Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

padijun posted:

has someone done this yet

the ocarina of time works the same way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jesus how scary would wallmasters be in this game?

I hope the dlc brings some classics back. Wallmasters, iron knuckles, redeads, leevers, skulltullas, likelikes.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Hey I got Ganondorf's sword from the amiibo! Now to hang it in my house and never use it
I just got Wind Waker trousers. White ones, so I think my hopes of lobster pyjamas have gone down the drain.

Ed: on the other hand, it might drop a green floppy hat for that proper Link experience.

Runcible Cat fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Mar 11, 2017

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Runcible Cat posted:

I just got Wind Waker trousers. White ones, so I think my hopes of lobster pyjamas have gone down the drain.

Ed: on the other hand, it might drop a green floppy hat for that proper Link experience.

i can confirm that floppy hats are part of the toon link experience

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Runcible Cat posted:

They will, just savescum for all of the parts and set the system clock forward to try again.

There's no pajamas though.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I would get a Dlc that just adds enemies honestly. Darknuts, redeads, poes, pols voice. I want it all.
Anyone think they missed the boat with like likes and their item eating?

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

i can confirm that floppy hats are part of the toon link experience
Excellent.

I'll give it a few days before I start cheating the system, though, I'm not in a hurry.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Hihohe posted:

I would get a Dlc that just adds enemies honestly. Darknuts, redeads, poes, pols voice. I want it all.

I do.

My biggest thing is no Darknuts, Hyrule Castle should have been swarming with them and not a bunch of enemies you saw at the beginning of the game and everywhere else in the game world.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
How do I catch this goddamn white horse? I get bucked off every time due to stamina running out. Do I simply need more stamina or is there some trick?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Hihohe posted:

There's lots of lightning enemies which make you drop your weapons, not exactly the same but similar.

s.i.r.e. posted:

My biggest thing is no Darknuts, Hyrule Castle should have been swarming with them and not a bunch of enemies you saw at the beginning of the game and everywhere else in the game world.

They did guardians instead which are new to the series; but yeah, I miss Darknuts.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Foppish Yet Dashing posted:

How do I catch this goddamn white horse? I get bucked off every time due to stamina running out. Do I simply need more stamina or is there some trick?

You need more stamina. You can eat stamina increasing food, stay at the rito inn which gives temp max stamina or chug stamina restore in the middle of the bucking.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Operation Wetsuit Boy is a go. Let's go fight an elephant robot.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Zaphod42 posted:

They did guardians instead which are new to the series; but yeah, I miss Darknuts.

Yeah but the Guardians you see super early and, as I've said before, I'm not a fan on them. I don't think robots work too well with Zelda though it was done as well as possible in this game. Plus they aren't classic enemies. I think it's silly that Ganon's stronghold is guarded by a bunch of bum Boko and Moblins with some stationary turrets that don't pose much of a threat. I kinda wish the walking Guardians were on the castle and would walk on the castle walls sideways and chasing you down that way but there's so much debris at the castle you can take cover every 10 seconds and avoid them completely.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Foppish Yet Dashing posted:

Zore posted:

You need more stamina. You can eat stamina increasing food, stay at the rito inn which gives temp max stamina or chug stamina restore in the middle of the bucking.

Also Mash L as fast as you can, like you're playing Mario Party. I caught the white horse with not much stamina and no food boosts just by mashing it really fast.

Alternatively complete more shrines and just get more stamina period.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

s.i.r.e. posted:

Yeah but the Guardians you see super early and, as I've said before, I'm not a fan on them. I don't think robots work too well with Zelda though it was done as well as possible in this game. Plus they aren't classic enemies. I think it's silly that Ganon's stronghold is guarded by a bunch of bum Boko and Moblins with some stationary turrets that don't pose much of a threat. I kinda wish the walking Guardians were on the castle and would walk on the castle walls sideways and chasing you down that way but there's so much debris at the castle you can take cover every 10 seconds and avoid them completely.

What don't you like about Guardians exactly?

