Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

TWSS posted:

I usually try and kill my opponents newest or most recently painted model on my first turn.

With Morty it's even more like that, because you HAVE to kill him asap or he'll wreck you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Hey goons familiar with the postal service: what the gently caress does "no access" mean?

They supposedly tried to deliver an order of models today, at noon, but I didn't hear a single loving buzz on the doorbell

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

GreenMarine posted:

It was on the "must sell this week" shelf that says "online order only soon" in the GW store and the GW manager confirmed that the entire Deathwatch range is going direct order only.

Can also confirm. I was in store and my local manager had pulled off Kill Team Cassius, the Venerable Dreadnought boxes and the Kill Team boxes. I think he said the only stuff in store would be the Start Collecting! Deathwatch set though. Maybe characters.

goose willis posted:

Hey goons familiar with the postal service: what the gently caress does "no access" mean?

They supposedly tried to deliver an order of models today, at noon, but I didn't hear a single loving buzz on the doorbell

It means they physically couldn't access your drop location, maybe because of a gate code or blocked access. Technically. In my experience, because I live at the opposite end of my apartment complex from the mailboxes, they'll sometimes just mark it that if they don't feel like delivering it.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Zuul the Cat posted:

In my experience, because I live at the opposite end of my apartment complex from the mailboxes, they'll sometimes just mark it that if they don't feel like delivering it.

It's this 99.9% of the time. :argh:

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

GreenMarine posted:

It was on the "must sell this week" shelf that says "online order only soon" in the GW store and the GW manager confirmed that the entire Deathwatch range is going direct order only.

They're probably going to be reboxed soon enough for an 8th edition codex.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm sure they'll be getting some cool stuff. I'm hoping anyway, since I just started Deathwatch.

Also, I dunno how much it can be believed, but my local manager and I both play Custodes. He let me know that Custodes would be getting a bunch of stuff in Spring 2018 - NOT the FW stuff. Totally new stuff.

Supposedly.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Guys I'm getting excited at the prospect of Eldar and aspect warriors and I've been checking this thread every day for some information.

Come on GW....

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Zuul the Cat posted:

I could use some tips on where to go from here with my Deathwatch. What am I missing? Should I pick up a couple razorbacks?

Here's what I have.

Definitely get some Razorbacks. I have a TwinLas and TwinAC, they both put in work.

Boon posted:

Guys I'm getting excited at the prospect of Eldar and aspect warriors and I've been checking this thread every day for some information.

Come on GW....

They're getting a codex in October and I'm not really sure what models they're putting out, so there's an outside chance.

MasterSlowPoke fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Sep 26, 2017

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Zuul the Cat posted:

It means they physically couldn't access your drop location, maybe because of a gate code or blocked access. Technically. In my experience, because I live at the opposite end of my apartment complex from the mailboxes, they'll sometimes just mark it that if they don't feel like delivering it.

Are you serious

I live in a pretty small apartment building and it's just a lobby entrance and there has never been a time when they couldn't get in because there's always this old racist lady that sits in the lobby waiting for the mail around noon and I would be loving shocked if she didn't let them in

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

goose willis posted:

Are you serious

I live in a pretty small apartment building and it's just a lobby entrance and there has never been a time when they couldn't get in because there's always this old racist lady that sits in the lobby waiting for the mail around noon and I would be loving shocked if she didn't let them in

Yeah, they probably just didn't want to drop it off.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Definitely get some Razorbacks. I have a TwinLas and TwinAC, they both put in work.

I'll definitely get some next then.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Zuul the Cat posted:

How does that even work

Isn't that their job to deliver

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
lol, yeah. But, you know, USPS man.

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

'Time fer a waaagh from above!
call them up and do some enraged honking over the phone

also record the call for our amusement

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Ask to speak to the postmaster in your area. You can find out who it is here: http://webpmt.usps.gov/pmt002.cfm

In payment for my assistance, I also demand you record the call.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Deified Data posted:

Goddamn these models are fantastic.

