Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

YF-23 posted:

Haha, I just had the perfect run with the Lost. Stopwatch AND Holy Mantle.

Then I walked into a blood donation machine. :downsgun:

why is this even possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.

Welp, thats done.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Tollymain posted:

why is this even possible

I wasn't even mad about it. It was beautiful. In any case, I just actually pulled it off, stopwatch+catmode (no dead cat)+a whole bunch of damage upgrades. I am finally free.

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

Unlocking all the Lost related items is a breeze compared to getting fourth level meatboy/bandage girl. loving conquest can eat my poo poo.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

The good thing about the Lost is that thanks to all the abortive runs I played through Basement I enough times to find the Steven item.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Panniculus Rift posted:

Unlocking all the Lost related items is a breeze compared to getting fourth level meatboy/bandage girl. loving conquest can eat my poo poo.

This is because The Lost is (mostly) pure skill, whereas the level four SMB references are pure luck and thus loving horseshit. I beat The Lost months ago and still haven't managed to get those two because it's just straight up down to RNG on whether you're gonna be able to set up infinite rerolls or get all four of their items legit in a run. There are just so many ways the game can gently caress you, even at the very last second. It's amazing.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
Can you still do the infinite monster manual use thing? I heard that might have been patched out, which is a shame because getting the setup for infinite rerolls is somehow easier.

Toothache
Apr 5, 2011

Platypus = God's beta testing animal

TheModernAmerican posted:

Can you still do the infinite monster manual use thing? I heard that might have been patched out, which is a shame because getting the setup for infinite rerolls is somehow easier.

Depends how you are doing it. Sharp Plug (+ Wafer) + Placenta + MM certainly works, as does Sharp Plug + Piggy Bank (+wafer) + d20 to give you as many batteries as you need. Or you can make a room full of batteries (Blank Card + Jera) and then take your MM in there and use them all up until you get the Meat Boy/Bandage Girl. Scapular is nice to have for setting up the MM with d20/BCJera but won't help with the MM itself.

Basically, there's so many ways to break the game that you just need to be a little creative in how you approach it. Of course, need some luck in order to get the items, but shouldn't take you long.

PS: Don't listen to unconfirmed rumours you idiot.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
I didn't? I already have both achievements through an infinite reroll setup.

PS tone doesn't get conveyed through text so you sound like a giant dick

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

First run after finishing with the Lost, Godhead pops up on its own on the Womb I angel room. God bless the seed RNG.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
So, Glass Cannon is kind of a loving joke, huh.

(gently caress Family Man always and forever)

Codiekitty
Nov 7, 2014

Poonerman posted:

First time I attempted Family Man, the game gave me Guppy, Devil Bum, and Lil' Brimstone.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Poonerman posted:

Glass Cannon is your reward for Family Man.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat
hahaha how is that even possible. Did you somehow manage to skip Womb 2 twice?

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
oh poo poo i got bandage the legit way. 140 hours later..
and i still have to get lv4 meatboy..

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

kvx687 posted:

hahaha how is that even possible. Did you somehow manage to skip Womb 2 twice?

You need to play on hard for the babies, but only the Lost requires you to be on hard for item unlocks.

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

Poonerman posted:

Found a Stopwatch first time doing Family Man. Needless to say, it was an easy win.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I did all the challenges and all my Lost Runs before I unlocked Stopwatch.

In retrospect a bad idea.

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

Manatee Cannon posted:

This is because The Lost is (mostly) pure skill, whereas the level four SMB references are pure luck and thus loving horseshit. I beat The Lost months ago and still haven't managed to get those two because it's just straight up down to RNG on whether you're gonna be able to set up infinite rerolls or get all four of their items legit in a run. There are just so many ways the game can gently caress you, even at the very last second. It's amazing.

Yeah, the other day I fought Famine on the first floor, then I picked up the Book of revelations on Caves 1. I thought "please RNJeezus, let my get my meatboy this time. No Conquest on the Womb 1". My prayers were answered, no Conquest fight on the Womb, instead I fought double Loki. God drat, loving poo poo. :(

I've tried the monster manuel/sharp plug thing and ended up with like 14 ghost babies and a shitload of other familiars, but never got more than a level 2 meatboy before I finally said gently caress it and gave up.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

So I finally beat everything with The Lost on hard mode using the Alt-F4 trick. Do you have to beat everything on hard with every character to get all the achievements?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

You need to beat Mom's Heart/It Lives! on hard with every character. Only The Lost needs to beat anything past that to unlock something.

