Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I'm at least glad James won't be backdoored this week. They legit could have gotten him out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!
:siren: PAUL JUST LIED TO PAULIE :siren:

So much for PP being tight. Earlier, Michelle told Paul that Paulie would likely be her target if she won HOH. Paul just lied and told Paulie that he doesn't think Paulie is necessarily Meech's target.

Looks like Paul is hoping to keep Meech around so she's another option to clip Paulie.

Maybe not super siren-worthy (is anything this season?) but the number of people willing to put Paulie up at DE is growing. Meech is working on Vic to put Paulie up at DE, and Bridgette was working Natalie this morning about what a huge threat Paulie is.

Nicole and Corey want Meech out this week, then Paul and Vic out, and trust Paulie.

Paulie wants Bridgette out next, then Nicole out first at DE, and wants to put her up against James.

Also, Paulie is dumb and hasn't figured out from Meech's comments that the two votes Meech has locked have to include James' vote, or else three votes wouldn't be enough to win.

Also, Paulie doesn't believe his misogynistic rear end has a chance at beating a woman in the final, so he wants to clip the last girl at F4.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

Retail Slave posted:

I'm at least glad James won't be backdoored this week. They legit could have gotten him out.

James seemed to show signs of life yesterday, saying he was considering taking 2 of corey/nicole/paulies votes. Then voting out Z along with paul and nat.

If he did do that I feel like then next logical step is to take a shot at those 3 during DE, but that seems like a pipe dreams with these players.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I wasn't watching the last couple of days but it sounded like Michelle was working on Nat (or just that Nat's the only one still being nice to her) and Nat was talking to James about getting Z out with the power and Paul. I don't know if he'd pull that move but I hope he will.

Bridgette's talking to the cameras trying to figure things out. She figures Zaulie and Nicorey are protecting each other and considers working with James and Nat but "James won't do anything drastic and Nat can't win anything" (uhhh... didn't she just beat everyone but Vic in an endurance comp?).

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop
The bigger issue for Bridge is James. He's just fundamentally untrustworthy and has shown no aptitutde for strategy.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Paul turning on Paulie, even if it's not super blatant, would go a long way towards making me feel better about him getting one of the care packages. Which seems likely based on who is left who can win and who the general audience would probably be invested enough in to vote for.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

STAC Goat posted:

Bridgette's talking to the cameras trying to figure things out. She figures Zaulie and Nicorey are protecting each other and considers working with James and Nat but "James won't do anything drastic and Nat can't win anything" (uhhh... didn't she just beat everyone but Vic in an endurance comp?).

Well, as Natalie said, this was the comp she could actually win and she didn't. And she is right about James, he would barely lift a finger to protect Natalie, and certainly wouldn't for Bridgette. He's playing the same exact game again and he might just watch any possible ally go out the door again.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Teek posted:

Paul turning on Paulie, even if it's not super blatant, would go a long way towards making me feel better about him getting one of the care packages. Which seems likely based on who is left who can win and who the general audience would probably be invested enough in to vote for.

Paul knows his shot at winning means getting Paulie out soon and James is the only person in the house who is remotely useful in that.

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!
Paulie's going on a super lovely rant against Michelle around 1:40AM.. says he's going to use his "Scorpio tongue" to instigate and tear Michelle down and go for her jugular and "feed off of every little rope that unravels". Zakiyah, who's listening, is just chuckling, and I'm wondering who she's going to share this nastiness with.

He's rehearsing a speech he hopes to give on live TV, or on feeds, or in Michelle's goodbye video. He hopes it'll crush her so bad that it'll follow her through life, making her miserable. "You're a superfan who never got the full Big Brother experience because you sucked so bad."

Part of the reason why he's angry is because he's just finally realized that Paul's been playing him for a while now.

And one of the best parts of this is that he's ranting to Zakiyah about Michelle throwing him under the bus, while he's been brutally throwing Zakiyah under the bus for the past few weeks.

Paul comes outside to say hi, then leaves, and Paulie mutters after him, "fuckin' DIJE". The bromance is OVER.

