Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

"My tremulous husband" will never not nake me laugh. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

LadyPictureShow posted:

Man, if you search ‘pregnant alcoholic’ you find some doozies.

Do I [28F] keep trying with my tremulous husband [47M]?

:stare:

Best case scenario is still a loving nightmare.

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

YeahTubaMike posted:

I said in one of the unpopular opinion threads that if I were ever pregnant, no one would ever know, and a bunch of goons got mad at me. :shrug: Whatever, my uterus, my rules.

I remember posting a story itt about a woman who was paralyzingly anxious about being pregnant and wanting to abort (her husband basically browbeat her into getting pregnant) and you could tell by the replies which users were men--poo poo like, "Oh she'll be fine, pregnancy is temporary right?" and other retarded BS.

LadyPictureShow posted:

Found the drinking story.

I [31M] believe that my wife [29F], a former alcoholic, has been drinking during her pregnancy, but I can't prove anything and she denies it. What do I do?

quote:

I also started to notice that after she went into the bathroom for a while some nights she would come back more relaxed and sometimes almost like a person who is tipsy. I did take a quick glance at the bathroom, but I didn't find anything.

That's because she's hiding the bottle(s) in the toilet tank. My aunt used to do the same thing before my uncle divorced her. Hope someone points that out to him so he can stop being such a loving idiot and actually find evidence. Otherwise he won't be able to win in Relationship Court. :rolleyes: E: Just saw it was an old one.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Pvt.Scott posted:

Hi! I got better!

So what was it like?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

YeahTubaMike posted:

I said in one of the unpopular opinion threads that if I were ever pregnant, no one would ever know, and a bunch of goons got mad at me. :shrug: Whatever, my uterus, my rules.

This is fair imo as long as you don't then spring a surprise on the father and expect a ton of child support and whatnot out of nowhere. But otherwise yeah.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

extra row of teeth posted:

It could be quite literal if he stopped drinking cold turkey.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Moridin920 posted:

This is fair imo as long as you don't then spring a surprise on the father and expect a ton of child support and whatnot out of nowhere. But otherwise yeah.

By "no one would ever know" I think she means she'd terminate immediately, that was my reading anyway

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

I don't think there's any way to present a child support obligation to a guy that won't upset him. If you only tell him after the birth at least he won't badger you about aborting.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

A ten-year gap when one of the people involved is 18 is pretty ehhhhh, but they're both adults, and he is no longer her supervisor. What the hell. Give it a shot. It probably doesn't go the distance, but she didn't say anything that makes him sound completely insane.

im sure this was covered by now but he is 28 and wants to date a 17 year old which is insane by definition so

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Before you scroll down to read this, please guess how accurate the title is as to what is the real problem.

I (31F) absolutely hate my boyfriend's (33M) job and am giving him an ultimatum to quitRelationships

submitted 2 years ago by throwaway093481

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/45ccmt/i_31f_absolutely_hate_my_boyfriends_33m_job_and/

quote:

My boyfriend and I live in a major city and he works at one of the hip, place-to-be-seen bars downtown. The appeal is not lost on me. He probably averages $21/hr when you include his tips and he works Thursday-Sunday, so he gets a three day weekend. He's worked there for a little over two years.

In the beginning, it seemed like a good idea. He had just turned 30, was working a dead end job and wanted to go back to school. The bar seemed like a really good fit for that. (weekend work, good pay, night hours) I was 100% in support. But then school never happened....

On top of that, the health insurance sucks. I had to drag him to the dentist last year for a cavity that required extraction. The dentist told him he had seven more in varying stages of decay and he needed to start a treatment plan. He hasn't gotten a single one filled because he said his dental plan only covers half (So they'd be like a $100/tooth) and it's too expensive.

Speaking of health insurance.... he is a big man who works with mostly women. One night he had to intervene with an aggressive bar guest who told him "he'd be sorry." Later that week when he was closing up and leaving the bar, someone sucker punched him from behind and knocked him out. A good Samaritan found him unconscious in the parking lot and called 911. When I got to the hospital, it looked like he'd been kicked in the face a couple times as well. His eyebrow was split open and his cheek was swelled up. He had an ambulance ride, three sets of stitches, a cat scan and an overnight hospital stay to the tune of $3000 after insurance. Even though he promises he'll talk to the hospital about doing a bill plan, he hasn't. All of the hospital bills are in collection.