Panniculus Rift posted:

I've tried the monster manuel/sharp plug thing and ended up with like 14 ghost babies and a shitload of other familiars, but never got more than a level 2 meatboy before I finally said gently caress it and gave up.

You should just stick with it because it's guaranteed to work eventually at that point and much faster than doing anything else to get it.

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

Aside from The Lost you just have to kill Mom's Heart/It Lives with each character on hard, nothing else. Afterbirth is likely going to have more achievements for hard mode.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
lol

"I needed some art for my new apartment. So I found something I love"

https://imgur.com/5rDXxJK

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

Lblitzer posted:

lol

"I needed some art for my new apartment. So I found something I love"

https://imgur.com/5rDXxJK

I still like my idea of a BoI themed nursery.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
If anyone wants a good Ludovico Technique run that doesn't involve taking Brimstone, here's a seed for the PC version: WGSR CX03. You need D6 Isaac for this. The first item room already contains Polyemphus, and there's an item room on the Caves/Catacombs (It's the first floor) that contains Undefined. Reroll that to get Ludo. And the first boss drop can be rerolled into Growth Hormones. The first Devil room contains Abaddon, the 2nd one contains Judas' Shadow, so kill yourself to gain more damage. I think you can reroll something in Necropolis (I forget where) to get Eve's Mascara. Your team gets super slow, but it becomes a giant wrecking ball of death. Oh, and Sloth drops Bob's Rotten Head in the Cathedral, which can be rerolled into the Inner Eye.

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

Lil' Gish OP

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Just got a patch (EU). It seems to have removed the version number from the title screen.

What's the deal?

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Fedule posted:

Just got a patch (EU). It seems to have removed the version number from the title screen.

What's the deal?

Don't think there was any new patch recently. The version was gone for a long time and yeah, it's annoying and I have no idea why they've done it.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

omeg posted:

Don't think there was any new patch recently. The version was gone for a long time and yeah, it's annoying and I have no idea why they've done it.

PS4 got a patch today, I'm downloading it now.

Edit: version 1.05, and it unlocked three trophies that it had skipped on me. :D

EC fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Mar 21, 2015

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

omeg posted:

I ask because EU has a severe case of patch lag and has been on 1.01 until, AFAIK, today. The patch was like 500MB, I dared to hope it might be 1.0.3. I just want my trophies that I earned.

E: Oh, yeah, right, this is PS4.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Yup, PS4 has a patch. It'd be nice if this actually unlocks the Dead Boy trophy for me, since I don't feel like starting a new file and unlocking the secret there.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

EC posted:

Edit: version 1.05, and it unlocked three trophies that it had skipped on me. :D

How'd you get it to do this? I'm missing a couple of ____ Boy trophies and maybe some other stuff.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
How do you get a controller to work for this game?

I have a controller, the game recognizes it in the menu, I can configure all the buttons for it, but when I start a game the controller does nothing. I can go back to the menu and reconfigure the buttons so it's not like there's any hardware issues here.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Sanctum posted:

How do you get a controller to work for this game?

I have a controller, the game recognizes it in the menu, I can configure all the buttons for it, but when I start a game the controller does nothing. I can go back to the menu and reconfigure the buttons so it's not like there's any hardware issues here.
Are you using the controller to actually start a new game (or continue a saved run)? It seems to default to the control scheme of whatever you used to start/continue the run - either keyboard or controller - and you can't swap between them unless you go back to the main menu. Though I have no experience using anything other than a wired 360 controller.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
That was it, thanks. Have to re-launch the game and not touch my keyboard, not something I would have thought to try.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Dry Baby owns bones against any bullet-hell boss. Especially Mega Satan. It's easy to position so Dry Baby catches every bullet, and the periodic room-nuke only helps.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Fedule posted:

How'd you get it to do this? I'm missing a couple of ____ Boy trophies and maybe some other stuff.

Updated and then booted the game, and they automatically unlocked. I'm still missing the trophy for killing Satan with Eve, though, so maybe they don't all work.

Oh my lord hard mode is so playable now compared to 1.03. I might actually fill out these postits now.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

EC posted:

Updated and then booted the game, and they automatically unlocked. I'm still missing the trophy for killing Satan with Eve, though, so maybe they don't all work.

Oh my lord hard mode is so playable now compared to 1.03. I might actually fill out these postits now.

Your millage may vary because Dead Boy is still locked for me after updating and playing a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Yeah, still don't got 'em. Synced my file and everything.