Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

so basically I should stop the recurring sub and just get these deals as they come up

Except the last time I tried to get electronic purchases on Amazon I could not because Canada for whatever reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Medullah posted:

Doesn't say, I would suspect not long, probably a sale for the 4th. And yeah, you can use it every 6 months, the Amazon $40 package can be used every 6 months too, it's the same as a normal 90 day sub but you get an extra 2400 coins.

I had no idea that’s great to know!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

dreffen posted:

I had no idea that’s great to know!

Yep NP.

And thanks for my new avatar anonymous donor!

Frush
Jun 26, 2008
Just popped in again on preferred status after only having played a bit at release. Might stick around and finish some of the storylines, but it doesn't seem like there's much of a presence anymore. Laughed a bit when I got to level 20 before they hit me with the 'you get less experience' notice. Got my brother to check it out too, and let him pick the faction (why do my friends and family always pick imperial?) and I really have a love/hate relationship with how cartoonishly evil the Sith are. I do like being a sorcerer though, since it's basically all lightning all the time. :science:

If nothing else, it was surprising what they did with the lightsaber color crystals all being available, but now even the cheapest ones on the market are like 28k credits. I just wanted to play space barbie and have a yellow one. :saddowns:

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I know preferred players can't send mail but can they receive it from other players? If so, I have like 60 mil spread on my 70s, and can send you some for your color crystal.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
I really wish Bioware would split the Master FP queue into Original, SoR, and post-SoR. Give more CXP for SoR and even more for post-SoR while limiting under-70 peeps to Original.

I'm one of the few Tanks who's willing to take a chance on people under 70 but then Crisis or Blood Hunt pop and I nope the gently caress right out of there. Yeah I'm good enough I could spend an hour or two dragging undergeared newbies thru difficult content but why do that when I can instaqueue and guarantee clear 3 Red Reapers in less time?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aren't the last 3 Flashpoint 242 minimum gear level? And you're getting sub 70s in the group? :)

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Aren't the last 3 Flashpoint 242 minimum gear level? And you're getting sub 70s in the group? :)

Huh I never even noticed...I drop Crisis, Traitor, and Nathema on principle. Crisis is obvious, I've gotten to the point where I drop on Veteran even. Traitor and Nathema are easy enough they're just so freaking long...the same reason I never run SnV.

The point still stands when two minutes before that first post I get a 51 Op healer, accept group on good faith, then Blood Hunt pops. :colbert: I don't know if the Op or BW are to blame but I feel sorry for the DPS that just got hosed after waiting in queue for probably the better part on an hour.

It's just crazy that you get the same CXP for a FP I can solo in fifteen minutes as one where it's mathematically impossible for my healer to pass hps checks.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah, I don't think I've done a random hard mode where at least 50% of the group are people I know in years.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

KittyEmpress posted:

I know preferred players can't send mail but can they receive it from other players? If so, I have like 60 mil spread on my 70s, and can send you some for your color crystal.

Or I can send you some actual unused crystals. I have a ton of duplicates in my storage.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
Finally played through Nathema and I gotta say, as far as giant reset-buttons go this wasn't too bad.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Gasoline posted:

Finally played through Nathema and I gotta say, as far as giant reset-buttons go this wasn't too bad.

Yeah I greatly enjoyed 5.9 and, unlike Crisis and Traitor, I've ran Nathema several times. Makes me hopeful for 6.0.

It's been a bit "2 steps forward, 1 step back" but the game has definitely been improving every 5.x update.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Yeah I greatly enjoyed 5.9 and, unlike Crisis and Traitor, I've ran Nathema several times. Makes me hopeful for 6.0.

It's been a bit "2 steps forward, 1 step back" but the game has definitely been improving every 5.x update.

I REALLY liked Traitor Among the Chiss, but it was way too long. Umbara I ran solo a bazillion times but only because I wanted all the reusable schematics. I was pleasantly surprised when I found the new augment schematics drop like candy so I wouldn't need to run Nathema ad nauseum to get them all.