He doesn't get any sort of paid time off. He can't request a day off either. If he can't find someone to work his shift, then he has to do it. That awesome three day weekend vacation I planned a month in advance? No one can cover his Saturday, so we can't do it.

I don't even know if it's worth dirtying my hands with an ultimatum. I could just be projecting my unhappiness with our relationship as a whole and making it about his job. Part of me feels like we should be adults and acknowledge that we want different things out of life right now. My feelings are hurt because I tried to get him on my (better) health insurance at work for his teeth, but since we're not married, it was denied. When I told him this and asked what the new plan was, he snapped "Would you just drop it?"

In his defense, we aren't having much sex anymore. We still cuddle, do activities, but I feel myself withdrawing from him. We are both in our thirties and whenever marriage/commitment has come up, I get very evasive answers. "I just enjoy tormenting my parents with the idea that I'll never get married." If I press for more of a timeline, he'll ask what the's rush. We've been together three years. I've known him five. I just came back from a wedding (alone, he couldn't get time off) and I can't shake off this sadness. It's there when I get off work, and there when I wake up in the morning. This isn't the relationship I thought I would have at this point in my life.

Thanks for reading, reddit. Sorry to end on such a debbie downer feeling.

tl;dr: My boyfriend is essentially choosing his job over me time and time again.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Doc Hawkins posted:

How do I ask classmates to stop asking me to hang out?[M12-13]
saying-no friendship sweden

"My mom won't let me."

Problem solved. Next.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

SpazmasterX posted:

So what was it like?

Pretty miserable and terrifying. Imagine laying in bed all day because you can’t stop thinking about how maybe your parents just died in a car crash and how horrible that is and how it’s going to affect everything and how much you’ll miss them and... Imagine your chest getting tight and then you start to sweat at the thought of going outside and having to interact with the chaos of the world. Imagine being so high-strung that nearby conversations, or mildly loud noises cause you to flinch constantly.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

pidan posted:

I don't think there's any way to present a child support obligation to a guy that won't upset him. If you only tell him after the birth at least he won't badger you about aborting.

That seems kind of misandrous of you? Do you mean only in accidental pregnancy situations or... ?

Also kinda funny considering the original comment in the quote chain;

quote:

That's like the fourth? post itt about a man deciding for the couple that The Child Will Be Kept and then being upset that their incubator is deviating from The Plan. It's so slimy and I really wish that abortions were not only easier to obtain, but that more women felt comfortable getting them.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My [29F] best friend [30F] of fifteen years is siding with the woman [30sF] who assaulted me at her bachelorette party this weekend. How do I move on?

tl;dr I was assaulted at my best friend's bachelorette party this weekend and left with serious injuries including a broken wrist. My best friend has sided with my attacker because they are coworkers and she wants to "focus on the good and keep her career safe." I am devastated.

Chloe and I have been best friends since seventh grade. We have been close the entire time and have considered each other sisters since our children were born one right after another. We have never had a significant argument and almost always see eye to eye. In the rare instance that we do disagree, we are excellent at communicating our problems and resolving them immediately.

Chloe's bachelorette party was this weekend. There were about fifteen girls around the pool at the hotel and we were all having a great time. There was alcohol available but I can't drink in excess because of a health condition, so I had one mimosa early and called it a day. About an hour after the event started, Chloe's coworker Marissa arrived with her twelve year old daughter Daphne. Daphne was not invited; in fact, children were explicitly prohibited because of the nature of the event.

Chloe is a very nonconfrontational person and the rest of us didn't want to sour the day, so we did our best to keep Daphne entertained. Because I was the only sober one, I ended up being the one that was looking after Daphne while her mother began to drink heavily so that she could "play catch up". While I was irritated, I didn't want to make a scene. At this point, it had been about an hour since Marissa and Daphne had arrived and I realized that Marissa had disappeared. I told Chloe that I was going to find Marissa because we were supposed to be playing drinking games and had a stripper planned for later, and those are obviously not activities that I wanted to be babysitting an uninvited minor for. Chloe agreed and I left the pool.

