Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

:psyduck: everytime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE
I'm going to print out that Derek quote and hang it amongst my family photos in the hallway

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Thirsty Dog posted:

See, the "two weeks" meme was funny back when it was relevant, when CIG and Roberts kept promising everything in 2 weeks and Goons kept using it as a joke for CIG's scheduling and delaying tactics. But you've done the Derek thing of come in late to a joke you don't fully understand, appropriated it, and now you're running the loving thing into the ground.

It's funny now because CIG never ever say "two weeks" on camera or in text anymore. They banned carebear and sperg from the forums, so this is retaliation.

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted

oh my god this thread is truly an abyss of illogic

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Alan Smithee posted:

What's the deal with Alexis. Is that something they actually did

I think I made that up, but I'm honestly at the point where I can't be sure. CIG gently caress up in so many unexpected directions that it seems even if you make up the most ridiculous thing you can imagine, it'll turn out they did it.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

MeLKoR posted:

Who cares how many LD 3.5" floppies WC 1 came in? WHat possible use could this spreadsheet have to anyone?

When Origin rises from the the ashes, their back catalog better be in order.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Palisader posted:

I'm going to print out that Derek quote and hang it amongst my family photos in the hallway

Be prepared for lots of

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

MeLKoR posted:

Who cares how many LD 3.5" floppies WC 1 came in? WHat possible use could this spreadsheet have to anyone?

Cig really should become a church so they can be tax exempt. I mean poo poo like this makes about as much sense as an emeter and also that way they can touch children

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Chocobo posted:

Hey guys, I'm going to politely recommend that we go dark about The Terrible Secret of Space (at least in the public thread). I just got an unsolicited email from CIG "support" asking some uncomfortable questions. They're in full witchhunt mode, so lets not say or do anything stupid that might jeopardize the source of our amusement.

Dude, straight talk - I think I got the same loving email. Thought it was a goon, I suppose it could still be, but makes me a little nervous regardless TBH.

rabblerabble
Mar 24, 2016
I've been following this thread for months now - until it was locked down - then I paid for a platinum account, just to keep reading this goddamn epic thread.

Waiting patiently for the encrypted message to be outed - you commandos and your videos and comments are an endless source of amusement o9

Love it :goatdrugs:

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
I am so relieved that at least someone decided to leak something of value on this goddamn planet and this goddamn day.
- Thank you #PanamaPapers

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Scruffpuff posted:

Dude, straight talk - I think I got the same loving email. Thought it was a goon, I suppose it could still be, but makes me a little nervous regardless TBH.

What email? Post plz

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Derek don't You have money to make I mean poo poo you read the thread like it's your job

Unless :tinfoil:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Sunswipe posted:

Outfuckingstanding. I've got this glorious image in my head now. Chris is snorting enough cocaine to let Columbia buy the world and shouting about procedurally-generated tortoises. Sandi, carrying a battery powered hair clipper and a magnifying glass, is hunting terrified junior staff members. Disco Lando is playing Elite: Dangerous on his VR headset and wondering how long he can get away with pretending that's important research. Alexis is sending some Star Citizen merchandise back to the manufacturer because it's too high quality and it would be dangerous to get their customers used to anything being well made. Ryan Archer sits in a corner, changing every tenth word in The Great Gatsby prior to sending it to a publisher under his own name. Programmers sit at their desks, sending to CVs to any company that has never heard of CIG. A couple of them dangle from the ceiling by nooses, smiles on their faces. An occasional pistol shot is heard as an artist has their previously accepted work sent back for the twentieth time. Amid all this, still trapped in his seat from the last video recording, Ben Lesnick squints at a pile of old Wing Commander boxes, counting the discs within largely by touch, sometimes tentatively biting one to check whether it's a disc or just another of the novelty cookies his wife makes in a desperate attempt to get him to look at her the way he looks at Chris Roberts.

I hate these guys so much.

Poetry.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

My favorite part is how he explains it with that same tone of "you idiots " that he gets when everyone fails to understand how three months ago could possibly be the same thing as next month

peter gabriel posted:

Be prepared for lots of

GOOD

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

drat Dirty Ape posted:

It seems like goons are bullshitting because everyone is all like 'it made me so mad and so sad' rather than 'HAHAHAHAHA'.

