Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
I thought Ben couldn't count to 2.
But look at him go!

e: catte snippe

orcinus fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Apr 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

It seems like goons are bullshitting because everyone is all like 'it made me so mad and so sad' rather than 'HAHAHAHAHA'.

Also the fact that they are goons and posting.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Rashaverak posted:

I have no idea what's going on here. All I know is I bought some silly starship years ago, disappeared down the rabbit hole of doing physics, and now I've emerged to find this.

I don't think I'm going to get to play starships.

If you have been studying physics then hooo boy are you in for a treat :patriot:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

please tell me these are people waiting for kate middleton and not trainspotters or I will nuke england

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Rashaverak posted:

I have no idea what's going on here. All I know is I bought some silly starship years ago, disappeared down the rabbit hole of doing physics, and now I've emerged to find this.

I don't think I'm going to get to play starships.

hello. get a chargeback.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Alan Smithee posted:

please tell me these are people waiting for kate middleton and not trainspotters or I will nuke england

Could you wait? I'm a very odd person and would like to revisit Yorkshire first.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I owned a TON of ships in EVE that I never flew or just toyed around with in the hanger and then ended up selling at a loss. I can't wait to do this again in Star Citizen.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Tippis posted:

Could you wait? I'm a very odd person and would like to revisit Yorkshire first.

Try the pudding!

RuckusRouser
Sep 28, 2015

Theres a lot of close ups of landing gear

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Here comes a boxed version of Wing Commando with the original manual all still in its sealed packaging TOOT TOOT

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

See, the "two weeks" meme was funny back when it was relevant, when CIG and Roberts kept promising everything in 2 weeks and Goons kept using it as a joke for CIG's scheduling and delaying tactics. But you've done the Derek thing of come in late to a joke you don't fully understand, appropriated it, and now you're running the loving thing into the ground.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Thirsty Dog posted:

See, the "two weeks" meme was funny back when it was relevant, when CIG and Roberts kept promising everything in 2 weeks and Goons kept using it as a joke for CIG's scheduling and delaying tactics. But you've done the Derek thing of come in late to a joke you don't fully understand, appropriated it, and now you're running the loving thing into the ground.

can I haz all ur base are belong to us?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
No promises were made, therefore no promises were broken

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

He'll be claiming dancing cat for himself in six months time

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Thirsty Dog posted:

Rashaverak
May 13, 2001

"Cock'n'Balls" is a pinnacle of modern medicine.

peter gabriel posted:

If you have been studying physics then hooo boy are you in for a treat :patriot:

I'm not going to post the project I'm working on, but it's been going for 13 years (I haven't been involved that long) and finally looks like we'll be getting funded next year and get to make our *thing*.

Unlike what this sounds to be.

How do I do a chargeback on a years old purchase? I'd be interested in a spaceships refund.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

"No promises have been made"

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/the-pledge

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqFCAAipwcg&t=170s

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

peter gabriel posted:

I am such a child :laugh:

crawling in my ship
bugs cig will never patch

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

"We, the Developer, intend to treat you with the same respect we would give a publisher."

Well they weren't lying about that, Chris is treating backers exactly like he treated Microsoft. Unfortunately the backers can't have him fired...

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted
I'M SIX THOUSAND POSTS BEHIND EVERYONE SHUT UP FOR A SECOND

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

peter gabriel posted:

I am such a child :laugh:

yuck hit the show less button already

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Ghostlight posted:

crawling in my ship

:golfclap:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Ghostlight posted:

crawling in my ship

:thurman:

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

peter gabriel posted:

PETER IS MY LORD AND SAVIOR

SAVIOUR

WHATEVER

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Dogstoyevsky posted:

Always go to the most recent post and refresh from there. This is most white noise thread I've seen in ten years

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Dogstoyevsky posted:

:justpost: :parp:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Outfuckingstanding. I've got this glorious image in my head now. Chris is snorting enough cocaine to let Columbia buy the world and shouting about procedurally-generated tortoises. Sandi, carrying a battery powered hair clipper and a magnifying glass, is hunting terrified junior staff members. Disco Lando is playing Elite: Dangerous on his VR headset and wondering how long he can get away with pretending that's important research. Alexis is sending some Star Citizen merchandise back to the manufacturer because it's too high quality and it would be dangerous to get their customers used to anything being well made. Ryan Archer sits in a corner, changing every tenth word in The Great Gatsby prior to sending it to a publisher under his own name. Programmers sit at their desks, sending to CVs to any company that has never heard of CIG. A couple of them dangle from the ceiling by nooses, smiles on their faces. An occasional pistol shot is heard as an artist has their previously accepted work sent back for the twentieth time. Amid all this, still trapped in his seat from the last video recording, Ben Lesnick squints at a pile of old Wing Commander boxes, counting the discs within largely by touch, sometimes tentatively biting one to check whether it's a disc or just another of the novelty cookies his wife makes in a desperate attempt to get him to look at her the way he looks at Chris Roberts.

I hate these guys so much.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Someone should post that method Derek shared for how he keeps up with the thread, it is both useless and a real glimpse into the mind of a mad man

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Good Dumplings posted:

PETER IS MY LORD AND SAVIOR

SAVIOUR

WHATEVER

You'd better call him “LOURD” as well, just to be on the safe side.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Tic Toc

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Hey guys, I'm going to politely recommend that we go dark about The Terrible Secret of Space (at least in the public thread). I just got an unsolicited email from CIG "support" asking some uncomfortable questions. They're in full witchhunt mode, so lets not say or do anything stupid that might jeopardize the source of our amusement.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Tippis posted:

M'Lord

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

Someone should post that method Derek shared for how he keeps up with the thread, it is both useless and a real glimpse into the mind of a mad man

First he reads the whole thing backwards, then he starts in the middle(?) and then he has a glass of orange juice and then he re-reads the most recent page.

Then he picks a post 600 pages ago to reply to, confusing the gently caress out of whoever he quotes.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Tippis posted:

YE AULDE LOURDE

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Alan Smithee posted:

http://trainspotting.wikia.com/wiki/The_Trainspotter%27s_Wiki

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

peter gabriel posted:

D_Smart posted:

I have a better method.

1) bookmark the last page I was on when I leave
2) return (usually next day or when I have a lull in my day/eve), go to the current last page
3) open current last page in new tab
4) read backward +5 pages
5) go to bookmark in #1, read forward +5 pages
6) repeat until I arrive where #4 and #5 meet
7) go to #3
8) proceed as normal (usually, depending on how much poo poo is going down, it takes an average of +10 pages to catch up)

Seriously, I read every loving post. And I tend to archive (to Clipmate and/or Evernote depending on post type e.g. Gorf's masterpieces ALWAYS go into Evernote) as I go along

ps: this works/makes sense if you're on the autism spectrum like me

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Sunswipe posted:

Outfuckingstanding. I've got this glorious image in my head now. Chris is snorting enough cocaine to let Columbia buy the world and shouting about procedurally-generated tortoises. Sandi, carrying a battery powered hair clipper and a magnifying glass, is hunting terrified junior staff members. Disco Lando is playing Elite: Dangerous on his VR headset and wondering how long he can get away with pretending that's important research. Alexis is sending some Star Citizen merchandise back to the manufacturer because it's too high quality and it would be dangerous to get their customers used to anything being well made. Ryan Archer sits in a corner, changing every tenth word in The Great Gatsby prior to sending it to a publisher under his own name. Programmers sit at their desks, sending to CVs to any company that has never heard of CIG. A couple of them dangle from the ceiling by nooses, smiles on their faces. An occasional pistol shot is heard as an artist has their previously accepted work sent back for the twentieth time. Amid all this, still trapped in his seat from the last video recording, Ben Lesnick squints at a pile of old Wing Commander boxes, counting the discs within largely by touch, sometimes tentatively biting one to check whether it's a disc or just another of the novelty cookies his wife makes in a desperate attempt to get him to look at her the way he looks at Chris Roberts.

I hate these guys so much.

What's the deal with Alexis. Is that something they actually did

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

peter gabriel posted:

I just clicked the link and that is genuinely sad :lol:

Who cares how many LD 3.5" floppies WC 1 came in? WHat possible use could this spreadsheet have to anyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Hey everyone reading this thread who hates Derek, reg and white noise post as much as possible.he reads it all

• Locked thread