Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

SKY COQ posted:

Great news, goons. Fifty Shades of Blue is now up in the Foundry for reviewers (I think). Thanks to the two goons who've rated it five stars so far! I actually... Kind of had fun writing it?

It's actually funny too. More goons need to play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

plasmanugget;24141861 posted:

I will probably get flamed for this but beh who cares.

So here it goes:

I will fail on PURPOSE one or all STFs if:

-I say hi or hello folks,how is everyone today? in chat and no one has the decency to respond.

[COLOR="Red"]THAT IS STRIKE 1[/COLOR]

-Ask in chat,:are we doing the optional?, and no one responds.

[COLOR="Red"]THAT IS STRIKE 2[/COLOR]

-I say in chat *what a talkative bunch,thanks for the warm welcome* or something like that...depending on my mood that day you will get a semi sarcastic comment or maybe a full blown sarcasm Pulitzeer award winner phrase that would make Stephen King proud,and in response i get some lip from you or derogative remarks towards my persona.

[COLOR="Red"]THAT IS STRIKE 3[/COLOR]

You are out,i will do EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING in my power to screw up the STF.

Now you can judge me all you want but this is an mmo and if you cant even muster effort to spare 3 seconds to type the word "Hi" or "Hello" you shouldnt really be here in the first place.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

We should find this guy and try to fail every stf with him

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Virusdancer doesn't have a forum sig anymore, and hasn't posted in the past 24 hours. Don't know if it's a temp or perm ban.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

hakimashou posted:

I will fail on PURPOSE one or all STFs if:

-I say hi or hello folks,how is everyone today? in chat and no one has the decency to respond.

So if I called him a oval office that would be ok? I mean I responded right?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

I would hope so, that's practically an Australian "Pulitzeer award winner phrase"

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
Nandi Stats

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9315723-star-trek-online%3A-ferengi-nandi-stats

For those who were not there, or forgot, 'Nandi' was the name of a Ferengi ship in a mission that was cut during the KDF/Fed war mission revamp.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

quote:

Expedited Delivery Set

This set includes the following consoles:

Console - Universal - Metaphasic Solar Capacitor (found on the Ferengi Nandi Warship)
Console - Universal - Battle Module 3000 (found on the Ferengi D’Kora Marauder)

Set Bonuses:

Expedited Delivery (2pc)
+Turn Rate
+Torpedo Damage
+Kinetic Damage Resistance Rating

Huh. I wonder if the Nandi has a fancy battle mode animation like the D'Kora.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

hakimashou posted:

Virusdancer doesn't have a forum sig anymore, and hasn't posted in the past 24 hours. Don't know if it's a temp or perm ban.

Virusdancer might actually be perma-banned as I was for responding to him. He finally broke down and wrote a long, scathing rant condemning Trendy and calling for her head over the Bluegeek suspension. Virus usually just pops in with one-liners or smart remarks, but he went full sperg in this post. I wish I had saved it, but Trendy got to it right after I responded with "nice meltdown," which I believe got me my ban.

It was definitely something to witness. Does anyone know of any other casualties from the latest forum eruption? Trendy said something about having to ban people on "both sides" of the debate, but myself and Virus aside, I don't know if any other forum regulars got hit.

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

DonDoodles posted:

Virusdancer might actually be perma-banned as I was for responding to him. He finally broke down and wrote a long, scathing rant condemning Trendy and calling for her head over the Bluegeek suspension. Virus usually just pops in with one-liners or smart remarks, but he went full sperg in this post. I wish I had saved it, but Trendy got to it right after I responded with "nice meltdown," which I believe got me my ban.

It was definitely something to witness. Does anyone know of any other casualties from the latest forum eruption? Trendy said something about having to ban people on "both sides" of the debate, but myself and Virus aside, I don't know if any other forum regulars got hit.

I saw his post. If they gave you a permaban for your comment on it, they must have taken him out behind the woodshed and shot him. His post was that loving nasty.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

DonDoodles posted:

You should talk to the massively people about how you were banned for supporting gay rights. I'm sure it'll make for great clickbait.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

LordCo posted:

I saw his post. If they gave you a permaban for your comment on it, they must have taken him out behind the woodshed and shot him. His post was that loving nasty.

It really was. I was a bit surprised to see a post THAT venomous over something that doesn't affect him in the least. He must really like Bluegeek.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

DonDoodles posted:

It really was. I was a bit surprised to see a post THAT venomous over something that doesn't affect him in the least. He must really like Bluegeek.
To be honest, someone there was probably just looking for a vague excuse to get rid of you with massively disproportionate punishment. Wouldn't be the first time it's happened.

And the bluegeek defense thing is a hilarious mix of "must fellate authority figures" and "gay people are icky" insecure authoritarian twitches.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Asimo posted:

To be honest, someone there was probably just looking for a vague excuse to get rid of you with massively disproportionate punishment. Wouldn't be the first time it's happened.

And the bluegeek defense thing is a hilarious mix of "must fellate authority figures" and "gay people are icky" insecure authoritarian twitches.

