Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Milotic posted:

My wife [34f] and I [36m] are having a fundamental disagreement about religion because our son [6] wants to go to Mass

I don’t know if doubling down on your heritage is going to work in the way you want it to work - should have really done it from the start.

I wouldn't sweat it, nothing says future atheist like a jew exposed to catholicism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Husband (27m) spent my (25f) entire savings without my permission.

quote:

I was recently laid off(end of November ) and I was planning to use my tax return and 401k money to go back to school (about 8000 USD). My husband and I had several conversations about this plan. He said his income alone was enough to cover our monthly expenses and I would not need a job. I could focus on going to school full time using our savings (his 2000 USD plus my 8000 ). I am currently going to a community college, the savings was supposed to be for school expenses and emergencies only.

I let him have complete control over our finances because I feel I am an “overbearing wife” and thought allowing him to have the responsibility would compensate for that. It was foolish, I understand that now, but he had a better history with money and I thought I could trust him better than myself with our money. I only found out the money was gone when I asked about our savings after an emergency involving our water happened. I feel hurt. I told him I want a divorce but my school issues and state law means I’m bound to him for at least another year. I also come from an abusive background and this is bringing up other emotional issues.

I’m sure I spent the money just as much as him but he knew I didn’t know how much money we were blowing through. I very rarely use my card or buy things with out talking with him first. He wants to work through this but we also had infidelity issues (7 and 5 years ago he left me for another woman twice) and I don’t know how many giant gently caress ups I can accept from one person.

TLDR: I am a unemployed student and my husband didn’t tell me the money for school is gone. We already had issues. I’m hurt. I’m confused.

Edit: clarifying what I mean by I spent the money as well is he claims the money all went on going out together. I did expect him to restrict us. He recently got a raise so I thought that was where our “extra” money came from and I gave no second thoughts to it. He paid the restaurant checks (which is the only going out we really did and these were not fancy places but we did eat out frequently, I’d say two to three times a week).
lol at both of them

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

(7 and 5 years ago he left me for another woman twice)
Good grief, show even the slightest bit of spine and you'd still have your savings (and probably his!)

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
dad bi so what

Found out parents are swingers (self.sex)

submitted 14 hours ago by tt569430

quote:

Hi everyone! I was hoping to reach out to people on this thread who're involved in the swinger/open relationship community, just to help me understand and be okay with some stuff i found out about my parents recently.

To make a long story short, i'm a college student who still lives with my dads (mostly to save money on housing). For background, my parents are a same-sex couple (my sis and i are bio siblings they adopted at a super young age). I thought i'd understood my dads (lets call them 'Steve' and 'John') super well in terms of their relationship, they seemed like a loving couple, and they provided a great home for me and my sis.

What happened is that a few days ago, i came home early from a final, and walked in on one of my dads (John) having loud sex with a female friend of theirs. I knew that this woman (who'd hung out with us many times over the years!) was bi, but had no idea that my dad John was too. I was naturally shocked and upset, so i left. my dad John tried calling me a few times, and i ignored him. I eventually called my other dad Steve because i felt like he deserved to know, and he told me that he's sorry for what i saw, but explained that it's okay, because they are in an open relationship and that John is bi (they never explained this to me or my sis, as they didn't feel like it's our business to know their orientations, though my dad Steve is actually gay). I guess i was hoping to hear from someone who knows the non-monogamous lifestyle who can talk about how committed couples can be like this. Don't mean this to sound like an attack or criticism, though i get that it might, i just really want to understand (and don't know if i'd feel comfortable talking with my parents about this in detail!).

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Palpek posted:

Husband (27m) spent my (25f) entire savings without my permission.

I don't really get where this lady is coming from, because they're married, and she lets her husband have control over "their" finances, but she still thinks of the savings as "his" less money and "her" more money. It's either "the family's" money, or it's not.

That said I was waiting to see the big irresponsible purchase he blew 10 grand on without talking to her about it, like he bought a boat or whatever, and it turns out they just spent it all on going out to eat a lot???? How do you spend 10 thousand loving dollars on restaurants without noticing???

in closing

quote:

lol at both of them

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

loquacius posted:

I don't really get where this lady is coming from, because they're married, and she lets her husband have control over "their" finances, but she still thinks of the savings as "his" less money and "her" more money. It's either "the family's" money, or it's not.

