Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cracked_Gear
Nov 4, 2013

"Did she really say this? please tell me this is real."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

"Ted Cruz is incapable of joy" is an interesting take on how he seems fake as hell.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Disappointed to find that this is clickbait

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Just saying that he's going to work with addicts to 'make them better' is actually huge step forwards for right-wing rhetoric.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Necc0 posted:

Just saying that he's going to work with addicts to 'make them better' is actually huge step forwards for right-wing rhetoric.

I'm not ready to take his word on that. Sure its not a cut and dry case but I remember the story of him suspected of pushing out his brother's side of the family out of the money. There could be a lot of resentment there and lack of empathy for someone who was suffering an addiction.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

TheTatteredKing posted:

"Ted Cruz is incapable of joy" is an interesting take on how he seems fake as hell.

Note how many colleagues and former associates ‘loathe’ him. A Bush alumnus told the New York Times’ Frank Bruni, ‘Why do people take such an instant dislike to Ted Cruz? It just saves time.’

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
I took this image from a dream Joementum had last night:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
He is almost certainly lying, but this is also hilarious.

https://twitter.com/johncardillo/status/696001968901382144

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Jewel Repetition posted:

I took this image from a dream Joementum had last night:

I'd vote for him

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Necc0 posted:

Christie and Kasich have been talking about this for several months too. It's the same kind of high-minded rhetoric about how we need to "deal with mental health issues" every time there's a mass shooting from the party who would adamantly refuse to put a big government mental health system into any spending bill ever.

Kurt_Cobain
Jul 9, 2001

Joementum posted:

He is almost certainly lying, but this is also hilarious.

https://twitter.com/johncardillo/status/696001968901382144
Exactly who this election has been missing.....or has it?

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

shiksa posted:

Of course it is, did you see his congress hearing? His version of the bored rich is trying to get the most people worked up and hating the mere mention of his name.

I think he's a covert communist trying to bring on the revolution. Shkreli, the LF-est.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Hahahahaha

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Getting hosed up on gin and republicans tonight. Can't wait.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Shouldn't republicans love this guy for making full use of the free market??

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Kurt_Cobain posted:

Exactly who this election has been missing.....or has it?

All I know is all the Stanley Steamers in New Hampshire just got booked solid through next week.

Captain_Maclaine fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Feb 6, 2016

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfQrOOikePY

I want to link video of the full 13 minute Ben Carson post-Iowa press conference. Q & A starts at 2:45. Carson is usually a chore to listen to, and he can usually be distilled into discrete soundbytes without losing any content. This event was short, sweet, and entertainingly bizarre.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Tonight's going to be a Cuban roast

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

You rang?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I made a debate thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3763279

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
This is the first GOP debate of the year where I haven't had to work the next day.

Hoping for a bloodbath.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Rubio is going to be come at every which way by all those dudes, though honestly he might deal
Well with it he's had so much practice with dudes cumming at him

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

that pattern where rubio's the only major candidate with more of his support being undecided than decided was also present in the pre-iowa polling. i guess that probably has something to do with his picking up other establishment candidates' supporters, but certainly it implies he could lose them if momentum seems to swing away from him

a meltdown at the debate could do it. more likely, if the other establishment guys do well on tuesday he could be in real trouble. if one of them finishes above him the attempt to build a consensus around him might just blow up

cruz and trump definitely seem to be holding to most of their support in what polling there is so far, if it was trump-cruz-rubio in 1-2-3 that probably wouldn't be good for rubio but on the other hand it might put the fear of god into the establishment money people

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I haven't seen these gimmicks since we had character accounts for TV shows poo poo positing on TVIV.

In LF there was "presidents crew" who all had names of various presidents, but they didn't gimmick post. There was both a Richard Nixon and Richard M. Nixon.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
e: gently caress, too many tabs open.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

Do It Once Right posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfQrOOikePY

I want to link video of the full 13 minute Ben Carson post-Iowa press conference. Q & A starts at 2:45. Carson is usually a chore to listen to, and he can usually be distilled into discrete soundbytes without losing any content. This event was short, sweet, and entertainingly bizarre.

He both looks and sounds wasted, more so than usually.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

I am really curious how Trump would have reacted if it'd been directed at him.