If only there were an exciting new mission available now in the Foundry to give these poor people some re-education.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Soviet Commubot posted:

Huh. I wonder if the Nandi has a fancy battle mode animation like the D'Kora.

Someone asked Thomas on twitter, "wait and see ;)"

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Tuskin38 posted:

Someone asked Thomas on twitter, "wait and see ;)"
So, yes then. Interesting.

They also confirmed it gets the D'kora bridge too. Which is less valuable than it used to be, but hey, private Dabo table.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Asimo posted:

Not only that, but when I was logged in the game today, I received in-game mail that my toon (Nbreeki in tholian robes) was flagged as a "bad costume" and soon after all my costumes were set to default.

Also, with definitely check out "Shades of Blue" tonight.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

DonDoodles posted:

Not only that, but when I was logged in the game today, I received in-game mail that my toon (Nbreeki in tholian robes) was flagged as a "bad costume" and soon after all my costumes were set to default.
:laffo:

Yeah, someone at Cryptic was just waiting to pull that trigger. :allears:

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

DonDoodles posted:

I would file a support ticket on that one. That's some bullshit right there and I'd love to see them try to justify it.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

DonDoodles posted:

Oh god drat it. Someone is pissed with you.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

So Cryptic based the Nandi of a Trilobite because the D'kora was bed off a horseshoe crab.

It is totally not based off that ship from Galaxy Quest

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Tuskin38 posted:

So Cryptic based the Nandi of a Trilobite because the D'kora was bed off a horseshoe crab.

It is totally not based off that ship from Galaxy Quest
Nah, I actually believe them on that one. The NSEA Protector kind of vaguely has a similar layout, but it's not really that close and the overall lines to it are pretty different.

Still a fortunate coincidence though, especially once you slap the dyson shield on and strip the USS prefix. :toot:

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

DonDoodles posted:

Welcome to the club, buddy. I hope you've been saving your outfits, like I was.

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

Stand it like a man... and give some back

DancingShade posted:

It's actually funny too. More goons need to play it.

I would, but that would require logging in.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
Just got off work. I have the day off tomorrow so I'm going to play this shades of blue tonight. I'll come back and edit/new post how much the andorian race pisses me off.

Don't know how to start the mission. Wandering around on Andoria and getting furiously angry.

Edit 2: Found out you click Beam down to andoria.

BombermanX fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jun 4, 2015

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

SKY COQ posted:

Great news, goons. Fifty Shades of Blue is now up in the Foundry for reviewers (I think). Thanks to the two goons who've rated it five stars so far! I actually... Kind of had fun writing it?

Hilarious. I think it needs a sequel.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

LordCo posted:

Hilarious. I think it needs a sequel.

Fifty Shades... Bluer.

BombermanX posted:

Just got off work. I have the day off tomorrow so I'm going to play this shades of blue tonight. I'll come back and edit/new post how much the andorian race pisses me off.

Don't know how to start the mission. Wandering around on Andoria and getting furiously angry.

Edit 2: Found out you click Beam down to andoria.

poo poo, sorry. That and the weird spawn point on Andoria are the only two things that really tripped me up.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I found virusdancer's post in the google cache

quote:

I'm going to be a wee bit blunt here.

Is askray going to be subject to the same investigation?
Are you going to be subject to the same investigation?

Is the investigation going to be done by a review committee?

Cause, in further being blunt, I've gotten a few warnings (both official and unofficial) where it's been a case of folks possibly agreeing with my stance on something, but agreeing or not didn't matter because their role was to enforce the forum rules - so agreement or not, if I crossed the line, I got the pesky little PM about it.

I've got to say, that I think this was extremely poorly done. "Oh, I'm sure there's nothing to find, but I'm going to question his integrity all the same...on the forums!"

WTF is that?

How about instead, if it is a case of feeling the need to do an investigation/review of his moderation history that a "cover story" be offered. "Hey guys, just to let you know, bluegeek's decided to take some time off from moderating for a wee while - can understand where somebody might need a break from it. So for the time being, he's not going to be able to moderate anything while he's doing whatever...yadda, yadda, yadda."

Sure, some tinfoil hat aficionados would come up with all sorts of conspiracy theories...but they're a bunch of loons and everybody knows that.

You've forever blemished his integrity. It will always be in question on the forums now. You've called into question every moderation that he's done, and opened yourself to all sorts of folks whining about some past moderation they received - where they will come up with some of the lamest excuses possible for how they were unfairly moderated.

Hell, I went off on bluegeek for one thing - I should have been banned for life for my reply to it - cause it wasn't the intention in the least. I'm used to getting the PMs from mods/etc and offering the mea culpa. He was patient and took the time to point out to me regardless of how I intended it, it looked like what it did. And sure enough, just like seeing a spot on a tie - after he took that time to explain it to me, I couldn't see it any other way regardless of how it initially had been intended.

It's been that way with bluegeek, askray, smirk, branflakes, and yourself...outside of joking about Dental, there's never been the least reason to question the integrity of any of the moderation done by anybody on the forums.

