Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
So I'm thinking of joining this event late to have a better chance of Iron Fist covers. Any particular tricks to making that work? How long do people usually wait to join?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
You can try following the d3 forums and sometimes people keep a thread going where people will check in about how stale/fresh a time slice bracket currently is.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
What Snazzy Frocks said. In addition, if you can also time it so that you get into a fresh bracket an hour or so before the current sub-event for that event is due to end, you can get a huge head start on progress that people joining even an hour later than you are missing out on. That's what got me first place in the recent Enemy of the State (also nobody giving a poo poo about Invisible Woman but still)

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Snazzy Frocks posted:

You can try following the d3 forums and sometimes people keep a thread going where people will check in about how stale/fresh a time slice bracket currently is.

Ug, I've been trying and I keep getting spots in the 900s. "Oh, it's been 6 hours since they said they had 970 people, surely it's full by now" Nope, I'm #999.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

gently caress. Managed a full 30-odd days away from this game. Thought I was free and clear. Iron Fist is my favorite Marvel character. gently caress.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

head58 posted:

gently caress. Managed a full 30-odd days away from this game. Thought I was free and clear. Iron Fist is my favorite Marvel character. gently caress.

Yeah they dragged me back in with the DP Dailies. I thought I was clean. :smith:

e: There's something hosed with the Prodigal Sun scaling. I got an average of lvl 150 mooks until the last mission, where I fought a level 40 Punisher with two 40 mooks, after having fought a level 166 Punisher with appropriately scaled support in the previous mission. Weird.

AnonSpore fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Feb 26, 2015

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

AnonSpore posted:

Yeah they dragged me back in with the DP Dailies. I thought I was clean. :smith:

e: There's something hosed with the Prodigal Sun scaling. I got an average of lvl 150 mooks until the last mission, where I fought a level 40 Punisher with two 40 mooks, after having fought a level 166 Punisher with appropriately scaled support in the previous mission. Weird.

hosed up enemy level scaling is one of the many reasons I hate Prodigal Sun. It's at its worst in the final chapter at Thunderbolts mountain, I swear to god every time I go in with teams in the 90s and I face enemy teams in the 130s, I get slaughtered every time I try.

psivamp
Sep 6, 2011

I am expert in shadowy field of many things.
I think I've found my Deadpool team for now. OBW, 2* Cap and 2* Thor. Grab up as much yellow as I can early to drop 664 in protect tiles, use OBW's blue to keep mooks from landing attacks or heal if I actually need it. Hit OBW's purple whenever it comes up, save up everything else until it's close to max and then use it on the actual hero waves.

I came out of today's gauntlet with OBW down about half and negligible damage on the other two. Other plus, the Deadpool cover finally let me get my first 3* past level 70 where my 2 single cover 4*'s are.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
My taco gave me another deadpool, I wonder if the odds are higher for that.

What are the "deadpool" points he references when you fight with him?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
What levels do you 2* guys face in the 3* cover wave? I wonder how scaled it is because I only fight levels 125-134 even though I have a pretty solid 3* roster.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

LorneReams posted:

What are the "deadpool" points he references when you fight with him?

They're for his purple cover. If you get over a certain amount the damage gets beyond insane.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Scyantific posted:

They're for his purple cover. If you get over a certain amount the damage gets beyond insane.

It's not so much beyond insane damage as it is instant win at any level/# of covers, although I'm not sure if anyone has tried it against Elektra's black damage avoidance.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

fishtobaskets posted:

What levels do you 2* guys face in the 3* cover wave? I wonder how scaled it is because I only fight levels 125-134 even though I have a pretty solid 3* roster.

I'm pretty sure the whole deadpool daily is fixed regardless of your personal roster's level range.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

LorneReams posted:

The five three stars have a chance of 2% while the two stars are at 6.8%.

psivamp posted:

I think I've found my Deadpool team for now. OBW, 2* Cap and 2* Thor. Grab up as much yellow as I can early to drop 664 in protect tiles, use OBW's blue to keep mooks from landing attacks or heal if I actually need it. Hit OBW's purple whenever it comes up, save up everything else until it's close to max and then use it on the actual hero waves.

I came out of today's gauntlet with OBW down about half and negligible damage on the other two. Other plus, the Deadpool cover finally let me get my first 3* past level 70 where my 2 single cover 4*'s are.

