Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Love the extremely clinical speak that reminds one of a child apologizing for something they totally don't feel sorry for

Wait, there's no apology in there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
fallout 76 is my favorite game of 2018

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
It has provided me with more hours of entertainment than a lot of games I’ve actually bought.

In RDR2 news, I’m stealing wagons to pay off the bounty I got from stealing wagons.

I’m not good at stealing wagons.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It's impressive how badly someone can nosedive one of the most successful franchises currently running. I think they probably topped EA killing Mass Effect with Andromeda, which I still have not bothered to play despite being a fanatic about the first three (well, first two and then the launch version of the third).

edit from the FO76 thread:

Mr. Podunkian posted:

when you think of shag carpet you thinking nice, pillowy, fluffy carpeting that might be interesting to use to decorate your trash house right??

$6

this is not an isolated shot of it looking bad. it's truly just a bad monochrome texture that sits on a completely flat surface with no height/normal/parallax mapping whatsoever.

edit:

THAT TEXTURE COSTS SIX AMERICAN DOLLARS

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

oh my god they did it, they came up with a worse value than horse armor

the madmen

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
A 4096x4096 Texture with normal map, and light map makes up a three part set that costs about $2 at wholesale. You need substantially larger resolutions for large outdoor surfaces, the side of a building for example may cost about $20 at the end.

Some textures are more expensive than others. And while it would get really expensive for normal people its a drop in the bucket for an art department at a company, since many of them simply pay out a few hundred grand up front and get full library access.

e; Wait, I haven't played any FO76, but you're saying that is something that you the player would have to buy yourself for your own decoration? goddamn thats some grift.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
yeah no my dude i'm not talking about stock art, that poo poo is a crazy industry

that monochrome, zero definition, no parallax, no normal map texture is something you can buy in the FO76 store for SIX AMERICAN DOLLARS and then have to put down in the game

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Been playing forza

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Fallom posted:

Wait, there's no apology in there

It's a business. You don't get apologies, you just become a big enough nuisance that they prefer to pay you off. I do this when the REIT that owns my apartment complex pulls bullshit. Just give them a chance to quietly walk it back before going loud.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
edit: nvm I got tricked

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

edit: also tricked!

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
you gotta watch out for that mormon guy he's tricky!

edit: what's sad is that it was 100% believable until I saw who posted it

the thread still hasn't figured it out though so lol

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Link? I have no idea what you're going on about

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
nothing, some guy posted a picture saying that they're adding a 15% price increase to the atom shop in fo76, but its fake news

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

valve has a steam link software beta for raspberry pi now if you really want one still

https://www.polygon.com/2018/12/4/18126328/valve-steam-link-raspberry-pi

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

also god drat the playstation classic is such a bust

word is sega is about to drop a dreamcast classic, and Nintendo is finishing up a N64 classic, and most rad imo a gameboy classic or mini or w/e they call it

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
yeah I can't imagine most ps1 games will have aged well, that was a pretty awkward phase of games in retrospect. still, i wouldn't mind playing nuclear and Soviet strike if they were available in modern resolutions anyhow

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

the game choice was pretty much ok, some weird omissions. Biggest thing is they didn't do many filters or screen modes to help adjust the screen for modern tvs like Nintendo did with theirs. Plus there's not much use in hacking them based on what I've seen floating around, unlike other ones like the NES/SNES, Commodore 64 mini, and whatever shows up on kickstarter these days

i don't own any of them, but because I watch videos on youtube about emulation and crap i get inundated with videos about hacking them all. a gameboy classic would be really fun imo, I grew up squinting myself blind on my old game boy

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

And they used the PAL versions of some games like Tekken which apparently introduce noticeable slowdown.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

i'm honestly impressed: https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/a3ga47/i_am_getting_your_support_tickets_on_my_bethesda/
tldr; bethesda's ticketing system is showing everyone's tickets, and more and more people seem to be confirming it. there's a claim of it including cc#

For today's "What in the goddamn gently caress do you do with those billions of dollars you've made, Bethesda" moment.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
goty

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I was debating buying Forsaken for Destiny 2 on PC cause I got the base game for free last month and it's pretty much like Borderlands for me without the stupid meme jokes. Figured getting Forsaken on sale for 25 bucks with all the DLC was a pretty good deal.

Took a peek at the PC thread in games...yeah I'm good.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
What do you mean? I've never played it on PC but I haven't heard anything but good things about Forsaken on PS4.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I read the last page of the PC thread and they were just complaining about some spergy stuff that the latest DLC added.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Yeah I've heard nothing but good things about Forsaken. I own D2 on PS4 but never bought Forsaken. Just judging by the PC thread and from what I've seen on Reddit, grouping is gonna be a pain mostly due to

Fallom posted:

spergy stuff

Though the game looks loving amazing on my ultra-wide with my new graphics card. I'll probably still end up buying it, but I've got other stuff I wanna play in the meantime and the playerbase isn't giving me much hope for finding games that aren't stupid as poo poo. So :shrug:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I’ll never give another cent to bungie

For the forth time: I really mean it this time guys!

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Handsome Ralph posted:

Took a peek at the PC thread in games...yeah I'm good.

You want the serious overchill discord or the KFS goons mumble if grouping with people who aren't pants on head retarded is the issue.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I have come to realize that Fallout76 is not really a troll or anything bad by Bethesda. It is actually the peak 2018 game made for 2018 and should win some awards for these facts.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
n4b how does this picture make you feel

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

mods changed my name posted:

n4b how does this picture make you feel

disgusted and ashamed for him

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

what am I looking at

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
some dorky mame cabinet thats for sale, the black part on the bottom is actually sold separately lol. I don't know much about it but I saw some people bitching about the whole thing in another thread and thought of N4b because he builds his own mame cabinet.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

a shameful cabinet

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

heres mine atm

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I have all the hardware to build a Steel Battalion cabinet in full sitdown arcade style but nowhere to put it.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

heres mine atm

Are you in Korea? I just got those chairs off gmarket and was looking at an identical cab but Tekken Tag branded.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

M_Gargantua posted:

I have all the hardware to build a Steel Battalion cabinet in full sitdown arcade style but nowhere to put it.

omg do it

nullscan posted:

Are you in Korea? I just got those chairs off gmarket and was looking at an identical cab but Tekken Tag branded.

lol no. i got the chairs for $50 off ebay, the cabinet was a kit fron recroommasters

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

M_Gargantua posted:

Put an extension on the house.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

seriously steel battalion fuckin owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hnBVuoIbW8

I never had one of these, but I played it at my buddy's house. poo poo was awesome.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Dec 7, 2018