Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i think the brown menace had a brain thing happen like a stroke in the part where you go outside and have a beer or something

edit: a pack of parliaments and a six pack costs like fifteen bucks consider it investment in yr mental wellbeing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

PrBacterio posted:

why would you do this :psyduck:

i want to know the one true secret to gaming journalism

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Putty posted:

*bumps against you*

cuck

;-;

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
weezy kiss a dude
zoe rape a dude

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Putty posted:

i want to know the one true secret to gaming journalism

cuck a beta bro.

Hobo Grandpa
Aug 22, 2014

"Trigger" is my trigger word.

Don Tacorleone posted:

wasn't there supposed to be a large protest at that gaming con this weekend?

So far no sign of it at PAX. That said, 4chan pulled the plug on that idea and instead urged their members to be calm and not act up at PAX, instead email advertisers of the lovely gaming journalism websites. Apparently that's working and advertisers are getting pissed. Or so I hear.

Again hilarious that thusfar, 4chan seems to be the most cool headed and adult in this whole clusterfuck.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

The Brown Menace posted:

lol literally feminism in the middle east where it is needed desperately is impossible, lets focus on video games and terminally depressed people instead

holy poo poo, seriously

of course it's not actually impossible, read the post again

Bifner McDoogle
Mar 31, 2006

"Life unworthy of life" (German: Lebensunwertes Leben) is a pragmatic liberal designation for the segments of the populace which they view as having no right to continue existing, due to the expense of extending them basic human dignity.

The Brown Menace posted:

i mean seriously, just wrap your head around this.

iran, the loving nexus of absolute evil as far as gullible westerners are concerned, allows people to be transgender, up to and including the right to marry, officially, after they had sex-reassignment surgery

meanwhile in the kingdom of saudi arabia, an entire class of schoolgirls was left to perish in a fire because all firefighters on the scene were male

your tax dollars support the latter

you are quiet about this

you pretend you care about feminism and gender equality

keep tweeting about tit armors, you idiots

This is the worst kind of burn.

Like when is the last time someone made fun of a Brony by saying Breaking Bad was on and a better show, instead of making fun of them for being autistic shut-in borderline pedophiles. Long-winded internet arguments about the sexism of only having male heads impaled on sticks in a video game don't need to be compared to clit-cutting for any normal person to realize it's an insane thing to care about. And since when did you need to march with planned parenthood to make fun of idiots on the internet.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
zoe quinn stole my game idea *links to my extremely detailed design document uploaded to google docs in 2009*

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
rumor has it zoe quinn once dumped a man just to see him post....

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

It's pretty insulting to suggest that the situation in the Middle East would improved if only first world feminists turned their attention on it.

I'm sure our foreign offices are listening carefully to white people protesting that they're really loving mad at the news :homebrew:

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
I wanted to see whether the nudes were pre-2010 zoe or post-2010 zoe, and i stumbled upon the tiniest little chuckle.

Her profile on the modelling website says:

note one item on that list is a sign of you being a sexist gently caress:

phil fish definitely was not one of the 5 guys though

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Danger Mahoney posted:

i think the brown menace had a brain thing happen like a stroke in the part where you go outside and have a beer or something

edit: a pack of parliaments and a six pack costs like fifteen bucks consider it investment in yr mental wellbeing

i actually prefer winston lights 100s

please tell me what sort of idiot wrong subhuman i am based on this information. sorry about me being a feminist in the middle east, i guess

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Brown Menace posted:

please tell me what sort of idiot wrong subhuman i am based on this information. sorry about me being a feminist in the middle east, i guess

nah dude thats cool you just seem a little worked up and i thought it would be a good time to have a little breath

i see what ya saying man i agree

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

THE PENETRATOR posted:

zoe quinn stole my game idea *links to my extremely detailed design document uploaded to google docs in 2009*

i wanna cuck you in the rear end

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
movies your into

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ok thats it the beard thing is the last straw I'm all in now.

Where do I get my weapon for the internet war?

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

more poo poo, right now

adam sessler is innocent, DINDU NUFFIN, utterly uninvolved

conspiracy theories are for 4chan only, right?

lol it was merely a ruse! plus he is a "hardcore kid" anyway, so you should listen to him, "hardcore kids" is who you want to listen to

if you believe in irony, then lol here it is

literally gently caress off if you want evidence

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Hobo Grandpa posted:

Again hilarious that thusfar, 4chan seems to be the most cool headed and adult in this whole clusterfuck.

It's not hard when the organizers of gaming blogosphere are just having a big fat meltdown: worship our agenda or else. Or else what? You'll dry the internet up into a boring husk where only old maids chat?