That said I was waiting to see the big irresponsible purchase he blew 10 grand on without talking to her about it, like he bought a boat or whatever, and it turns out they just spent it all on going out to eat a lot???? How do you spend 10 thousand loving dollars on restaurants without noticing???

in closing

In the comments she says she went through the bank statements and it turns out he was also spending it at Walmart. Lol at blowing $10k on Walmart junk and restaurants.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

LadyPictureShow posted:

My (21F) boyfriend (21M) keeps getting mad at me because he keeps breaking things

So this user has actually posted about this guy more than once. This is from 4 months ago.

I [21F] don’t have enough self esteem to leave my cruel boyfriend [20M]

quote:

This is going to be really long, I’m sorry. My relationship with David started almost like a love story, I was a smart but poor girl from the suburbs and he was a hardened boy from the city who I met at college our freshman year. We are about to approach our 2 year anniversary in February, and I don’t know how to leave him despite how awfully he treats me now.

I’ve always had issues with my confidence. I was bullied a lot all through school and currently have little to no friends in college. I’m emotionally inept, though, I just have issues with people ever wanting to stay in my life. David asked me out randomly after first semester our freshman year; he was in one of my classes but I never noticed him. He came into my life and listened to all of the things that I never told anyone. He promised me he would never treat me like everyone else in my life has, including my own mother, who abandoned me my senior year of high school. I have had to put myself financially through college. I trusted him. Our relationship was almost perfect for the first few months, we never argued, I did my thing during the day and he did his and we would hang out at night. It was amazing. I felt like after all of my suffering, I had finally met my soulmate. We had the same goals, he wanted to become successful and live a comfortable like like me, something both of us had never experienced. We talked of marriage and kids. He was my best friend, he was kind. He never even wavered in his loyalty to me, in terms of other women. We had the same sense of humor, liked weird things, and I never felt judged.

But after only 7 months of dating, we moved in together on campus, our fatal mistake, I guess. David has no time management skills and is pretty lazy, something he expressed to me he wanted to change to achieve his goals. He didn’t like being mediocre in his classes. He never studied, never did homework, and slept in class. His GPA is a 2.4. Where he came from in the city, he never had to work very hard to do good enough, he didn’t know college would be this hard. He would go to school high every day and still get A’s. He’s been smoking weed and drinking since 13. I loved him, I wanted to help, because if he got better then our future would become brighter. I began to urge him to develop a work ethic and manage his time better so that he could enjoy bullshitting his time but also spend time with me and do well in his classes.

I think if we didn’t live together, he wouldn’t have grown to resent me. He viewed my help as trying to control him, stop him from having fun. His friends (who all went to the same high school as him and all have similar terrible work ethics) text him every day to play video games and smoke weed no matter what tests or responsibilities they have. Let’s just say their friendship isn’t very deep, they all have poor GPAs and their time spent together is just loving around. I didn’t want to take this from David, since he uses it as an outlet, but him spending all of his time either with his friends bullshitting or in our room on his phone/sleeping was going to ruin his chances in college.

David stopped going to the gym and gained about 50 lbs in about 4 months. his confidence went down and he started to take this out on me. We argued almost every day once we started living together. He blamed me for everything: not hanging out with his friends anymore, (still) not doing well in classes, gaining weight. I nagged too much, complained too much, put too much responsibility on him. He started to then become emotionally and verbally abusive towards me, breaking up with me every 3 days, telling me he hated me, telling me he hated my voice. But I still stayed, because when we would make up again, he would say he never meant that and would be my best friend again until that other side of him comes back. He would be so cruel to me. He would walk out on me crying, go hang out with his friends. He dumped me two days before my 21st birthday, 2 days before this past Thanksgiving, and just on this past New Year’s Day.

Every single time, he never came back to me because he wanted to. It’s because I begged him. I would beg and plead with him not to leave me for hours on end until he gives in, says sorry, then comes back to the room. He is now only tolerant of me until I interfere in his decisions. Today, I had to agree to not question him on anything (where/when he goes and why) in order for him to not leave me again. I don’t know what happened, I never treated him bad. But he treats me like I’m the worst thing that’s ever happened to him. He told me that despite his promises and despite how he said he wants to be better, he no longer wants me and just misses not having any responsibilities. He misses not doing anything wrong and being able to do whatever he wants with his time. He said (today) that he never should have gotten into a relationship because he wasn’t ready.

