Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fart Radio

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

aew has been in business for 5 years and according to this they've delivered over FIVE HUNDRED AND TWENTY SEVEN matches four stars or better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard

this list is hosed. it puts cm punk vs hangman above pac vs orange cassidy. No way lol

Shard

Fart Radio posted:

aew has been in business for 5 years and according to this they've delivered over FIVE HUNDRED AND TWENTY SEVEN matches four stars or better

It'll be dead any day now 😔

Ringo Roadagain

22 Bryan danielson singles matches in the top 100

post hole digger

Fart Radio posted:

you dont know what you got til its gone. rip aew.

CombineThresher

GIT R DONNE

Sandman from ECW posted:

Remember Orange Cassidy/Matt Taven and that rad table bump?

That match ruled. I'd also put the first OC v Fenix match and the second OC v Penta match up there with anything else AEW has put on TV.

Kennel

BAWWW-UNH!

Ringo Roadagain posted:

22 Bryan danielson singles matches in the top 100

Appearances in 100 best rated AEW singles matches:
code:
Bryan Danielson		30
Kenny Omega		16
Adam Page		14
Jon Moxley		14
Eddie Kingston		9
Konosuke Takeshita	9
MJF			8
Will Ospreay		7
Chris Jericho		6
Claudio Castagnoli	5
Swerve Strickland	5
Christian Cage		4
CM Punk			4
Cody Rhodes		4
Darby Allin		4
PAC			4
Adam Cole		3
Andrade El Idolo	3
Daniel Garcia		3
Rey Fenix 		3
El Hijo del Vikingo	2
Hikaru Shida		2
Jack Perry		2
Kazuchika Okada		2
Orange Cassidy		2
Ricky Starks		2
Sammy Guevara		2
Tomohiro Ishii		2
Zack Sabre Jr.		2
Adam Copeland		1
Bandido			1
Black Taurus		1
Brody King		1
CIMA			1
Dax Harwood		1
Dr. Britt Baker DMD	1
Dustin Rhodes		1
Hechicero 		1
Jamie Hayter		1
Jay Lethal		1
Joey Janela		1
Katsuyori Shibata	1
Kyle Fletcher		1
Kyle O'Reilly		1
Lance Archer		1
Luchasaurus		1
Mark Briscoe		1
Minoru Suzuki		1
Mr. Brodie Lee		1
Penta El Zero M		1
Roderick Strong		1
Rush 			1
Samoa Joe		1
Serena Deeb		1
Thunder Rosa		1
Wheeler Yuta		1

Carver

Cool to see Bryan vs. Suzuki up there, that and Bryan vs. Omega is kinda what made me stick to following wrestling the last few years I think.

JUNGLE BOY

lol at will ospreay having twice as many matches on that list after 2 months than adam cole has had in 3 years

graph

aaag peanuts

Sandman from ECW posted:

Remember Orange Cassidy/Matt Taven and that rad table bump?

matt taven really went for that

graph

aaag peanuts

Fart Radio posted:

lol were so loving spoiled

Kennel

BAWWW-UNH!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

lol at will ospreay having twice as many matches on that list after 2 months than adam cole has had in 3 years
In fairness, Will Ospreay is ridiculously good compared to almost anyone and Adam Cole has had only 23 singles matches in AEW.

graph

aaag peanuts
the main event of all out 2023 mox vs oc for the intl belt was so loving rad with a killer finish and ending

graph

aaag peanuts
siog vs acclaimed 1

post hole digger

Kennel posted:

Appearances in 100 best rated AEW singles matches:
code:
Bryan Danielson		30
Kenny Omega		16
Adam Page		14
Jon Moxley		14
Eddie Kingston		9
Konosuke Takeshita	9
MJF			8
Will Ospreay		7
Chris Jericho		6
Claudio Castagnoli	5
Swerve Strickland	5
Christian Cage		4
CM Punk			4
Cody Rhodes		4
Darby Allin		4
PAC			4
Adam Cole		3
Andrade El Idolo	3
Daniel Garcia		3
Rey Fenix 		3
El Hijo del Vikingo	2
Hikaru Shida		2
Jack Perry		2
Kazuchika Okada		2
Orange Cassidy		2
Ricky Starks		2
Sammy Guevara		2
Tomohiro Ishii		2
Zack Sabre Jr.		2
Adam Copeland		1
Bandido			1
Black Taurus		1
Brody King		1
CIMA			1
Dax Harwood		1
Dr. Britt Baker DMD	1
Dustin Rhodes		1
Hechicero 		1
Jamie Hayter		1
Jay Lethal		1
Joey Janela		1
Katsuyori Shibata	1
Kyle Fletcher		1
Kyle O'Reilly		1
Lance Archer		1
Luchasaurus		1
Mark Briscoe		1
Minoru Suzuki		1
Mr. Brodie Lee		1
Penta El Zero M		1
Roderick Strong		1
Rush 			1
Samoa Joe		1
Serena Deeb		1
Thunder Rosa		1
Wheeler Yuta		1

30 lmao

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Cole vs OC lights out is another banger with the best weapon ever seen in aew and a killer finish

Eat This Glob

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

looks like he could play a young ron donald in a party down prequel

Sandman from ECW

Kennel posted:

In fairness, Will Ospreay is ridiculously good compared to almost anyone and Adam Cole has had only 23 singles matches in AEW.

