Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

I've seen this movie and gif a trillion times and I just noticed the one in the back trying not to smile at the very end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

That whole move belongs int his thread :allears:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

A few pages back but this is Dragon's Dogma and should be played by everyone.

The first time I fought that troll, I did not have the stats to kill it but I'm stubborn.
I climbed on his back, he charged and we both fell to the bottom of that very deep pit.
He hit first and I lived. gently caress that game is good.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Inzombiac posted:

A few pages back but this is Dragon's Dogma and should be played by everyone

The first time I fought that troll, I did not have the stats to kill it but I'm stubborn.
I climbed on his back, he charged and we both fell to the bottom of that very deep pit.
He hit first and I lived. gently caress that game is good.

Didn't that pit loop back to the regular world?

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

e:

FairyNuff has a new favorite as of 21:59 on Sep 16, 2016

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Didn't that pit loop back to the regular world?

There's a floor at the bottom initially.

Rolo posted:

I've seen this movie and gif a trillion times and I just noticed the one in the back trying not to smile at the very end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IZldRSGW50

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

http://i.imgur.com/bUNwgql.gifv

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

The Repo Man posted:

I'll make some non-Batman gifs at some point...

trumpnightmare.gif

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Jamesman posted:

trumpnightmare.gif

I don't think trump has enough money to pay off several hobos.

Forti
May 5, 2009

Super Waffle posted:

That whole move belongs int his thread :allears:

Hot Fuzz is one of the best/most british/funniest loving films ever made

If you haven't watched Hot Fuzz, frankly, go gently caress yourself.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Forti posted:

Hot Fuzz is one of the best/most british/funniest loving films ever made

I loved Shaun of the Dead so I had to see Hot Fuzz. I thought it was mediocre the first time but has gotten better exponentially each subsequent viewing.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

:shittypop:

:trumppop:

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

He could probably feed all those people if he stopped spending billions on trying to be a bat

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dragonstoned posted:

He could probably feed all those people if he stopped spending billions on trying to be a bat

He could afford it anyway if he wanted to, but he'd rather invest in bootstraps

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

The Repo Man posted:

I'll make some non-Batman gifs at some point...

This is straight out of Jesus Christ Superstar

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Rolo posted:

It's because going back for a second pass was an ad-lib by the one in front and was loving beautiful.

Dragonstoned posted:

That is the actual point of that scene, yes. TAS's Bruce Wayne is a total loving failson with no idea how to actually help the poor of Gotham. People keep mentioning how much better his parents were, often to his face.

Also Batman's Batmanning budget in TAS is noticeably lower than in any of the films. He's got a sweet car, his utility belt, his suit, and his computer, all of which are in a cave which is only moderately finished and has a couple secret passage entrances- and that's it. No armour, no fancy prototype tanks, no city-spanning security network, no secret additional batcaves or storage caches dotted throughout Gotham.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Yeesh. That's going to be a bad shot.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Hyperlynx posted:

I could not find an animated version of this, I'm sorry

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Hyperlynx posted:

Couldn't find the follow-up of that particular shot. They either didn't air it or it hasn't aired yet, but she didn't do too bad from the round I did manage to see video of.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Plus she's now guaranteed shampoo sponsorship.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Hyperlynx posted:

Yeah, but you'll never look as sexy.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Somfin posted:

It's because going back for a second pass was an ad-lib by the one in front and was loving beautiful.

Paddy Considine is amazing and you should watch him in Dead Man's Shoes.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Hot Fuzz is the one movie I can watch over and over again. I can sit and watch it if I watched it the night before, annoying everyone in the room, by saying every line along with the actors. Now I'm going to watch it again.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Jamesman posted:

Couldn't find the follow-up of that particular shot. They either didn't air it or it hasn't aired yet, but she didn't do too bad from the round I did manage to see video of.

Well, on the other hand, maybe she puts her hair in the way every single shot she takes? Consistency is the key, after all.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Hyperlynx posted:

Well, on the other hand, maybe she puts her hair in the way every single shot she takes? Consistency is the key, after all.

Nah, none of the shots she took had her hair in the way.

Apparently they talked about it and the moment hadn't aired yet which is why I couldn't find it. She got 0 points on that shot.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Jamesman posted:

Nah, none of the shots she took had her hair in the way.

Apparently they talked about it and the moment hadn't aired yet which is why I couldn't find it. She got 0 points on that shot.

Who is it, though? My GIS only found some super vague info about a K-Pop singer?

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Sandor Clegane:

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
The reactions from every person behind that poor bastard make that gif even better.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gorilla Salad posted:

The reactions from every person behind that poor bastard make that gif even better.

I like the monkeys' reactions. So blasé.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Repo Man posted:

Who is it, though? My GIS only found some super vague info about a K-Pop singer?

Tzuyu from the group Twice. For Chuseok and the Lunar New Year, Korea has idol athletic championships with things like archery, wrestling, rhythmic gymnastics, races, etc.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Jamesman posted:

Tzuyu from the group Twice. For Chuseok and the Lunar New Year, Korea has idol athletic championships with things like archery, wrestling, rhythmic gymnastics, races, etc.

And the traditional 100m falling on your face.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

Clitch posted:

Hot Fuzz is the one movie I can watch over and over again. I can sit and watch it if I watched it the night before, annoying everyone in the room, by saying every line along with the actors. Now I'm going to watch it again.

It took me multiple view to catch that this scene is a payoff from a line way in the beginning in the movie, about everyone and their mums having guns out in the country

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Super Waffle posted:

It took me multiple view to catch that this scene is a payoff from a line way in the beginning in the movie, about everyone and their mums having guns out in the country

The way Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and At World's End use dialogue to foreshadow events later in the movie has always impressed me. I've always really enjoyed how in SotD they lay out in the events of the movie in the drink order Ed lays out for the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Super Waffle posted:

The movie's structure is art. If you map out the screenplay with all payoffs, I bet you end up with a schematic of the Sistine Chapel or something

My favorite is that they end up doing every single thing that Danny asks Nick about