Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The ICC (the war crime one, not the cricket one) is currently seeking arrest warrants for the leaders of Hamas but more interestingly for Bibi and his defence minister. insha'Allah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

Can’t believe I missed that while looking for news on this from The Big British Castle:

https://www.nao.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2024/05/the-uk-border-implementing-an-effective-trade-border.pdf

With £14.7bn being spent on border controls so we can have blue passports.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Microplastics posted:

It's fine they'll break down until you can't see them *dusts hands* problem solved

username/post combo

fatelvis
Mar 21, 2010

Edit: nevermind - has been covered.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's reet nice out like.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

OwlFancier posted:

It's reet nice out like.

I found a lovely spot with a bench under a tree, overlooking the Moray Firth, gorgeous day without actually getting direct sunshine to make it a bit uncomfortable. Ideal sort of weather really. Light breeze, blue skies, sunshine, but not actually over 20 degrees.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The view in the other direction is less appealing but similar weather, warm sun, cool breeze. Just wish I wasnt on a demo site. My seat is a septic tank and my tree is made of rebar.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 15:20 on May 20, 2024

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Belated best wishes for Jaeluni Asjil, not just for the diagnosis but also having to be at The Grange which can feel like a nightmare. You might not be Welsh but you live in Wales and I feel some kinship with you for that!

Also some of you may remember a while back I had to throw someone out of my work gang who was a bit of an arsehole and he threatened to punch my head in next time he saw me on the street. Well I don't have to worry too much about that for the next few years has he has been given a 20 year sentence for sexual abuse of a child. So how is your Monday going?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

My seat is a septic tank
Anthony Mangnall posting itt

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

bessantj posted:

Also some of you may remember a while back I had to throw someone out of my work gang who was a bit of an arsehole and he threatened to punch my head in next time he saw me on the street. Well I don't have to worry too much about that for the next few years has he has been given a 20 year sentence for sexual abuse of a child. So how is your Monday going?

:stare:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

bessantj posted:

Hmmmmmm. Well while I can't say this is an ideal resolution to your problem, I can't say I'm sorry to hear he's about to hella go to cell block one.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

bessantj posted:

Not too bad, went for a run, did some emails, nobody went to jail and no kids got abused so as Mondays go I think it's average for me

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Tesseraction posted:

Hmmmmmm. Well while I can't say this is an ideal resolution to your problem, I can't say I'm sorry to hear he's about to hella go to cell block one.

Apparently the girl didn't really understand what was going on until the NSPCC visited her school and gave their PANTS presentation. After which she went home and told her mother what was going on. So big W for the NSPCC and the girl.

Microplastics posted:

Not too bad, went for a run, did some emails, nobody went to jail and no kids got abused so as Mondays go I think it's average for me

Nice.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

bessantj posted:

gave their PANTS presentation

Oh I'm sure the presentation wasn't that bad.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

bessantj posted:

Apparently the girl didn't really understand what was going on until the NSPCC visited her school and gave their PANTS presentation. After which she went home and told her mother what was going on. So big W for the NSPCC and the girl.

thought about making some quip about the tories wanting to ban this kind of ""sex education"" but mostly it's just terrifying to think what went unreported when kids didn't get taught this (and would go unreported again if they don't keep on getting taught it in future)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I figured that was part of the point behind all the scrapping LGBT rights/reproductive freedom/human rights/secular values/sex education movement.

That and eventually being able to openly talk about scrapping the race relations act.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Well also that this is a perfect example of 'kid was given the language to express what they were experiencing' and how the tories are currently trying to ban that happening for trans kids.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Government's official line is that the ICC don't have jurisdiction over Israel because the Israelis haven't agreed to it. Which is an utterly insane take and also undermines their own position on Putin's invasion of Ukraine because they are idiots.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://twitter.com/YouGov/status/1791380835821592853

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

British people looking at the countries their government is aligning with on policy:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Where else will they learn that plastic is stored in the balls?
Microplastics found in every human testicle in study

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Maybe that's the only place they can afford to study with the current fees and accommodation prices.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

really feel anyone answering no on the sexual harassment/consent questions should instantly be raided by the pigs

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah lot of hard drive checks due in the red sections here

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Angepain posted:

thought about making some quip about the tories wanting to ban this kind of ""sex education"" but mostly it's just terrifying to think what went unreported when kids didn't get taught this (and would go unreported again if they don't keep on getting taught it in future)

That and the anti gillick competence dickheads. Genuinely their whole worldview is just "bad things only happen to children if you speak of it"

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

sinky posted:

They can't possibly have studied every human testicle.