Also the fact that they are goons and posting.

I think a lot of people are playing along to save face and those in the know aren't saying anything besides that they won't say anything.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
Completely off topic (i don't know why i felt the need to type that):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k_LPEm0gtc

quote:

I wish it was a solid object so i can wring its loving neck.

quote:

It's a game of casual hand-holding wank.

No broken bells, tho.
I am disappoint.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Cig should hire people to do nothing but white noise post around the clock, I'm serious

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I'm a completely worthless person, but whoever wrote all this poo poo needs to get a life. God drat.

XK fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Apr 4, 2016

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

AP posted:

It's funny now because CIG never ever say "two weeks" on camera or in text anymore. They banned carebear and sperg from the forums, so this is retaliation.

They don't say it because they got up in front of the fans and basically said "gently caress deadlines" and got applauded for it. They don't feel the need to give actual dates any more. Just hazy ideas on what might possible make the cut off for the monthly updates.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

MeLKoR posted:

I'm telling you, he's "playing office".
Like a little kid.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I can't get a mysterious email because CIG doesn't have my email address :smug:

To those that still don't get it,

It's all in the numbers, Mason

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

Google Butt posted:

Cig should hire people to do nothing but white noise post around the clock, I'm serious

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

XK posted:

I'm a completely worthless person, but whoever wrote all this poo poo needs to get life. God drat.

Mods change thread title plz

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Post the email or it didn't happen. We'll know it's real if it says "butthurt" and is written like a 10yo did it.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Alan Smithee posted:

Mods change thread title plz

gently caress, you quoted me before I made my corrective edit.

Another edit: It still works anyway.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Thirsty Dog posted:

They don't say it because they got up in front of the fans and basically said "gently caress deadlines" and got applauded for it. They don't feel the need to give actual dates any more. Just hazy ideas on what might possible make the cut off for the monthly updates.

They don't use the phrase "two weeks" at all in relation to anything, not just deadlines.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

Hey sandi you should hire me to just read the thread out to you all day

My rates are reasonable

eviljack
Feb 26, 2016

You're getting hungry

Goobs posted:

What email? Post plz

XK
Jul 9, 2001

AP posted:

They don't use the phrase "two weeks" at all in relation to anything, not just deadlines.

Fortnight! Two weeks is a fortnight.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Posting because I have to go to bed and for all I know you bastards will somehow have gotten this thing to 3000 by the time I wake up.
Also, I read a ways back Derek talking about how he had to take meds at some point or something, anyhow Dr Smart I am sorry I called you psychotic a few times, I feel bad for that.
I still do not believe your wild claims but I am naturally hoping that the big reveal does in fact exist and happens soon.

Fellow thread travellers I love you all. Free Sarsaparilla.

El Grillo fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Apr 4, 2016

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

AP posted:

And they never said it that often to begin with, it was "a couple of weeks", "two weeks", "a few weeks", "ten days or so", etc etc.

You're over thinking it. They've not had any reason to talk about short term deadlines. They're a hosed up company but they have not literally banned the use of that phrase.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

Rashaverak posted:

I'm not going to post the project I'm working on, but it's been going for 13 years (I haven't been involved that long) and finally looks like we'll be getting funded next year and get to make our *thing*.

Unlike what this sounds to be.

How do I do a chargeback on a years old purchase? I'd be interested in a spaceships refund.

Read this to the end for a synopsis of what's been going down (in flames) if you're curious.

tl;dr game is hosed/vaporware because Chris Roberts is an idiot who blew 110 million USD making a few jank-rear end tech demos and a 1990's CDi-style interactive movie that reportedly makes Uwe Boll look like Stanley Kubrick.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
Even a broken doomsday clock is eventually right

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/325360/what-are-you-here-for

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6532592/#Comment_6532592

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6533011/#Comment_6533011

Neutron Bandit
Apr 28, 2008

The sad thing is how simple a focused game with this budget could have these features.

These lambs shall have none of them.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

:golfclap:

Hell...

:asoiaf:

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Rich text...................

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016