Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

No, there cannot be more than this. Any more than this will make me totally numb to any political gaffes in the future. I will never derive any pleasure from politics again, living out the rest of my life as a lifeless husk that only remembers the glory days of "grab them by the pussy".

Please Trump, for all of our sake's, drop out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bassetking
Feb 20, 2008

And it is, it is a glorious thing, to be a Basset King!

Lord Hydronium posted:

The biggest October surprise will be the day when there's no new surprise.

That's in November, though.

happyhippy posted:

Don't worry, Trump's sex tape will soon make that disappear.

I wonder if he has orange pubes.

It's gotta be a weird blonde comb-over.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

cant cook creole bream posted:

That would lose him half his black vote.

The only demographic he didn't really offend yet are old white male uneducated poor evangelic Christians.
So 30% of America.

Half of nothing is still nothing.

At this point he'd have to be talking about abortions being great to lose that base. Or be a double secret Muslim like they think Obama is.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

lol man poor wikileaks

If Wikileaks was good at their job, they would've leaked the Access Hollywood video :smug:

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot
Trump is a secret Muslim born in Kenya.

All he knows how to do is project.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

cant cook creole bream posted:

That would lose him half his black vote.

Why would the other guy still vote for him?

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

WampaLord posted:

:psyduck: HOW CAN IT GET WORSE?

There really must be a n-word tape.

Video of Donald Trump shooting a WHITE WOMAN on 5th avenue, but while shouting the N word for maximum alienation.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

The Shortest Path posted:

Half of nothing is still nothing.

At this point he'd have to be talking about abortions being great to lose that base. Or be a double secret Muslim like they think Obama is.

I don't think Trump forcing one of his wives to have an abortion against her wishes is outside the realm of possibility.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

OctaMurk posted:

Video of Donald Trump shooting a WHITE WOMAN on 5th avenue, but while shouting the N word for maximum alienation.
shouting the n word, but appending it with 'ARE REALLY GREAT'

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

haveblue posted:

Omarosa is contractually obligated to vote for him. Trump really does have the best lawyers.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

HookedOnChthonics posted:

Unless it was a deliberate blunder undertaken as the most expedient way to inject Nancy Reagan's dirty laundry into her own funeral coverage as a must-discuss point, because Hilldawg cares more about destroying the legacy of republicanism than her own ego...

But probably that first thing.

Anyone who thinks it was an honest mistake should see her response:

'Oh I was thinking of alzheimers research my b'

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Oct 8, 2016

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

CascadeBeta posted:

I don't think Trump forcing one of his wives to have an abortion against her wishes is outside the realm of possibility.

Or even trying to, yeah I could see it.

October is going to be incredible.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

CascadeBeta posted:

Maybe Trump performed the abortion himself.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

disjoe posted:

First question on Sunday:

AUDIENCE MEMBER: What do you both plan to do about police violence in this country?

COOP: Secretary Clinton, two minutes.

CLINTON: First of all, DID YA'LL SEE THAT VIDEO OF TRUMP THAT GOT RELEASED A FEW DAYS AGO OH MY GOD. Second, I would like to thank Anderson Cooper for moderating this debate...

I'm pretty sure she would link that to the central park five. "First of all we have to make sure that, despite what Donald may claim, the police are not the ones who judge if someone is guilty. Wrongful accusations happen. but doubling down on them leads to a social divide and hatred.

Bassetking
Feb 20, 2008

And it is, it is a glorious thing, to be a Basset King!

WampaLord posted:

Video of him plowing an underage boy.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/gabrielsherman/status/784764563170422784?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

haveblue posted:

Ask the LA times pollsters

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Devil's advocate here -- is it really consensual when the power dynamics are such that it's the president of the country and a intern?
Nobody thinks that what Clinton did was okay, and everyone here is very aware of questions of consent when it comes to that kind of power dynamic. But something that is worth considering, not as a defense of Clinton but on Lewinski's side: Lewinski has said that she feels it was consensual, and that she made the decision. I think it's important not to take her agency away, power dynamics or not. Lewinski obviously wants to lay claim to some level of responsibility for - and therefore control over - the situation, and she has the right to do so. She doesn't feel like she was helpless or victimized, and I don't think we should push that onto her if she doesn't want it.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

CascadeBeta posted:

Nah, not that. His progeny aborted? Never.

But I'm willing to bet it happened several times by his orders to models in the agency he ran. That'd be a fun zinger to watch him deal with.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

CascadeBeta posted:

Considering the whole Marla Maples/Tiffany thing, I can definitely imagine there's something out there.

I wonder if Tiffany has a pile of tapes from conversations with Donald where he bemoans her existence and badmouths her mom and she's using them to make sure she's still in the will.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Isn't Sessions one of Trump's most beloved companion animals?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

He's not gonna drop out

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/784779455227125760

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Help I've had an erection lasting more than four hours
Me too, and I'm a cis woman!