I found Marissa in one of the cabanas at the complex's other pool with a man. I told her to finish up and come get her daughter because it wasn't my responsibility to babysit and she told me to gently caress off, a response that I was expecting given how drunk she was. I waited for Marissa outside of the pool to make sure she actually came and when she appeared again about fifteen minutes later, she was clearly angry. She crowded me back against the fence and started yelling at me to mind my own business. I told her that I had had every intention of not getting involved but that it wasn't my job to parent her child at my best friend's bachelorette party.

That's about the last thing I remember. I must have triggered some deep seeded rage because the next thing I knew, I was flat on my back with people crowded around me. My ribs are deeply bruised, my face is rashed up from the pavement, and most seriously of all, my wrist is broken and will probably require surgery. Marissa left with Daphne before the police arrived and I was taken to the hospital in an ambulance.

This was two days ago. The police reports have been filed, DCF has been called by another member of our party because Marissa was slapping Daphne and pulling her hair on the way back to the car allegedly, and my life has been completely turned upside. My body feels like it was hit by a Mack truck. I cannot work (I'm a barista). I cannot clean my house or take care of my children or walk my dog.

Worst of all, however, is how Chloe has responded to all of this. Not only has she treated my injuries as if they're not as serious as they are, she has sided with Marissa and agreed with her that I shouldn't have "gotten into her business," and that is wasn't my place to decide what her daughter did or didn't need. She's also gone on to say that she thinks me pressing charges is selfish and the fact that I would endanger Marissa's career over "a drunken spat" is ridiculous.

Reddit, I don't know how to process this. My best friend has always had my back. She has always loved me and taken care of me. I am a clear victim here. Even if it wasn't my place to tell Marissa that she needed to watch her own child, attacking me is a crime and an insane response to being confronted. I know that this relationship is over. I know that the worst moment of my life is something that I'm going to have to remember without the knowledge that my best friend was there to help me through it. Every other girl that was there is on my side and completely in defense of me. When Marissa inevitably goes to jail for this, and subsequently loses her job, what do I do?

I can accept my fault here. I should have put my foot down from the start. I shouldn't have confronted Marissa. I shouldn't have been alone with her after she had been drinking. Why is this happening? What happened to my sweet, gentle, kind best friend?

Thank you.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My [29F] best friend [30F] of fifteen years is siding with the woman [30sF] who assaulted me at her bachelorette party this weekend. How do I move on?

tl;dr I was assaulted at my best friend's bachelorette party this weekend and left with serious injuries including a broken wrist. My best friend has sided with my attacker because they are coworkers and she wants to "focus on the good and keep her career safe." I am devastated.

Chloe and I have been best friends since seventh grade. We have been close the entire time and have considered each other sisters since our children were born one right after another. We have never had a significant argument and almost always see eye to eye. In the rare instance that we do disagree, we are excellent at communicating our problems and resolving them immediately.

Chloe's bachelorette party was this weekend. There were about fifteen girls around the pool at the hotel and we were all having a great time. There was alcohol available but I can't drink in excess because of a health condition, so I had one mimosa early and called it a day. About an hour after the event started, Chloe's coworker Marissa arrived with her twelve year old daughter Daphne. Daphne was not invited; in fact, children were explicitly prohibited because of the nature of the event.

Chloe is a very nonconfrontational person and the rest of us didn't want to sour the day, so we did our best to keep Daphne entertained. Because I was the only sober one, I ended up being the one that was looking after Daphne while her mother began to drink heavily so that she could "play catch up". While I was irritated, I didn't want to make a scene. At this point, it had been about an hour since Marissa and Daphne had arrived and I realized that Marissa had disappeared. I told Chloe that I was going to find Marissa because we were supposed to be playing drinking games and had a stripper planned for later, and those are obviously not activities that I wanted to be babysitting an uninvited minor for. Chloe agreed and I left the pool.

I found Marissa in one of the cabanas at the complex's other pool with a man. I told her to finish up and come get her daughter because it wasn't my responsibility to babysit and she told me to gently caress off, a response that I was expecting given how drunk she was. I waited for Marissa outside of the pool to make sure she actually came and when she appeared again about fifteen minutes later, she was clearly angry. She crowded me back against the fence and started yelling at me to mind my own business. I told her that I had had every intention of not getting involved but that it wasn't my job to parent her child at my best friend's bachelorette party.

