Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

no lube so what posted:

gates/allen are the reason the place is what it is now

allen is dead, gates moved to california, and benzos is in miami... end of an era... :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
I bought the boba from costco, J Way Boba in the snack area. It was $13 for 10 packs of tea and boba.

It was pretty flavorful and the boba wasn’t bad, soft not hard grandpa boba. It’s not the best but for $1.30 a boba, you can’t beat that.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

no those boba things are bullshit

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

https://hmartdelivery.com/collections/milk-tea-pearls/products/wufuyuan-black-tapioca-pearl-8-8oz

the rest is just sweet milky tea

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

i am harry posted:

no those boba things are bullshit

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀/

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Mola Yam posted:

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀/

That's a loving sarlac pit you MORON!!!

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

i am harry posted:

said one fourteen year old what the gently caress this is the newspaper most americans get their news from?!

ok for what it's worth:
fragrances are super high-focus right now on social
and some lovely writer just found a really lovely take on it

also, since nobody asked, the IDLES perfume smells like canned cherries spilled on a leather jacket that came out of a room burning incense.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

MLK Ultra posted:

ok for what it's worth:
fragrances are super high-focus right now on social
and some lovely writer just found a really lovely take on it

also, since nobody asked, the IDLES perfume smells like canned cherries on a leather jacket that came out of a room burning incense.

sounds like axe with better copywriter

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

stu pid FUCK asshole shit gizzard

sleep with the vicious posted:

Tier 1
Mexico city
Miami
Nyc
Chicago
Edmonton

Tier 2
Atlanta
Tijuana
Houston
Galveston
Seattle

Tier 3
Brandon, Manitoba

wheres dallas bitch

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

no lube so what posted:

sounds like axe with better copywriter

you are entirely correct.

e: and also i love your gd av everytime i see it.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I thought cool water, ckone etc were pretty big as something to talk about and maybe someone had a bottle they got from their parents. not sure how new this is.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Common (whites)

Alexandria (virginia)
Dresden
Windhoek
Ankara
Ichihara

Magic (blues)

Lagos
Stockholm
Quito
Tucson
Yekatarinberg

Rare (yellows)

Alexandria (Egypt)
Reykjavik
Kinshasa
Philadelphia
Hangzhou

Set Uniques (green)

Belgrade, Bucharest, Sofia
Nyc, London, Shanghai
Paris, Rome, Berlin
Tehran, Benghazi, Cadiz
Addis Ababa, Medina, Khartoum

Legendary (brassy orange)

Jerusalem
St. Petersburg
Cairo
Fukuoka
Busan

Artifact (deep scintillating purple)

Chongqing
Athens
Buenos Aires
Istanbul
Mexico City

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Twerk from Home posted:

This is much less true than it used to be, I live in the neighborhood where Gummo was filmed, like so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csO130RSpks

Anyway, everything more than tripled in value in the last 5 years and one of the perfectly normal houses around here sold for a million dollars. There are still some stray cats around. If you haven't seen Gummo, you should.

It tripled in value not because of anything special but because computer toucher chuds and retirees relocated there to be close to good healthcare and a sports stadium and get some cheap land to live out their pastoral fantasies. Nothing substantial changed about the city. The largest employer is Vanderbilt healthcare with 25k people. For reference, this is less than mission hospital in Asheville employed before Nashville based HCA bought it and ran it into the ground.

The roads are still crumbling, and it’s not helped by the small tanks driving everywhere. The state government hates the Nashville municipal one because of “the unfortunate element.” None of that suburb wealth is transferring into the city proper in any meaningful way, except for a new football stadium I guess. Beers on broadway arent 17 dollars because of how great things are going. I guess they have a bartaco now on that one street with condos that’s surrounded by blocks of urban decay.

Nashville is way closer to gatlinburg than it is to Charlotte. lol at the thought of them getting a baseball team, but that’s just the kind of stupid, short sighted city planners in southern cities are notorious for.

Oh speaking of: rumors Charlotte city council has approved 1.2 billion to upgrade BOA stadium so David Tepper can throw drinks on peasants in peace and comfort. Worst team in major North American sports since he bought them!

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Foobie posted:

I was just about to recommend wfmu lol. I saw someone mention it on byob I think, gave it a shot, and listen to it so much I’ve been considering cancelling Spotify. One of my favorite shows is airing as I type this

WFMU is so good. Got my swag in the mail last week. 😎

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Saw this in the breakroom this morning

https://twitter.com/Cancer_Buzz/status/1792306124336840939?t=T988XiaHzXFDSFbS8rPo7g&s=19

im doing my part!:shepface:

Lol there's an entire subgenre of this its wild

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
is that good for the economy?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

Oh speaking of: rumors Charlotte city council has approved 1.2 billion to upgrade BOA stadium so David Tepper can throw drinks on peasants in peace and comfort. Worst team in major North American sports since he bought them!