At 1:50, Zak asks Paulie if he knew Paul was putting her up, and he glares at her and shouts "don't loving do that. Of course not. (lie)"

Paulie then continues to rail against all the dishonesty in the house and how he plans to expose and punish it.

This guy is the embodiment of arrogant, entitled white twenty-something. He's talking at Zakiyah, not with her, for like an hour straight, preaching righteously. Brutally condemning people for the exact same behavior he's been exhibiting.

At the end of it all:

Zak: "Paulie, Paulie, Paulie. You're really... somethin somethin."

MrBuddyLee fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Aug 9, 2016

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If Paulie goes home during double eviction it will be the greatest loving thing I've ever seen

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Paulie is a real piece of work.

The good thing is he seems almost determined to burn every jury vote as if it was part of the game plan I'd accept a bitter jury refusing to give him a win as an acceptable ending if no one ever grows the nerve to take a swing at him.

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

Did Cody ever come close to being like this? Did he just behave himself thanks to Derek's influence? Or is he the nicer bro opposite of Paulie?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Team PeePee going to war would be fantastic. I love it when those in power turn on each other and shake things up. It's super boring when an alliance pretty much runs the show from Day 1.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I figured at some point production would plant seeds of tension between PP if it didn't happen organically in the house

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Yer Burnt posted:

Did Cody ever come close to being like this? Did he just behave himself thanks to Derek's influence? Or is he the nicer bro opposite of Paulie?

cody mostly lounged around while Christine awkwardly groped him

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Muddy Burphy posted:

I figured at some point production would plant seeds of tension between PP if it didn't happen organically in the house

What exactly happened between them?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There's some real similarities between Cody and Paulie. Cody was pretty self righteous too and would threaten to go off on people all the time. And there's a reason all the HGs hated him when they left the house and the jury vowed to vote for Victoria to win over him. But for the most part Derrick's whole game was about keeping things calm and trying to hide your involvement in the game. Its entirely possible that Cody would have been a lot like Paulie if he didn't have that calming/coaching influence. But without a "Derrick" Paulie is just unrestrained and a complete and total douchebag and bully.

Frank actually called this pretty early on and was trying to set himself up to be Paulie's "Derrick" and talked about how he and Boogie would calm each other down and check each other. But Paulie doesn't want that, he wants to be Derrick so he rejected the idea of Frank "controlling" him.

But then there's also the added aspect of Paulie getting into a showmance with a girl he barely could stand to talk to. That's just stupidity and horniness. Cody was a flirt but it never went beyond that (and I think on some level he and Derrick were eliminating all the Brittanys and Ambers that it could have gotten deeper with). Paulie looks like such a bigger rear end in a top hat for the way he's using Zakiyah and treating her like dirt. Especially when the live feeders know they've hosed a number of times.

Paulie just has no self control, is what it comes down. Whether Cody was more mature or just had an "older brother" to keep him reigned in, we'll probably never know.

Retail Slave posted:

What exactly happened between them?

Paulie's just mad that Paul is playing the game. Paul wanted Z gone this week because Paulie told him last week that Z was targeting Paul. Paulie decided Z stays because she's become this pathetic husk who he can abuse and still control so he's pissed off that Paul kept trying to push her as the target.

Its just Paulie being a control freak and being outraged that Paul isn't doing what Paulie tells him to without question.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Aug 9, 2016

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Michelle just told James about the Showmance Alliance she was a fifth wheel to. Day and Tiffany already told him about that but maybe Michelle confirms it continued? The problem is James seems to think he and Natalie are safer with the showmances than with random people like Bridgette and Michelle.

She also pointed out how Tiffany, Frank, and Day all pointed out these problems and she wishes they were still in the house. Well, there you go, Michelle. Your only mistake was half the evictions of the season.

But at least Michelle seems like she's going to put up a fight.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
In my random BB fans are horrible report, both Reddit and Jokers believe Z is pregnant with Paulie's baby due to her throwing up every morning.