That's about the last thing I remember. I must have triggered some deep seeded rage because the next thing I knew, I was flat on my back with people crowded around me. My ribs are deeply bruised, my face is rashed up from the pavement, and most seriously of all, my wrist is broken and will probably require surgery. Marissa left with Daphne before the police arrived and I was taken to the hospital in an ambulance.

This was two days ago. The police reports have been filed, DCF has been called by another member of our party because Marissa was slapping Daphne and pulling her hair on the way back to the car allegedly, and my life has been completely turned upside. My body feels like it was hit by a Mack truck. I cannot work (I'm a barista). I cannot clean my house or take care of my children or walk my dog.

Worst of all, however, is how Chloe has responded to all of this. Not only has she treated my injuries as if they're not as serious as they are, she has sided with Marissa and agreed with her that I shouldn't have "gotten into her business," and that is wasn't my place to decide what her daughter did or didn't need. She's also gone on to say that she thinks me pressing charges is selfish and the fact that I would endanger Marissa's career over "a drunken spat" is ridiculous.

Reddit, I don't know how to process this. My best friend has always had my back. She has always loved me and taken care of me. I am a clear victim here. Even if it wasn't my place to tell Marissa that she needed to watch her own child, attacking me is a crime and an insane response to being confronted. I know that this relationship is over. I know that the worst moment of my life is something that I'm going to have to remember without the knowledge that my best friend was there to help me through it. Every other girl that was there is on my side and completely in defense of me. When Marissa inevitably goes to jail for this, and subsequently loses her job, what do I do?

I can accept my fault here. I should have put my foot down from the start. I shouldn't have confronted Marissa. I shouldn't have been alone with her after she had been drinking. Why is this happening? What happened to my sweet, gentle, kind best friend?

Thank you.

quote:

I am the maid of honor. I am no longer attending the wedding.

Hell yeah

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

quote:

Press charges! Then go after her for bodily injury and lost wages. Sorry about your friend.

quote:

My husband actually works for a personal injury attorney and has been saying the same thing, but I've been so heavily medicated that the thought of a lawsuit was completely overwhelming. Thank you.

Salt the earth!

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

In the comments, OP mentions that this is Chloe's third marriage.

I assumed you didn't really go all out for a shower on marriage #3?

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Smirking_Serpent posted:

found your answer, op.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

extra row of teeth posted:

i keep wondering wtf she MEANT

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

InediblePenguin posted:

"tremendous", the buried lede is guy's an easy 10ft

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I (22F) am in an interracial relationship with my bf (22M) and we have conversations that leave me disheartened about his views on race.

So, I’ve known my BF since we were 15. We went to boarding school together and dated. We then broke up, went to different colleges, he transferred to mine for unrelated reason and we got back together. We have been going strong for a little over 2 years, but this issue has been bugging me for a long time.

I’m Black and consider myself a very far leaning liberal. He’s White and is more in the middle aka he feels the need to play “devils advocate” when I talk about certain topics (trans rights, racism, economics). We live in the Deep South and I have had to face a lot of racism coming from a poor single mother house hold in a rural community. He grew up in upper middle class suburbia and from his own admission has never really had to think about race before we started dating in high school.

So I just started a new job and am close friends with my boss. I wasn’t previously hired because our regional manager had an issue with how I formatted reports and other extremely minor criticisms that normally wouldn’t cost someone a job. She no longer works for the company, so he hired me immediately after she left. After taking this new position I have been told by 3 separate coworkers that they think she didn’t give it to me because I was black. Now, I am pretty sensitive about job discrimination because I have had a boss try to fire me because of it. And I’m not just saying this to cover my rear end. I’m a diligent worker, I’ve never been written up or given a formal complaint, and I have been steadily promoted in the field I’m in. When I told him about how upset I was that this might be the case his response was “this honestly reflects more poorly on your coworkers. This makes me think less of them than, (regional manager).Why would they tell you that?”

For me it’s obvious why. I’m a hard worker and formatting errors shouldn’t prevent me from getting a job. They’re not instigating they’re informing me because she no longer works for the company so it’s not bringing any workplace drama. They brought it up independently in private, off the clock conversations we’ve had.