I didn't like them much at first but as soon as I learned you can hack their legs off they got a whoooole lot more fun. Also having powerful weapons, such as master sword. I mean you can also just snipe them with a single ancient arrow, but those are hard to come by and they're actually fun to fight in melee once you learn the legs-hacking-off trick

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Where do I find a Goron with son in his name

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Internet Kraken posted:

Have you gone to the goron area yet? Talk to gorons along the road that leads to Goron CIty.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Internet Kraken posted:

Southern Goron Mines. Just follow the road south of Goron City

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Zaphod42 posted:

What don't you like about Guardians exactly?

I didn't like them much at first but as soon as I learned you can hack their legs off they got a whoooole lot more fun. Also having powerful weapons, such as master sword. I mean you can also just snipe them with a single ancient arrow, but those are hard to come by and they're actually fun to fight in melee once you learn the legs-hacking-off trick

They have one attack (the large one, unless they do something other than shoot?) and after getting really good at parrying with the shield they become really easy and it's a bit boring waiting for them to shoot 3 times to kill them easily.

I just completely all of the shrines last night and even smaller ones in the Tests of Strength got super super boring because each fight became the same thing and none of them were challenging. They're the lamest of all shrines.

The Guardians don't have any personality, so they're just really dull to deal with.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Anyone have a youtube of the music where you're doing the how far you can glide challenge? It's really awesome and I feel like there's been a lack of really upbeat music in the game so far.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Just finished the game!

Is there something I missed? The ending just seemed to be "thanks Link, also do you even know who I am anyway", and was pretty anemic otherwise. I heard there were multiple endings, does this mean I got a suboptimal one?

Game was really good. I think I would have preferred a tighter, slightly more condensed game size-wise but I managed to get a lot done anyway. Still wayyyy top contender for the series though! I think I'd put it at top tier tied with Wind Waker and Link Between Worlds. I would agree that this game seems like it was originally a non-Zelda game in the beginning.

It definitely needs some DLC, though. It feels like there's a hook at the end for rebuilding somehow, and there's still stuff left to be explored. Hoping the DLC helps add some meat to the non-exploration parts of the game, cause I kinda miss the questier parts of Zelda like you'd see in Wind Waker or OoT. That said, I'm not optimistic that Nintendo will do much about that. So, the game didn't resolve as satisfactorily as I'd liked.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Pollyanna posted:

Just finished the game!

Is there something I missed? The ending just seemed to be "thanks Link, also do you even know who I am anyway", and was pretty anemic otherwise. I heard there were multiple endings, does this mean I got a suboptimal one?

Game was really good. I think I would have preferred a tighter, slightly more condensed game size-wise but I managed to get a lot done anyway. Still wayyyy top contender for the series though! I think I'd put it at top tier tied with Wind Waker and Link Between Worlds. I would agree that this game seems like it was originally a non-Zelda game in the beginning.

It definitely needs some DLC, though. It feels like there's a hook at the end for rebuilding somehow, and there's still stuff left to be explored. Hoping the DLC helps add some meat to the non-exploration parts of the game, cause I kinda miss the questier parts of Zelda like you'd see in Wind Waker or OoT. That said, I'm not optimistic that Nintendo will do much about that. So, the game didn't resolve as satisfactorily as I'd liked.

There's some post credits stuff if you've found all the memories, done all the divine beasts and found the Master Sword.

It sounds like you might have gotten it, the 'bad end' just kinda cuts off when Zelda asks if you remember her

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

s.i.r.e. posted:

I miss Darknuts. Hyrule Castle should be crawling with those guys.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Honestly the only recurring enemies I really miss are Deku Babas and Poes.

Darknuts have always just sorta been the most boring generic Zelda enemy in 3D. Give them their weird giant chain flails and then we're talking.

Zore fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Mar 11, 2017

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Zore posted:

There's some post credits stuff if you've found all the memories, done all the divine beasts and found the Master Sword.

It sounds like you might have gotten it, the 'bad end' just kinda cuts off when Zelda asks if you remember her

Yeah, I was in the middle of writing that right as it showed up. That's what made me bring up the sequel hook thing, it'd be nice to see an expansion past that ending. I also agree that the game needs juuuust a bit more dungeoning, ala Skyrim. Shrines are nice, but I would have preferred less, more interesting setpieces over templated minidungeons.