This has been your BB fans outside of here are horrible update.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Well unlike Paulie's claims for himself, that baby may actually be bred for this.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
I really hope that's not true, because I feel bad for the kid who was conceived on a reality show.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Jesus, Paulie and Z are banging, too?

I find it hilarious that the only decent showmance is as chaste as a Mormon dance party.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its a scary thought but somehow I imagine its just something she ate and nerves, seeing as how she's on the block, is backstabbing her only friend, and recently discovered the guy she likes has been using her and making a joke of her on national tv.

Propaganda Machine posted:

Jesus, Paulie and Z are banging, too?

I find it hilarious that the only decent showmance is as chaste as a Mormon dance party.

I think the Nicole/Corey thing is mostly just under the cover movement and sounds speculation but Paulie and Z have gone full on grinding, humping, and nudity. Zakiyah's probably not getting that pre-school teaching job back and I'm not sure Paulie will be coaching youth soccer next summer.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Aug 9, 2016

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

STAC Goat posted:

Zakiyah's probably not getting that pre-school teaching job back and I'm not sure Paulie will be coaching youth soccer next summer.

I don't see why banging on camera should preclude you from either of those things, its not like some 4 year old will be googling their teacher

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

JakeP posted:

I don't see why banging on camera should preclude you from either of those things

If Paulie comes from a conservative community it makes sense. If Zakiyah's charges are that young, it also makes sense that their parents don't want footage of teach getting down readily available on the internet. Plus, if STAC is to be believed, they're also on camera being gleefully vicious, hateful people. It's like how Alecia the special ed teacher from Survivor got fired for making a slanty-eyes joke about another contestant. See also: Gina-Marie.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

have they been in the house long enough for her to be showing signs upon conception?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

If Paulie comes from a conservative community it makes sense. If Zakiyah's charges are that young, it also makes sense that their parents don't want footage of teach getting down readily available on the internet. Plus, if STAC is to be believed, they're also on camera being gleefully vicious, hateful people. It's like how Alecia the special ed teacher from Survivor got fired for making a slanty-eyes joke about another contestant. See also: Gina-Marie.

Being kind of catty and mean is different from like that Adam guy season 9 calling autistic kids retards (when he worked with special needs kids). Z is no where near as bad as Aryan and Gina Marie were, and certainly shouldn't be unemployable, just unlikeable.

People have sex sometimes, in my opinion it would be pretty lovely to hold that against her. They aren't like Amanda/Mcrae levels of grossness or anything

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

JOHN CENA posted:

have they been in the house long enough for her to be showing signs upon conception?

It would have had to have happened super early

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Take the live feed aspect out of it, sure, no problem. But engaging in sex on a TV show that has near 24 hr live feeds of your every move basically makes her little more than a webcam whore. Its basically just going at it in the middle of times square.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
If I'm not mistaken, it takes a good few months to show at all. She'd just be puking, spotting, and using the restroom every half hour. Sleeping all day and experiencing mood swings are also symptomatic, but...it's Big Brother.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Plus she's about as fit as you can be. A baby bump would be hard for her to hide.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Tide posted:

Take the live feed aspect out of it, sure, no problem. But engaging in sex on a TV show that has near 24 hr live feeds of your every move basically makes her little more than a webcam whore. Its basically just going at it in the middle of times square.

I don't think posing nude and masterbating online should preclude you from teaching preschool, the two are very unrelated, but maybe thats a contraversial opinion :shrug:

Its not having sex in times square, that would be illegal

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

JakeP posted:

Being kind of catty and mean is different from like that Adam guy season 9 calling autistic kids retards (when he worked with special needs kids). Z is no where near as bad as Aryan and Gina Marie were, and certainly shouldn't be unemployable, just unlikeable.

People have sex sometimes, in my opinion it would be pretty lovely to hold that against her. They aren't like Amanda/Mcrae levels of grossness or anything

Nothing is as gross as Amanda and McRae you take that back.

