Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

That's really the only play that makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

They were already in this position earlier on Paul's HOH, when Cody got backdoored. It was silly then and it'd be silly now.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Paul was trying to playing games and ride the middle of a divided house. That reality just isn't the same as it is now. The "sides" are Jody/Marlena vs The House.

Personally I think the move to make is Mark vs Cody. If one comes down you put up their showmance partner, and if Jess/Elena win POV then you just put up the remaining showmance. You want to set those two showmances against each other and divide and conquer.

Of course I'm somewhat influenced by knowledge of the Hex and splitting up those four is key in that case. If Jess doesn't use the Hex to send Mark home at least. If she uses it then hopefully you divide those two couples so its not a united four.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Josh ranting to the camera. Says he gave the most depressed speech of his life and "they ate it up like meatballs and linguini." They "devoured it like strombolli." One of my favorite things about Josh is the stereotype breaking that all the Cuban guy's metaphors involve Italian cooking. That and the never ending gif material.

Josh is dancing so much he can barely breath. He's gonna lose like 20 lbs this week.

Cody pronounces "motorcycle" as "motor-sickle." Ramses corrects him and Cody gets indignant and asks how you say "bicycle" and "icicle." Ramses is convinced (he's dumb). Alex is bemused and says its obvious Cody has had this argument before.

Jess tells Cody that Christmas was asking for her blessing to give a loyalty vote to Josh given all they've been through with each other. Jess did NOT give her her permission and said she wanted a unanimous vote. Cody is mad and doesn't understand why since it wouldn't stir anything up or anything. Jess says she respects that Christmas asked and they said they'll talk later and this makes her feel confident the votes are secure. Cody says Jess can use this against Christmas with Ramses later. Jess says she said she'll talk to Ramses too. Jess is getting worked up now saying Josh "deserves" a unanimous vote. Cody says Josh is hated outside and will get what he deserves.

Kevin asks Christmas what her deal with Jason is. Christmas says she likes giving Jason poo poo but she's feeling more like herself now and she's taking less drugs. They talk about how Mark's making himself such a big target. Christmas says she believes what Cody told her about him and Dom being in on the Week 1 backdoors. Kevin asks who they target next week and Christmas says Cody, Jess, and Mark.

Elena tells Paul she's irritated and ready to kill "certain people." She won't indicate who. Paul asks what Elena thinks of the votes and Elena says Jess is worried and says she'll feel guilt of Ramses goes home. Elena says that Jess said Josh said (I hate when I do that) that Mark was egging him on during the HOH comp. Elena says it was really her and Paul but she just denied anyone did. Mark joins to laugh that Josh was complaining about slop and Jason said "you won't have to worry past Thursday." Elena says she told Jess she'd ask around about votes. Paul advises her not to get involved in case things go wrong. Mark says he doesn't give a poo poo, it won't be unanimous, but Josh is going home. Christmas joins and says she asked Jess for permission to pity vote Josh since the sweep is certain. Paul says as long as he's safe he doesn't "give a gently caress" who goes this week. Elena says Jess has talked to her about the votes a bunch of times this week but Paul and Christmas say she hasn't done it with them at all before now.

Paul tells Kevin that everyone thinks Ramses has the 25K so as soon as he's gone that will never be an issue for Kevin. Paul asks if Kevin won the 3rd Temptation and Kev says would have told him. Christmas joins and Paul says she shouldn't tell Jess she's voting to keep Josh and just placate her. Christmas says she's going to just say if she's uncomfortable she'll vote out Josh. Paul gives the hard press that they'd be idiots to vote out Josh since he'll keep getting in the face of Cody, Jess, and Mark. Kevin says the next time it might get physical. Paul says they have to stop breaking it up and let them get thrown out. They talk about what an "rear end in a top hat" Mark is and how he says Josh deserved to get the hot sauce thrown in his face. Apparently Mark said something to Alex today that they're all upset about. It sounds like he made some kind of comment about the way Alex hits Jason all the time (they have a brother/sister relationship). Not clear what it is but they all are on the same page about it being hosed up. Josh joins and Christmas tells him Elena is campaigning against him.