Also, I told an anecdote about a racist thing my mother said about Cubans in Miami and he started playing “devils advocate” for her. I just don’t understand why. It’s my mother, she had a moment of ignorance, but it was still ignorance and she be recognized as such. You can’t go around stereotyping people based on limited knowledge and preconceived notions. I started grilling him about his comments and just he just said “IDK, I don’t know how to talk about these things.”

It’s important that we do talk though! It’s concerning that he doesn’t get it. He doesn’t understand the value of information when I’m being discriminated against, or the fact that it’s totally unnecessary to play devils advocate when I’m having a personal conversation with him about racism. He hasn’t had to deal with it to the extent I have and instead of pursuing an open dialogue with me about race he prefers to not discuss it. It’s frustrating because that’s an option for him, but not for me. I mean, I’m still getting denied jobs in 2018 BECAUSE IM BLACK. I love him and I know he has a good heart but conversations like these make me question whether he’s really prepared to have a fully cohesive life with a black woman or have black kids. These conversations can’t be avoided.

Any advice would be lovely : )

tl;dr: my boyfriend doesn’t understand the reality of the racism I experience and is still trying distance himself from those conversation. It makes me feel insecure in the relationship and I don’t know how to tackle it.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Reddit, I don't know how to process this. My best friend has always had my back. She has always loved me and taken care of me.

Time to update this theory based on new evidence, I think.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

When Marissa inevitably goes to jail for this, and subsequently loses her job, what do I do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2lZB3ook7A

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

In the comments, OP mentions that this is Chloe's third marriage.

I assumed you didn't really go all out for a shower on marriage #3?

The buried lede is that at the start of the story I assumed everyone was normal people and by the end I reaized they were actually goblins.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I (22F) am in an interracial relationship with my bf (22M) and we have conversations that leave me disheartened about his views on race.

Don't date, befriend, or otherwise tolerate "moderates"

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I can accept my fault here.

This line made me so mad. ‘I can accept my fault in some drunk rear end in a top hat beating on me because I had the audacity to confront her about being a poo poo parent for getting hammered and abandoning her 12 y/o at a bachelorette party’. You did absolutely nothing wrong!

Glad to see she’s not going to the wedding and is looking to press charges and that every other guest/witness isn’t a complete moron like the ‘best friend’.

E:

InediblePenguin posted:

She clarified she meant ‘tulmultuous’ but that’s an A+ Freudian slip

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Guy (28m) I’m (27f) Seeing is going on trip with girl he used to sleep with.

I (27F) have been seeing a guy (28M, let’s call him B) pretty seriously for about three months. Things are going great I really like him and haven’t had a connection like this in years. B has a lot of girl friends (mostly from work) and that has not bothered me until a few weeks ago when I found out he used to “be involved” with one of his closer girl friends (let’s call her G). This came out accidentally at a bar and I don’t feel like he was hiding it from me per se, but he probably would have rather I not know. As background, he’s a chef and the girl is a waitress at the same restaurant. They hang out one-on-one quite a bit and while it is not ideal, I can deal with that. Last week he told me that he was going on a trip with G, her friend, and her friend’s boyfriend to G’s family’s beach house and I cannot help but feel extremely uncomfortable with this. I voiced that I didn’t like the situation and even asked why I wasn’t invited and he avoided the subject and just tried to assure me that I could trust him and it was just a night to get away from the restaurant and that it’s just a friends trip.

I have a tendency to over analyze and worry, so I’m trying to check myself before getting upset and giving up on this relationship. My biggest fear would be that I am being used (I make 2-3x more than him, so I pay for most things between us). I have a demanding career, so I don’t have time to get used and hurt down the road. I’m not sure if this is pertinent information, but I’ve been cheated on in the past so I do have trust concerns.

Am I completely out of line to be upset by this? I know we’ve only been seeing each other a short time compared to someone he’s been friends with for over a year, but I can’t help but be unhappy with the situation. Is there anything I can say to him without making it seem like he’s choosing between me and G?

TLDR: Guy I have been seeing is going on a trip with 3 friends, one of whom he used to sleep with. I am not being invited. Is it okay to be concerned? Should I be more vocal about my hesitations?

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Smirking_Serpent posted:

comment from OP:

quote:

She's failed me so many times that I'm sure she'll be the one to put me in my grave so that she's the last one to let me down.

oof

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Open your heart and put your faith in Pete

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Guy (28m) I’m (27f) Seeing is going on trip with girl he used to sleep with.