I am roughly 3000% excited for these plastics.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

I actually had another package earlier this year mysteriously get returned to the sender because of some purported problem with the address which makes no sense because I got some models off loving eBay with the same address I used for a dozen prior purchases

So when I called USPS I had to wait for about a half hour listening to canned music and when I finally got a postal creature on the line they were sorry, but they don't know, they can't know, they won't know, they're sorry, they cannot help further, they're sorry, they cannot know anything more about the problem, they're sorry, there's nothing else to be said because they cannot say anything that cannot be said

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Can't wait for PostNord to sink down to USPS levels. They're getting there from what I've heard (or they're just going to go broke) but so far they have not hosed up anything for me yet.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Does USPS even deliver anything anymore that isn't credit card offers or senior citizen marital aid catalogs or packages from Amazon

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

'Time fer a waaagh from above!
sounds to me like they're delivering angry confusion just fine

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Death Guard peeps, I've got a couple of list-building questions as I'm scribbling them out furiously ahead of splitting a DI box with a mate in a few days.

- Going shooty with Plague Marines, right choice? The melee weapons look sweet, but the Marines themselves only get 1 measly attack each. Not worth it? Blight Launchers and Plasma Guns seem a better investment.

- Standard Chaos Lord or Lord of Contagion? Leaning towards Chaos Lord for sweet sweet re-rolls, but having played with the LoC before I know that he can be a beast once he lumbers into combat.

- Which of the Elite slot characters are a must have. I kinda wanna get them all since I'm a sucker for the kind of buff game they bring but naturally I'll have to narrow them down for most standard sized games. Currently the only two I'm really leaning towards as vital are the Plague Surgeon and the Foul Blightspawn. Fair assessment to say they're the best of the bunch?

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Personally, I've been looking at a daemon prince instead of a chaos lord, he does rerolls too.

So anyway, I'm reading this Know No Fear book and it talks about a campaign in the ultramar system that has a gravis captain and intercessors delivered via stormravens and drop pods, I take this as tacit approval that I can do this in my games.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

SteelMentor posted:

- Which of the Elite slot characters are a must have. I kinda wanna get them all since I'm a sucker for the kind of buff game they bring but naturally I'll have to narrow them down for most standard sized games. Currently the only two I'm really leaning towards as vital are the Plague Surgeon and the Foul Blightspawn. Fair assessment to say they're the best of the bunch?

Tallyman is a must if you have any kind of melee at all and gives you a free CP on average per game (provided you started with 5-6). Biologus Putrifier gives you the ability to nuke a tank/monster or horde unit into the ground with 10-20 Plague Marines. They're all good-to-great characters depending on circumstances.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

panascope posted:

Is there a Goon-Approved guide to painting black armor? I have some Sons of Horus Reavers to paint and I'd really like to try glazing if that's a possibility.

My method is P3 Thamar Black since Abaddon Black is poo poo, then I highlight with Dark Reaper and Fenrisian Grey. Example:

R0ckfish posted:

Quick cross post from the painting thread

These guys look so loving good dude. That green is great and I like the freehand.

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008

Boon posted:

Come on GW....

Don't hold your breath, they're sitting on a heap of finecast garbage that needs to sell.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
My mailman Joe is the best. Gives my dogs treats or a bite of his sandwich, brings us honey from bees he keeps and doesn't complain about our quarter mile uphill driveway when he has to bring me boxes of eBay models or amazon goodness everyday.

I've now amassed a solid quantity of every 4th ed aspect warrior in metal, except for loving dark reapers because they're hot poo poo these days. Yay eBay. My assumption is that this will trigger GW to release plastic aspects and Phoenix lords.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
I recently bought a house, and the highlight of this new home is that I actually have room to slam hams now. So I am now making wargaming terrain to play with.

So, I bought these amazing circular moss/grass 'mats' from a business closing down for dirt cheap, with the intention of using them for wargaming in some way. I forgot to take actual photos of them prior to this post, but here are some photos of me using them as Sylvaneth Wildwoods in an AOS game:

Only now I am loving stumped as to HOW to use them. The other page you guys were talking cool terrain ideas and poo poo, does anyone have some cool ideas I can unashamedly steal to use these? They are flexible, flocked with bright green static grass stuff and seem to be made out of a soft circle of ...fuzz?

What the gently caress do I do with them?!?