Cody is AGAIN eating slop voluntarily. He was chowing on Jess' Have Not food earlier so at least its not a strict diet this time.

Alex joins Paul, Kevin, and Christmas and notes that Jess, Cody, Mark, and Elena have plopped down in the living room to watch who talks to who. Paul asks Alex about whatever Mark said to her and Alex says she thinks Mark is trying to get Jason to empathize with him. Kevin says Alex hitting Jason is his favorite thing in the house so if Mark ruins that he'll kill him. Ramses joins so all relavent conversation ends and Paul complains that Matt stole his socks.

Paul asks Matt about his socks, but really is there to warn him and Raven that Jody and Marlena are going to corner people about votes. He says Ramses is scrambling too and they're all nervous that they hosed up. Matt says he'll find the socks.

Cody, Mark, and Elena talk about getting used to the cameras and being on Big Brother. Cody rambles about how this is "the big thing" they've all realized they're doing with their lives or something. Its confusing and kind of sad. Cody says this is the best looking season ever. He talks about how BB17 Nat was really hot but she got with James who "was gross" and then she was gross. Elena says she thought BB15 Kaitlyn was very pretty, and Aaryn was but her eyebrows were bad.

Mark: Was she the racist?!
Fish

Paul, Alex, and Jason say Josh is doing a great job acting dead, especially with his speech. They're all still hiding out in the parlor room from Cody and them. Jason's nervous he's going to blow it since he's so drat bad at this. Alex tells him to just never let them catch him alone and hang around Josh if he has to. Alex calls Mark a "bitch rear end" and says he has to go, but Paul and Jason insist Cody has to go first.

Cody's weird.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Matt and Paul nervous that Jason and Mark are playing chess and Mark is going to grill Cowboy. They say Mark's really making things obvious and misplaying things bad.

Alex has joined Mark/Jason to keep Jason out of trouble. The buddy system will probably be in effect this week.

Matt tells Christmas that Marlena are playing both sides but making it too obvious. Christmas says he's being mean and "a dick." Again more talk of whatever he said to Alex. Christmas shares her suspicions that Mark really WAS in on her backdoor and suspected it before Cody said anything but was worried that if she said that to them they'd think she was starting stuff. Matt agrees and says he's not surprised Mark went back to Cody but he is surprised by Elena. Christmas points out that when Paul used Alex as a pawn he talked to everyone to make sure they'd keep her but Jessica just put Ramses up and just assumed everyone would do what she wanted. They say the fallout next week is going to be nasty. Matt does more of his nervousing about how voting Josh out will make them bigger targets. They kvetch a bunch about how even though they have numbers Cody/Jess/Elena are a tough bunch of competitors who have won a bunch. Matt says they have to get Josh to stop taunting Cody and focus on Mark because he's a headcase. Matt says they can't rattle Cody because he's been to war. Christmas says she's gotten close and he gets rattled when things are "good, and happy, and friendly" and when things are about Jess. Matt thinks Paul is too focused on going head-to-head with Cody. Matt saying they need Paul here. They try and figure out who Cody/Mark's noms would be next week. They figure Christmas/Josh for Mark and Christmas/Paul or Paul/Josh for Cody. Christmas doesn't get why she's so high up the list and they say its all back to that first backdoor. Matt is going on and on about how Cody can't be beaten. He's really scared of Cody after that Battle Back.

Outside gets opened. Kevin is excited because it looks like rain.
Kevin: Its cloudy! You guys have clouds out here?

Mark tells Cody that there's no way Josh stays. Mark says he's pissed off because he was "crucified" for hanging out with Jody in Week 1 but people talked to Dom last week and Josh this week and its fine. Cody has a theory but its cut off by fish.

Ramses asks Christmas about her vote and she tells him she'd like to give Josh a pity vote but if he or Jess are concerned she won't. She assures Ramses that he's safe. Ramses says he's just nervous because "the pawn goes home" and the Temptation still out there. Blah blah blah, Christmas does a lot of good talk that won't matter because Ramses is toast.