I’m not asking you all what I should do. I know I need to leave him. But I don’t know how to. At this point any confidence and love I had for myself has been obliterated, he’s told me everything about me is annoying and terrible. My love for him is so warped that every time he leaves, I beg him to stay and I don’t have enough courage or standing to leave myself. That would leave me completely alone financially and emotionally. I’ve rationalized to myself to be grateful for when he’s good to me and accept when he’s bad to me. I’m not the prettiest, nor do I have a great personality. I’ve never been someone to go out and party and have a circle of friends, and he knew that. But now he’s tired of me and I have no tools to heal myself enough to leave him without looking back.

TL;DR I’ve been dating a guy for 2 years who went from loving who I am to hating everything about me because he now feels trapped and controlled. I now no longer have enough self confidence to leave him because I fear loneliness more than I do his abuse, something I’ve experienced most of life by others. I’m like a frog in gradually warming hot water. How do I leave without looking back? I have no one, no family or friends. He’s all I have. Help.

Someone go date this poor girl instead.

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
My (23f) boyfriend (29m) of 2 months posts things like "she is my soul" & Jerry McGuire gif of "you complete me" on IG. He cried when I said we weren't to that place yet. Is this red flag territory?

quote:

So I've been dating "Chris" for about 2 months. I'm a little bit younger than him so I feel like I expressed to him very clearly that I'm not ready for any sort of commitment. Before this all happened I really liked him and to be very honest I told him he was the type of guy I could see myself committing to "some day."

So Chris loves Instagram, I mean loves it. We went to Coachella this year and I think he actually missed nearly everything because he had his face in his phone either taking selfies, stories, or videos or checking the various hashtags. I was really there to see Cardi B and my phone was stolen early on so I really wasn't keeping up with what he was posting. So keep in mind Coachella was a few weeks ago, even earlier in our relationship.

I just now went through his IG and there are dozens and dozens of posts of him and me all with little cutsie animated texts that say things like "she is my soul" and "soulmates 4eva!" and the absolute worst was a gif of that movie Jerry McGuire where he says "you complete me" and the actress says "shut up" (maybe some girls like that kind of stuff but it's not me at all). There are probably 5 posts a week of him and I, some I remember him taking, some not that all have things like "BAE" and "GOAT" tagged in them. At first he got mad at me because his feelings were hurt I wasn't keeping up with his Instagram. Then I said to seriously pump the brakes and I'm not obligated to ever check his social media and that I was really not cool with being called his soul mate. He threw the line in my face that I said I would commit to him someday. I said that's not what I said, I said he was the type of guy I could MAYBE commit to someday. He then started crying (I hate the term ugly crying, but he was UGLY crying, complete with snot and sniffles). It seriously reminded me of my little brother when my dad got rid of his ex-box--i.e. something you never want to think about a guy who you haven't slept with yet.

I felt bed so I tried to calm him down and say it's no big deal and then he got some nerve back and said that social media is very important to him and he "needs" me to be involved in that aspect of his life. I said I would try harder and left back for my apartment.

But I keep reliving that scene over and over of him crying, I didn't really sleep last night because I felt like I'm in over my head and that I don't ever want to be committed to look at Instagram and be judged for liking/not liking posts and making comments. I think I could go my whole life and not be mentioned as soulmate on social media and be very happy with it. My last IG post was from spring break, which I should probably take down anyways because my swimsuit is probably not appropriate when I'm looking for a job. I just don't care that much about it.

Is this a serious red flag for this relationship?

**tl;dr: my boyfriend tags me on IG with lots of things that first of all, I don't really like and secondly imply that our relationship is much further along than it is. I told him I didn't like and he started crying and he "needs" me to be involved in his social media life. I agreed I would try harder but I've slept on it and I see red flags. Is this correct?"

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
He definitely wants to wear her skin

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Oh yeah. Big time

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
get the gently caress out of there like fuckin' yesterday, lady!