Ospreay has had 18

EDIT Wait, you said singles matches. Ospreay has had 10 of those.

Ulio

On The Internet posted:

Kenny Omega and Hangman Page vs The Young Bucks Revolution 2020

Edit: there's gotta be an effort post on this somewhere, right?

Edit again: Gavok comes through in the AEW Primer thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4056169&pagenumber=1&perpage=40&userid=0#post538284166

Oh I missed that, holy moly thats a lot.

Jonny Nox

RE: Great AEW Matches:

All Out 2019 is on Youtube

Kenny V. Pac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZbozxirGcM&t=1588s

Cracker Barrel Match that made Darby's AEW Career is immediately after

Bucks/Bros Ladder Match
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBy_fZLevTg&t=2082s

Yes this is more theatre than fighting, it's really good

coconono

KISS ME KRIS

I really liked the Hager va Wardlow MMA match because it was unique and told a story loudly enough even non-MMA could catch what Wardlow’s mistake was.

Eat This Glob

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

i didn't see that match, but was the mistake the lil pony tail? my guess is his mistake was having the lil ponytail

coconono

KISS ME KRIS

He tried to wrestle with a NCAA wrestler instead of powerbombing him into a red mess

shiksa

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Eat This Glob posted:

looks like he could play a young ron donald in a party down prequel

I'm glad someone else saw strong Ron Donald vibes there lol

super macho dude

CM Punk vs Eddie Kingston (Full Gear 2021) is imo the perfect match for someone who wants to see what AEW is all about but doesn't want to commit to a 40+ min banger.

The build up promo package, the very beginning the match, the nuclear crowd heat, it's an effortless 11 minutes, etc... I could go on & on, it's one of my favorite matches of all time

Sandman from ECW

I don’t really have any strong impressions from that match, but I’ll never forget the time Eddie t-bone suplexed Chris Jericho directly on his head 3 seconds after the bell rang. I popped so hard. Hoots were hollered.

closet statist

super macho dude posted:

CM Punk vs Eddie Kingston (Full Gear 2021) is imo the perfect match for someone who wants to see what AEW is all about but doesn't want to commit to a 40+ min banger.

The build up promo package, the very beginning the match, the nuclear crowd heat, it's an effortless 11 minutes, etc... I could go on & on, it's one of my favorite matches of all time

Yeah I think this match is sadly forgotten. I think probably my favourite moment from the CM punk AEW run. Crowd absolutely nuclear, Eddie furious, two blokes stuffing the poo poo out of each other. Perfect. Makes me remember why I love Eddie and why were all so high on punk

Barry Bluejeans

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO0j3xaZ53E

possibly my single favorite promo in AEW history

"you lowlife, scumbag, two-faced, narcissistic bitch" popped me huge at the time but hits even harder now

Shard

Someone posted this in response to that

https://twitter.com/OGPizzaDog/status/1787977291475157332

And I have to agree. Here's the full promo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbKccBmvv28&t=143s

Jonny Nox

Hanger heard "All I drink IS BLOOD" and started thinking

super macho dude

Shard posted:

Someone posted this in response to that

https://twitter.com/OGPizzaDog/status/1787977291475157332

And I have to agree. Here's the full promo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbKccBmvv28&t=143s

Every now & then I'm reminded how good Mox is as a wrestler and im like, "Yeah, gently caress it, give this man another run as Champ."

Shard

super macho dude posted:

Every now & then I'm reminded how good Mox is as a wrestler and im like, "Yeah, gently caress it, give this man another run as Champ."

I'm convinced

coconono

KISS ME KRIS

Moxley could eject me from the olive garden and I would still stan

haunted bong

super macho dude posted:

hell, same

STING 64

who wants to go on a field trip

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
:yikes:

Erin M. Fiasco

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

A field trip! A field trip!

Hello BYOB :wave: This is the thread from PSP where we post about things we love about All Elite Wrestling. I hope we get to have a nice cultural exchange because wrestling is cool and fun :)

Majinfoose

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

¿Donde?

Stoner Sloth

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

A field trip! A field trip!

Hello BYOB :wave: This is the thread from PSP where we post about things we love about All Elite Wrestling. I hope we get to have a nice cultural exchange because wrestling is cool and fun :)

hello welcome and chat! :wave:

BYOB got me into watching AEW which is the first time i've really enjoyed professional wrestling at all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

riptidejim

Have a good night!
Do you guys like other indie wrestling too? I just went to Beyond wrestling's 15th anniversary show last night and it was great. Got to see Warhorse vs Alec price which was a killer match.