Cody tells Jess about Mark's complaining. Jess says no one spoke to Dom last week and everyone spoke to her. Jess says Dom was right up on the block and "flipped her poo poo" immediately. Some general talk about hoping they can stay off the block and not have to use her Hex, and how they "shouldn't" go up but the Hex will save them. Jess says this is the first comp she's sitting out in weeks and she's enjoying it. Probably not as much after the blindside. Jess says some stuff about her dad and says he was from "Upstate NY into Brooklyn." As a New Yorker I have no idea what that means but I don't think Jess is one so I'm guessing she doesn't understand how far "Upstate NY" is from "Brooklyn." Jess says she doesn't talk to her grandparents but if they comment on her Facebook about the show she'll talk to them. This is starting to feel kind of invasively mean and judgmental about personal stuff so I'll switch to Cody being weird.

Ramses asks Raven about her vote. Raven assures him he's safe.

Its a rare outdoor lockdown so no game talk now with everyone within eye and ear shot of each other. Somehow Cody and Jess are still managing to isolate themselves even in this environment. Truthfully there's probably not going to be a lot of gameplay the rest of the week. Ramses seems like he's making the rounds now but everyone's lying to him. Josh seems content to lay low. Everyone else is trying to avoid getting questioned by Jody and Marlena. My guess is things will stay calm until (a) Jess makes a hard push and/or (b) Paul tips off Elena.

I think I'm gonna watch a movie.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

So the votes...

Ramses: Paul, Raven, Matt, Christmas, Kevin, Alex, Jason
Josh: Jess, Mark, Elena

2 hinky votes and this is dumb

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Jess doesn't vote, Cody does.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Yeah you're right. Don't know why I thought Cody was hoh. Still the same numbers. I hope this works out and no one tells them.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Didn't Josh's whole "meatball" thing start when Paul called him that in passing once? If I never hear it again it will be too soon.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I mean, it's a good stand-in for motherfucker, which is clearly what he means.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

It's hilarious because it's so innocuous but clearly boils Cody's blood. I want Cody to self-evict for violence this week, live during the eviction results.

Watch Jess find out about the blindside and use her hex to save Ramses :laffo:

Sodomeow
Sep 26, 2015
Meatball is hilarious

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I find it funny purely because its so unfunny and yet (a) Josh keeps saying it and (b) Cody and Jess keep getting wound up by it.

Like, its just kind of perfect little gem of absurdity. If Josh was calling them "cocksuckers" and "motherfuckers" and "cunts" it would be really ugly and no fun at all. He'd just be a big bully and vulgar rear end in a top hat. But he's yelling something really stupid and Cody and Jess are acting like he's calling them "cunts" and "motherfuckers". And that's just funny.

Its like if Zack had called Nicole a "fruit loop dingus" and Nicole had immediately demanded he be removed from the show and publicly disgraced.

And if Nicole had actually been screaming at Zack that he's a little pussy bitch for weeks.

And if Christine had thrown hot sauce in Zack's face and Nicole laughed about it.

And if Nicole had previously threatened to tell Julie Chen that Zack is a sexual predator.

I'm saying its absurd.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jul 25, 2017

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Faustian Bargain posted:

Watch Jess find out about the blindside and use her hex to save Ramses :laffo:

I have very low expectations when it comes to Jessica's intelligence, but even so I can't imagine her doing something so stupid.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I was actually kind of thinking of that a little and wondering if it would make any sense.

Like, my thinking was, what does Jessica do if next week its Mark vs Cody and everyone SAYS they're voting out Mark? Does she risk Cody going because she's being lied to again? Or does she just play the Hex and in doing so try and get Mark and Elena on board as a united four?

Then I thought about that going one step further. If she KNOWS Ramses is going home and they're blindsiding him, Mark, and Elena is it worth trying to create a united 5 with Ramses? Its a bolder big picture move because Jessica's in a really bad position and needs to dramatically change something if she has any chance of winning this game. But it seems like it could be a "Kaysar" move that helps the group as a whole but ends up costing her personally.