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
When will I [14/F] get to have meaningful sex? And when will a boy really want to be with me?

quote:

u/PastMaterial
I've always had problems getting the boys in school to pay attention to me. Every time I speak to a guy they're not interested in a meaningful relationship, just sex sex sex.

My friends have told me to get my rear end out more for the boys, and I usually do when I'm drunk. Me and my friends go to parties a few times a week, and I'll have sex with a guy there, but he'll gently caress me off the next day, and it's just always been like that.

I just want a meaningful gently caress for once, not some cheap sex. What can I do?

TL;DR: How can i get guys interested in a relationship with me?

Good parenting there!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Milotic posted:

When will I [14/F] get to have meaningful sex? And when will a boy really want to be with me?

Good parenting there!

"my friends keep telling me to have drunk hookups, and I do, but somehow all I get is drunk hookups"

Poor kid, her friends don't really get it

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
It came from Ask a Manager, and boy is this one juicy. You must read the whole thing.

my dad is dating my boss, and they want me to go to couples therapy with them

quote:

My dad started dating this woman (Jill) about two years ago, after he and my stepmom amicably divorced. As this was going on, I graduated from grad school, ended my student internship, and started looking for jobs. In six months, I applied to 275 jobs and didn’t get a single interview. I was desperate for work when my dad said Jill needed a new executive assistant. Jill is the chair of a nonprofit, and the job came with a good salary and a lot new responsibilities. I had an interview and was offered the job right away.

Immediately, things were much worse than I expected:

• She tells me when to start working either late at night or in the morning. My hours aren’t terribly long, but it is impossible to schedule anything since I don’t know my schedule in advance, and my health and self-care have taken a beating. I don’t have set hours, so she calls and texts at any time, and I never know when I’m done for the day.

• One of my main roles is to work on her book, a memoir about the struggles of being a minority and a woman. My dad, a white man, is writing the entire thing secretly; she hasn’t told her publisher that a ghostwriter is involved, and he is getting no compensation or recognition as she goes around telling everyone that she’s the only woman of this ethnic group to write a book on the subject.

• When I ask clarifying questions, she belittles me (“That’s common sense” or “You know as much as I do”).

• She’s rude and cruel to me in front of others at meetings, events, and on conference calls. Once when I said the way she was talking to me was making me flustered, she yelled that this is how she manages people, that I perceive things the wrong way, and that it’s a problem with me.

• She is always coming up with elaborate rumors about our out-of-state staff. She often says that her former assistant had brain damage; her reasoning was that she was born premature and therefore must have brain damage and be “mentally handicapped.” So-and-so is obese because her kid died and now she’s too emotionally unstable to work.

So-and-so must be crazy because he chose to serve on a submarine while in the Navy.

• She doesn’t do anything herself because she doesn’t know how to use Word. She makes me come to her house to print things because she doesn’t want to open them on her computer. I write columns under her name, and then we go through upwards of six drafts as she makes minuscule tweaks, forgets she made those tweaks, and changes them back to the original, all while criticizing me for not making any sense.

• She volunteered to watch her infant granddaughter twice a week, but she started leaving the baby with me while she goes to her law office. I don’t get paid extra for this; she says that would be unfair to the organization.

We go through cycles where I think everything is fine, and then I get yelled at about something small that I didn’t realize was an issue. Every time there’s some sort of problem, I try to change what I do, only to have a new problem spring up that was never an issue before. My job has become one big game of whack-a-mole that I’m being forced to play when I really just want to focus on the mountain of tasks I’ve been assigned. She wants me to be just a personal assistant, but the job responsibilities I have are a lot bigger than that (helping to plan large events and writing for our publications), and tending to her has become a distraction from my work, which I know bothers her. I try to be polite and helpful, but I have so much stuff to do that it’s hard to remind her to respond to emails, especially when usually she snaps that I should know how to respond myself, even when she needs to review things to give the final okay.

She’s also always brought my dad into things. When I first started, she’d say she cared more about me being her assistant than dating my dad, and that if she needed to devote more time to making our work relationship better, she’d end things with my dad. I was constantly terrified of doing something that would make her dump my father.

In the months since, my dad has moved in, and they started seeing a couples counselor (Jill constantly threatens to end their relationship).