I've been lazy and just been doing 2* mag/storm and just spamming polarity shift/wind storm combos.
Works well if I make sure that I get the first turn of each wave, otherwise I tend to get instant death.

triad
Jan 6, 2007

YOU KNEADED SOMEONE TO BLAME, SO YOU CRUST IT ON ME
The DP dailies are really making it feel like I'm finally getting some traction with my 3 stars, I've been able to get a couple of my 3 stars up into the 90s, feels good man. Also, I'm within 300 points of the heroic ten pack for this pvp season

I really want to get some more cyclops covers, I wasn't a big fan of wolverine but he's great if you pair him with cyclops and obw. It only takes a few turns to get enough yellows and greens to use mutant revolutionary and get some red ap, then generate a shitload of strike tiles with the wolverine's quick green ability. espionage gets you a bunch of black for cyclops' nuke, and cyclops' yellow gets you a bunch of red ap for wolverine's nuke.

Any other good combos you all have been using like that?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I dunno how I just now realized this, but if you've got a Don and Muscle on the same team, the muscle won't use their tommy guns as long as the don can use his blue skill... except the don will also hold off on using his blue skill as long as the muscle can use theirs. Dunno if I'd have made it through some of these nodes without it.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
The most expensive ability that can be cast at any given time will be cast unless there's a more expensive ability that the AI may or may not hold out for. Thats the only logic the game has that I'm aware of. I'm sort of convinced that the AI will also cast something if it is sure to kill the hero you have in front but that may just be confirmation bias.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Snazzy Frocks posted:

The most expensive ability that can be cast at any given time will be cast unless there's a more expensive ability that the AI may or may not hold out for. Thats the only logic the game has that I'm aware of. I'm sort of convinced that the AI will also cast something if it is sure to kill the hero you have in front but that may just be confirmation bias.

Yeah I know, but this was really weird because a don and two muscle were sitting on 30 blue ap the entire match long.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I've seen that too. I think it bugs out on casting things when they hit 30 AP like that

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

AnonSpore posted:

I dunno how I just now realized this

On that theme, I just finally realized this morning that you can stack boosts with the BOOST MORE button on the boost/team-up select screen.

According to my SHIELD resupply screen, this is day #380. So that's how long it took me to figure that out.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
First run through the first area of Prodigal Sun and the enemies towards the end were already level 250+? I've got bad times ahead, don't I? :smith:

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

triad posted:

The DP dailies are really making it feel like I'm finally getting some traction with my 3 stars, I've been able to get a couple of my 3 stars up into the 90s, feels good man. Also, I'm within 300 points of the heroic ten pack for this pvp season

I really want to get some more cyclops covers, I wasn't a big fan of wolverine but he's great if you pair him with cyclops and obw. It only takes a few turns to get enough yellows and greens to use mutant revolutionary and get some red ap, then generate a shitload of strike tiles with the wolverine's quick green ability. espionage gets you a bunch of black for cyclops' nuke, and cyclops' yellow gets you a bunch of red ap for wolverine's nuke.

Any other good combos you all have been using like that?

For 2*, storm/mags/hawkeye works better than anything else I've tried. It's crazy fast, tons of dmg, a stun and you get bonus colors on red & green. The only drawback is tankiness, but most of the time they don't even need it because the match is over so quick. Works equally well vs. Goons and heroes.

In 3*, daken(or patch)/blade/falcon makes a fun pve killer, as does patch/OBW/mohawk. Lazycap would probably also work great in place of patch, since he can take out countdowns. I like patch vs. Goons tho because his green doesnt immediately get you killed since goons dont match tiles.

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Feb 26, 2015

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

21st Cherry boy posted:

First run through the first area of Prodigal Sun and the enemies towards the end were already level 250+? I've got bad times ahead, don't I? :smith:

Yeah, Prodigal Sun is pretty crazy.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

So, question.

If I have two characters capped at the same level (for example, OBW and M. Hawkeye) and those two characters are tied in damage output for some tile colors (for example, their purple and blue tiles), what determines which of the characters 'controls' that tile on the board? In the given situation, you would ideally want OBW to control them for espionage's effects, but they seem to be controlled by Hawkeye when I put them on a board together.

Similarly, I'm afraid to level up my 3* Storm to max level, because I don't want her to pair with Hulk and control the black and green tiles, taking away his ability to do what he does best and tank for half the board.