I don't think its really a smart move but I'm unsure because when you're in as bad a spot as Jessica is you really need to sometimes do something drastic and take a huge risk to get out of it. That's why I initially thought the Josh target was such a waste of her HOH even if she hadn't screwed up putting Ramses next to him. Using the Hex to save Ramses would be a real "use your idol to protect an alliance mate and try and shift the numbers" kind of move.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

You have to believe that if the blindside happens this week, Jody won't trust a vote ever again.

Though, they may just feel totally in control again with some ego stoking.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, logically they should just never trust again. But like, there's no logical reason that Ramses should still be on the block. A lot of people seemed to assume that there'd be a point where Cody and Jess' egos would just give way to sense but I never really bought into that theory. I'm not sure it seems any more likely going forward.

But its just kind of a strategy debate to me. When you've got the majority of the house against you and they seem like they're not going to turn on that but you have a one use special power then what's your best play?

A) Hold back that power solely to try and protect yourself and your showmance partner even if that might just delay the inevitable?
B) Use the power on a key ally if things go wrong next week and try and save all your standing allies and make a concentrated charge?
C) Make a pre-emptive strike and use it to try and build a larger army even if that puts you personally at risk.

Its three bad options and the smartest route is probably to just hold onto the Hex as long as you can and save yourself and hope things change. But there seems like there's some kind of logic in the idea of her just saying "gently caress you!" and forming an alliance of the blindsided.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, logically they should just never trust again. But like, there's no logical reason that Ramses should still be on the block. A lot of people seemed to assume that there'd be a point where Cody and Jess' egos would just give way to sense but I never really bought into that theory. I'm not sure it seems any more likely going forward.

But its just kind of a strategy debate to me. When you've got the majority of the house against you and they seem like they're not going to turn on that but you have a one use special power then what's your best play?

A) Hold back that power solely to try and protect yourself and your showmance partner even if that might just delay the inevitable?
B) Use the power on a key ally if things go wrong next week and try and save all your standing allies and make a concentrated charge?
C) Make a pre-emptive strike and use it to try and build a larger army even if that puts you personally at risk.

Its three bad options and the smartest route is probably to just hold onto the Hex as long as you can and save yourself and hope things change. But there seems like there's some kind of logic in the idea of her just saying "gently caress you!" and forming an alliance of the blindsided.

I think option A with the knowledge that Cody and Jess are capable of winning comps. From this point forward they would have to nominate 2 actual targets if they won HOH, though.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree. Its just a little vaguely interesting game strategy that I kind of lost my head in for a little while. If Cody and Jess can have Mark and Elena with them then they have a fighting chance. But if its just the two of them vs the house then there's a real chance they use the Hex to save themselves next week, win a HOH and get out someone the next, and then just end up out the very next week. Its really, really hard to run the gauntlet in Big Brother and no one's ever really done it before. Not this early and with such small numbers.

So I just started thinking about whether adding numbers was the better bet.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Any speculation on what the Halting Hex curse is?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

SalTheBard posted:

Any speculation on what the Halting Hex curse is?

Didn't Julie say it would be unleashed during the next live show? That kind of kills my double eviction guess unless they have two DEs this year.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Apparently Jess told Kevin she got the temptation, but not what it is.

Uh, good job throwing an advantage in the trash I guess.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I imagine one of the DE's is cancelled due to Megan self evicting.

My off the wall guess is the curse takes power away from the HGs (think noms or eviction votes) and gives it to the viewers, which will likely be god awful.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If they did an "America's HOH" thing I imagine we'd get some combination of Cody, Mark, Paul, and maybe Raven.

I have absolutely no idea what the Curse is and couldn't begin to guess.

Max posted:

Apparently Jess told Kevin she got the temptation, but not what it is.

Uh, good job throwing an advantage in the trash I guess.

I actually think the Hex has more value if she makes it publicly known and tries to use it to leverage people into being scared about wasting their HOHs and working with Jody. People knowing about it doesn't really devalue it.

But Jessica seems set on spreading it around by rumor and lying that it has more power than it does including nomination stuff. My guess is that she swings too far and people either think she's full of poo poo or decide that if its THAT powerful they just need to force her to burn it or else she can hold it over them forever.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jul 25, 2017

Max
Nov 30, 2002

STAC Goat posted:

But Jessica seems set on spreading it around by rumor and lying that it has more power than it does including nomination stuff. My guess is that she swings too far and people either think she's full of poo poo or decide that if its THAT powerful they just need to force her to burn it or else she can hold it over them forever.