Last week, I forgot to do something, she reminded me, and I quickly did the task. Hours later at 11 p.m., she accused me of not doing it and started sending me long, mean texts saying, “This is becoming a problem with you,” etc. When I said I had done the task, she said she shouldn’t have had to remind me. I thought I’d just ride the storm out. Everything I said was met with a different criticism, I wasn’t sure what to do, it was late, and this wasn’t productive, so I didn’t respond to her last text (which hadn’t asked anything of me). Soon after, my dad called to say that Jill had yelled at him for half an hour about distracting me from my work. The next day, they went on a weeklong vacation to Mexico, where she had sporadic internet access. She barely emailed me the entire time, leaving me to work on her book.

Yesterday, my father started giving me job advice: morning check-ins and updates with Jill, etc. — things I do every day and have been doing for the past 10 months. Then he said, “Would you be open to seeing our family therapist with us to help with your job?” I told him there was no way I was going to do that. I was really upset afterwards that he would try to put me in that position where they would gang up on me in their therapist’s office, especially when he knows I’ve started seeking out other jobs.

This morning, she told me to come over at 8:30 a.m. When I got there, she and my dad sat opposite me and spent 45 minutes scolding me, citing “complaints” by the out-of-state employees with whom I have great relationships and get along very well. Then she said that the only solution she can think of to deal with my communication problems is for me to join her and my father at their couples therapist. She said I hadn’t forgotten to do the task from the week before and that it was a deeper issue.

I was literally cornered in her living room, and I could see from my heart rate monitor that I was at 115 bpm, frantically trying not to hyperventilate. When I said I thought it was inappropriate to go see a therapist with my boss and my dad, she said she would write it into my job requirement or put me on probation. She’s given me two days to agree to therapy or write a list of all the reasons I won’t go with them and what I’ll do to change my behavior. I seriously suspect she has narcissistic personality disorder, and I know from experience that she doesn’t respond well when I try to explain myself or disagree with her.

I’ve been depressed for months, but I’ve reached a new level of desperation. I would work anywhere else — I would do anything else. I’ve been applying to jobs for a couple weeks now, and I would be thrilled to wait tables while continuing my job hunt. My mom says that I won’t be able to get a good job if I’ve quit a job after less than a year and start doing something that isn’t on a larger career path, but all of my friends my age say that my health is more important. I feel so confused, gaslighted, abused — and then I feel like maybe I’m just being a millenial and don’t have what it takes to be successful. Am I just a bad employee? I probably don’t have the best personality for a personal assistant, but I try to work hard, keep organized and professional, and board members go out of their way to compliment me when we’re at meetings and events. Since getting this job, I never complained to my father about his girlfriend or brought her up, but Jill is constantly blurring the boundaries by asking about extremely personal things during work and bringing up work when we’re celebrating holidays and birthdays.

I am miserable and feel so trapped and confused. Is all this normal?! I have so many mixed signals about every aspect of my job, and this situation is taking over my life. What do I do when I have to give my answer to the ultimatum?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Milotic posted:

The poster goes to great lengths to explain how aware she is of her privilege. But if her friend doesn’t want to go to any bars but just stay at home, it’s not really an issue?

My best friend[25 f] is transgender and treats me [24 f] like a biggot for wanting to go out and party at “straight” clubs and bars.

Sounds like the issue is the friend doesn't have anything else going on and is super clingy to the point of being controlling. Like op is genuinely considering giving up their social life just to comfort her.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Gf (27) blew up and me and silent treatment because I (m28) get high doing all the chores.

quote:

I like two things. Having a clean home, and getting high here and there.

I smoked a lot in college but I can't smoke as much anymore. This works well, I use weed as a bit of a treat in a way. Smoking too much I can really feel it impacting my concentration at work and diet and such.

So, here's the deal with me and weed right now. I have every second friday off. A buddy of mine I go to gym with get together and blaze after our workout. I have a pretty good home theatre setup and he is a big movie/tv buff. He watches a lot of Indy content. Him and I get home maybe 20 minutes after my partner leaves for work. He brings some weed and we blaze, maybe listen to music, chat and play games or whatever. From here, he'll watch the more Indy stuff on my tv, whereas I'll get onto my cleaning routine. We're both cool with this, we hang other times too.

In my high state I find I really enjoy cleaning. Put my headphones on and get it all out of the way in one go thoroughly.