I mean they can go at it but it sure won't change a 15-year-old boy on 4chan into some robot, or a 30-year-old goon into an activist slogan spouting drone.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

also please donate to TFYC, they are 2/3rds through their donation goal, actually helping women in games

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-fine-young-capitalists--2

only roughly $23k more left

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
at the end of the day, zoe quinn is getting 2000/mo, and her ex-bf has been banned from The Something Awful Forums (The Internet Makes You Stupid), the greatest and most 0wnage forum in the entire websphere. God Bless Cyber America And Its Eastern Allies

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

The Brown Menace posted:

you're not an idiot i just think you're confusing how people generally prefer to talk about what they understand from experience and what affects them personally, with apathy for things that don't

name a charity that, in your opinion, advances the freedoms of women in saudi arabia

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

The Brown Menace posted:

camel menthols with the little pop bubble bro, they're awesome

also holy poo poo this stuff is starting to hurt my brain. I didn't realize anything could ever be as self-contradictory as almost every single person arguing this is

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
all you need to take away from this is: Zoe Quinn is a jerk, Gamers suck, Thread Bad

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

name a charity that, in your opinion, advances the freedoms of women in saudi arabia

I would devote whatever I can afford (not loving much ugh) toward such a charity

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
When are they going to come out with this big gamers+ announcement
I can't wait until they solve this feminist crisis once and for all

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Neurolimal posted:

all you need to take away from this is: Zoe Quinn is a jerk, Gamers suck, Thread Bad

oh I realize that

but if you say zoe is a jerk apparently you're a MRA or some poo poo

because you know, it's anti-feminist to think someone is an rear end in a top hat for loving five other guys while in a relationship. it's illegal or something to criticize women who have been the subject of grandeur

usual internet poo poo :shobon:

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
If all of games journalism commits to ignoring TFYC throughout game development and even after game release my sides will explode off my body.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Wikipedia's admins are fighting with each other now over why Zoe's article keeps getting censored:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Administrators%27_noticeboard/Incidents#Zoe_Quinn_again

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Brown Menace posted:

also please donate to TFYC, they are 2/3rds through their donation goal, actually helping women in games

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-fine-young-capitalists--2

only roughly $23k more left

I don't usually like indiegogo compared to Kickstarter but I threw some in anyway when this was originally posted earlier in the saga. Afterlife Empire is extremely my poo poo since Ghost Master 2 will never happen.

I wish there was a bit more discussion of how they want to get the young developers involved, because yeah they are basically stuck in the same "ideas" phase that Zoe Quinn existed in and getting them involved throughout the process of actually creating the game would be key to helping them (especially if all could be involved, even the ones who don't get picked).

The fact that the company in question is in Colombia (so I don't exactly know how these Fine Young Capitalists are gonna be participating with any ease) and itself doesn't have a large amount of experience with video game design I think is a mistake, but it's still a worthwhile project.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

EugeneJ posted:

Wikipedia's admins are fighting with each other now over why Zoe's article keeps getting censored:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Administrators%27_noticeboard/Incidents#Zoe_Quinn_again

Burn internet burn.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
tbh all the games in TFYC besides the zombie one (lol zombies) look boring as hell

i'd rather donate to, like, a legal defense fund for women who get hosed over by game studios, like that lady who was harassed by brad wardell

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
real hosed up for ZQ to release kate upton nudes to redirect the internet's attention

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

EugeneJ posted:

when the aliens arrive in 2038 it is lucky we will still have wiki admins to talk to them

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Kotaku sister-site Deadspin is posting a bunch of those leaked Kate Upton picks because there's a baseball dude involved.

What will Kotaku say about this blatant invasion of privacy?

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
This is great. The Internet is at war, but it's only about stupid poo poo like video games. Like, if only people got this upset over poo poo like, I dunno, police brutality or corruption in politics.

But no, sexism is really important and video games too.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Kate Upton isn't sleeping with their bloggers so they probably don't care

EasternBronze
Jul 19, 2011

I registered for the Selective Service! I'm also racist as fuck!
:downsbravo:
Don't forget to ignore me!
Its like one-two punch of internet drama this weekend. I haven't spent this much time online since basically forever :stare:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

EugeneJ posted:

Jesus, did she suck someone's dick there too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Fenrir posted:

oh I realize that

but if you say zoe is a jerk apparently you're a MRA or some poo poo

because you know, it's anti-feminist to think someone is an rear end in a top hat for loving five other guys while in a relationship. it's illegal or something to criticize women who have been the subject of grandeur

usual internet poo poo :shobon:

my opinion based on professionally not-reading this thread is that zoe quinn probably did jerk stuff to her ex, dickheads blew it up into some vast journalist conspiracy for not reporting on relationship issues (esp. since the claim of nepotism involved a person who didn't review her game, didn't suggest it to any of the other reviewers, and entered a relationship/hosed later after she had the job and poo poo, even if you believe that chatlogs are proof enough the original claim was hilariously shaky at best), and people decided from those dickwads that people are just being lovely to women in videogame stuff (like usual), even though in this case she was indeed a jerk who was terrible to other feminist stuff

now zoe quinn is going to make mad bank off of being a terrible partner + people overreacting in a lovely way due to finally having a chance to sock it to them feminizts

also theres some indiegogo about ghost businesses somewhere in there, its not terribly interesting

• Locked thread