That's what I'm thinking. If she goes with that "no limit" lie then I feel like smart play is make her prove it and force her to burn it ASAP.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, she wants to use it to scare people into working with her but she doesn't realize that if she scares them too much then eventually they realize they can't let her have that kind of power or else it will eventually come back to screw them. Might as well pull off the band aid fast.

That and "fear" actually isn't that good of a leadership tool. But maybe the third time Jody get that message they'll listen.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I don't think I've felt this much anticipation for a blindside in a long time

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

If Marlena stay with jess and Cody after this they are morons.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The issue is if they blindside Marlena then those two have legitimate reason to think they're in trouble with them and better off with the other outsiders.

Its why I assume Paul will flip Elena before Thursday so he can manage her and not make unnecessary enemies.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cody asks Ramses if he's been campaigning. Ramses says "some people are sketchy" but he's getting reassurances. Cody says if its not unanimous he'll "seek blood." Ramses says people might want to keep Josh just to gently caress with Jody. Cody says if that happens he'll... he's so angry he can't find words. Cody says he has a dream of Josh leaving to raucous boos and he will be "filled with joy and satisfaction." He says he wants it more than the $500K. Cody tells Ramses he believes he kept Jillian now. Ramses claims he "went HAM" after Cody was gone. Cody says he sees now people just vote to "stir up poo poo." He seems to think the Week 1 blindside might have just been a "stir the pot" situation. I guess that could explain why he could be blindsided again. Cody calls Josh a "piece of poo poo" and says he hopes anyone who votes to keep him is forever associated to his sins. Then he just rants a bunch about all the evils Josh has done that would put Evel Dick to shame.

Listening to Kevin talk to Jason on their walks is fun.
Kevin: I think we're going to be here for 25 years. Ain't no one gone home yet.
Kevin: People are out here doing flips and running around. Then watch on Thursday they'll be talking about their injuries.

Josh tells Jess that she's "strong" and blah blah blah for some reason. I think he's bored.

Jess tells Cody that she got her birth control pills. So in two weeks they get to go bareback! Like, I'm only telling you because Jessica isn't even trying to have this conversation privately or with generalizations. She has ZERO camera consciousness. Jess has her "snap chat glasses" whatever that means. She says that production told her that the last two times the HOH let people get "too rowdy." She identifies the last two HOHs as "Jason and Paul." Or maybe it goes to the POV winner? I have no idea but I'd love to be able to say Jess doesn't know who was HOH last week.

It turns out that not only does Cody voluntarily eat slop, but so does Matt. This house is so weird.

They're all playing around with their snap chat glasses and I have no idea what it is (I mean, I assume its glasses with a camera that goes on a social media website) and I can't find it on CBS' site either so, I dunno.

Kevin says he doesn't want a gun in his home but he's got bats and axes at his door. I get the bat thing. That's me too. Ax seems a bit much. But then again I have a conveniently situated crowbar so I suppose its relative.

Jessica is bothered when people in the house wear bandannas, because that's her thing. She complains that Alex stole "cat ears" from her and now she can't wear them. I think this all started from Jess saying she wore a bandana in her snap chat thing and hopes it trends or goes viral or something. She's really upset that Josh wears bandannas and "stole" it from her and doesn't want to "relate" to him of all people. She's considering saying "bandannas are my thing" in her goodbye message. My head hurts. Or maybe that's some kind of empathetic sense of shame.

Jess asks Mark about the votes. Mark says the only person he's heard anything about is Christmas and Jess says she spoke with her. Mark says he can't think of anyone who would want to keep him and he's certain Josh is gone. Mark says its weird but good that every thing played out full circle and is glad Cody came back looking for a new start. Jess says Cody came back with his head on straight. Mark says he turned his back on Cody so he "deserved" Cody lying about him and making him a target. Mark makes me sad. Is it possible to be in an emotionally abusive bromance?