Not that it matters because they're not worth the mats unless you're swimming in credits. At least not upgrading from 236s.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Apparently there are still a few patches before the next expansion. Last I heard was that we were gonna recover every follower before the next expansion begins.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Siegkrow posted:

Apparently there are still a few patches before the next expansion. Last I heard was that we were gonna recover every follower before the next expansion begins.

They haven't really said anything solid about the expansion, they did decide to move the companion return missions to be specific to class (Inquisitor gets Ashara back, Smuggler Risha for example).

For anyone who cares, double XP/CXP/Valor is live along with the Nar Shaddaa event.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Some good weapon skins can be had from this event. Also that one rancor mount.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

They haven't really said anything solid about the expansion, they did decide to move the companion return missions to be specific to class (Inquisitor gets Ashara back, Smuggler Risha for example).

Well we know the Alliance storyline is done and that the expansion will focus on Pub vs Empire. I imagine it’s going to be a lot like SoR with a couple of teaser patches then a new planet with a daily area.

Both the Republic and Empire need new heads of state so I assume that’ll be addressed. Both the Dark Council and Jedi Council need replenished.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Well we know the Alliance storyline is done and that the expansion will focus on Pub vs Empire. I imagine it’s going to be a lot like SoR with a couple of teaser patches then a new planet with a daily area.

Both the Republic and Empire need new heads of state so I assume that’ll be addressed. Both the Dark Council and Jedi Council need replenished.

A lot of people think that the Nathema ending means you'll be able to defect to Empire or Republic with your character. I really don't see that happening, I think it'll be like Iokath where you "join the Republic" but still outside of story use your own fleet, etc. Because you have a device that cloaks your signal. :D

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

ok what outfit is that? My barbies are wanting to know

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Looks like the event outfit or euphoric correllian dyed black/purple, with one of the many bikini bottoms (ventilated triumvirate, dancer, etc.) and the Karagga hat.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Preechr posted:

Looks like the event outfit or euphoric correllian dyed black/purple, with one of the many bikini bottoms (ventilated triumvirate, dancer, etc.) and the Karagga hat.

This man got it 100%. Euphoric Corellia. Purple dye, Ventilated Triumverate "pants"

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Ohhh yeah! Managed to solo an Exarch (my item rating in under 230) and it feels good. Took me well over 20 minutes, loving health draining rear end in a top hat. My friggin interrupt had a longer cool down than his health drain so I could only reliably interrupt every other health suck.

Siegkrow fucked around with this message at 20:00 on May 27, 2018

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FYI for anyone who missed the Darth Hexid reward in November, they added a new achievement for doing 40 of any group activity (Flashpoints, warzones, uprisings) and you get her for your legacy.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

is her name really darth hex id

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Statutory Ape posted:

is her name really darth hex id

Beats Anal Kenobi.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Jesús When are we gonna get a second chance at the cool dual wielding chiss Jedi?

(Also, weird, in dulfy she has different values for gifts for being romanced. CAN you romance her?)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Siegkrow posted:

Jesús When are we gonna get a second chance at the cool dual wielding chiss Jedi?

(Also, weird, in dulfy she has different values for gifts for being romanced. CAN you romance her?)

They haven't announced anything but since they're giving all the other companions that were promos away I wouldn't be surprised to see it sometime this year.

And no you can't romance her, a lot of the new companions like Courting gifts because they've been bugged since 4.0 where actual romanced companions don't like them, so it gives people something to do with their previously useless gifts.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Fuuuuuuucking hell getting Lokin is an expensive endeavor. You only get 4 bio samples a day, so by the end of the week I wouldn't have been able to get him, so I went gently caress it, bought 660 of those blue gels. Almost 3 million down some dude's cred account.

