Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Aren't you from Chicago, one of the world capitals of hosed up police goings on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

COMRADES posted:

I don't understand how it is a myth when it's pretty well documented in a myriad of different ways, from stuff like

to straight up perjuring themselves to protect other officers.

I know, like, me neither

It's a mystery how so many people hear about all those completely 100 percent isolated incidents and see a pattern of bad behavior among our police departments, the officers of which serve the elites only grudgingly and have to be dragged kicking and screaming to the voting booths to maintain our drug laws every single election

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

COMRADES posted:

Aren't you from Chicago, one of the world capitals of hosed up police goings on?

Yup I've been stopped and frisked and they stole my friends weed, also I know a guy that blew the whistle on the secret jail lol

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Luxury Communism posted:

Can a cop even give you a lawful order not to reach for your wallet?

Sure. They can do anything. including shooting you until you are dead if they say the magic code phrase "I was scared."

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
If you think the thin blue line isn't real you're either willfully dense or you have never met a police officer.

Anyone that knows a cop can vouch for it being allll too real.

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

If you think the thin blue line isn't real you're either willfully dense or you have never met a police officer.

Anyone that knows a cop can vouch for it being allll too real.

Dude talk to the officers in GiP they'll set the record straight

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I live near a couple military bases and even the marines comment on how they don't act so hosed up towards the civilians when they are deployed. Our marines are held to higher standard when interacting with foreign civilians whose country they are invading/occupying/helping than our own police officers are when interacting with our own people. I mean that's just what they say of course but still.

Multiple people in the armed services have said that to me completely independently of one another.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

COMRADES posted:

I live near a couple military bases and even the marines comment on how they don't act so hosed up towards the civilians when they are deployed. Our marines are held to higher standard when interacting with foreign civilians whose country they are invading/occupying/helping than our own police officers are when interacting with our own people. I mean that's just what they say of course but still.

Multiple people in the armed services have said that to me completely independently of one another.

Well it's not like you have to win hearts and minds in the US

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Yup I've been stopped and frisked and they stole my friends weed, also I know a guy that blew the whistle on the secret jail lol

Well now I know you can get Stockholm syndrome from a stop and frisk

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Inept posted:

It was 2 female cops, 1 Latina and 1 white

Diversity has solved everything

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

It was 2 female cops, 1 Latina and 1 white

Diversity has solved everything

When I got a gun pulled on me by a female Chicago cop, they waited til a male officer came on the scene to frisk me and put the bracelets on.

Why'd she pull a gun on me? She saw me from street level on the el platform pop up from view and thought I was on the train tracks spray painting I guess? I wasn't and they found nothing on me but because she thought I did she ran up on me and held me at gunpoint til backup arrived, then they tried to hit me with illegal trespassing, which didn't stick.

Chicago cops stay salty.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Inept posted:

Authority bad unless it's Trump or shooting liberal degenerates than authority good

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
theres literally a house down the road from me that flies a huge thin blue line flag in their front yard

edit:

also this is completely true:

COMRADES posted:

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Who What Now posted:

He's confusing you for Yug. And to be fair, you dipshits do tend to blur together.

Wel huh, I have the same brain fart when it comes to telling you and Watermelon apart. :thunk:

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

sexpot posted:

Dude talk to the officers in GiP they'll set the record straight

paging GiP cops to come here and explain why the widely documented, and even posted about in the past by goon cops, phenomenon of the thin blue line is not a real thing.

Try not to have a superiority complex, thanks.

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
when fascism consumes America they're not going to have some dumb new swastika symbol they're just going to change the official US flag to the thin blue line colors

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Space Crabs posted:

paging GiP cops to come here and explain why the widely documented and even posted about in the past phenomenon of the thin blue line is not a real thing.

Try not to have a superiority complex, thanks.

I wanna see this too tbh

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Boner Zone posted:

when fascism consumes America they're not going to have some dumb new swastika symbol they're just going to change the official US flag to the thin blue line colors

already a thing

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Was this posted? Footage from inside the back of a police car, while Castile's fiancée was cuffed, with her toddler back there.