Tide posted:

Also, this. It really depends on the nature of the facility she works for, and also the terms of her employment. She's giving them a very easy contract not to renew, and a lot of time to fill the gap (even setting aside the fact that it's a competitive field).

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
Oh god, please don't let Z be tied to this POS for the rest of her life.

I have no idea when they started having sex. The cast has been in the house for about 60ish days, right? I guess if they were having sex over a month ago she might be starting to have symptoms, but nausea is a common side effect of stress and anxiety. People also eat like crap in the BB House, which could exacerbate stress nausea.

Tide posted:

Good lord, dude. Paulie was there too. Paul apparently jerks off all the time. Is he also a webcam whore?

violetdragon fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Aug 9, 2016

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Because I know horrible things

The only showmance that isn't banging is James/Nat and it's because James won't on camera because he has a kid. Nat is not happy about this and has said it to James a few times.

I'm sure it's just nerves, things she ate but the internet is horrible.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

JakeP posted:

I don't think posing nude and masterbating online should preclude you from teaching preschool, the two are very unrelated, but maybe thats a contraversial opinion :shrug:

Its not having sex in times square, that would be illegal

A teacher got fired for having done bikini modeling, IIRC. The way things are, and the way they should be are unfortunately very different. :(

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Natalie, Bridgette and Meech talking about Paulie being a threat and what it would take to keep Meech around. For the love of everything, DR please get some fire back into James' belly and make him wake up about what big moves really are.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

James won't (and shouldn't) make a move unless Michelle can flip Paul and Victor as well. It would be very stupid for James to flip to the minority side of the house with Nat, Bridgette, and Michelle as his backup. He might as well just take Z's seat in the nomination chair after she leaves.

ToastyPotato posted:

A teacher got fired for having done bikini modeling, IIRC. The way things are, and the way they should be are unfortunately very different. :(

Also, this. It really depends on the nature of the facility she works for, and also the terms of her employment. She's giving them a very easy contract not to renew, and a lot of time to fill the gap (even setting aside the fact that it's a competitive field).

This is basically it. I've known teachers to lose their jobs because of things posted on Facebook or Twitter, because of partying at a local bar, for letting it slip that they were spending nights with someone other than a spouse, etc. It depends on the job and the administrators but in this day of google and social media you're going to have a problem if you're a teacher of young children and a quick search pulls up videos and gifs of you getting it on and naked. The first time the wrong parent or student discover it the school will catch holy hell and most schools (if they're aware) will cut it off at the pass and use it as the unofficial reason to pass on you when you're contract comes up for renewal and just go with one of the other dozens of young women applying for the job.

Z probably doesn't have tenure or a strong union that would fight for her, and if she even has a contract it probably as a morality clause. But the more likely scenario is just that most teaching jobs go year-to-year so a school is free to simply not bring you back if you've given them a reason. And sex tapes is usually a sound reason. Odds are Z's employer knows she's on Big Brother so the odds seem bad.

sbaldrick posted:

Because I know horrible things

The only showmance that isn't banging is James/Nat and it's because James won't on camera because he has a kid. Nat is not happy about this and has said it to James a few times.

This is not true. Nat won't even give James a kiss on camera. She's the one who's very self conscious and camera aware, but there's been no real pressuring from either side. They both seem to actually be handling this showmance maturely for the most part. They aren't sure what it is, they don't know if it will survive outside the house and distance, and they don't want to embarrass themselves or their families.

Nicorey at least leave it to under the cover action and the only thing really against them are some vague motions under a comforter. Paulie and Z just have some humping videos out there, though.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

James won't (and shouldn't) make a move unless Michelle can flip Paul and Victor as well. It would be very stupid for James to flip to the minority side of the house with Nat, Bridgette, and Michelle as his backup. He might as well just take Z's seat in the nomination chair after she leaves.

I agree to a certain extent, but it's not like Paul and Victor are pushing the Michelle needs to go angle at all. The only real threat afterwards is Paulie and Nicorey, and they were coming after him anyway, which he would realize if he woke up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

if paulie wins the HOH of the DE im just checking out on the season outright

• Locked thread