I will clean the entire home

-dishes and clothes clean and put away
-bathrooms
-vacuuming
-lawns and yard (not much)
-throwing out rubbish as it gets collected that day
-windows
-dusting
-groceries (but done night previous)
-do any other random things (paperwork/pay bills/errands)
-Also during this time I'm put some baking and dinner on, maybe some cookies for the munchies and some meat and veg on for our dinner later on that night and some leftovers into the weekend.

the whole place is sparkling. I have a very effective and efficient time routine for how I do all of this. Whole thing takes maybe 4ish hours. I even write down new things I look to do, like buying those toilet pod things that clean it everytime you flush, that's my most recent one.

This 'one time all at once clean' also keeps the place looking pretty good up until the next time spare friday comes around. I only need to clean up a bit when I make the next dinner, or it's just one pile of rubbish/washing and not multiples, for example. Any work done in that day is meant to minimise/eliminate work outside of that day.

Once it's all done, I sometimes have one more blaze. Just as a 'everything's done now' blaze kinda thing.

My gf appreciates this, and regularly takes credit for it. Her friends will come over and be 'you've cleaned so well' and she'll say thanks even though she did nothing, hell they'll even eat the cookies I bake and tell me I'm lucky she's a good baker and she'll nod along with it all. I don't really care about this. She literally has little to no household duties to do, even her own clothes etc, and now that I'm writing this out just realise doesn't take much initiative herself with chores and I have to ask more than once for whatever infrequent stuff does come up, and it's then done half rear end like not rinsing a plate before putting it in dishwasher then food goes hard on it etc, but whatever.
She knows I used to smoke. But dosent know I currently smoke every now and then.

So, this past Friday, i decide to have one last blaze after everything was done and wasn't expecting my partner home for another two hours. Well, as im a few puffs in she walks in the door and sees me high with the pipe in my mouth.

AND SHE BLOWS UP. eg: are you smoking drugs!? Are you a drug addict! What are you doing getting high all day! Is this what you are! You need help! What else are you doing?

Ever since then she's been given me silent treatment and saying I need help and she's not sure of us anymore, talking about her friends bf's that aren't 'drug addicts' (even though some of that social crowd have gotten themselves into various significant troubles with alcohol)

I can't get a word in. She doesn't even want to have a conversation about it.

Some info - I've been doing this since before I was with current gf - my buddy is a stand up guy. Can't fault him, not dodgy or anything. Think his relative has a medical thing he gets hooked up. - my house, paid off - no weed is kept in house, my buddy brings it and takes it all. - I don't have drug testing at work/roadside testing or anything like that. I'm progressing in my career - we split bills 50/50 - were both pretty good with each other's separate lives/hobbies - we get along with each other friends/families - I don't need to smoke, many times I don't do the above routine on my days off. I've taken extensive breaks numerous times. I can take it or leave it. I don't and haven't used any other drugs and maybe drink if the occasion calls for it. As I said, it's a reward thing..... And I don't mind being productive on it.

Tl:dr I get high and clean my home thoroughly. Gf doesn't like I get high to clean.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

fruit on the bottom posted:

Gf (27) blew up and me and silent treatment because I (m28) get high doing all the chores.

:sever:

Also I'm going to guess we aren't even getting the whole story but if we are he just needs to kick her to the curb. If everything he said is true then why is he really with her?

Maybe she's really hot?

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Listen bitch, I am a 100% heterosexual man but I will suck your boyfriend's dick and buy him weed if he deep cleans my place every 14 days while blazed.

I'm 89% sure my wife would also be OK with this arrangement.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

ArbitraryC posted:

Sounds like the issue is the friend doesn't have anything else going on and is super clingy to the point of being controlling. Like op is genuinely considering giving up their social life just to comfort her.

yeah the entire way through all I was thinking was "can't, like, one of them go to a bar without the other one present at least once in their life or is that literally impossible"

also lol at the friend being literally terrified to enter any bar that is not a gay bar for fear of kissing the wrong person, as though going to a bar and not kissing anyone were not possible

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Okay, I'm a huge loving square who doesn't like drugs at all. I barely even drink, so keep this in mind when I say the following:

That guy is loving awesome and his GF is a god damned moron.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

loquacius posted:

yeah the entire way through all I was thinking was "can't, like, one of them go to a bar without the other one present at least once in their life or is that literally impossible"

also lol at the friend being literally terrified to enter any bar that is not a gay bar for fear of kissing the wrong person, as though going to a bar and not kissing anyone were not possible

A trans person goes to a gay bar to reduce the chance of being murdered. Not for fear of kissing the wrong person.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

they are not compatible and either she needs to get over the reefer madness or he needs to find someone 420-friendly

Bunni-kat posted:

A trans person goes to a gay bar to reduce the chance of being murdered. Not for fear of kissing the wrong person.