Apr 7, 2003

Tennessee is just giving the Titans $1.26b for a new stadium. Seems like a great decision for one of the poorest states in America where many people do not have functional municipal water systems.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
that stadium will pay for itself with the first Super Bowl it hosts and one round of summer tours from every famous country music artist playing there

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
the deal is of course lovely and the owners completely fleeced the city and state, but be realistic. Nashville is THE hottest city in the country arguably, its the perfect time for a spankin new stadium

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
"imagine how many bachelorette parties you could throw at once in that fucker" - the city of nashville

Apr 7, 2003

Demon Of The Fall posted:

the deal is of course lovely and the owners completely fleeced the city and state, but be realistic. Nashville is THE hottest city in the country arguably, its the perfect time for a spankin new stadium

Thinking about this book Xaris turned the thread on to

https://www.ucpress.edu/book/9780520383456/the-city-authentic

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

sleep with the vicious posted:

Tier 1
Mexico city
Miami
Nyc
Chicago
Edmonton

Tier 2
Atlanta
Tijuana
Houston
Galveston
Seattle

Tier 3
Brandon, Manitoba

T0:
Beijing
New York
London
Paris
Berlin
Los Angeles
New Dehli

T1:
Tokyo
Portland
Austin
Athens
Edmonton

T2:
Atlanta
Pittsburg
Seattle

T3:
Tottenham

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WwvBXht0vo

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

This will go over well with their fan base who cannot stand the fucker. :lol:

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

sullat posted:

T0:
Beijing
New York
London
Paris
Berlin
Los Angeles
New Dehli

T1:
Tokyo
Portland
Austin
Athens
Edmonton

T2:
Atlanta
Pittsburg
Seattle

T3:
Tottenham

Fair but I'd move Pittsburgh to tier 3 and apparently someone wants Dallas so add DFW/Arlington in tier 1 (go Stars)

Best economy: wherever financial capital wants it to be baby

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://x.com/unusual_whales/status/1792552607224881404

what's the number for SA

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

A range from $0 to $X,000, depending on the amount of numbers attached to their username of the day.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Pingui posted:

A range from $0 to $X,000, depending on the amount of numbers attached to their username of the day.

does this include CIA money

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!

Salt Fish posted:

That's a loving sarlac pit you MORON!!!

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
reddit will need to make more than $2.94 next quarter and so on and so on. lol good luck with that

Apr 7, 2003

RadiRoot posted:

reddit will need to make more than $2.94 next quarter and so on and so on. lol good luck with that

They're already pushing the sort of ragebait reactionary poo poo that you see all over Zuckerberg's Racism Box because that's the most profitable form of social media

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
invest in account create/click farms

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm actually a little annoyed that Reddit hasn't shown signs of dying after making all these user-hostile decisions, but the number of websites on the Internet really has declined since the last time something like this happened

like, I think people started migrating to Reddit when Digg did similar money moves, and there isn't really a Reddit alternative for them to jump ship to like Reddit was a Digg alternative. Twitter is too different in model and is also its own dumpster fire.

Apr 7, 2003

Reddit is already absolutely useless for general purpose discussion and has been for a long time. The real value Reddit has right now is that I can post a picture of a vacuum cleaner from 1972 and some maniac will tell you exactly what it is, where to get parts for it, and how much it's worth.

I can't imagine those communities can be monetized very easily so expect Reddit to shitcan them eventually.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

loquacius posted:

I'm actually a little annoyed that Reddit hasn't shown signs of dying after making all these user-hostile decisions, but the number of websites on the Internet really has declined since the last time something like this happened

like, I think people started migrating to Reddit when Digg did similar money moves, and there isn't really a Reddit alternative for them to jump ship to like Reddit was a Digg alternative. Twitter is too different in model and is also its own dumpster fire.

there’s like 5 places to go on the internet if you want to post on a message board now and haven’t already been posting on one since 2008

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Reddit is already absolutely useless for general purpose discussion and has been for a long time. The real value Reddit has right now is that I can post a picture of a vacuum cleaner from 1972 and some maniac will tell you exactly what it is, where to get parts for it, and how much it's worth.

I can't imagine those communities can be monetized very easily so expect Reddit to shitcan them eventually.

The concept of giving refuge for all nature of enthusiasts to chat harmoniously with each other is almost admirable, at times it reminds you of how powerful and unifying the internet can be

the fact that each of those communities is like 10% about the topic and 90% bigoted bitching, power-tripping moderators, and ill-conceived monetization attempts is a powerful reminder of why the internet is dying and that's a good thing

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

One overlooked but very charming use case for Reddit is team specific subs so when somebody blows a big game you can just go and gleefully scroll through all the homers whining and crying and declaring the moon is falling and it’s great fun

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

right, and, like, there isn't currently another site that can do something like that. Twitter can only really do it if you add some ragebait to your vacuum cleaner post and you have built up enough of a following through years of bad posting for anyone to actually see it, or maybe if a Big Account takes pity on you and RTs you. TikTok can maybe do it if you manage to make a clever enough video about your vacuum cleaner that it spreads naturally. Tumblr can only do it if you have found an Old Vacuum Cleaners community and cultivated a place in it so that the people there see your post and will respond to it.

similarly, SA can do it if you are one of the fifty remaining goons and if there's an Old Vacuum Cleaners thread and it's still active

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

HashtagGirlboss posted:

One overlooked but very charming use case for Reddit is team specific subs so when somebody blows a big game you can just go and gleefully scroll through all the homers whining and crying and declaring the moon is falling and it’s great fun

*norman rockwell Brave Statement meme* the reddit sports discussion community is actually pretty good and having a designated Crying Homers space is part of why