Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

quote:

"It's a people's victory here in South Dallas today," said Yafeuh Balogun

He seems to be posting less, recently. good that he got a hobby imo

vvv: heh

Grand Prize Winner has issued a correction as of 06:28 on Aug 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

quote:

Balogun, who helped organized the counterprotest, added that he wasn't "surprised" the group withdrew when confronted by the emotional crowd.

Good to see hes keeping busy during his ban

Edit: aaaaaaarg ^^^^

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Admiral Ray posted:

like socrates probably legit sucked to talk to because he obviously didn't know how to have a regular conversation without making it about Bigger Things but drat he knew how to turn the screws in a conversation.

I find the Socratic Method actually works really well as a creative tool, coming up with ideas and expanding a setting as you make poo poo up on the fly. Requires a certain amount of imagination and willingness to put thought into things so, for both sides.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Incidentally, Jordan Peterson got his youtube account suspended, so you're gonna hear a lot about him in the near future. If you want to get an idea of what he's about I'd recommend watching the Zero Books videos about him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QFZWXtEwLw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FucMhEKKgc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGld3FbDY6s

https://twitter.com/sovietfuntime2/status/892465047045275653

Also he's Canadian.

I hear he got his account back. My guess is someone flag-spammed his videos triggering an auto ban.

Peterson is by far the tamest of the New Right favourites, so his banning made little sense when Rebel Media is still on the platform.

E: Also thanks for the Zero Books videos. Never seen these before and I now want to pick up Capitalist Realism.

Montasque has issued a correction as of 07:07 on Aug 2, 2017

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
wait a fuckin second, inescapable duck????? loogs is that you

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Al! posted:

wait a fuckin second, inescapable duck????? loogs is that you

I wish

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Inescapable Duck posted:

I find the Socratic Method actually works really well as a creative tool, coming up with ideas and expanding a setting as you make poo poo up on the fly. Requires a certain amount of imagination and willingness to put thought into things so, for both sides.

There's some stuff where it is legit good, but yeah it requires a genuine dialogue which Socrates never engaged in, in the dialogues. Like it helps to confirm we mean the same thing when we're talking about poverty, but it's loving bullshit to say "but how can I talk to you about bees, until you've defined what makes bee-ness? I might be talking about what you call ants!" Socrates was a sophist. Just the only one that had enough of a fan club among Christians that they preserved Plato's work, instead of destroying and suppressing it like they did everything else when they came to power.

Coolness Averted has issued a correction as of 07:41 on Aug 2, 2017

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Coolness Averted posted:

but it's loving bullshit to say "but how can I talk to you about bees, until you've defined what makes bee-ness? I might be talking about what you call ants!"

American political discourse, c. 2017.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

McGlockenshire posted:

Speaking of youtube outrage, they've just announced some new tools to fight content they've identified as expressing radical views and hate speech.

I wonder how long it will take for the chuds to break it. The ADL is involved, so they're pissed off.

Someone with enough money to hire a proper lawyer (thiel-shkreli-notch-palmer cucky) would try to ram it in courts on 1A grounds
and then be hosed because at the end of the day courts like corporations more

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Cool, the country needs more black people that are unafraid to stand up for thei- waitaminute

quote:

"It's a people's victory here in South Dallas today," said Yafeuh Balogun of the Huey P. Newton Gun Club, named for the founder of the original Black Panther Party.

PECKERWOODS

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

McGlockenshire posted:

Speaking of the comments,

It should also be mentioned that the top comment is from a guy wearing a fedora in his av :discourse: (and he's not the only one)

The thing with various alternative alt-right youtube/twitter/whatever is that yeah, they're probably racist cesspits and plenty of people there will be happy being nazis with other nazis, but for a lot of these people it's all about the trolling and outrage, so there's no point being on platform where you're not trolling the normies. I mean no one gives a gently caress what prison planet posts on gab.io or nazitube or whatever.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Gravy Jones posted:

It should also be mentioned that the top comment is from a guy wearing a fedora in his av :discourse: (and he's not the only one)

The thing with various alternative alt-right youtube/twitter/whatever is that yeah, they're probably racist cesspits and plenty of people there will be happy being nazis with other nazis, but for a lot of these people it's all about the trolling and outrage, so there's no point being on platform where you're not trolling the normies. I mean no one gives a gently caress what prison planet posts on gab.io or nazitube or whatever.

