Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
not reading any news or context or anything at all but these generations one-shots are going to be character-ruining cuck bullshit and shame on anyone working on em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

speaking of miles, his book has been pretty disappointing for a while. civil war derailed it and now we're focusing on spider-gwen and miles' dad and I just don't care

at least I still have renew your vows for good spider-man stuff since I haven't liked asm for a long time now

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Generations doesn't have Johnny Blaze and Danny Ketch sitting down and rapping with the current Ghost Rider? What the gently caress Marvel, I had my money ready.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

enigmahfc posted:

Generations doesn't have Johnny Blaze and Danny Ketch sitting down and rapping with the current Ghost Rider? What the gently caress Marvel, I had my money ready.

Robbie is not allowed anywhere anymore. He was barely allowed in his newest book ending next week. :smith:

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I'm actually interested in the Jean/Jean one because so much of Young Jean's arc was originally fascinating in her dealing with the legacy of a dead woman that she would become and and rejecting that path outright. It was rich and incredibly cool, the way her powers developed into new forms was an interesting direction and all of it was abandoned and she was made a casual violator of everyone's privacy. I mean part of that is definitely the fault of the incredibly weak X-book line up, All-New Wolverine excepted, but hopefully Hopeless (I apologize for nothing) will be able to really do something with her/them.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

site posted:

I really hope this doesn't happen even in a self contained one off because Carol has done nothing worthy of reearning kamalas respect

I agree for the most part. But I'm not happy about Civil War II derailing Kamala's story like it did, and a part of me wouldn't be averse to Kamala's series moving on and forgetting about that lovely event. But if the reconciliation does happen the words "I'm sorry too" should absolutely never leave Kamala's lips.

Still, thinking on it more I guess you're right. I think the better thing would be that it takes the first steps towards a reconciliation rather than wrapping it up in a one off. I really liked their relationship but yeah Carol has basically reaped absolutely nothing negative from Civil War II outside of a few people not talking to her anymore. Or at least that was the case before I stopped reading her comic.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Robbie is not allowed anywhere anymore. He was barely allowed in his newest book ending next week. :smith:

Brevoort was the new Ghost Rider's biggest supporter. Ghost Rider just isn't a draw anymore.

I'll be getting all these one shots. I've been a sucker for every Avengers story where they team up with a future and/or past incarnation of the team, so I'll enjoy the more intimate one on one team ups.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Open Marriage Night posted:

Brevoort was the new Ghost Rider's biggest supporter. Ghost Rider just isn't a draw anymore.

People seem to want Ghost Rider, just not the new Ghost Rider.

SMP
May 5, 2009

Just caught up and finished Coates' first Black Panther arc. What's the general opinion of his work so far? I enjoyed it despite it's flaws. He definitely has a unique approach, coming from academia and non-fiction writing. I think he's got some great ideas for the genre and character, but his plotting can be a bit dull. It certainly wasn't a page turner like Hickman's take on the character was. For a supposed nation-wide rebellion, he showed very little of it outside of a few scuffles or referring to it off-screen. It felt a bit like something you'd write for a TV budget.

I also read the first arc of World of Wakanda and uh, well, maybe the new arc with the new writer will be better. I appreciate that Marvel hired a black woman to write a series (for the first time ever, iirc), but it wasn't that great. The art was pretty bad and the writing pretty dated. Thought balloons in the year of our lord 2017.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I've loving loved Coates' BP run. World of Wakanda is pretty good, Roxanne Gay is a fine writer but I'm not sure the story added all that much to the Wakandan story.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rhyno posted:

People seem to want Ghost Rider, just not the new Ghost Rider.

I just don't know why they keep trying to introduce new Ghost Riders.

SMP
May 5, 2009

Robbie is cool and good :colbert:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

SMP posted:

:agreed:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

SMP posted:

which is fine if he was written by someone other than the dude who created him because felipe smith is kind of a bad writer

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

SMP posted:

Sure, but people want to see the one who rides a motorcycle.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

SMP posted:

Just caught up and finished Coates' first Black Panther arc. What's the general opinion of his work so far? I enjoyed it despite it's flaws. He definitely has a unique approach, coming from academia and non-fiction writing. I think he's got some great ideas for the genre and character, but his plotting can be a bit dull. It certainly wasn't a page turner like Hickman's take on the character was. For a supposed nation-wide rebellion, he showed very little of it outside of a few scuffles or referring to it off-screen. It felt a bit like something you'd write for a TV budget.

I also read the first arc of World of Wakanda and uh, well, maybe the new arc with the new writer will be better. I appreciate that Marvel hired a black woman to write a series (for the first time ever, iirc), but it wasn't that great. The art was pretty bad and the writing pretty dated. Thought balloons in the year of our lord 2017.

Regarding World of, yeah the story felt like an incongruitous mix of aping Coates grounded gravitas, and old school romance comics. While I don't take issue with the tone, the kinda regressive storytelling devices really takes you out of what's supposed to be a companion to a very modern and fairly intellectual comic.