Hell, if I were to question the integrity of the system...it would be in why am I still able to post on the forums. I don't believe I'm special. I don't believe that I'm above the rules. I expect to get slapped on the back of the head for doing stuff. Hell, I've even reported myself on things where I know what I'm doing is wrong, but I'm just too pissed off and pigheaded to edit the post. Sometimes it's even a case of just dropping a line to somebody about something that I'm ticked off about and getting that pre-warning little talk to cool things off before I go completely off the deep end about something. But yeah, my post history - even recently - folks must be looking at that stuff and wondering just how the Hell is he still posting. Perhaps that...perhaps you guys being a little too light on me...perhaps looking at how sometimes I try to diffuse things, how I try to be helpful, that good karma stuff...but I'm not above any rules, I don't want to be above any rules. I'm an insulin dependent diabetic with a whole truckload of health issues, where usually I'm fine, but sometimes things come together and I break out in ******* all over the place. My rear end needs to be moderated just like anybody else in those situations...rules are rules...and there's integrity to the system. And that's not just something on the volunteer mods, that's something that's on you, something that was on Trevor, and something that was on Brandon. That might be something to question.

This though? This is a load of crap. This was handled like a load of crap. If anybody thought that something was going on and they were being unfairly moderated, they could drop a line to another mod - they could drop a line to you...there's all sorts of things that could be done. This though? This is just a huge steaming pile of crap.

Do I agree with what blue said about possibly warning parents, etc? Nah, I disagreed with that when somebody posted something like that earlier in the thread. PEGI gave it a 12+ and ESRB gave it a Teen rating...there's going to be some stuff there, and that is the warning - it's up to the parent, imho, to play through and see if there's something they don't want their kids to play. Do I agree with what he said about possibly not playing the game or letting his kids play because of the inclusion of those characters? I agree with his right not to want to play because of it, even if it is not something that would stop me from playing. Course, I was having a cow in another thread about the change to the palette for the ship customization colors...and...that's something that's part of an ongoing push that would have me not want to play this game. And unlike blue, I've actively argued for the exclusion of a bunch of things to the game. He's not trying to push his feelings out on others...me, yeah, I think all the pet collecting garbage is garbage and a waste, I think all the folks logging in for the 3D chatroom experience need to go outside, I think folks wanting hot pink racing stripes on their Stafleet vessels need to go find Super Generic Space Kite Fighting Online, all the folks that want to turn this MMO into some FPS/TPS game can go find themselves a FPS/TPS and piss off. You get the idea? You see the difference?

And that's why nothing he said in the thread would have led me to question his integrity as a moderator...in the way that you did with that post there. And imho, that's just a load of crap. I'm disappointed. I'm hugely disappointed.

And the kicker? Leaving the thread open...leaving the post in this thread? I think I'm going to report you to askray for trolling, because you baited us with discussing moderation which is against the forum rules. If you want to talk about integrity...

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'm sorry, I read the archeage forum hate threads. That post by Virusdancer is pretty tame.

Trion Worlds fosters a special flavor of hate from its players.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

DancingShade posted:

I'm sorry, I read the archeage forum hate threads. That post by Virusdancer is pretty tame.

Especially those of who remember Rift-launch era Trion! :argh:

But yeah, not as terrible a post as I was expecting.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

Aleth posted:

Especially those of who remember Rift-launch era Trion! :argh:

But yeah, not as terrible a post as I was expecting.

Do you think he was wrongly banned?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

DancingShade posted:

Gimme my loving dolphin

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

DancingShade posted:

Should I ask why?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

BombermanX posted:

Do you think he was wrongly banned?

No, he's a oval office.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

quote:

Hell, if I were to question the integrity of the system...it would be in why am I still able to post on the forums.

This was my favorite line in the whole thing.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Soooo, what is bluegeek's character account? Not the official mod account we know, but his normal player account. I'm curious to know if (s)he posted into that thread after it started to erupt and got banned as well by trendy.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

There is no separate mod account, that's his account.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

JuffoWup posted:

Soooo, what is bluegeek's character account? Not the official mod account we know, but his normal player account. I'm curious to know if (s)he posted into that thread after it started to erupt and got banned as well by trendy.

Since he is just a volunteer mod, I'm guessing that his personal account/mod account is the same, as it's not like he's an actual employee of Cryptic or PWE. I've checked his twitter to see if he has had anything to say on the matter, and he seems to be keeping a pretty low profile.

https://twitter.com/STOMod_Bluegeek

He has less than 60 follower and no one seems to pay him much attention in general (tweets + replies tab conspicuously absent of replies). Even his tweets to the Devs go unanswered.

Violent Kitten
Dec 26, 2011

Dearmad bhean
an ti ag an gcat.
He removed the bit about being a volunteer mod from his sig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Ultra-rare doff bug :rip:

you will be survived by my hundreds of blue technicians.

quote:

Characters that have unlocked the following Traits will no longer benefit from them unless they are actively slotted:

Orbital Devastation
Situational Awareness
Subspace Manipulator
Tactical Vigilance
Well, that makes my engineers even worse than they were. Thanks, cryptic.

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jun 4, 2015

• Locked thread