That reminds me, it seems like this game doesn't take place in any timeline, or takes place so far removed from any of them that it's effectively independent. Is that the case, or did I miss something?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Zore posted:

Darknuts have always just sorta been the most boring generic Zelda enemy in 3D. Give them their weird giant chain flails and then we're talking.

The Wizrobes in this game are close enough to poes I don't miss them too much.

I do miss Deku Babas. Classic enemy, and very fun to fight against.

On the other hand, Koroks are cooler than Skultulas in every way. :3:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
First guy you meet is a poe. He even has a lantern.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

Yeah, I was in the middle of writing that right as it showed up. That's what made me bring up the sequel hook thing, it'd be nice to see an expansion past that ending. I also agree that the game needs juuuust a bit more dungeoning, ala Skyrim. Shrines are nice, but I would have preferred less, more interesting setpieces over templated minidungeons.

I mean thats how a lot of Zelda games end. Tetra and Link setting sail looking for a new land, Zelda and Link setting off to recolonize the surface, etc.

I don't really see sequel, but Nintendo might surprise us. They killed a number of sacred cows with this iteration.

I do hope they keep the heightened emphasis on Zelda going forward. 3/4 of their last games have had her as a major character and emotional core of the narrative with only LBW sorta off on ita own. Another reason I dont really like that game.

Zore fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Mar 11, 2017

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Waltzing Along posted:

First guy you meet is a poe. He even has a lantern.

holy poo poo you're right

#gamechanger

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Patter Song posted:

Am I horribly broken? I'm a few hours in, out of the Great Plateau...and I'm not really feeling this game.

It actually took me about 8 hours to start enjoying the game because I had been so hyped up about it. For me I had to experience the enlightenment that the game is more than the sum of it's parts. And the plateau just shows you each of the parts individually because it's a tutorial.

UberJew posted:

holy poo poo you're right

#gamechanger

Guardians are just Ghoma.

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
Wizzrobes in this game remind me of Magic Man from Adventure Time and I want to pummel them

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

King Bahamut posted:

Wizzrobes in this game remind me of Magic Man from Adventure Time and I want to pummel them

I'm glad I'm not the only one :allears:

That's also why I was extra scared of the first one I met, though.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
The stationary guardians in Hyrule castle are literally just Beamos.

Bombs really should work on them imo.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Zore posted:

I liked Darknuts in Wind Waker, where you had to counter them to remove their armor before you could hurt them. Something like that could've been cool in BotW. Or like you can Magnesis their armor off.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Is there permanent not being on fire armor in goron city? And if so how much money will I need? Or can I just unlock a nearby shrine and jump down into the city before I have problems?

Edit: Is it safe to take my horse, and if not, how many hearts does grilled horse meat restore?

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Mar 11, 2017

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I just got a blood moon
At 8:35 AM

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

DalaranJ posted:

Is there permanent not being on fire armor in goron city? And if so how much money will I need? Or can I just unlock a nearby shrine and jump down into the city before I have problems?

Edit: Is it safe to take my horse, and if not, how many hearts does grilled horse meat restore?

Yes there is. Lower mountain requires 1 piece, higher mountain requires 2 pieces. Its like 600 rupees for the cheaper pieces and the helmet is like 2,000 (don't get the helmet)

You can buy fireproof elixirs from the stables south of death mountain, or from goron city. You can also make them using lizards that are on death mountain. Also, ice-element weapons will protect you while equipped.

It is safe to take your horse but you'll still have to follow the above ^

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

parallelodad posted:

Jesus how scary would wallmasters be in this game?

I hope the dlc brings some classics back. Wallmasters, iron knuckles, redeads, leevers, skulltullas, likelikes.

Please god, no. Wall Masters and Like Likes are the reason it took me two years to play all the way through OoT.

I want to like this game so much but I'm overwhelmed by its sheer size. I am constantly haunted by the spectre of "what if I miss something?"

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Mar 11, 2017

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

An enemy who eats equipment in a game about destructible equipment seems like a very bad idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

TFRazorsaw posted:

An enemy who eats equipment in a game about destructible equipment seems like a very bad idea.

Doesn't it make more sense in a game with destructible equipment?