Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

What the gently caress do you do for work that you don't get in early and work your rear end off all day?

E: yeah I think I'll give the morning workout a try for a week or two. I do have a fairly physical job (it varies sometimes) so we'll see how I fare.

Going to bed early sucks but it’s one of the most important things you can do if you want to at all maintain going that early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Zev posted:

I think I need a sport. I keep falling off the wagon with my lifting. Part of me wants to be strong, but another part knows I just want it for vanity. Maybe if I had something to do with it, I would be more diligent with my training.

Thoughts/suggestions?

i just did a powerlifting meet and can highly recommend not wanting to embarrass yourself in front of strangers as a motivational tool

(though seriously it's fun as hell)

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
I'm an anesthesiologist so I usually have to be in at work by about 0630, which means working out at 0500, which means waking up at 0445, but it's worth it and I feel great all day but I need to be in bed by about 2045 or 2100 or else I feel like poo poo and my gains get bad.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

I'm an anesthesiologist so I usually have to be in at work by about 0630, which means working out at 0500, which means waking up at 0445, but it's worth it and I feel great all day but I need to be in bed by about 2045 or 2100 or else I feel like poo poo and my gains get bad.

*bro looks at notice board covered in red string with a link between GET ENOUGH SLEEP and GAINS*

what can it mean???

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

MikeCrotch posted:

*bro looks at notice board covered in red string with a link between GET ENOUGH SLEEP and GAINS*

what can it mean???

:iiam:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

drat the guys who wake up early are cranky af lol

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

I roll out of bed no later than 2:30 PM no matter what. Discipline is key

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i got a smartwatch so now i can feel bad about my lack of quality sleep every morning

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I do that without a smartwatch.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost
He needs a smart watch becasue he's a DUMB PSOTER!!!!!!!!!

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Cosmik Slop posted:

I roll out of bed no later than 2:30 PM no matter what. Discipline is key

Agreedo

Get up at the crack o’noon or the day is wasted

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Chinatown posted:

i got a smartwatch so now i can feel bad about my lack of quality sleep every morning

I got one, and I found out that I wake up for about ten minutes in the middle of the night and wander around the house. It was consistent as far back as the watch had kept track of my sleep.

When I asked my wife about it, she casually confirmed it and told me that I wake up in the middle of the night and check all the door locks and mumble to myself. I guess a couple of times I've even locked myself in the guest bathroom and she's had to rescue me. Apparently I've been doing it for over 15 years.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

N'thing the start competing thing with lifting or join a club that's into it. Nice having a group of fellow lifters to keep it going.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Rad-daddio posted:

I got one, and I found out that I wake up for about ten minutes in the middle of the night and wander around the house. It was consistent as far back as the watch had kept track of my sleep.

When I asked my wife about it, she casually confirmed it and told me that I wake up in the middle of the night and check all the door locks and mumble to myself. I guess a couple of times I've even locked myself in the guest bathroom and she's had to rescue me. Apparently I've been doing it for over 15 years.

Your wife never thought about bringing this up in casual conversation? What the gently caress kind of other weird habits do you have that sleepwalking didn't even register that high?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Helios Grime posted:

Your wife never thought about bringing this up in casual conversation? What the gently caress kind of other weird habits do you have that sleepwalking didn't even register that high?

yeah he probably even makes eye contact with other people in the gym. yeesh!

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

Chinatown posted:

I only make eye contact over 2 mirrors or more in my gym. Anything lower gets way too personal.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Helios Grime posted:

I only make eye contact over 2 mirrors or more in my gym. Anything lower gets way too personal.

same except i do this to look at butts. #notcreepingbutcreeping

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

I've done nothing of these things apart of the timeframe and got similar results, did I cheat?

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I hit 370 for 4 at probably rpe 9.something on deads tonight. Not too bad for not being able to eat solid foods all week. Definitely feel like I lost some bench press strength tho. Gonna see if Nuckols can work some magic with the 3x bench program. OHP is going on the back burner, but it will still be burning.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
https://i.imgur.com/Nq4D7hK.mp4

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

Cut to Silent Bob at the funeral, weeping

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
here i was just thinking it would be cool to learn how to snatch

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Needs to do more OHP.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

im the slippers

Mustached Demon posted:

Needs to do more OHP.

you are making the assumption that he has ever done one rep on OHP.

either that or he suffered some injury, because even if you fail out you should have enough to push the bar away from you. he just totally collapses.

e: oh, he literally jumps during his upward motion. lol.

Chinatown fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Oct 15, 2018

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Chinatown posted:

im the slippers

you are making the assumption that he has ever done one rep on OHP.

either that or he suffered some injury, because even if you fail out you should have enough to push the bar away from you. he just totally collapses.

e: oh, he literally jumps during his upward motion. lol.

Feet should leave the platform during the second pull but this fellas jumping forward instead of moving them into catch position. Bar path probably isn't very vertical. So instead of bailing at the apex like a normal person this guy tried to muscle the 90kg into the catch/over center position.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Is that the latest stretching routine from Van Damme's coach in Kickboxer?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

At least he's over the fear of getting under the bar.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

And that's why plates are that size.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Trip report: woke up at 0350. Took a poo poo. Went to gym and worked out. Took another poo poo, then showered. Vomited on the way in to work. Got to work on time.

Functioning as intended.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Chinatown posted:

w-wait, you're not supposed to do that? I guess I'm not allowed to bare my teeth to reserve a machine either....

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

Trip report: woke up at 0350. Took a poo poo. Went to gym and worked out. Took another poo poo, then showered. Vomited on the way in to work. Got to work on time.

Functioning as intended.

The only good puke in the way to work, is hangover as hell, from exercising that is a big no no.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
It was all water. Apparently my stomach can't handle my usual gym water + protein shake intake at 4 AM.

E: I may have also went to bed drunk off Costco rum last night too.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

It was all water. Apparently my stomach can't handle my usual gym water + protein shake intake at 4 AM.

E: I may have also went to bed drunk off Costco rum last night too.

My man.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89FuwGV4h-0

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Good lord... I'm a fan.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

I had probably a 40# breakthrough in my squat from watching her breathing and form.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

I had probably a 40# breakthrough in my squat from watching her breathing and form.

I can't seem to find the right spot for low bar.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

The thing she really broke open for me was the dinosaur arms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

God, could she make it look any easier?