Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Famethrowa posted:

The fact that Doplan isn't on a tier 1 team is criminal
Give him a few months. He just stood in for pyth in NiP and did pretty well, so that probably garnered some interest in him. He may pull a XANTARES, though, and decide that his team's success is more important than his individual success and stay in Epsilon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Famethrowa posted:

Weird that godsent is underperforming. I thought for sure they got the better half of the swap.

They were not playing well at all, I was thinking the opposite heh

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I LIKE TO SMOKE WEE posted:

They were not playing well at all, I was thinking the opposite heh

Really? I think Krimz is probably the best site anchor in the scene, Flusha is great at making dumb plays work, znajder is a solid vet to anchor, and Pronax is reportedly the best IGL ever.

I think JW is highly overrated and doesn't deserve his status, but even he does great plays.

They look fantastic on paper imo.

edit: honorable for xanteres to stick with his team, I know I would totally sell out

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Sep 8, 2016

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

symbolic posted:

Give him a few months. He just stood in for pyth in NiP and did pretty well, so that probably garnered some interest in him. He may pull a XANTARES, though, and decide that his team's success is more important than his individual success and stay in Epsilon.

its not that xantares is loyal to space soldiers in particular, its just that he only speaks turkish and, thus, the only team he could play on outside of turkey is optic because tarik could translate

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Famethrowa posted:

I think JW is highly overrated and doesn't deserve his status, but even he does great plays.

How...why. What a monster you turned out to be :qq:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Demostrs posted:

its not that xantares is loyal to space soldiers in particular, its just that he only speaks turkish and, thus, the only team he could play on outside of turkey is optic because tarik could translate
Language barrier didn't stop s1mple.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I hope convicted cheaters like disco doplan never find Tier 1 teams, for the integrity of popular team shooter counter strike

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Jeza posted:

I hope convicted cheaters like disco doplan never find Tier 1 teams, for the integrity of popular team shooter counter strike

This x10000000000. Just the fact that NiP brought him in as a stand-in is really loving stupid.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Jeza posted:

meanwhile the guy who strangled that one dota pro is appreciated by the community and frequently in front of the camera

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Jeza posted:

When was he convicted? I could be wrong, but I thought it was just people finding him suspicious and no-one actually having any proof

e: speaking of hacking, team won our second league game this season on nuke and dd2, something like 16-7 and 16-8 and had to send in demos to prove our innocence again :angel:

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Sep 9, 2016

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
uh hello this is popular team shooter counter strike, suspicion is proof

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Bohemian Nights posted:

e: speaking of hacking, team won our second league game this season on nuke and dd2, something like 16-7 and 16-8 and had to send in demos to prove our innocence again :angel:

You should also share them with us so we can copy your pro strats

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

E: Quote is not edit

https://www.twitch.tv/starladder_cs_en is starting, gather round, maybe Dig will stomp Godsent? I want V E S A C E man to lose

ahahaha the autosniper, this is everything I was hoping for :allears: 16-5 Dig on D2

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Sep 9, 2016

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Love Stole the Day posted:

meanwhile the guy who strangled that one dota pro is appreciated by the community and frequently in front of the camera

RLewis is a oval office but it's kind of apples and oranges here, and there's really nothing beyond hearsay as to what actually happened. Although with his issues I can totally believe he made a mostly unprovoked attack on that guy.

Bohemian Nights posted:

When was he convicted? I could be wrong, but I thought it was just people finding him suspicious and no-one actually having any proof

http://steamcommunity.com/id/unknownonon/

Overwatched. Abandoned the account, changed its name and made a lot of fake steam names so you can't see it's him.

http://steamrep.com/?id=76561198129664966

Can see his SteamID here.

http://www.legit-proof.com/search?m=guid&q=1%3A0%3A84699619

And proof he played on this account on ESEA.

In my opinion Epsilon is a pretty tainted team, especially back around the time emilio was VAC banned. There's a fair slice of sub-top Swedish pros who were probably dabbling in cheats at the time. It's basically never just one person in a scene, usually there's a few players together in on something.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Jeza posted:

RLewis is a oval office but it's kind of apples and oranges here, and there's really nothing beyond hearsay as to what actually happened. Although with his issues I can totally believe he made a mostly unprovoked attack on that guy.

The only way choking someone could be provoked is if he got physically assaulted first, which we know didn't happen. RL is just hosed dude.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

btw csgo https://clips.twitch.tv/adren_tv/TenderOkapiMVGame

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

. . . :smith:

You should also share them with us so we can copy your pro strats

nah, they're all just POV demos so it's pretty boring to watch and all our good and actual executes were last week on train and cache, since no-one plays nuke and dd2 is dd2 we basically just completely pugged it out this time around

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

dex_sda posted:

The only way choking someone could be provoked is if he got physically assaulted first, which we know didn't happen. RL is just hosed dude.

