Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I said come in! posted:

There are no good first person shooters that have come out this fall. :/

I'm starting to think you don't like video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Golden Goat posted:

I'm starting to think you don't like video games.

Because I won't buy EA's Boring Gimmick 2, and Generic Competitive Shooter with a war history twist? My time and money are better spent elsewhere. At best I would rather play Shadow Warrior 2 and want to.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why not play Overwatch

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Because I won't buy EA's Boring Gimmick 2, and Generic Competitive Shooter with a war history twist? My time and money are better spent elsewhere. At best I would rather play Shadow Warrior 2 and want to.

Just get Dishonored 2

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

Why not play Overwatch

I am

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I said come in! posted:

You should try talking about games you like.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

codenameFANGIO posted:

You should try talking about games you like.

I am going to buy Tyranny this week because that looks really good, and Final Fantasy XV.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I said come in! posted:

I am going to buy Tyranny this week because that looks really good, and Final Fantasy XV.

Doesn't it feel so much better talking about games you like.

There's too many games out or almost out at the moment and I want them all. Tyranny might have to take a backseat.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Golden Goat posted:

Doesn't it feel so much better talking about games you like.

Ooh, I feel fine talking about whatever I want. What you're really saying is you want me to talk about what you want, but i'm not here for you. Sorry.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

SO and I are playing through dead rising 3. The game has some pretty serious issues with optimization, but I'm having fun with it so far. The plot also goes off the loving rails immediately, which is totally counter to their advertising for the game that I remember.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Ooh, I feel fine talking about whatever I want. What you're really saying is you want me to talk about what you want, but i'm not here for you. Sorry.

What are you looking forward to in Tyranny?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I voted in America's splatfest, now I'm going to go play Splatoon.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Golden Goat posted:

What are you looking forward to in Tyranny?

It's Baldurs Gate with refined gameplay mechanics and a really interesting and unique world and lore built from scratch. I like the games atmosphere and aesthetic as its been presented so far.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I said come in! posted:

It's Baldurs Gate with refined gameplay mechanics and a really interesting and unique world and lore built from scratch. I like the games atmosphere and aesthetic as its been presented so far.

Did you see the character creation stuff? Like the whole decide what you did during these conquests look really, really cool.
I'm hoping they've redone some of the party AI stuff after PoE.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I said come in! posted:

You have Xbox megathreads and poo poo to talk about the games you hate, the Chat Thread is here to enjoy things.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Golden Goat posted:

Did you see the character creation stuff? Like the whole decide what you did during these conquests look really, really cool.
I'm hoping they've redone some of the party AI stuff after PoE.

I haven't, i'm mostly staying in the dark. A friend of mine worked on the dialog and narrative of the game too.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Golden Goat posted:

Yeah they know their audience: people who will spend 2 hours making a party, do the intro quest, decide they want to start over, repeat.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I said come in! posted:

I haven't, i'm mostly staying in the dark. A friend of mine worked on the dialog and narrative of the game too.

Well it still looks like they're not veering too far from PoE combat-wise.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I'm looking forward to seeing the aftermath of this terrible election.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I hope we hear more soon about Splatoon on Switch.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I said come in! posted:

I hope we hear more soon about Splatoon on Switch.

It's all I really want to see come January. Everything else will be a bonus, but man give me those Splatoon details.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I finished Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX last week and since then I have been playing Link Between Worlds, which is a really amazing game. It reminds me so much of every good part of Link to the Past, with so many good additions. The thing where you don't really find items in dungeons is pretty weird, and I wish the Dark World was a little more original and exciting, but the save point/fast travel system is perfect and the 2D wall crawling leads to some really cool puzzles that kinda force you to think outside the box right off the bat. It's fun to just run around and try to find the weird chirping mollusk things or a cave to blow open. The updated music with the weird SNES bleeps and bloops still peppered throughout is exactly what I want to hear. I think I like the Legend of Zelda series a lot. Can't wait to finally get to the 3D games.

codenameFANGIO fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Nov 8, 2016

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I loved A Link Between Worlds, I liked the change in the formula. After seeing Breath of the Wild they definitely want to break out of the Zelda format.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
As far as I'm concerned it's worth buying a Switch just for Spla2n, everything else is just icing.

Also it looks really neat.

e: think I'm gonna finally start Wind Waker HD, it's been on the docket for months now

e2: I'm really tempted to get Titanfall 2 today though

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am still stoked for the switch. I haven't read any rumours, I only know of it through the video advert. If it is like the Vita but amped up then :getin: greatest games console!!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm pretty on-board for the Switch. I haven't bought a Nintendo console at launch in several generations, but really, portable Breath of the Wild really appeals to me. I'm curious to see what other launch titles there will be.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

VideoGames posted:

If it is like the Vita but amped up
What a fascinating curse to wish on Nintendo's last console

Oops I meant latest, lil slip there

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

I said come in! posted:

If only more games used Titanfall 2's gimmick of "being really loving good."