This is dumb. I feel dumb watching this. I'm doing something else.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Snap chat glasses are indeed glasses that record video for snapchat. They're called spectacles and are kind of hard to find at the moment.

https://www.spectacles.com/

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

The slop is supposedly super high in protein, among other nutrients. It's a fortified oatmeal basically. This gives it a metallic taste apparently, which is the "gross" feature of it.

So the protein content is probably why those two are going for it.

ToastyPotato fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jul 25, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I get that slop probably has some kind of theoretical health benefit as a situational meal if you're trying to cut fat or build muscle or something. And a lot of the misery of eating it probably comes from the inability to supplement it with other food.

But like pretty much every HG who has ever eaten it has said it tastes gross and makes you feel bloated and gassy so it still seems kind of weird to see two HGs voluntarily eating it every day.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Paul and Cody compare fighting tips. Jessica asks if you can stick your finger up your opponents butt in a MMA fight. Paul says in a street fight he'll do anything and try to kill you. Cody says he avoids those because either you're going to die or you're going to kill someone so why deal with a jury waiting to decide if your shooting was justified? Cody, "He might have been calling you a pussy or something." Jessica questions how often they get into these situation since "they talk about it like its on the reg." Paul laments that the gun laws in Texas are better than in California because you just can't kill anyone.

Dear God, I should have stayed away.

Jason and Alex talk about how Kevin trash talks everyone while they do their walks around the yard and he keeps telling Kevin everyone can hear them. Alex, "we totally can." Jason says he's starting to think everything Cody says is full of poo poo. Alex says she's starting to wonder if he was really in the marines because all her marine friends have tats and talk differently then Cody. Alex says she thinks Elena is watching them. Mark comes over to ask Jason if he wants to work out. Alex says she feels like Mark was "sent over" to break them up.

Alex tells Raven about her Mark/Elena thing. She acknowledges she might be paranoid. They do note Mark acting weird. Raven says last night Mark told Cody "you didn't say good night to me." Paul comes in and says he caught Mark and Jessica whispering with each other. He shares this with Mark, Christmas, and Kevin too. Paul says they want to take out the strongest of the showmances, right? He says Elena is stronger than Mark and has him like a puppy, and Cody is stronger than Jess. He says Jess and Mark are both codependent and will crumble.

Kevin saying he can sense that Jessica has the Temptation because he knows girls (Jess told him last night). Paul agrees but says they don't know what it is so its not worth worrying about.

Christmas and Matt discuss that Elena is smart and will be tough to take out. They want to reassure her that she's with them so she doesn't go for HOH. I definitely think Elena gets not-blindsided by Thursday.

Raven tells Matt that Alex said Mark gets up every morning and goes up to HOH and then runs back to Have Nots when the wake up announcement happens. Matt's worried about the Temptation but Raven says its not worth stressing about until they know what it is. Raven's annoyed Mark asked her if she "was sure" she didn't get it in front of everyone.

Raven: rear end in a top hat.
Matt: He's the worst.

Mark assuring Ramses that he has his vote. Mark says he wants all drama out of the house (:O). Mark says he's fine with play fighting but not when people start talking about "your word" and stuff.

Paul asks Kevin who he first fell in love with. Kevin says either Susan Dey from Partridge Family or Marcia from the Brady Bunch. Kevin shouts out to Marcia. Paul says she's probably 72 and Kev says "she's still a loving woman" and tells Paul not to be predujiced against older women. He says "Fruitcake" slept with a 73-year-old woman and he's 35 (Jason?). Kev also liked Peggy Lipton from the Mod Squad. Kevin and Paul both pick Mary Ann over Ginger. Paul says he doesn't want to know about a crush, he wants to know who broke his heart.

Kevin: All girls broke my heart. I'm in love now with 7 women.

Christmas and Raven talking about the vote and if Jody are campaigning. Raven says Jess asked her but just quickly. Christmas says Jessica seems to be assuming that since she declared Ramses the pawn everyone will vote that way. Raven calls it naive. Christmas says if she had been smarter she would have talked to people before hand. More talk of Elena being a smart threat and Mark being the least threatening. Raven says people underestimate her intelligence and she has a high IQ. Christmas says Elena graduated early from college. Raven says she did too.