He was provoked by being in the presence of a dota player. Not far enough imho.

Heh, played dust 2 on my silver 4 account last night and the other team abandoned after 10 matches. 10-0 and i was 18-2. They were salty as gently caress and were a pre made.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

if they're using show lag compensation does this actually have an in-game effect? wouldn't the server side bullet also be offset the same amount as the hit box? idk all the details of that stuff.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Jeza posted:

i'm glad you agree with me that that dude should gently caress off and be ejected from the community's limelight, but csgo has less integrity than the NFL because at least Ray Rice was punished at least a tiny bit for sucker punching his girlfriend in that elevator.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

ArmZ posted:

if they're using show lag compensation does this actually have an in-game effect? wouldn't the server side bullet also be offset the same amount as the hit box? idk all the details of that stuff.

no it just shows hitboxes and impacts for some reason, but after things have been lag compensated. These are two stationary people so it changes nothing

Dancer
May 23, 2011
So I was watching faze vs flipside earlier, and I hadn't turned off twitch chat. Turns out people have meme-ified the n-word. Twitch chat is literally the worst.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
the first and last time twitch chat was any good was in the first few magical weeks of the bob ross marathon

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

that sneaky round from dd wtf

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Jesus Christ hey can't show replays from plays that the observers missed. I wanted to see that Happy ace :negative:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

https://clips.twitch.tv/starladder_cs_en/PowerfulShrimpRedCoat

can I get some 2G's up in the chat?

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:eyepop:

I almost feel bad for CyberZen

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Sep 9, 2016

stump collector
May 28, 2007
owned

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pre-Release Notes for 9/09/2016 posted:

The following changes are in the “1.35.4.7rc” CS:GO Beta depot.

[Gameplay]
– The first-person camera of players, spectators, and demo-viewers is no longer allowed to rise higher than their third-person head. This should prevent first-person players from being able to see from perspectives where their third-person head is not also exposed.
– When a player’s first-person camera is adjusted, bullets fired from both their client and server-side locations are also adjusted to emit from the corrected position.
– If for any reason the third-person player animation lowers a player’s head beneath the client’s first-person camera, the client’s first-person camera is lowered to stay at or under the height of their third-person head. This means that the third-person motion of the player is now represented more accurately from the first-person perspective.
– Third-person landing recovery animations are now weighted based on altitude traversed and duration in-air. Players landing from small jumps or falling from lesser heights will play more subtle landing animations.
– The anti-crouch-spam system has been changed to use degrading speed, instead of logging keypress-count. As before, the more often players crouch, the slower they will rise or lower. But this should now prevent bugs where players would instantly stand, or lose their crouch-spam penalty by moving a tiny amount. If players crouch even more, eventually they will just stay standing up.
– First-person and third-person crouch speed is now more closely related. The third-person player lowers more quickly to match the first-person representation.
– Players landing in crouch positions play a more subtle landing animation that raises their third-person head less noticeably.

[Misc]
– Lag compensation system will now reliably restore pose parameters responsible for animation layering which makes server-side hitboxes for lag compensated players better match client-side rendered models. (Thanks, /u/Spurks)
– Fixed a bug where player body pitch could improperly rotate the entire player entity inside lag compensation processing.

If I understood what most of this means, I'd say it's a pretty good update.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

TLDR: headglitching isn't as good. Also your model while jumping will be accurately reflected by your perspective. It wasn't before.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Also the hitbox bug that was discovered today (has possibly been the source of many a "CSGOOOOOOOOO" moment) got fixed

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Here's adreN testing out how hosed the hitboxes were before the patch.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

I'm too deep into Friday to play a serious MM but from a quick round of DM the hitboxes seem considerably less bullshit

Good stuff

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

I'm too deep into Friday to play a serious MM but from a quick round of DM the hitboxes seem considerably less bullshit

Good stuff

The patch hasn't hit yet..

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ozmiander posted:

The patch hasn't hit yet..
You can opt into the beta branch for it.

e: Never mind, only works offline since the Valve servers aren't running it yet. I guess it's just placebo effect.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
you guys are dumber than ozmiander

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

exethan posted:

you guys are dumber than ozmiander

The equivalent of the self high five right there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

symbolic posted:

If I understood what most of this means, I'd say it's a pretty good update.

Nice! Looking forward to it, despite not being good enough to really nice the difference most of these will make, probably.

e: Perhaps some videos that people here haven't seen yet showcasing some beta update changes:

Crouchspamming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uYHyZbABz8
Planting first person camera shift: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdPx-m4UeTU
Landing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9YiZQXaNoM

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Sep 10, 2016