I was going by what the Reddit post said :shrug:

Regardless Entering A Bar is a good life skill and so is Entering A Gay Bar Without Your Straight Friend Present

Maybe I'm just too old but I keep thinking of bars as places to get good booze rather than hookup mills

loquacius fucked around with this message at 17:59 on May 9, 2018

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

La Brea Carpet posted:

Listen bitch, I am a 100% heterosexual man but I will suck your boyfriend's dick and buy him weed if he deep cleans my place every 14 days while blazed.

I'm 89% sure my wife would also be OK with this arrangement.

My wife would provide the weed and order me to cradle the balls.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Did he ever say weed specifically? Maybe he was smoking crack

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

Did he ever say weed specifically? Maybe he was smoking crack

Start of third para:

quote:

So, here's the deal with me and weed right now.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

quote:

My gf appreciates this, and regularly takes credit for it. Her friends will come over and be 'you've cleaned so well' and she'll say thanks even though she did nothing, hell they'll even eat the cookies I bake and tell me I'm lucky she's a good baker and she'll nod along with it all.

You need to :sever: just for this, your gf is a parasitic worm.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Lol at her taking credit for his domestic stuff too. That's a real kicker.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Bunni-kat posted:

Yeah OP went through great lengths to explain how they understood their friend being hesitant of nightlife. But the compromise should obviously be "okay you do your own thing or with your other friends tonight" not "of course I should never be allowed to have a social life outside of you".

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
Also don't hide drug use from your SO you weirdo, especially if they are that straight edge. They're gonna find out and if it's not an actual problem you can definitely find someone else that won't harangue you about it.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

ArbitraryC posted:

Yeah OP went through great lengths to explain how they understood their friend being hesitant of nightlife. But the compromise should obviously be "okay you do your own thing or with your other friends tonight" not "of course I should never be allowed to have a social life outside of you".

It is telling RE what kind of bars OP wants to go to that she keeps talking about how her main goal is to get laid, I suppose, which when I think about it I could see making trans friend extra nervous, but the main problem is that they're extremely codependent and the idea of attending a bar without the other one around does not occur to them

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
The dude sounds like he's got his weed use in control and is fine, but it sounds like his girlfriend had no idea he smoked by the way that post is worded. She went overboard, sure, but she came home to her bf smoking weed (which sounds like it's technically illegal where they are) and it's pretty reasonable to be shocked/upset about that.

She doesn't sound all that great based on everything else and her over the top reaction and not letting him talk about it though, so maybe just end it.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

loquacius posted:

It is telling RE what kind of bars OP wants to go to that she keeps talking about how her main goal is to get laid, I suppose, which when I think about it I could see making trans friend extra nervous, but the main problem is that they're extremely codependent and the idea of attending a bar without the other one around does not occur to them

Nah the OP did think of it but then the trans friend threw a tantrum to try and forbid the OP from going out without her which is the whole point of the post. The super woke OP can't tell of it does make her a bad person to have her own separate life and interests from her trans friend.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ouhei posted:

The dude sounds like he's got his weed use in control and is fine, but it sounds like his girlfriend had no idea he smoked by the way that post is worded. She went overboard, sure, but she came home to her bf smoking weed (which sounds like it's technically illegal where they are) and it's pretty reasonable to be shocked/upset about that.

She doesn't sound all that great based on everything else and her over the top reaction and not letting him talk about it though, so maybe just end it.

yeah, this is less a "she is a human monster" thing and more a "they are not compatible" thing

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

ArbitraryC posted:

Agreed. The friend just needs to let op have nights to themselves. My problem was loquacious missed the part where op said the friend was beaten up at straight bars, and can’t be assed to re-read it to find out he’s wrong.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Bunni-kat posted:

Agreed. The friend just needs to let op have nights to themselves. My problem was loquacious missed the part where op said the friend was beaten up at straight bars, and can’t be assed to re-read it to find out he’s wrong.