Apparently Jessica sticks her finger up Paul's rear end a bunch and he thinks its a double standard because he'd be in jail. Kev asks if she's done it since Cody came back. Paul says no. "That's cold." Kevin asks if he minds if he calls Christmas in. Paul says he doens't mind but be careful what you say to her because she's in and out with the drugs. Kevin says she spoke with Josh for an hour last night and you have to be crazy to do that. Paul says she's trying to play all sides and people don't like it. Kevin wonders why Cody is eating slop. Paul says he's messed up and "beats off" to war and violence. Kev thinks he's introverted. Paul says people like Jason and Christmas are crazy. He says he would have left the game if he was Christmas. Kevin says she will be brought back next season because America has to love her. Paul complains about the "grab rear end" and Kev takes pride that the phrase is catching on. Paul doesn't get the emotional attachments they have. Kevin says he asked Jessica when Cody was gone if they were in love and she said production told her she'd fall in love. He said she plans for Cody to live 2 weeks in Iowa and 2 in LA with her. Kev says all the guys in the clubs in LA are going to be hotter than Cody and he has no "swag." Paul says he'll get checked at the doors and he'll try his tough guy poo poo and get beat. Kev says Cody might be a virgin before the house. He says Jess is a player and is playing Cody like a fiddle. Paul agrees. They say Cody can't afford Jess' lifestyle. Paul says the girls here are all great but the guys are all duds with no personality. Kev says Matt's a boring floater. Paul says he barely goes to the DR so he's not even on the show. They think Josh is getting the most TV time because he's a maniac.

Matt's eating what looks like a dozen scrambled eggs and like 6 slices of melted cheese.

Kev asks if they let you have cigars in your HOH basket. Paul says no and Kevin is pissed. Paul wishes he had brought cigarrettes. Said brought them last year and just smoked one every morning for some stimulation. Kevin asks what Paul thinks of Raven. Paul says she's "too nice" and but she's crazy and is going to lose it when she's not safe. Kevin says he feels like she uses her illness for sympathy (he feels bad for saying it). Paul says she brings everything back to it and its a downer. Kev says he wants to know the deal with it because she dances around like a ballerina but then cuts her foot and acts like she was "shot 7 times". Paul says he likes her and sympathizes but its a game, not a charity. Paul says he's had a toothache all season so he's not even eating.

Alex tried out for Bachelor. Mark has tried for BB 4 times. Raven tried last year. Mark inaudibly complains about someone being chosen over him. This actually helps explain some comments Mark has made about being honored to be chosen but feeling bad when he sees people "like" Josh, Megan, and Jillian chosen.

Just to make clear he's voluntarily eating food that he hates.
Cody: Come out of the house and people will ask how you make slop good.
Paul: No, there's no good slop.
Cody: There's just terrible slop and less lovely slop.

Not At All Camera Shy Jessica speaks at length about what she'd do to 18-year-old Shawn Mendes and what she'd teach him. Jessica wants to hook Christmas up with some of her friends. Christmas asks if they're "weird" enough for her. Jessica says they all have birthdays within a month of each other and have birthday cakes "with penises photoshoppped on them." Jessica says her last cake had a "transvestite" with boobs and dick out and a bottle of jack daniels shoved up their rear end with her head photoshopped on. Ramses wanders by and Christmas tells him he's not old enough for the conversation.

Jess is in full Queen Bee mode and really kind of sauntering around the place. I note it only because the fallout from this blindside is going to be bloody.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Yeah that meal looks like some football player/bodybuilding stuff. Also gross, especially after just having eaten a meal myself just minutes ago.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I will lose it if either she or Cody get evicted before they even get to go bareback. It's possible if she has to burn the halting hex next week.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

Everything involving Kevin in here is great.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Really weird interaction just now, Josh walked in while Paul, Alex, and Jason were talking about the Amish. I think Paul was the only one that saw him and gave him a no sign. Josh walked right back out while giving Paul the finger. I think Josh is going a little stir crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Paul reassuring Ramses he's safe is sad.

• Locked thread