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Having fun with DS2 caestus run so far, but I'm not seeing how the moveset is in any way better than DS3s...

Unless the spinny move is really good..

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

CrashCat posted:

What a fascinating curse to wish on Nintendo's last console

Oops I meant latest, lil slip there

I love my PS Vita. I love it a lot more than my New 3DS. It's comfier and the screen is gorgeous. I just wish it had as many games to take advantage of the hardware. Isaac and Spelunky run fantastically on it, for example.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

VideoGames posted:

I love my PS Vita. I love it a lot more than my New 3DS. It's comfier and the screen is gorgeous. I just wish it had as many games to take advantage of the hardware. Isaac and Spelunky run fantastically on it, for example.

I want Spelunky on 3DS real bad. It'd better get on Switch.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I voted today. Here is a song in celebration!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbhAf62wfgE

I don't like this casting decision and also I think she looks like a bland motoko cosplayer :( I'm sure the movie will end up fine but it would've been cool if they cast someone better fitting the role of "japanese cyborg cop" than scarjo

Golden Goat posted:

These characters sure are likable!

In other news I ordered the PS4Pro/ProS4/PS4P/Professional4 so now I just have to decide what games to get first. BB will probably be first despite it taking no advantage of the Pro stuff.

Are those chaos characters? From what I read, the game has characters for "chaos" and "order" and you get the chaos characters by killing everybody during fights and I assume whoever they are are probably hardasses and jerks like that dude.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Snak posted:

Yeah I never finished the dlc. After playing BB and DS3, I'm not sure I can ever go back to DS2's terrible feeling combat.

But yeah I should probably fight Fume Knight at some point, since I have like 200 hours in DS2 and still haven't fought the best boss.

I think I like Sir Alonne even better than Fume Knight. Seriously for all the hate people throw at DS2, the DS2 DLC is some of the best content in the entire series by far. You really owe it to yourself to go back and play all 3 DS2 DLCs.

Snak posted:

Also, the people who fav is DS2 can call this a win. I'm redownloading it. Gotta finish those DLCs. Can you believe I have managed to never spoil myself on what Fume Knight even looks like? It's gonna be cool to see him for the first time after hearing about him for literally years.

Do it do it

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Nov 8, 2016

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I voted today! I got up early, went to the gym, then went and voted as soon as the polls opened. Made myself some delicious breakfast and played Scholar of the First Sin for about 2 hours before going to class.

Not a bad day so far.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

FirstAidKite posted:

I don't like this casting decision and also I think she looks like a bland motoko cosplayer :( I'm sure the movie will end up fine but it would've been cool if they cast someone better fitting the role of "japanese cyborg cop" than scarjo

I'm not at all sure the movie will end up fine :ohdear: I'm getting serious Lucy vibes from it and that movie was unbelievable garbage, the worst movie I've seen in years. GITS is really amazing stuff and if they just do a generic Hollywood action take on it, its gonna make me really really sad. And that's what it looks like.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Golden Goat posted:

These characters sure are likable!

In other news I ordered the PS4Pro/ProS4/PS4P/Professional4 so now I just have to decide what games to get first. BB will probably be first despite it taking no advantage of the Pro stuff.

i cant say how accurate that translation is but feda really is hilariously grimdark and edgy

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

chumbler posted:

Hopefully they will convert to Titanfall 2, a Good Game.

Which will probably die too because EA is dumb and also gamers don't like good things :(.

Going from Windows Store to Origin seems like a lateral move at best.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

I'm not at all sure the movie will end up fine :ohdear: I'm getting serious Lucy vibes from it and that movie was unbelievable garbage, the worst movie I've seen in years. GITS is really amazing stuff and if they just do a generic Hollywood action take on it, its gonna make me really really sad. And that's what it looks like.

I've only seen the teaser that that screenshot is from and I remember that same scene from the anime ghost in the shell movie so eh

What's lucy

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

At least in GITS if she turns into a USB it'll make a bit more sense.

FirstAidKite posted:

Are those chaos characters? From what I read, the game has characters for "chaos" and "order" and you get the chaos characters by killing everybody during fights and I assume whoever they are are probably hardasses and jerks like that dude.
I'll have to check but that was after the first (or second) battle where everybody can one-shot everything.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

FirstAidKite posted:

I've only seen the teaser that that screenshot is from and I remember that same scene from the anime ghost in the shell movie so eh

What's lucy

Lucy is a movie with an okay premise (what if the "you only use 10% of your brain" thing was actually true) that they hosed up hard by making the effects of the character gaining more brainpower really dumb (things like being able to time travel, turn into nanites??, becoming the raw ghostly electronic essence of technology).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I'll never forget the best vine for Lucy:
https://vine.co/v/OD91p1jba0i

• Locked thread