Anyone know what the mechanics here are?

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me
Assuming their match damage for a color is equal, the "tanking" priority is middle, left, then right. The most useful example I can think of is Hulk and Patch. Both have the same green and red damage, so put Hulk in the left slot and Patch in the right. Then fire berserker rage for laughs!

psivamp
Sep 6, 2011

I am expert in shadowy field of many things.

shadok posted:

On that theme, I just finally realized this morning that you can stack boosts with the BOOST MORE button on the boost/team-up select screen.

According to my SHIELD resupply screen, this is day #380. So that's how long it took me to figure that out.

Wha- Oh, I guess that's cool. I suppose that makes sense... otherwise why bother just getting +1 AP on two colors.
Oh well.

Goldom
Feb 19, 2009

The governor has given a rats-alert advising people to stay in their homes.

Wet Biscuit McGlee posted:

Assuming their match damage for a color is equal, the "tanking" priority is middle, left, then right. The most useful example I can think of is Hulk and Patch. Both have the same green and red damage, so put Hulk in the left slot and Patch in the right. Then fire berserker rage for laughs!

For some reason it never works right with AP matches though. In a two-star team, OBW always takes them no matter where you put her, even when they all have identical AP match damage.

Edit: actually now she's not. Pretty sure she used to though.

Goldom fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Feb 27, 2015

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I'm gonna choose to believe that the scaling for Prodigal Sun was determined by an RNG, because the alternative would be that an actual living breathing otherwise intelligent human being was paid to put missions where you fight level 40 dudes right next to ones where you fight level 200 ones and then nodded sagely and thought that it was a good idea.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
If dropping some 2* and lesser used 3* to make room for 1* for the deadpool daily is there a list of the event cycle and who gets boosted so I don't drop any essentials for current events that run.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

BumikiIsFreaky posted:

If dropping some 2* and lesser used 3* to make room for 1* for the deadpool daily is there a list of the event cycle and who gets boosted so I don't drop any essentials for current events that run.

They seem to be in sets of 5, and which 5 are viewable in the boosted odds of the taco tokens. Beyond that your guess is as good as mine.

Readblood
Nov 9, 2005
I think I can finally accept that I am going to play this game for a long time, so I am looking to join an alliance. Any suggestions? I'm in game as Wageders.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Right now I just do Deadlpool dailies depending on my mood and what covers I can potentially get. Besides that I just do events that reward me with covers I can use or ones that might be good, Minus the one that's giving Hood covers right now because I don't have space for him, nor do i care to drop someone for him.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
This was the first Deadpool daily I was going to miss because I didn't have a Gamora. After doing the first part of the daily, I used all my tokens, and a loving standard token gave me the Gamora. WTC

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

OBW and a daredevil with 2 in red and 2 in black currently loving poo poo up in this deadpool daily. currently killing 4* Wolverine, Deadpool, and Daredevil because I hosed up and got Ares killed because I was trying to be greedy with Blue Tiles.

E: Nevermind. I let Daredevil place an Ambush tile down and immediately triggered it and OBW is now dead.

Dizz fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Feb 27, 2015

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Dizz posted:

Right now I just do Deadlpool dailies depending on my mood and what covers I can potentially get. Besides that I just do events that reward me with covers I can use or ones that might be good, Minus the one that's giving Hood covers right now because I don't have space for him, nor do i care to drop someone for him.

Seriously? I'm in the process of building a second Hood because he's just that good.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
So how rare is it to draw two four star covers in two tokens? I just opened up two heroic tokens and landed an Elektra and a Starlord

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SA2K posted:

So how rare is it to draw two four star covers in two tokens? I just opened up two heroic tokens and landed an Elektra and a Starlord

0.0576%, or 1 in 1736.

e: I'm pretty sure that's 1736 pairs of pulls, so more like 3472 total pulls before you draw back-to-back 4*. I'm not sure if I've done it but if not I've come close. I had a bizarre run of Fury pulls a few months ago to get to 2/2/2, all from tokens.

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Feb 27, 2015

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Dizz posted:

Uhhhhhhh Hood owns, man.

Like, a lot.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
I hope D3 makes Iron Fist as easy to get for a few days like they did with Cyclops... I really don't want to play the worst PvE story :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Please stop saying Hood is good, because then im gonna get real upset that I chose him of all covers to unfortunately skip.