And not to say that it was a bad story, I just thought the way it was told kinda dragged it down. And even though it uses thought bubbles, the most intimate characterization device, I never thought we had a good motivation for the two lead's romance.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

SomeJazzyRat posted:

And even though it uses thought bubbles, the most intimate characterization device, I never thought we had a good motivation for the two lead's romance.

The overly-detailed thought bubble text annoyed me so much that I dropped it pretty quickly. And yeah, the art wasn't great either.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I don't know if this was posted earlier, but my LCS emailed me a preview of the first few issues of Secret Empire #1.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pubic works project posted:

I don't know if this was posted earlier, but my LCS emailed me a preview of the first few issues of Secret Empire #1.

Retailers have access to a digital copy of the entire FCBD issue but it's got a digital watermark that would show which shop shared it so I can't toss it up here.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Rhyno posted:

Retailers have access to a digital copy of the entire FCBD issue but it's got a digital watermark that would show which shop shared it so I can't toss it up here.

Oh poo poo. Should I take this down?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I think if it's a preview it's okay.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Oh poo poo. Should I take this down?

SHould be cool if they sent it out in their emails. I think it goes up on Newsarama tomorrow.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Ugh it's that artist from when Bendis was doing a certain run on Avengers it's hot garbage. It's nice that Steve's girlfriend is aging older by the panel.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Daniel Acuna from Uncanny Avengers? I like his stuff, but everyone has different tastes.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I hope steve and skeletor are happy together

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

These are of course, killer bees

The Nazi made of bees is made of Africanized bees?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Manatee Cannon posted:

I hope steve and skeletor are happy together

Sounds like rough going ahead for the couple. Praying for them right now.:ohdear:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Skwirl posted:

The Nazi made of bees is made of Africanized bees?

Like most nazis, Swarm isn't a pure aryan.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Acuna rules, ya maroon.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

Like most nazis, Swarm isn't a pure aryan.

This species of bees are the result of the beehives that General Rommel brought over.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Lurdiak posted:

Sure, but people want to see the one who rides a motorcycle.

I wish it was a anthology about different ghost riders who...let's say, rode a shark, or a wooly mammoth, or biplanes, or a tank, or a elephant...

Or maybe just The undead G-Man himself

And of course, Knuckles O'Shaugnessy

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

TwoPair posted:

I want a comic where Loki and Maximus team up. Alternately, a comic where they face off in a battle of "who can do the craziest poo poo to piss everybody off"

I've been thinking about this for the past few days and what I imagine would happen would be that they would start dating. Not out of any sort of attaction for each other, but so they can host dinner parties and spend the whole night annoying their respective brothers by babytalking to each other and using calling each other embarrassing nicknames.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

I wish it was a anthology about different ghost riders who...let's say, rode a shark, or a wooly mammoth, or biplanes, or a tank, or a elephant...

Uh that Shark is not flaming, clearly worst ghost rider ever.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03/26/marvelssecretempireaxisallies/

"In our previous article, we told how it is revealed that Captain America, Steve Rogers, was always Hydra…because originally Hydra (and thus, the Nazis) won World War II. The Allies, in a last ditch attempt, use a Cosmic Cube to alter reality so that Hydra and the Nazis lose, and that is the Marvel Universe we know. A world that was artificially fabricated by the Allies, including a truly Allies-loyal Cap (possibly because the Allies never learned of his deception?). And thus, when Kobik turned Cap to Hydra, she was actually awakening his true self from the original timeline before the Allies changed everything, and thus allowing Rogers to restore Hydra to its ‘rightful’ position."

???

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Roth posted:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03/26/marvelssecretempireaxisallies/

"In our previous article, we told how it is revealed that Captain America, Steve Rogers, was always Hydra…because originally Hydra (and thus, the Nazis) won World War II. The Allies, in a last ditch attempt, use a Cosmic Cube to alter reality so that Hydra and the Nazis lose, and that is the Marvel Universe we know. A world that was artificially fabricated by the Allies, including a truly Allies-loyal Cap (possibly because the Allies never learned of his deception?). And thus, when Kobik turned Cap to Hydra, she was actually awakening his true self from the original timeline before the Allies changed everything, and thus allowing Rogers to restore Hydra to its ‘rightful’ position."

???

Wait what the gently caress? :psypop: Then why the gently caress would Reed let Franklin remake the Universe in that way???

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's amazing.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
That is the stupidest god drat thing I've heard in a long while.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Wow.

That is some extreme bullshit right there.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, uh, I don't think they're reading the mood very well if they think that's going to be a fun or compelling story to a lot of people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Boy do I hope Ms. Marvel doesn't get tie-ins to this unless it's nothing butbher punching every Nazi in the Marvel universe from cover to cover.

• Locked thread