This. The whole point of the alt-right is that they really really want attention, and they want it without the normies stealing their shtick, and the only way to do that is to become Nazis because they have no other talents.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The only Greek philosopher worth venerating today was Diogenes.

the original poo poo poster

quote:

When Plato gave Socrates's definition of man as "featherless bipeds" and was much praised for the definition, Diogenes plucked a chicken and brought it into Plato's Academy, saying, "Behold! I've brought you a man." After this incident, "with broad flat nails" was added to Plato's definition.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Grand Prize Winner posted:

"It's a people's victory here in South Dallas today," said Yafeuh Balogun

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Fact: Balogun literally means "Warlord" in the Yoruba language, spoken mainly in Nigeria.

Fits.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
huh and here i was thinking it means "sewer worker who has passionate feels about anime" guess you learn new things erryday

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/PolishNobleman/status/892589177719726080

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/BlessedMayMays/status/892634811873058817

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

needs obligatory nuremberg edit

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Leaving the moral arguments aside for a sec, seems kinda like a bad idea to build an online identity around neo-Nazism. They feel empowered now but that's not going to last. Trump isn't going to be in power forever haha... ahh... well I think it's a bad idea.

Kinda being Captain Obvious here piloting the USS No poo poo You Dumb Idiot

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Race Realists posted:

What exactly IS IT that makes "Good at Video Games" correlate to "Horrifyingly stupid opinions on women and minorities"?

Well let's not get ahead of ourselves.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Also statistically probable there are more than one of these Pepes on a fuze that will ignite inside a gay bar, black church, Jewish congregation; there have already been some sporadic attacks and at least one potentially foiled terror plot that fell apart after a cell member switched to Islamic extremism and murdered the others.

I'm pretty much with Prester Jane on this. Given that a lot of terrorists go through planning stages lasting many months or even several years, and most of these newfound gamer Nazis settled on this pretty recently (the last year or so), it'll start catching up when the Travis Bickles and Tyler Durdens among them start popping off. Some of the more forward-thinking types talk about getting prepared for the expectation that there's a backlash coming.

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

you don't need to go to twitter to find that stuff rumsod- all those people are playing your games.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Some posts about Identity Europa from neo-Nazi internet from last year

quote:

IE Application Form Asks for Name, Age, Location & Tattoo Descriptions via SquareSpace Web Form

The form asks for:

• name (you can use a pseudonym but this is the least important)
• state
• if you've committed a felony
• "Affiliations With Other Eurocentric Organizations"
"Any Visible Tattoos? What Are They & Where Are They Located?"

Even if Identity Europa is trustworthy and this isn't a alphabet agency info collection scheme, it's incredibly stupid. It exposes the applicants identifying info to third parties & it's an insecure plaintext web form (not even https) vulnerable to man-in-the-middle attacks.

It's powered by SquareSpace so this plaintext data is on their servers somewhere — will they cooperate with alphabet agencies to hand over this database of right wing political dissidents? Surely.

Even if you can trust Identity Europa and it's leadership 100% — you can't trust that no one is "wiretapping" this form and stealing this info, or that it's going to be private and secure on SquareSpace servers.

quote:

Also, Nathan Damigo went to jail for being a dumbass and pulling a gun on a taxi driver. Then he mysteriously got out with no explanation. Now he's running a white nationalist data mining operation. Also, his friend "Ken" or "Jack Hanson" or whatever, the other guy, was rumored to be a fed and there was all kinds of suspicious stuff.

So that "if the leadership is trustworthy" is a pretty big "if" at this point.

I'm not going to touch it until there are a lot of anons I know in person who will talk about it without needing a retina scan, anal probe, and social security number.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Also statistically probable there are more than one of these Pepes on a fuze that will ignite inside a gay bar, black church, Jewish congregation; there have already been some sporadic attacks and at least one potentially foiled terror plot that fell apart after a cell member switched to Islamic extremism and murdered the others.

I'm pretty much with Prester Jane on this. Given that a lot of terrorists go through planning stages lasting many months or even several years, and most of these newfound gamer Nazis settled on this pretty recently (the last year or so), it'll start catching up when the Travis Bickles and Tyler Durdens among them start popping off. Some of the more forward-thinking types talk about getting prepared for the expectation that there's a backlash coming.

prester jane was also predicting that there would be attacks on civilians for months or years from right wing extremists in the woods after that mulhair reservation thing so lets take her alarmist predictions about the rise of right wing superpreditors with a grain of salt

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Some posts about Identity Europa from neo-Nazi internet from last year

A fun little side effect of right-wing anti-authoritarianism is that they can't grasp the idea that the intellegence community is on their side.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

im glad to hear neo-nazism is powered by squarespace

coathat
May 21, 2007

All right wing groups are roughly 50 to 60 percent FBI informants

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 22 days!)

MizPiz posted:

A fun little side effect of right-wing anti-authoritarianism is that they can't grasp the idea that the intellegence community is on their side.

Identity Evropa isn't anti-authoritarian. It isn't so much that American alphabet agencies are on their side, as that they're directed to ignore them. The one group that consistently gets ignored by American intelligence agencies going all the way back to the 60s are right wing libertarians, though.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

prester jane was also predicting that there would be attacks on civilians for months or years from right wing extremists in the woods after that mulhair reservation thing so lets take her alarmist predictions about the rise of right wing superpreditors with a grain of salt
Yeah that is alarmist. But I'm thinking there will be sporadic, pathetic little murder sprees that end quickly. Most won't do anything but I'm thinking of the Quebec mosque shooter and others like him. It's not ancient history that happened in January. I think it's probably the case there's a handful of similar young men thinking about doing similar things.

I think she misunderstands the militias. They tend to be older, defensively-oriented and actually going out and occupying the reservation thing was atypical.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Identity Evropa isn't anti-authoritarian. It isn't so much that American alphabet agencies are on their side, as that they're directed to ignore them. The one group that consistently gets ignored by American intelligence agencies going all the way back to the 60s are right wing libertarians, though.
Even in the 90s after the OK City bombing? While I'm sure they could do more, I think leftists underestimate how much the intelligence/law enforcement monitor these groups. All I have are anecdotes though. In the (southern, conservative-as-all-getout) city where I grew up, there was a racist skinhead problem and the police pretty heavily monitored their movements and locations. Source: friend's dad was a local police detective.

Awhile ago I went to a talk put on by a neo-Nazi organizer who was high profile enough to have write-ups in the SPLC. One guy in the room was obviously a fed there to keep tabs. Talked to the Nazi dude afterwards and he was like, 'oh yeah I expected that, and you should see my phonebook-thick FBI file which I FOIA'd.'

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 22 days!)

Even in the 90s after the OK City bombing? While I'm sure they could do more, I think leftists underestimate how much the intelligence/law enforcement monitor these groups. All I have are anecdotes though. In the (southern, conservative-as-all-getout) city where I grew up, there was a racist skinhead problem and the police pretty heavily monitored their movements and locations. Source: friend's dad was a local police detective.

Awhile ago I went to a talk put on by a neo-Nazi organizer who was high profile enough to have write-ups in the SPLC. One guy in the room was obviously a fed there to keep tabs. Talked to the Nazi dude afterwards and he was like, 'oh yeah I expected that, and you should see my phonebook-thick FBI file which I FOIA'd.'

Remember when Obama was bullied by Fox News into reducing the FBI's right wing terror team to a skeleton crew?
https://electronicintifada.net/blogs/rania-khalek/expert-obama-ignored-surge-rightwing-extremism-inspired-charleston-killer

Anyway, Trump is focusing all counter-terror work exclusively on Islamic groups.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

and the truth is with the exception of ice, loke every other agency and bureau theyre starved for money and people too (and ice got a big infusion of cash to staff up but id bet theyre gonna have to cut a lot of people loose within a year or two)

the dream of big data was that if they were already monitoring everybodys activities, they would need to hire and train fewer agents. beyond the lust for power its just more drove to automation and cutting workers

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Remember when Obama was bullied by Fox News into reducing the FBI's right wing terror team to a skeleton crew?
https://electronicintifada.net/blogs/rania-khalek/expert-obama-ignored-surge-rightwing-extremism-inspired-charleston-killer

Anyway, Trump is focusing all counter-terror work exclusively on Islamic groups.
Well, no, read the article -- Obama was bullied into reducing the DHS side of things, which is separate from the FBI. And Trump is not focusing all counter-terror work on Islamic terrorists, he redirected $400k from a group focusing specifically on right-wing deradicalization into counter-Islamic terror stuff. While both of those things are bad, federal law enforcement still investigates this stuff and people go to jail for extremist right-wing activities. (Not enough, in my view.)

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Even in the 90s after the OK City bombing?

Is this a joke? OK City was the end result of them actually trying to go after the militia movement. McVeigh was directly radicalized by Ruby Ridge and Waco, and his attack showed the feds that going after the militias could mean them facing real danger. OK City is what shifted them back into full passivity re: right-wing extremism.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

zeal posted:

Is this a joke? OK City was the end result of them actually trying to go after the militia movement. McVeigh was directly radicalized by Ruby Ridge and Waco, and his attack showed the feds that going after the militias could mean them facing real danger. OK City is what shifted them back into full passivity re: right-wing extremism.
There wasn't law enforcement pressure on the militia groups after OK City?

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

There wasn't law enforcement pressure on the militia groups after OK City?

Janet Reno couldn't go on living after seeing Obama's kid gloves with Bundy

In the 90s they would have burned the refuge hut to the ground, shot all the bodies, and claimed they did it themselves.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
So on the subject of right-wing paranoia, the Daily Stormer crew is suspicious of Based Stickman and Lauren Southern.

Stickman because of this article detailing his lengthy criminal record: http://thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/meet-the-based-stickman-173908

quote:

Chapman’s most recent felony conviction came as a result of an undercover operation launched by Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives agents and the San Diego Police Department’s street gang unit.

With the help of a confidential informant, investigators determined that an owner of a San Diego tattoo shop was illegally selling guns from the business. Agents suspected that some of the weapons ended up in the hands of local Hispanic street gang members.

On two occasions, Chapman provided the tattoo shop owner with weapons--a shotgun and an assault rifle--that were then immediately resold to the informant. One evening, as Chapman drove from his home to the tattoo shop to deliver the assault rifle, a San Diego Police Department surveillance helicopter followed Chapman's Lexus on the six-mile trip.

Chapman was named in a July 2008 indictment charging him with two counts of being a felon in possession of a firearm. Chapman was arrested at his San Diego home, which was simultaneously searched by cops and ATF agents. According to a search warrant inventory, investigators seized body armor, a Ruger pistol, two throwing knives, a bag of "suspected marijuana," metal knuckles, two glass pipes, assorted ammo and shotgun shells, clips, and magazines.

[...]

After five years behind bars, Chapman was released from Bureau of Prisons custody in January 2014, at which time his probation sentence began. The terms of his supervised release included periodic drug testing and substance abuse treatment. He was also barred from consuming alcohol, attending gun shows, and possessing body armor, firearms, and ammunition. Chapman was also directed to participate in a mental health treatment program as directed by his probation officer.

Chapman’s federal supervision ended less than two months before the shield-carrying “Alt-Knight” made his March debut on the Berkeley streets. Court records contain no indication that Chapman’s federal probation was violated at any time.

Chapman was arrested on multiple felony counts for his alleged activities during the March 4 protest (which he proudly calls the “Battle of Berkeley”). Prosecutors with the Alameda County District Attorney's office are still reviewing police reports and videos in advance of making a final charging decision when it comes to Chapman and his fellow arrestees.
What's also interesting is that the assault rifle he sold was a Yugoslavian SKS for $1,000, which is way overpriced. Well that's strange. Anyways, what's worth noting about this multi-convicted felon's most recent arrest on multiple felony counts is that he formed the Fraternal Order of Alt-Knights afterwards in April 2017 which comes with strict vetting procedures:

Second is Lauren Southern from this quite crazy Daily Stormer post from March 2017 shortly after she quit Ezra Levant's Rebel Media: https://www.dailystormer.com/after-quitting-jewish-rebel-media-lauren-southern-gets-white-house-press-pass/

quote:

You want to kick that strangeness up a notch and go into TINFOIL COUNTRY, bro?

I don’t care if you want that or not: we’re doing it.

So, I’ve said that I watched Tim Pool’s channel for a long time before he got famous going to Sweden. And you can say he’s a gook or a liberal or whatever – whatever. I think his channel is interesting.

Lauren Southern popped up there a couple weeks ago. Tim Pool went to Canada, and they went out drinking together. After however many drinks, Lauren said she had never told anyone in the media this, but she was studying to work for Canadian military intelligence when the Jew Ezra Levant approached her for a job.

The weirdest part?

That video has been deleted from the Tim Pool channel. I didn’t even save it, but someone in the comments and elsewhere can confirm I am not making this up. The wacky bitch has a bunch of chinchillas in her house.

Presumably, the drunken reveal of her military intelligence background is why the video was deleted. Why else would it be?

If you Google “lauren southern military intelligence,” the only thing you get is an article on VICE, from six days ago, where she apparently told the same story:

She was in the process of applying to become a military intelligence officer when she attended a conference in Toronto, organized by Levant, who noticed her challenging his slate of speakers with tough questions on pipelines and ethical oil. A few months later, as the Rebel rose from the ashes of Sun News Network, Levant remembered Southern and reached out, she said. Levant did not respond to a request for comment for this story.

I guess if she’s telling them, it’s not a secret.

But: hmmmm.
So I don't believe her drunk bullshitting. But if she's a Canadian spy then that would just be hilarious.

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 15:45 on Aug 2, 2017

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
lol surrey girl ain't no government spy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

lancemantis posted:

lol surrey girl ain't no government spy