From the article:

quote:

The answer as to why so many people dislike the Texas Republican instinctively is one the intrigued Dr. Richard E. Cytowic, a professor of neurology at George Washington University.

Writing in Psychology Today, Cytowic noted that Cruz’s “atypical expressions” left him “uneasy,” and that he was not alone among people who have watched Cruz up-close and from afar.

“Note how many colleagues and former associates ‘loathe’ him. A Bush alumnus told the New York Times’ Frank Bruni, ‘Why do people take such an instant dislike to Ted Cruz? It just saves time.’ Former Senate Majority leader Bob Dole says, ‘Nobody likes him,’ while Rep. Peter King sees ‘malice.'” Cytowic wrote. “According to The Washington Post, screenwriter Craig Mazin, Cruz’s former Princeton roommate, has called him a ‘huge rear end in a top hat,’ and ‘creepy.’ He’s Tweeted, ‘Getting emails blaming me for not smothering Ted Cruz in his sleep in 1988.’ The distaste for Cruz even extends beyond the US: Germans say Backpfeifengesicht, meaning a face in need of a good punch.”

:drat:

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Pompous Rhombus posted:

From the article:

Yes, yes, we've already established that he's a homunculus grown from the dna found in urine. Mostly human urine. People (and animals) can sense that sort of thing.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

sullat posted:

Yes, yes, we've already established that he's a homunculus grown from the dna found in urine. Mostly human urine. People (and animals) can sense that sort of thing.

Well this explains why my dog gets really agitated during republican debates

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Pompous Rhombus posted:

From the article:

trump while being a massive shithead, is charismatic. he has an expressive(while flat,orange and beady) face. cruz is a nutjob who only cares about himself(maybe family) and his objectives. trump will at least punch you in the face while screaming at you. cruz will just put a knife in your back while talking all folksy about prosperity Jesus. My guess is a lot of people either see pass cruz's bullshit right away.(most of his peers and most others) and the dupes and lickspittles who buy into his poo poo because either jesus/tea party or personal gain.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I watched bill maher last night and I think he hit the nail on the head on why Trump and Sanders do so well, especially among younger voters. Authenticity. They aren't snakes, two faced, liers. Yeah you can vehemently disagree with their statements but you can tell from both of them it comes from their heart. So many people are just sick and tired of politics and politicians it is refreshing

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
YCS > 2016 Republican Primary: Der Backpfeifengesicht

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Well this explains why my dog gets really agitated during republican debates

no that's all the dogwhistling

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

no that's all the dogwhistling

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Vile posted:

I watched bill maher last night and I think he hit the nail on the head on why Trump and Sanders do so well, especially among younger voters. Authenticity. They aren't snakes, two faced, liers. Yeah you can vehemently disagree with their statements but you can tell from both of them it comes from their heart. So many people are just sick and tired of politics and politicians it is refreshing

this and i think radicals on both sides can imprint their views on either of them. the white nationalists do it because Trump caters to their poo poo views. and hipsters love sanders because they think he will make the world perfect and get rid of the pentagon completely or some poo poo.

Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx
Is everyone ready to Make America Great Again? Only 4 more hours.... People, get ready.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

trump while being a massive shithead, is charismatic. he has an expressive(while flat,orange and beady) face. cruz is a nutjob who only cares about himself(maybe family) and his objectives. trump will at least punch you in the face while screaming at you. cruz will just put a knife in your back while talking all folksy about prosperity Jesus. My guess is a lot of people either see pass cruz's bullshit right away.(most of his peers and most others) and the dupes and lickspittles who buy into his poo poo because either jesus/tea party or personal gain.

Whoops.... I wasn't actually emptyquoting Joementum's post, I was commenting that I was curious how Trump would have reacted if he'd received a similar endorsement from Fellow Successful Businessman Martin Shkreli.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Vile posted:

Anyone following Trump can tell he isn't though. The amount of times his tune has changed around shows he's just winging it and has no convictions he's fighting for other than him being huge and great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

TheTatteredKing posted:

Anyone following Trump can tell he isn't though. The amount of times his tune has changed around shows he's just winging it and has no convictions he's fighting for other than him being huge and great.

well most of the youth voting for trump are white trash or internet /pol/tards.

• Locked thread