Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Hmmm, unless...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I'd put money on Bridgewater and Bradford both never starting again.

:10bux::10bux: to charity toxx that one of them starts again this year?

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
So what are the odds Carson Palmer starts for the Vikings next September?

Just September

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Lions confirmed Davis and Wilson are out on Sunday, though there's still a chance Swanson will be able to play.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Lions confirmed Davis and Wilson are out on Sunday, though there's still a chance Swanson will be able to play.

Washington also out. Net positive in that he can't return kickoffs.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Gerald McCoy is questionable for the Bucs which is probably the only chance the Vikings have cause if he plays, he's going to gently caress up Nick Easton and Case Keenum real good.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

xsf421 posted:

Playing without Decker is bad enough, having Dahl in at LG means we probably aren't winning this game. We didn't have a good chance before, but it's going to be ugly with the left side of our line being turnstiles.

Counterpoint: It won't matter. Lions are going to win!

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I hope Bradford and Teddy both take a knee today.

Because they could both probably use one :haw:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

:stare:

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

It takes a lot of work to make a giraffe look fierce.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ready for the dark and gritty BFG reboot

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/PrideOfDetroit/status/911976823042404352

Stafford's gonna die

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Zac Kerin was cut from the Vikings, so chew on that.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Well, gently caress.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Lions have the magical ability of being hosed over by the NFL's lovely rules.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Danny LaFever posted:

Lions have the magical ability of being hosed over by the NFL's lovely rules.

they're absolutely the best team in the NFL at this statistic

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

another famous victory for Bears Superstar Quarterback Mike Glennon

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/FirstDownFR/status/912021160212213760

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles posted:

another famous victory for Bears Superstar Quarterback Mike Glennon

15-22 101 yards lmao.

Better QB than "Elite" Joe "Superbowl Winner" Flacco.

this is america speak american.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dexo posted:

this is america speak american.

"The Detroit loving Lions"

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

"The Detroit loving Lions"

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/912066128515608576

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
kyle rudolph sucks

https://twitter.com/goesslingstrib/status/912066102758301696

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

How can there be two biggest things? :psyduck:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
what happened to the lions

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I used to think that God hated the Vikings. Now I'm beginning to believe that it's every non Packer NFC North team.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Tate caught a pass ruled a touchdown with 8 seconds left and no time outs. They overturned the ruling on review and the rules state that there is a ten second run off in that situation. So the game went from lions won to falcons won without another play being ran.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Parallelwoody posted:

Tate caught a pass ruled a touchdown with 8 seconds left and no time outs. They overturned the ruling on review and the rules state that there is a ten second run off in that situation. So the game went from lions won to falcons won without another play being ran.

love it. Stafford deserves a raise

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Darth Brooks posted:

I used to think that God hated the Vikings. Now I'm beginning to believe that it's every non Packer NFC North team.

If you needed evidence before this that God and All His Angels hate the Lions with a fervent passion than boy, I don't know what to tell you.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Lions barely lose to the best team in the league, Packers squeak by the worst team in the league, both teams 2-1.

Hhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

love it. Stafford deserves a raise

I'm not really sure how to take this comment... are you saying the highest paid player in the league deserves a raise or were you being sarcastic about his income? Either way I think he completely deserves what his contract is for and the lions couldn't afford to let him go no matter what number he asked for.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

no they lost a close game in week 3 literally kill him, s hoot him to death

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Wish Rodgers woulda sat or taken a knee. Good on Marty, King, and Jones. Also Jones is legit.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I am happy with what I saw from the Lions today, other than them losing on a weird technicality at the very end.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

C-Euro posted:

I am happy with what I saw from the Lions today, other than them losing on a weird technicality at the very end.

Yeah, to not only hang in there but to lose by the barest margin that I can recall in football gives me hope for the season, and Caldwell has a chance to prove he's a good coach because he just got handed some great fuel for an us against the world rousing speech. Like, that was some straight up Sports Movie stuff going down. I kept reminding the family I was watching with that it wasn't even the worst call that cost us the game on the last play within the last few years, after they were too dumb or cowardly to call that ball Seattle batted out of their endzone a safety. At least this came down to an interpretation of where the ball was spotted and not utter ignorance of a rule.

I had to laugh at after not getting a PI call in our favor literally all game as they mauled our receivers to various degrees, that Atlanta corner or safety finally went whole hog and did the most blatant interference I can recall in the endzone at the end and then tried to protest like he was innocent. It's amazing how often penalties in general go against the Lions, but PI in particular is always wild to watch as it never goes our way, with the Dallas playoff game of course being one hell of a memorable example.

I want nothing more than for the Lions to start winning by 9+ points every game and somehow rubbing it into officials faces or provoking them at the end of every game. Like, have Stafford take a knee to end it and then every Lion player just flips them off, and repeat that with escalating obscenity about 2 more times until he takes the knee on the 10 or something. In my dreams that's the way the Lions win the Superbowl, taking knees while ranting against officials and watching them impotently throw flags, finally unable to prevent my team from ascending the mountaintop.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
I'm not going to lie, I almost see this loss as karma for the last time we played Atlanta,(The one we somehow won because of a loving delay of game penalty)

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I'm glad the Packers are in first place after their dominant win over the mighty Bengals

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Wouldn't the Lions still be in first? We've got more wins over conference opponents.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I'm not going to lie, I almost see this loss as karma for the last time we played Atlanta,(The one we somehow won because of a loving delay of game penalty)

The last Atl/Det game was the London shitfest right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Yeah but the Packers are ahead in the Not-Being-The-Lions category.

• Locked thread