Since it's getting kind of hard to ignore that Trump is a huge piece of poo poo even for the most idiotic, the Dems really need to start focusing on the downticket and tying everyone who's ever said something less than "that guy is an rear end in a top hat and I hate him" on the R side to this insanity. And go especially hard at anyone who has actually endorsed him.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Bassetking posted:

Video of him plowing an underage boy.

So he really is a Republican?

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

CascadeBeta posted:

This is literally the only thing that could cause him to lose place among the Evangelicals. An idiot friend of mine on Facebook is still defending Trump because "he's the only pro-life candidate and Hillary is evil."

Although they'd still find some way to think it's okay. The only moral abortion is Donald Trump's abortion. :jerkbag:

Seeric
Aug 18, 2011

Bushiz posted:

Trump could recover pretty easily by simply not having a disasterous performance on sunday, because expectations are so impossibly low right now. Like, if he just kept repeating the same three soundbites over and over and didn't dive for the world's most obvious bait the moment it showed up, we'd be back in the horserace by tuesday. But he will have a disasterous performance in the debate. It will be historically bad. Conway and Bannon's best realistic hopes for the debate are that Trump refrains from saying something about how "Women don't like to admit it, but they like being treated that way"

While I think the general expectations for the debate are that Trump will do terribly and Hillary will do about as well as in the first debate, I think the video changes things. The narrative has changed and who 'wins' the debate or if anyone performs worse/better than expected is now only secondary. Now, the spotlight is going to be on the humanization of Trump, on if he can lower even the thinnest of straws of empathy for the shakier parts of his remaining base and Republicans in Congress to grasp at. He already flubbed the official apology (twice) and the timing of everything has made the debate a focal point. To carry the narrative analogy a bit further, this is the point in the story where, for his supporters, their hero has at last truly erred and this debate is the climatic moment where, after much struggling and hardship, the hero redeems himself and comes away as a better, stronger person for the finale.

The bar isn't low at all for Trump because the narrative has shifted from "Who will win the debate?!" to "Can Trump redeem himself?" and this is the breaking point. Somewhat ironically, I think the only possible way for this to go well for Trump is for the topic of the tape or something related to it to come up and for him to give an impassioned, utterly, sincerely human apology as a response because that is what the narrative demands of its protagonist. Instead, I think the topic will either be avoided entirely, thus locking Trump out of a chance for redemption, or, more likely, it will come up and Trump will utterly fail at making any sort of humanizing apology for his third and final strike. I don't see any chance of Trump turning himself into a remotely empathetic figure in this debate so he will instead break away from any sort of heroic narrative and the floodgates will open wide as all but the most horrible, delusional, and uncaring of his supporters at last snap out of their collective trance and run away from him.

I think this really is it at last. This is the point where his supporters have run out of excuses to defend him with so all they have left is to pin their hopes on the debate highlighting the redemption and rise of their hero and instead the illusion will be shattered, and shattered hard, as a monster is unveiled. Anyone left after this point will either be so absorbed in the ridiculous team mentality that they really would vote Republican no matter whose name was on the ballot, so horrible (you might even say 'deplorable') that they absolutely deserve to be dragged down with Trump, or so delusional that they either truly believe every conspiracy theory about Hillary or truly believe that Trump will deliver on his promises regarding whatever single issue they have decided to unyieldingly latch themselves to.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
A video surfaces of the Trump family going out to play the Knockout Game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

we know donny, that's why you have 5 kids

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
So is the new adage going to be Live Boy or Dead Girl or Talking About Grabbing Pussy?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Cut footage from the Zapruder film shows Fred Trump on the grassy knoll.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Carly Fiorina and Kelly Ayotte have both unendorsed Trump in the past 15 minutes.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 207 days!
I'd say the knockout blow would be a video of him saying he could get elected president by just saying racist poo poo so that white trash rubes would line up to vote for him.

I mean, probably slightly paraphrased.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

quote:

The real story is that people have no idea the support. I don’t know how that’s going to boil down but people have no idea the support.
Is he having a stroke? I Actually couldn't notice the difference.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

This throws his minimal debate prep out the window, right? And no way he's getting 8 hours of sleep tonight.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Help I've had an erection lasting more than four hours

have you tried grabbing it

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Ayotte, Fiorina, and Crapo (sen-Idaho) all retract endorsement and won't vote T.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

I hope he stays in till Election Day. The Republican Party needs to take this one square on the chin.

Still wrapping my head around the idea this is probably the 4th worst thing the Dems have on Trump. This is the warm up act. :stare:

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

WampaLord posted:

Oh, probably, but that won't hurt Trump. Pussygate is damning for Trump because it will keep white women from voting Republican.

The worst thing I can think of is a tape coming out where Trump just eviscerates his base as a bunch of country hicks who are a bunch of pussies that cry about losing their jobs because they are worthless, and that he is glad that he replaced all those poor whites with immigrant workers because they are clearly better employees. Something like that.

I would also like to point out that my avatar is consensual dick grabbing.

edrith
Apr 10, 2013
I wonder what Paul Ryan's doing right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Lester Shy posted:

Kelly Ayotte

It's too late for her. This is her role model on display for all to see. :unsmigghh:

• Locked thread