I will never read a whole post :colbert:

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

loquacius posted:

what happens when people read Oedipus Rex and miss the moral entirely

the moral of every grecian drama is that hubris is the downfall of mortals but the playscape of divinity. oedipus fell because he failed to heed the oracles and stumbled blindly through his ambition, failing to realize that he himself was the murderer he was looking for.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

the moral of every grecian drama is that hubris is the downfall of mortals but the playscape of divinity. oedipus fell because he failed to heed the oracles and stumbled blindly through his ambition, failing to realize that he himself was the murderer he was looking for.

to get this you need to be able to understand that it was a "fall" though

my joke was that these people read about him accidentally loving his mom and went "jeez you got laid, no need to gouge your own eyes out about it, drama queen"

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

loquacius posted:

yeah, this is less a "she is a human monster" thing and more a "they are not compatible" thing

Although by constantly taking credit for the deep cleaning he does, she is a human monster.

I [27M] have never seen my girlfriend [26F] without makeup

quote:

Using a throwaway because I don't want this to appear on my regular reddit account.

I've been dating "Chelsea" for almost 2 years years now. This might be a stupid issue but it recently occurred to me that I've never seen her once without make up.

She's very much into fashion and beauty. Even tried to start her own make up channel on Youtube a while back, although that didn't work out. So she wears make up every day and as far as I can tell she's quite good at it, albeit maybe a bit heavy-handed, idk.

Anyway this hasn't really bothered me before, but recently we've been having discussions about the future, potentially marriage and kids. She was asking me about it and I jokingly added "Well I can't marry someone whose face I've never seen." she asked me to elaborate and I added "Well you always have an inch of make up on." which I realise was the stupidest thing I could ever say. She was very hurt afterwards.

I don't know if I'm in the wrong here. She's very careful about not letting me see her without makeup. I'm pretty sure she doesn't have any scars or anything, it's just that it would be nice to see what she looks like naturally.

Reddit any thoughts or advice on how to approach this would be greatly appreciated!

tl;dr : Girlfriend guarded about letting me see her without makeup and I would kind of like to if we are considering marriage and kids

EDIT : First of I want to thank everyone who took the time to comment. I really appreciate your feedback. I could not reply to every comment, however I can tell you that I read every single one of them.

To clarify, since this was brought up a lot : yes she does sleep with makeup on when she's with me which is 2-3 days a week. Apparently that's not healthy for your skin according to some of you.

The biggest takeaway for me has been that there's definitely some underlying issues regarding her inability to open up and be comfortable around me and marriage or kids are definitely a no-no, unless those issues are resolved. She's coming over in a few hours, I'll sit her down and try to hash things out, albeit I will try to be more tactful that I was last time.

Thank you guys!

Additional subplot from a different user in the comments:

quote:

Guy here. What's a pore

quote:

Why did nobody tell me I'm supposed to be performing maintenance on these things?

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

La Brea Carpet posted:

My [25 F] boyfriend [26 M] of 2 years' half siblings [30s M&F] are a couple and everyone acts like it's normal. I don't know what to think.

Crusader King's new expansion looking pretty decent.

imo this is weird as gently caress but after a while, I think it would just become one of those "family quirks" through exposure to it. Aside from that, I think the chances of half-siblings producing a child with disabilities is actually incredibly low unless incest continues for several more generations? I think a goon posted a credible article about how even full blood relatives don't have a much higher risk of children with defects in first generation incest the last time we had a story like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Admiral Ray posted:

Also don't hide drug use from your SO you weirdo, especially if they are that straight edge. They're gonna find out and if it's not an actual problem you can definitely find someone else that won't harangue you about it.

alternatively, dont date straight edge people because they all loving suck

quote:

imo this is weird as gently caress but after a while, I think it would just become one of those "family quirks" through exposure to it. Aside from that, I think the chances of half-siblings producing a child with disabilities is actually incredibly low unless incest continues for several more generations?

they're actually full blooded siblings, they're just half-siblings to op's bf