Lee would be right at home in OPM.

He'd lose that bowl cut of his but he'd get the ability to finish any fight in one punch, so it's not that bad of a change.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

RatHat posted:

While this is true it's not like you'd get superhuman strength. You'd only be like 20% stronger.

Take meth to increase your strength?
Or would the invulnerability thing mean drugs don't work on you?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Blaze Dragon posted:

He'd lose that bowl cut of his but he'd get the ability to finish any fight in one punch, so it's not that bad of a change.

This is opm, the bowl cut and spandex would give him unimaginable power.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

ufarn posted:

Sorry to post something that may have been answered a billion times, but I just to make sure I avoid spoilers.

First I was going to ask why there aren't any good bundles, but now I'm curious about the redraw. Both the bato.net links are dead, so where do I go to read this stuff? I don't mind shelling out money as long as I get the dope redraw, although a bundled offer is obviously more compelling.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Onepunch-Man

I've heard there are annoying ads on that site but I have a working adblocker so I wouldn't know.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
The batoto links aren't actually dead, the site just locks the chapters for unregistered users after a certain amount of time. If you make an account they should be accessible.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Can Of Worms posted:

The batoto links aren't actually dead, the site just locks the chapters for unregistered users after a certain amount of time. If you make an account they should be accessible.

no, the Murata One Punch Man isnt on batato at all, apparently because of a copyright claim. It does have the original ONE version though.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Is there a way to get batoto to work with the Mangarock app? I have an account, but the thing can't download chapters well at all anymore.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Blaze Dragon posted:

What would his name be though
Bowlcut Ninja?
Spandex Fighter?

My personal favorite:
Springtime Youth?

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

"Stone Kung-Fu" Rock Lee

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
Didn't he call himself the "Azure Beast" or something? Springtime Youth would definitely rank up there for my picks though.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Bisse posted:

"Stone Kung-Fu" Rock Lee

Yeah but

flowing water rock (lee) smashing fist

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Man with Hat posted:

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Onepunch-Man

I've heard there are annoying ads on that site but I have a working adblocker so I wouldn't know.
Hmm, that's a bummer, I'll see if I can make a CBR out of it or something.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Rigged Death Trap posted:

What would his name be though
Bowlcut Ninja?
Spandex Fighter?

My personal favorite:
Springtime Youth?

Dwayne the Rock Lee

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/tonarinoyj/status/901124383011360768

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Genos is so pure

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

EmmyOk posted:

Genos is so pure

He really is. :3:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
One of the things even KING cannot win against: the diving board.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I also like Lily's frilly bathing suit and her big, flowery drink. Murata can draw cute girls, not just sexy ones.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
What the heck? Where are genos, lily, and king in that picture?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Stop staring and actually look. It's bad manners to stare.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

besto

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Lily is indeed

garl

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Chapter 80 out at Mangastream.

Metal Knight has some good ideas. Just nuke them all from orbit. Doesnt make a good story, but ya know.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

How does this series always manage to make me actually laugh :allears:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I didn't know Gohan was part of the Hero Association.

Gohan during Resurrection "F" too, I thought he was too busy being a scholar by that point.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I'm betting Z-City is not their hideout. They're probably located directly under the hero associations head-quarters. Z-City is the perfect cover, but they don;t know the biggest most lives there haha.

Also anyone else notice how Metal Night and Dr. Kuseno have opposite haircuts? They also both remind me of the scientists of Mega Man (Dr Light and Dr Wily) who also have similar haircuts. It's probably just the old grey haired man-scientist trope and I'm thinking too much into it.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Suspicious Lump posted:

Also anyone else notice how Metal Night and Dr. Kuseno have opposite haircuts? They also both remind me of the scientists of Mega Man (Dr Light and Dr Wily) who also have similar haircuts. It's probably just the old grey haired man-scientist trope and I'm thinking too much into it.

Mad Scientists have always had ridiculous haircuts. It's a job requirement.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Shugojin posted:

How does this series always manage to make me actually laugh :allears:

ONE knows comedic timing.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

This guy's hair :eyepop:

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Loving all the nude genos shots in this chapter.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

sharktamer posted:

Loving all the nude genos shots in this chapter.

his popularity continues to rise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
That's not the only thing that's rising :wink: