Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Max posted:

Mark just won an extra week as a have not.

Zuh?

Also, what's up with this key business?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

This is actually turning into a thing now. He grabbed Elena and pulled her into the have not room to check the lock without telling anyone else. It was enough of a thing that everyone was talking about it hours later once they heard about it.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
But WHAT IS IT?!?!?!

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Propaganda Machine posted:

But WHAT IS IT?!?!?!

There are two boxes. First person who asks for the key, gets to pick one. One gets you out of Have Not, the other doubles your stay to two weeks.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

ToastyPotato posted:

There are two boxes. First person who asks for the key, gets to pick one. One gets you out of Have Not, the other doubles your stay to two weeks.

oh loving :cripes:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Max posted:

This is actually turning into a thing now. He grabbed Elena and pulled her into the have not room to check the lock without telling anyone else. It was enough of a thing that everyone was talking about it hours later once they heard about it.

Mark is such an idiot.

Everyone else who has pulled the key has gathered the whole house and made a big bonding thing of it. Jason and Josh both opened the wrong box and let everyone get their laughs in. It's good social play. So naturally Mark does it on his own and continues to not only be antisocial as hell but basically sends the message that he's too much of an rear end to take the laughing like those others guys did.

Which everyone knew he was already, but Mark just continues to bury himself.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Catching up on what I missed last night.

Jess was getting antsy about leaving Ramses on the block and wanted to put Alex up so at least she's sure whoever goes home is someone she hates. Cody tried to convince her otherwise, possibly partly to protect Alex but mostly because he doesn't trust Ramses either and won't get on board with Jess' argument that they have to work with people and build trust. He did point out that if Jess puts Alex up she'll never know if she really did rebuild trust anywhere and can't play the middle like she wants. Jess eventually sought reassurance from Raven and Elena. Raven wasn't convincing but Elena made her feel better. Which isn't surprising since Elena is in the dark and has a big ego about her game so she'd never consider that everyone is blindsiding her. So for now it looks like the blindside stays intact, but Jess's better instincts are threatening that.

Josh also did a good job playing up how much he was going home to Ramses which should have helped make Ramses safer and in theory Jess too. He's a good liar.

And apparently Kevin may have told Ramses to go to Jess about using POV so he continues to play a weirdly chaotic snake game. Kevin seems to think Matt, Raven, Elena, or Mark could go up as the replacement and they could get out a cool kid. Kevin's got a bad read on things. But he's also just antsy to do something and is getting really frustrated being told what to do by kids half his age (who in this case know better than him).

Cody kept charming the world by calling Amy Schumer a "fat liberal pig" when Jess asked if he'd seen Trainwreck.

Everyone knows Mark just lied about the Have Not Key so he wouldn't have to deal with the ribbing Josh and Jason got. They all agree he's a "pussy." There's a lot of talk now of Mark going before Cody and Jess. He's gone all the way back to Week 1 mode where he doesn't talk to most of the house and bullies and condescends to people. And no one's getting over the hot sauce to the eyes thing. But really its mostly about how he spent 2 weeks trash talking Cody and then he crawled right back up his rear end.

Ramses and Christmas went at it a little over Ramses cutting her in the laundry line. It wasn't a big thing but it got heated for a minute. Partly Christmas was "busting his balls" and people don't really recognize when Christmas is kidding or not, but also Christmas was clearly annoyed and is a little moody with the drugs. Kevin misheard Christmas calling Ramses a "cutter" as her calling him a "oval office", and then accidently (?) called her "oval office, uhh, Carolina". Matt and Raven seemed to think Kevin initiated the whole thing, which sounds plausible because Kevin likes to set up people for stuff like that, especially Ramses.

I caught a random conversation where Jess told Cody that she had a weird conversation with Paul last week where she said she thought he'd go home to see his parents and Paul said he thought Cody didn't talk to his family. Cody reveals that he lied and initially intended to tell everyone his parents were dead. Jess, "WHY?!" Cody had some random unclear explanation about people not using his parents to manipulate him? It was crazy but I found it funny.

Elena: What was your greatest fear coming into this house?
Mark: No one liking me. Getting evicted week 1.
Elena: Well, you managed to avoid one of those things.

Matt put hot dogs into Raven's slippers when she was in the shower. In response Raven apparently headbutted him (it was off camera).

Matt: I'm pretty sure she's going to kill someone some day.
Ramses: She's going to "Gone Girl" someone.

Josh continues to go insane alone.

So for now things are holding. Jess seemed to go to bed content with keeping Ramses up thanks to Elena. That could change but everyone tends to sleep late and POV Ceremony happens relatively early so things don't usually happen in the morning with this crew. We'll see.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Cody is going to end up a spree shooter. It's unbelievable how different Jess is when he's in the house. Way to undo everything you did after he left, Mrs. Meatball.

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
Yea. I was a fan of cody coming back for whatever reason. Mainly because his sociopathic comments are entertaining for some reason but also because I HOPED they would play a better game and break up the standard week to week safe plays. And they could have. Jess had a chance but they hosed it up.

And also I was rooting for Jess because like you said I genuinely think Jess is one of the girls in the house I like. Not necessarily in a "I want to be Friends with this girl" because she has said some pretty dumb/mean poo poo behind people's back but when Cody was gone I feel she was being fairly genuine wth people. Also, when people aren't playing game and just hanging I think Jess is fun. Moreso then all the other girls. But I've learned and believe that Cody just brings out the worst qualities Jess has. Kind of sad to see somebody who I think deep down could be a good person but gets caught up in piece of poo poo Codys worldviews. She has had moments where you can tell she is like what the gently caress but still somehow is "in love" with this guy. Maybe she is a bad person without him I don't know.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jess isn't THAT much different without Cody. I think that's kind of overblown.

She was more social last week but it was largely put on and she still took every opportunity she had to trash people or bitch about being persecuted. Remember that in her good week she (a) tried to turn Alex against Raven by blaming all the mean girls stuff they did on her and in turn brought Alex and Raven together against Jess, (b) barreled over any attempts Ramses and Jason made to try and game with her by whining about how she had been screwed and bullied by the house, (c) interjected herself into the Josh/Mark fight to complain about Josh lying to her which only made everyone remember everything she'd done, and (d) then complained that it was Josh who attacked her yet again to further her persecution complex.

A lot of Jess' "rebound" last week was a testament to the other players in the house. Case in point, she didn't fix poo poo with Christmas. Christmas just did a good job convincing her that they had moved past their problems and ignoring her persecution complex so Jess ended up not only targeting her with HOH but even wants to work with her.

Cody feeds her persecution complex and air of superiority, and she gets lost in him and stops socializing with people. But Jess' problems are largely her own. Cody came into the house blind to what happened the last week. Its Jessica's fault that she doesn't know how dumb it is to have Ramses on the block as a pawn or how outdated the concept of the house divide is.

This week's blindside (it it happens, knock on wood) isn't on Cody. This is Jessica's week.

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
Yea, you are right about Jess and her really odd victim complex. Completely oblivious to the fact that maybe she was in the game position she was in due to her own doing.

Christmas had every right to fake being okay with Jess game wise, but watching the conversation they had in the have not room was very odd. Christmas has this weird obsession with saying Jess is a liar because Jess took her own interpretation of what Christmas said to her. I don't necessarily agree with Christmas that that makes her a liar. Jess may have been wrong about what you implied or didn't imply, but that isn't a lie.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, Jessica DID walk around telling Matt, Raven, Elena, and Mark that Christmas had "threatened" her and straight up told her she was going after her. That WAS a lie. Christmas maybe danced around it a little and we could debate whether it was a "compassionate warning" or a "threat", but she didn't explicitly state anything Jess claimed she did.

Christmas was trying to play some semantics game by getting Jess to admit she "misinterpreted" it and then lied by not clarifying that, which Jess won't because she doesn't think she did and thinks Christmas is just lying and backtracking. It was dumb for Christmas to push that so hard but that's Christmas' fatal flaw that's eventually going to take her down. She's stubborn and too strong willed to the point of aggressiveness/pushiness.

That's why she had such a good week last and thus far this in kind of letting that stuff go and just making nice with people like Jess and Jason. It paid off well with both of them with Jason in quasi-power last week and Jess in power this week. If she can keep that up and limit the pointless confrontations like with Dom or Ramses last night that can help her get far in this game. But something like the "interpretation is lying" thing could do her in if she pushes it with the wrong person.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I so, so hope that she leaves things the way that they are and that the blindside works out

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Before Cody came back in the house, Jessica was definitely mixing with everyone else socially but it was only socially... There was still basically no one (except maybe Elena?) that wasn't going to target her this week, regardless of Cody's presence, so it's not quite right to think Jess was resurgent and Cody re-entering has tanked her game.

After winning HOH and then again after winning veto, Jessica started getting extremely smug about Josh going out of the game, and it was funny how blind she was before the fall, especially because putting Ramses up was so dumb to begin with. But then at various points yesterday she basically called out exactly what was going to happen with Ramses, exactly why she should veto Ramses, and also how she won't be able to live with herself if he goes out on her HOH. I like hearing correct game talk and seeing a little bit of a heart in her, so that takes some of the fun out of it and also Josh is just really grating and obnoxious to me, so even though Ramses doesn't contribute much I do hope Jess wises up and uses the veto. Ramses is still supposed to be talking to her again at Kevin's urging, so maybe Jessica can get turned back around after Elena and Cody called her paranoid and talked her down. At the very least, Elena was meant to check in with Matt, Raven, and Paul that Josh was their target, and I want them to either let on that its Ramses or have to lie to her face.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
So who is Jessicas ultimate target here? Is she going to pull down Ramses to try to backdoor someone? or is she going the safe route and getting Josh out of the house?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Everyone seems set on lying to Elena at least until the noms are locked. I think they'll let her in before Thursday but after what she did with Alex last week and then cozying up to Jess and Cody this week everyone's realized what Elena's game is and don't trust her.

I doubt she would have targeted Jess this week but she wasn't working with her either. The reality is Elena doesn't want to win HOHs or stick he neck out any way, she just got forced into competing for that Wall HOH because all the people she trusts either suck at comps or are throwing them too.

Jessica's got solid game sense, which is why she recognizes the possibility of Ramses going home and the logic of putting up a safer pawn. Her basic strategy of trying to do the least damage and clean up her and Cody's games so they can move forward the way they wanted to at the start makes sense on paper. The problem is she just has a terrible read on the house because (as you said) all her game building last week was superficial and meaningless. She can't get past her ego so she can't make any real progress in the house. Cody encourages that and makes it worse, but it starts with Jess and it didn't change last week.

Everyone's waking up, but Jess hasn't yet. Which is good because the less time she has to rethink things or talk to people before the POV Ceremony the better the chances of this hilarity holding firm.

SalTheBard posted:

So who is Jessicas ultimate target here? Is she going to pull down Ramses to try to backdoor someone? or is she going the safe route and getting Josh out of the house?

Josh is 100% her target. Its an entirely personal target. Everyone intends to send home Ramses instead. She was getting nervous about that possibility last night but Elena and Cody (both of whom are unaware of the coup plans) reassured her and she seemed to go to bed content with leaving Ramses up. She still thinks its "Paul's crew vs Alex's crew" and doesn't want to have to put up someone from either and "pick a side."

There's no rational reason why Ramses should stay on the block so I'm so, so nervous for this.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jul 24, 2017

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

STAC Goat posted:

Josh is 100% her target. Its an entirely personal target. Everyone intends to send home Ramses instead. She was getting nervous about that possibility last night but Elena and Cody (both of whom are unaware of the coup plans) reassured her and she seemed to go to bed content with leaving Ramses up. She still thinks its "Paul's crew vs Alex's crew" and doesn't want to have to put up someone from either and "pick a side."

There's no rational reason why Ramses should stay on the block so I'm so, so nervous for this.

I totally missed that in your recap. Thats awesome. I love when coups happen in the BB house.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

When is the ceremony?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Where does Jason stand on this? Is he down for the blindside?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Usually happens within a couple of hours of them getting woken up. So in the next couple of hours/by noon, I'd guess.

ToastyPotato posted:

Where does Jason stand on this? Is he down for the blindside?

Yeah. Everyone is in on it besides Mark and Elena.

Kevin seemed like he was encouraging Ramses to talk to Jess but he didn't give anything up and its unclear if he was trying to tip Ramses off, was playing his weird saboteur game, or was just trying to play nice and say the logical thing.

Jason had some mild questions to Alex whether they should go with Cody and Jess but she was adamant that they can't trust Jessica and they don't have the numbers so it would be dumb. He didn't really argue.

Matt was nervous about the idea of sticking his neck out with the blindside right before Jury (which is his only concern) but Raven and Paul got him on board that it was a necessary move and he wouldn't take the heat anyway.

Paul, Christmas, Raven, and Alex all want it bad and they're the more aggressive personalities and an eclectically connected group of people that it seems locked in if Ramses stays on the block. The main question is whether they let Elena in on it after the Ceremony.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jul 24, 2017

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
It really cracks me up how unified the house is against Cody and Jessica. I have tried to write this out a few times but I can't think of a good way to phrase it:

Do you think Codys game was hurt by Jessica not getting voted out? I think if Jessica had been voted out and he beat her in the Battle Back that he would've had a clean slate coming in, he might have been absorbed into a larger group and largely forgotten about. However with the return of "Jody" he's right back in the spot he was with the house largely rallying against those two.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Cody was doomed from the start, his personality is such that he cannot get along with other people and blames others for his deficiencies.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

It really cracks me up how unified the house is against Cody and Jessica. I have tried to write this out a few times but I can't think of a good way to phrase it:

Do you think Codys game was hurt by Jessica not getting voted out? I think if Jessica had been voted out and he beat her in the Battle Back that he would've had a clean slate coming in, he might have been absorbed into a larger group and largely forgotten about. However with the return of "Jody" he's right back in the spot he was with the house largely rallying against those two.

Nah I think Cody would be more screwed if he came in without Jessica in the house. Deep down she's a good BB player, but her lovely personality and toxic relationship with Cody keep getting in the way. But she has the sense to tell Cody that his dumb ideas are dumb. Without that, he'd be toast. He lacks the ability to socialize enough on a regular basis with people he doesn't like without letting his disdain ooze out of every pore in his body.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah. Cody doesn't have the charm or malleability to pull like a Caleb or Victor and blend in and get used. He's a toxic rear end in a top hat who wants to be in charge. He doesn't even talk to people. He didn't before the Paul backdoor. He doesn't now. And he's all about being the "alpha" and "making maverick moves" so he could never survive or temper things. He doesn't even accept Jessica's arguments that they need allies to get through the game. He's all about himself.

Cody could get evicted and win Battle Back as many times as Victor and more and he'd never have a chance in hell of getting past a couple of weeks. If Jessica was gone Cody would more than likely be sitting around waiting for his backdoor right now.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
All fair points. I haven't really been watching the feeds as much as I normally do (Thanks Stac for your awesome recaps) so I didn't realize he was all "alpha male bro!"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cody reveals he's a big Rush Limbaugh fan. Honestly, that's just sad. Its 2017 and you're under 40. What are you doing listening to Rush Limbaugh on the radio?

Most everyone's up (not Mark and Elena but they never get up before noon) and just being social. Including Josh. That could be a worry as he should probably be playing scared but the more time being social the less time for Jess to talk to people and rethink her plans.

Paul hosts a "Friendship Chat" in the parlor room with Jason, Kevin, Christmas, and Ramses. I normally wouldn't talk about this except for his opening line.

Paul: So everyone else is either asleep or loving upstairs... literally.

Cody and Jess with some pillow talk. No talk of POV. Cody does fantasize about Josh somehow staying, him winning HOH, and him nomination him with just "You're a bad person." He thinks this would destroy Josh and finds it very amusing.

Kitties now so probably POV Ceremony time. Fingers crossed!

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Even though I can't really stand any of them I want the final three to be Josh vs Cody vs Jess just to see how often Josh calls them meatballs in his final speech.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

This cat is on crack. I hereby dub him "Josh."

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Feeds back. No drama. So I imagine the POV wasn't used or else we'd see someone scrambling or mad or something.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jess is talking with Christmas in the parlor when feeds turn on. Not clear what its about. Christmas is just playing nice and kissing the ring saying "you're HOH." Jess says if anyone tries any "8 AM meetings" she's locking her door and Christmas just tells her about the Dom/Paul house meeting and drama. I think this may be some of the first Jess is hearing about it. Christmas says Jess had a "great week" and Jess says it can never get any better.

Josh asks for reassurance from Kevin and its confirmed that its still Josh vs Ramses. Both guys feel bad for Ramses but say its on Jessica and he's playing with them. Just general reassurance that Josh is safe and the targets next week are Jody and Marlena.

An actual isolated quote.
Josh: Meatballs!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I actually do appreciate Josh giving the run down to the viewers when he's alone. I know we can wait for the DR's when episodes air but it's also nice just to hear it out in the open.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I hope he yells MEATBALLS! when Ramses goes home.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I always appreciate HGs who give us some answers like that. Some overdo it to feed their egos (Dom, Paul, Frankie) but its genuinely helpful with some players who's true intentions are unclear. We would have had no clue what Josh was thinking in Week 1 if he wasn't talking to the cameras.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I mean, that must be psychologically weird to think about. I wonder if the cameras have a red light on to let someone know "You are currently live on the feed" because imagine wanting to give a private talk with the audience but the feeds are showing something else entirely.

I also wonder what that must do to them after they leave.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think there are lights because they often notice when the cameras are on them. Or maybe they just notice when the cameras are moving and zooming. But they do often know.

But they also seem to rant sometimes to nothing like Dom seemed to do all last week. That may just depend on the individual and how observant they are or how determined they are to talk.

In limited efforts I don't find it that odd. I don't really talk to myself but I get lost in my own thoughts a lot. And if I were in the BB House and knew I was alone I might voice my internal dilemma or tell people what I really think because I know they're watching and are interested.

And Josh is being forced to isolate himself so I get him just talking to himself and maybe cracking a little.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

It's general courtesy that the rest of the house tells the person being evicted that they are leaving well before the live ceremony right? Is Ramses going to get this courtesy or are they going to capture Jody's rage live?

Context
Sep 11, 2006
I'm pretty sure there aren't lights on the cameras, because I've seen them be certain that cameras aren't on them and be completely wrong.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Faustian Bargain posted:

It's general courtesy that the rest of the house tells the person being evicted that they are leaving well before the live ceremony right? Is Ramses going to get this courtesy or are they going to capture Jody's rage live?

I'm leaning towards live rage, but its iffy. I think Paul will probably tip off Elena before Thursday and that could start toppling the dominos. But right now they seem to want to make the blindside happen for the laughs and psychological warfare.

Ramses ain't gonna get any courtesy, though. No one really hates him but he hasn't really built any serious relationships either. And he has the misfortune of going out post-Battle Back and pre-Jury so there's no real game incentive to managing him. If Cody and Jess are getting blindsided, Ramses is getting blindsided.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

OK well Josh is just dancing all by himself in the Have not Room while watching the camera move around a bunch.

Edit: And muttering "Meatball" to himself every once in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I'm looking forward to Jess' Jillian-esque wtf and Cody's stony "I will kill all of you and wear your skin" reactions on Thursday.

edit: If Jess and Cody aren't put up on the block together next week (barring a Cody HOH win) then this house is idiotic.

• Locked thread