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

goose willis posted:

Does USPS even deliver anything anymore that isn't credit card offers or senior citizen marital aid catalogs or packages from Amazon

I think USPS is like every other service, in some areas they're great and in some they're awful. I choose USPS anytime I'm given the choice, my mailman is the poo poo. Talk to your local postmaster if you're having an issue, not some 800 number for sure.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
USPS is great here but they've got a jolly old santa as a postmaster that calls everyone male lad (and it's small enough he's often at the counter) so I have no clue what it's like in a more urban area.

E: also our distribution center is great and FedEx and UPS are crap out in the burbs. Flat rate boxes and first class mail are also often the cheapest options for small shippers.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

I actually have quite a few model deliveries coming in soon and I'm pretty worried that the rest are going to be hosed up too

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

Norwegian here, but my inlaws lives in Västerås. Going there this Christmas holiday, at least, so open for Christmas hams.
I might be working over Christmas, but we'll see.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

a cock shaped fruit posted:

I recently bought a house, and the highlight of this new home is that I actually have room to slam hams now. So I am now making wargaming terrain to play with.

So, I bought these amazing circular moss/grass 'mats' from a business closing down for dirt cheap, with the intention of using them for wargaming in some way. I forgot to take actual photos of them prior to this post, but here are some photos of me using them as Sylvaneth Wildwoods in an AOS game:

Only now I am loving stumped as to HOW to use them. The other page you guys were talking cool terrain ideas and poo poo, does anyone have some cool ideas I can unashamedly steal to use these? They are flexible, flocked with bright green static grass stuff and seem to be made out of a soft circle of ...fuzz?

What the gently caress do I do with them?!?

Use them as bases for woods imo. On their own they look pretty inconsequential but they're perfect for delineating area terrain.

goose willis posted:

USPS does tons of the last-mile service for UPS and FedEx.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!

SteelMentor posted:

Death Guard peeps, I've got a couple of list-building questions as I'm scribbling them out furiously ahead of splitting a DI box with a mate in a few days.

- Going shooty with Plague Marines, right choice? The melee weapons look sweet, but the Marines themselves only get 1 measly attack each. Not worth it? Blight Launchers and Plasma Guns seem a better investment.

- Standard Chaos Lord or Lord of Contagion? Leaning towards Chaos Lord for sweet sweet re-rolls, but having played with the LoC before I know that he can be a beast once he lumbers into combat.

Choppy plague marines get +1A unless they have the flail, which deals d3 attacks for 2 damage a pop anyway that rollover overflow wounds, seems nuts.

However shooty marines with as many plasma guns as they can hold sounds really nice too, 18 inch rapid fire? Chuck them next to a lord or daemon prince for rerolling 1s and that sounds like a lot of power.

I don't think that you could go wrong with either choppy or shooty, they are really versatile models.

In terms of elites, the plague surgeon is interesting as anything that buffs disgustingly resilient sounds really good, but my maths only gives it an extra 6% to trigger. Doesn't seem worth the 65 points. The Foul Blightspawn has a kind of mediocre ability (unless combined with the putrifier) but has an absolutely insane looking gun. D6 auto hit attacks, 2D6 S, -3AP and 3 D.

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

...Out of this period a particularly cunning and strong Ork will emerge as the leader and the other Orks will gather round him...

SRM posted:

Does anyone remember the tadhg Juice Dad story? I need it for research. If someone could find the post that would be even better.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3224113&pagenumber=1458&perpage=40#post391259376

Tadhg posted:

More local color from Tadhg's favorite FLGS.

I was in to pick up a pounce wheel and some paint, and went over to the consignment case to take a look (never hurts- I actually just got 500 points of Bretonnians and a pewter griffon for $10.) While over there, I saw the most :smith: thing I've ever seen in a gamestore.

25-35 year old guy was there with his wife and daughter (who was maybe five?) Guy has a stack of receipts for things that he's put into the consignment case, and is looking to see if anything has sold. As he lists things off that have sold, his wife gives a little cheer and the little girl does a little dance. Nothing wrong with this scene so far- supportive wife and kid happy that daddy is selling off some of his extra minis.

Then the little girl says, "Yay! Does that mean that I can get juice this week?"