Siegkrow fucked around with this message at 09:12 on May 30, 2018

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah prices are jacked during the event. They drop down when it's not going (less demand)

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Did anyone ever figure out that 'depose the king' achievement for him?

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Warzone changes are coming. Really like the AH changes, it'll really punish teams that ignore objectives and reduces the dependence on healers for attrition wins.

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish
Sorry for this potentially dumb question but what's the point in getting sub deals when you can sub once and get all the bonus content? Does that not apply anymore?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Preferred (ex-sub) get all the story content but you still have to be a sub to do some things (Raid, get gear through Galactic Command, Ranked PvP) along with some other restrictions. But if all you care about is story you can certainly get by just fine as Preferred.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Matchmaking for regs next patch. Slow train comin...

Heh people think "less heals for them, more for me" is the answer when my premade has been running straight DPS for months where I can count losses for the week on one hand. Dead healers can't save you. :getin:

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Crossposting from some other SW thread:

I keep thinking of getting back to SWTOR. I stopped after I hit the vanilla level cap of 50 (I would need to subscribe to surpass it) on my Bounty Hunter despite having just finished Chapter 1. I wanna try all class storylines because I'm a sucker for those (apparently the Trooper one is full of War Crimes™). Good idea? The Emperor storyline looks pretty dope, too.

Alternatively I could actually play through KOTOR1 and KOTOR2, both of which I've never really finished.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Matchmaking for regs next patch. Slow train comin...

Heh people think "less heals for them, more for me" is the answer when my premade has been running straight DPS for months where I can count losses for the week on one hand. Dead healers can't save you. :getin:

There's a few Republic teams on Star Forge that premade with 2 groups trying to queue sync and they're 2 tank/2 healer. It's annoying as poo poo because while they aren't killing you, you can't kill them, and they're generally pretty good at stalling your objective. There's been way too many matches I've run that have lasted forever because they capped one node and stalled the other two.

I think the changes are interesting. We'll see how the matchmaking works.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Schneider Heim posted:

Crossposting from some other SW thread:

I keep thinking of getting back to SWTOR. I stopped after I hit the vanilla level cap of 50 (I would need to subscribe to surpass it) on my Bounty Hunter despite having just finished Chapter 1. I wanna try all class storylines because I'm a sucker for those (apparently the Trooper one is full of War Crimes™). Good idea? The Emperor storyline looks pretty dope, too.

Alternatively I could actually play through KOTOR1 and KOTOR2, both of which I've never really finished.

If you haven't done the Agent storyline, you should. It's fantastic, easily the best one in the game. Trooper is pretty solid, Warrior is great, Inquisitor is also great. Knight is bog-standard Star Wars Chosen One sorta thing so if you like that it's good and if you don't it's not good. I hear Consular is pretty bad.
If you haven't played KOTOR2, it's good. Like a giant middle finger to Star Wars.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

There's a few Republic teams on Star Forge that premade with 2 groups trying to queue sync and they're 2 tank/2 healer. It's annoying as poo poo because while they aren't killing you, you can't kill them, and they're generally pretty good at stalling your objective. There's been way too many matches I've run that have lasted forever because they capped one node and stalled the other two.

I think the changes are interesting. We'll see how the matchmaking works.

Yeah tryhard with cheese comps exist on Satele too...they're frustrating. There are basically two counters 1) beat them to the nodes which is usually best and/or 2) pressure comps especially if the healers are Sorcs and Mercs. If we know these comps are queuing we switch to two Vengeance Juggs, a Hatred Sin, and a Lethality Op or Annihilation Mara. The other team then has a choice...bunch up for DoT spread or spread out and risk losing Guard due to range.

More WZ changes coming too. Acid changes are :discourse:.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I'm torn on the Huttball changes. It makes it so you can't cheese roll to victory with a concealment Operative, but on the other hand I can no longer cheese roll to victory with my Operative

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

This is all useless to me because I don't PVP. Tell me at least that Kira and Scourge are coming back soon.