Can't link directly to the video but it's at the top of the page.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/21/new-video-shows-daughter-of-philando-castiles-fiancee-crying-after-hes-killed-by-cop-6725731/

CrimsonSaber
Dec 27, 2005
Metaphysicist
Am I being detained, or am I free to go?
AM I BEING DETAINED?
:clint:

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

COMRADES posted:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/west-virginia-cop-fired-after-not-shooting-suicidal-man-sues-n756976

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
And before some dick says "she shouldn't have been thinking about getting out of the cuffs," no poo poo that's not a smart move. Even though she was seemingly trying to do so so she could attract a cop's attention and get a working phone to get herself and her kid home, still not a smart move.

That isn't the point. The point is the message that kid took away. That kid was four at the time and has already learned the cops might shoot people for reasons that, according to SOP on paper, should not get them shot.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Well that was goddamn depressing.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Authority bad unless it's Trump or shooting liberal degenerates than authority good

Hey dude how we doing today?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

COMRADES posted:

Well that was goddamn depressing.

definitely not fit to be a space cop

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blue Train posted:

already a thing

I'm from baton rouge so we probably have this one flying over the capitol already

people will even put a single line of blue painter's tape across the middle of the back window of their car, I've seen that dozens of times now

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
is it like a crips vs bloods thing or

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

LOL :psyduck:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

T.S. Smelliot posted:

Hey dude how we doing today?

presumably he's not in favor of cops having the power to murder people who they claim smell like weed, so he's doing pretty well, i wager

bad news bareback
Jan 16, 2009

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Lmao, Yanez was the son of an immigrant

This is what narrative collapse looks like

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-minnesota-police-idUSKBN1972PS

Yanez, the son of a Mexican immigrant,

Wait, do you believe that Mexican people can't be racist against black people?

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Lmao, Yanez was the son of an immigrant

This is what narrative collapse looks like

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-minnesota-police-idUSKBN1972PS

Yanez, the son of a Mexican immigrant,

What narrative collapse lol we're talking about the police. There's black cops, too.

What narrative even look at the video and read the statements of both parties for yourself and make a decision after thinking about it instead of picking which news source you like best to tell you.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

COMRADES posted:

The few times we were asked to be on stand by as a riot control force we were less than pleased about it. Aside from the idea of using force on our own people, it really fell outside of the scope of the mission in our opinions. Seeing anyone who volunteers to serve in any capacity abuse it to harm those they said they'd protect is hosed.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

World War Mammories posted:

presumably he's not in favor of cops having the power to murder people who they claim smell like weed, so he's doing pretty well, i wager

Clearly you've never read his opinions on poor people lol

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Sjs00 posted:

is it like a crips vs bloods thing or

yes except its cops vs everyone else and the people that give loud sloppy blow jobs to cops and shame anyone who dares criticize are boys in blue don't realize they are lumped in with the 'not cops'

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Blue Train posted:

already a thing

I'm persecuted too! Someone validate me!

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

T.S. Smelliot posted:

Clearly you've never read his opinions on poor people lol

Dang ol' weed-stinking poors

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

bad news bareback posted:

Wait, do you believe that Mexican people can't be racist against black people?

Mexicans have a real cultural identity issue both here in this country and in Mexico, the conflict between Oscar De La Hoya and Julio Caesar Chavez was the perfect exemplification of that.

http://deadspin.com/julio-cesar-chavez-jr-lost-so-much-more-than-a-fight-1795028415

The relationship between the United States and Mexico is basically the same between Cain & Abel writ large.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jun 22, 2017

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

I like him in spite of the fact that he's not me.
Remember the cop who was fired because he didn't shoot a suspect who wanted to suicide by cop?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/11/us/west-virginia-officer-firing-lawsuit.html

It's literally better for their career to kill you first and sort out the details later.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
lol :yikes: this thread got real weird real quick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
Pig should fry for kiling a beloved dad and member of the community.

• Locked thread