Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Vasudus posted:

I want NG+ to come out so I can play again and take almost all the opposite choices.

Valar Margoulis, malakas.

Every chance I get I choose
1) I'm not a God
2) The gods didn't send me
3) If you're fuckin with people because of the gods, you're going to die
4) Will do mostly anything for that cash.

Basically a mercenary atheist with a chip on her shoulder because a priest threw her off a mountain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Vasudus posted:

I want NG+ to come out so I can play again and take almost all the opposite choices.

Valar Margoulis, malakas.

timestamped
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lUAnrX7gqw&t=385s

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

You know what I like the most about Odyssey so far? I'm hours in and there has been zero assassin/templar/whatever bullshit. It's Witcher 3 but in Greece and that's cool.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Laranzu posted:

Every chance I get I choose
1) I'm not a God
2) The gods didn't send me
3) If you're fuckin with people because of the gods, you're going to die
4) Will do mostly anything for that cash.

Basically a mercenary atheist with a chip on her shoulder because a priest threw her off a mountain.

5) Be gay do crimes.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

You know you aren't supposed to fight them when you are just starting out right? Like you can literally run right past them and into the building to continue on. I totally get that Dark Souls games aren't everyone's jam. However, of the games in the genre, Bloodbourne is the most forgiving and fun because of its focus on offense by giving you health back if you kill things immediately after getting hit.

Oh I know, I ran past them and one lunged in from off screen and smooshed me into a pillar, then the second one showed up and slapped me silly as I vibrated in place :haw:

EBB posted:

You know what I like the most about Odyssey so far? I'm hours in and there has been zero assassin/templar/whatever bullshit. It's Witcher 3 but in Greece and that's cool.

Big agree, though I wish stealth stabbing chumps with your spear or kicking them off ledges was a one hit kill.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

EBB posted:

Yeah this is basically my favorite part about it, too.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ded posted:

Hot take : dark souls games blow

from downtown

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Whole lotta people ITT disparaging Link to the Past and I will not stand for it.

I will sit. Quietly. And enjoy my coffee.

lttp owns but do you remember

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeL9cJ5khHU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
:eyepop:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

At last, a commercial to pair with this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raif51h8AyM

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

super game boy was rad as hell

420 draw dicks on your game borders errday

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

nintendo's adding zelda 2 and blaster master to switch online

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

if you want to see some wild poo poo check out people who do link to the past randomizer. It's where they take the drop pool and basically roll dice to distribute all the items around the map, and then speedrun the game based on how well they know the map.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

orange juche posted:

if you want to see some wild poo poo check out people who do link to the past randomizer. It's where they take the drop pool and basically roll dice to distribute all the items around the map, and then speedrun the game based on how well they know the map.

I watched I think the game grumps do that and it was nuts.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

orange juche posted:

Those have been my main background noise for the better part of a year.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6duQfQ6pfg

aww yiss

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Preordered. Pre download on ps4 starts the 15th

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

yup i preordered a while ago

idk why but in the past few months ive gone against my no preorder rule for this, tetris effect, and Dead or Alive 6. pretty sure those were safe gets for me though

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I’m in the same boat. Ive only preordered RDR2 prior to that was FO4 on steam.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
v excited for ace combat 7

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

Those have been my main background noise for the better part of a year.

:same:

And then the entrance randomizers on top or the LTTP/Super Metroid together randomizer is also bonkers.

The best romhack I think I have ever seen was last night on AGDQ with Super Mario 3mix with a race between three of the best Mario runners.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

post some good ones here

im building my own game boy advance with a freeplay cm3 board, still waiting on parts but part of the appeal to me is to finally start getting into more romhacks outside of fan translations, especially for OG Game Boy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LITuCl1KpE8

heres the least obnoxious video of what im doing.

basically a pi cm3 board shoved into a gba shell with a nice screen, rechargable battery, and a freeplay cm3 board for the extra face and l2/r2 buttons.

theres a further mod to add on dual analogue sticks, but ps1 support isnt really high on my list.

im also using it as an excuse to play the supposedly great metal gear solid gbc game

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

post some good ones here

im building my own game boy advance with a freeplay cm3 board, still waiting on parts but part of the appeal to me is to finally start getting into more romhacks outside of fan translations, especially for OG Game Boy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LITuCl1KpE8

heres the least obnoxious video of what im doing.

basically a pi cm3 board shoved into a gba shell with a nice screen, rechargable battery, and a freeplay cm3 board for the extra face and l2/r2 buttons.

theres a further mod to add on dual analogue sticks, but ps1 support isnt really high on my list.

im also using it as an excuse to play the supposedly great metal gear solid gbc game

That looks super cool. Keep us updated on how things go. I am a huge sucker for electronics projects and that looks right up my alley.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Not going to lie, Captain Toad's treasure game for the Switch is probably the most relaxing game I ever tried. Also most likely the most peaceful.
Even Mario Odyssey feels like a war crime compared to the happy face Toad has when he finds a star.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I’m pumped about new super Mario bros that game is so fun co-op

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

my daughter and I are going through pokemon lets go right now

they did a really awesome job making it into a gateway pokemon game for kids

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

my daughter and I are going through pokemon lets go right now

they did a really awesome job making it into a gateway pokemon game for kids

same but with the missus

We can just pound wine and play a super cutesy dumb game. The only one complaint I have is that there’s no option to make it harder so you don’t just steamroll everything in co op.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

wtf are all these aloha variants btw, im only versed in 1st gen pokermans

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

wtf are all these aloha variants btw, im only versed in 1st gen pokermans

It's a way to get more variety in a new generation without rebuilding the whole Pokedex each time. Some of em are pretty cool, Alolan Ninetales is my friend, hits like a truck but can't take a hit.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

The Celeste speedrun going on right now is chill and awesome

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

is there a way to transfer my pokemon go arcanine into this poo poo bc he is real and my friend

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

they doing tetris grandmaster or no?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

they doing tetris grandmaster or no?

Not this time, but they have Puyo Puyo Tetris

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Nick Soapdish posted:

:same:

And then the entrance randomizers on top or the LTTP/Super Metroid together randomizer is also bonkers.

The best romhack I think I have ever seen was last night on AGDQ with Super Mario 3mix with a race between three of the best Mario runners.

Here's the YT video of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yeGGqhut7U

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://i.imgur.com/eA5GkOy.mp4
:lol:

Flying_Crab fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jan 11, 2019

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

How hard is it to kill a tank in BFV what the hell

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Are you all picking up ace combat 7 on ps4?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

yep

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Internet Wizard posted:

How hard is it to kill a tank in BFV what the hell

Not very. People complain that tanks are like paper in the game but to be honest, I feel like they work as intended (don't go into a close quarters area without infantry support, and you'll live longer_.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

emptyquote