The mom replies, "Yes it does, sweetie!" and the dad adds, "Yep, and if these other ones have sold then I might be able to get some of the new Grey Knights!"

The things that he's put in the cases? Tyranids and Blood Angels, for pretty low prices. $10 here, $20 there.

Then the guy asks the FLGS worker if they charge tax on consignment case sales. FLGS worker replied, "I think so, yes?" Guy starts to :spergin: a bit about how they're already tax-paid items and that the state can't do that, etc. He knows about these things, "... because my accountant told me. He's helped me with all kinds of little things like that. Since I'm way below the poverty line I get all kinds of exemptions and such, especially because of my wife and kid."

After he left, FLGS worker explained to me that the guy is a regular consignment seller. Buys a ton of the latest release, and then sells off the army at 1/4 to 1/2 the original price to help fund some of the purchases for the next new army.

:smith: Dude, if your daughter has to go without juice because you don't have the money, don't buy new Warhams releases and then resell them for a pittance every couple of months. Spend the money on your kid.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Zuul the Cat posted:

This is surprisingly common. One of my friends frequently used to get 'we tried to deliver but you weren't in' cards when he was at home in the living room basically next to the front door, the postmen literally couldn't be bothered bringing the package and knocking so they just carded without trying.

I had a similar issue when I got my gargant shipped, the delivery company reported 'invalid address' and I had to chase them to get it redelivered. When it turned up the original label was still on it and perfectly legible, and was my old office address I'd had tons of other stuff delivered to. I highly suspect the actual issue was it was a big package they didn't feel like delivering. At least in that case I has some time off anyway and could get them to redeliver it to my house.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

Can someone clarify the plaguecasters rule for me? I can't tell if I get the free mortal wound whenever I roll a 7+ on a psychic tests or when I cast a psychic spell which has a difficulty of 7+

If it's the latter I think I'll just run him as a counts-as sorcerer

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Can someone clarify the plaguecasters rule for me? I can't tell if I get the free mortal wound whenever I roll a 7+ on a psychic tests or when I cast a psychic spell which has a difficulty of 7+

If it's the latter I think I'll just run him as a counts-as sorcerer

It's the former. It's a fun little bonus but at a 7" range you're only getting it right before a melee. Still, a free wound on a big target can be clutch. The other difference is +1T and Disgustingly Resilient for only 8pts, which is pretty great. The basic Sorcerer offers customization and Force weapon options, but I prefer the survivability of the "real" Nurgle caster.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

Yeah I had in my head that a chaos sorc was 70-something points, the extra 8 points on the plague caster is well worth it for the survivability.

Giving him the staff relic for d3+1 mortal wounds on rolls of 6-8 and then D6+1 on rolls of 9-12, per turn, sounds pretty nasty.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
Can anybody give me a hand with Primaris scaling?

My local club is running some kind of PRIMARIS-ONLY event, everybody takes one Primaris character. I've ordered the boxed set Lt off eBay because gently caress paying £20 for a model I'm only going to use for this event and airbrush practice.

What scale are the shoulder pads? Standard Marine size, Terminator size or different? And the helmets?

I'm thinking of putting in some conversion work on my dude so he's different to the 10s of other identical Lts I expect, and was wondering if I can use the Emperor's Children FW pads, an old EC metal pad or will have to use the bigger Terminator-scale ones I picked up at Salute.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

glitchkrieg posted:

Can anybody give me a hand with Primaris scaling?

My local club is running some kind of PRIMARIS-ONLY event, everybody takes one Primaris character. I've ordered the boxed set Lt off eBay because gently caress paying £20 for a model I'm only going to use for this event and airbrush practice.

What scale are the shoulder pads? Standard Marine size, Terminator size or different? And the helmets?

I'm thinking of putting in some conversion work on my dude so he's different to the 10s of other identical Lts I expect, and was wondering if I can use the Emperor's Children FW pads, an old EC metal pad or will have to use the bigger Terminator-scale ones I picked up at Salute.

They're exactly the same size as standard marine pads, my captains using one of the old ultramarine ones and the big aquila pad from the vanguard veterans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
Excellent, thank you.