Was I asleep?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Government's official line is that the ICC don't have jurisdiction over Israel because the Israelis haven't agreed to it. Which is an utterly insane take and also undermines their own position on Putin's invasion of Ukraine because they are idiots.

scraeming at the ICC "I DO NOT CREATE JOINDER READ THE MANGA CARTER" as they drag me off to nuremburg.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I'd like to think that ~4% of those is the same 4% who answer that Obama is a secret lizard on polls to take to piss, but I know that a bunch of people saying that aren't taking the piss.

Absolute best case is that there's a fixed 5% of people who think "schools should just teach the three R's, sex education should be up to the parents" and never think that one through at all.

OwlFancier posted:

That and the anti gillick competence dickheads. Genuinely their whole worldview is just "bad things only happen to children if you speak of it"
Also that children are property. Specifically of the parents, and the state is something something (probably Jewish or Masonic if you go far enough down that rabbit hole).

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

scraeming at the ICC "I DO NOT CREATE JOINDER READ THE MANGA CARTER" as they drag me off to nuremburg.

tbh if you're being dragged off to Nuremburg that's not a bad outcome, it's still just Den Haag you don't wanna go to

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Tesseraction posted:

really feel anyone answering no on the sexual harassment/consent questions should instantly be raided by the pigs

A lot of people get weird about children staying "innocent" of such things.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Mega Comrade posted:

And a non-trivial percentage of those is probably because they have depraved thoughts or intentions towards kiddos.

I mean I can't back up that assertion but always felt that way imo

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Every conservative accusation is a confession

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Mega Comrade posted:

I mean sure, but the consequence of their weirdness is that kids get molested and the molesters don't get caught.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
loving hell I just saw the most dangerous bit of driving I've ever seen. Going down the a21 dual carriageway in Kent, I'm in a long line of cars in the right hand lane going 70ish, all overtaking a tractor, when a ford fiesta comes up at probably around 110mph, undertaking the queue, obviously hasn't spotted the tractor (by this point I'm just saying 'oh my god oh my god oh my god' out loud cos I'm convinced I'm about to witness an absolutely hideous collision), the fiesta is forced to veer onto the hard shoulder /verge, just misses the tractor by literally about a foot, then speeds on its way. I was genuinely shaking after this, it was just loving nuts.

I know acab and everything, but is there anyway this sort of thing can be reported (without getting a reg)? The idea that someone like that is on the roads is just.. Out there and driving like this is absolutely terrifying.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

sinky posted:

paging forums user Microplastics to explain themselves

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

The Perfect Element posted:

loving hell I just saw the most dangerous bit of driving I've ever seen. Going down the a21 dual carriageway in Kent, I'm in a long line of cars in the right hand lane going 70ish, all overtaking a tractor, when a ford fiesta comes up at probably around 110mph, undertaking the queue, obviously hasn't spotted the tractor (by this point I'm just saying 'oh my god oh my god oh my god' out loud cos I'm convinced I'm about to witness an absolutely hideous collision), the fiesta is forced to veer onto the hard shoulder /verge, just misses the tractor by literally about a foot, then speeds on its way. I was genuinely shaking after this, it was just loving nuts.

I know acab and everything, but is there anyway this sort of thing can be reported (without getting a reg)? The idea that someone like that is on the roads is just.. Out there and driving like this is absolutely terrifying.

Without a dash cam recording even with a registration they will do gently caress all.

Unfortunately the state of driving in this country is just very poor. Cameras are not a replacement for traffic officers so bad driving goes completely unpunished.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

The Perfect Element posted:

There are some insane drivers out there, I have no idea how we don't have more accidents.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I had someone mount the berm on the offramp to dalton park coming down the A19, undertake a van in front of me by offroading at a 30 degree tilt along the earthworks that hold the bridge up, then careen back across both lanes into the right lane and rocket off at 100mph.

How they managed to do it without ripping the wheels off the car I don't know. Was only a little hatchback.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
I’ve found that aside from the occasional asshat the driving in this country to be consistently above the global average.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Ride a bike on a regular occasion and you will quickly discover how many drivers are either insane rage monsters or completely checked out and using their loving iPads in moving traffic.