I (27F) have been seeing a guy (28M, let’s call him B) pretty seriously for about three months. Things are going great I really like him and haven’t had a connection like this in years. B has a lot of girl friends (mostly from work) and that has not bothered me until a few weeks ago when I found out he used to “be involved” with one of his closer girl friends (let’s call her G). This came out accidentally at a bar and I don’t feel like he was hiding it from me per se, but he probably would have rather I not know. As background, he’s a chef and the girl is a waitress at the same restaurant. They hang out one-on-one quite a bit and while it is not ideal, I can deal with that. Last week he told me that he was going on a trip with G, her friend, and her friend’s boyfriend to G’s family’s beach house and I cannot help but feel extremely uncomfortable with this. I voiced that I didn’t like the situation and even asked why I wasn’t invited and he avoided the subject and just tried to assure me that I could trust him and it was just a night to get away from the restaurant and that it’s just a friends trip.

I have a tendency to over analyze and worry, so I’m trying to check myself before getting upset and giving up on this relationship. My biggest fear would be that I am being used (I make 2-3x more than him, so I pay for most things between us). I have a demanding career, so I don’t have time to get used and hurt down the road. I’m not sure if this is pertinent information, but I’ve been cheated on in the past so I do have trust concerns.

Am I completely out of line to be upset by this? I know we’ve only been seeing each other a short time compared to someone he’s been friends with for over a year, but I can’t help but be unhappy with the situation. Is there anything I can say to him without making it seem like he’s choosing between me and G?

TLDR: Guy I have been seeing is going on a trip with 3 friends, one of whom he used to sleep with. I am not being invited. Is it okay to be concerned? Should I be more vocal about my hesitations?

'Used' to sleep with

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
[Canada] Bought something intimate at a sex shop. Former high school classmate leaked my purchase

quote:

QC, Canada.

I bought a penis pump at a sex shop. It turns out that my ex classmate, someone who I really didn't get along with in high school (10+ years ago) is the manager there, and he pulled a security cam screenshot of me at the counter with the item (my face is visible) + a picture of the receipt (I guess they printed a copy).

He posted it to Facebook, and tagged a bunch of mutual friends. (Maybe noteworthy: most comments were calling him a douche but there were some big laughs).

Question: This particular sex shop has a ton of "no photography/no cellphones/no cameras" signs posted everywhere. My assumption is that I've got no recourse but is there any chance those signs apply to the business as well?

This all happened on Saturday. But today in the office someone has already made an offhand joke about it and this is just so very reminiscent of high school when this rear end in a top hat was bullying me back then. I just want to know if there's anything I can do about this. Honestly I'm not a super sensitive guy but this is infuriating.

I plan to contact the corporate office (it's a franchise) but before I do so, I'd like to know my options.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

loquacius posted:

By "no one would ever know" I think she means she'd terminate immediately, that was my reading anyway

This is exactly what I meant. I'd abort without telling anyone (maybe I'd tell my mom after for emotional support idk).

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

La Brea Carpet posted:

[Canada] Bought something intimate at a sex shop. Former high school classmate leaked my purchase

What are Canada’s laws on privacy and defamation?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

VanSandman posted:

What are Canada’s laws on privacy and defamation?

According to Canadian redditors what that guy did was technically illegal tho who knows how easy it would to actually pursue a case. They have at least convinced him to get the guy fired if nothing else.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Dude should be fired for sure. It might win some cash in civil court but idk if worth pursuing really. It's not like there are damages.

The_end
May 17, 2014

La Brea Carpet posted:

Looks like i would be owning a sex shop after the lawyers got done.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

La Brea Carpet posted:

Take a picture of whatever letter the corporate office sends after they can his rear end and post it on Facebook.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

CheesyDog posted:

Update on my bf's vibrating butt (self.sex)

submitted 6 hours ago by literatelier

/r/relationships: I slowly realized - he was totally masturbating me in sync with his vibrating butt!!

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

La Brea Carpet posted:

I'm pretty sure that if penis pumps actually worked you'd be able to buy them at any pharmacy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Beachcomber posted:

I'm pretty sure that if penis pumps actually worked you'd be able to buy them at any pharmacy.

We’ve been able to cure micropenis for years, but BIG PHARMA keeps quashing it before it goes to market