Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Sykic posted:

:siren: Getting tazed will no longer reload your currently equipped weapon :siren:

yeah well gently caress you too payday 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Sykic posted:

:siren: Getting tazed will no longer reload your currently equipped weapon :siren:

ow my balls

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Isn't that a good thing? When I'm low on ammo and I get tased I spray bullets in every direction. Would suck if my gun reloaded and I sprayed those bullets too.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

shut up blegum posted:

Isn't that a good thing? When I'm low on ammo and I get tased I spray bullets in every direction. Would suck if my gun reloaded and I sprayed those bullets too.

Yeah but then you trudge through the corpses of thine slain enemies pick up a few ammo boxes and it's like the tazer wasn't there.

Plus you could spray your bullets at the tazer.

SAMARIX
Jul 8, 2013

Sykic posted:

This is why I use Bodhi and the Platypus.

"Did you lose your head, Tase?"

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Most of the time I get tazed through geometry anyhow, so this shouldn't change much.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

shut up blegum posted:

Taser reloads ensured the player who got tased had a hope of shooting the taser. Getting tased with an empty magazine now is gonna suck way harder than wasting a magazine.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
They should nerf tazer range if they're finally getting rid of their last boon to the player. They're a little too empowered as is to just give them all of the benefit with none of the kickback, despite waiting 3 loving years to do this.

Also I want the fat hillbilly fork lift guy and girls shown in day 5 of the site to be in the game. Just occasionally hanging out and talking poo poo about safes.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
So from the Overkill stream the Medic heals cops fully every two seconds and they can heal everything except for SWAT Turret Vans and Captain Winters. Medics can heal other Medics and cause a crazy feedback loop. Also medics only appear on Overkill or harder.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

TopHatGenius posted:

Medics can heal other Medics and cause a crazy feedback loop. Also medics only appear on Overkill or harder.

:eyepop:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Oh so medics are complete shits that give a instant full heal and not just a hail mary death reprieve? OVERKILL, you're really loving up with this enemy health poo poo.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Jesus also Medics are immune to stun effects such as fire and electricity and I'm guessing poison.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Today is a bad day. The tazer thing is a bug, I hope.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

TopHatGenius posted:

Jesus also Medics are immune to stun effects such as fire and electricity and I'm guessing poison.

I imagine all our panic is a bit excessive but yeah loving hell Overkill this is dumb. I look forward to hunting the dickheads the moment they spawn, I guess?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Jesus gently caress they really want you to grab the guns with the biggest damage numbers.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Yeah the lifesaver stuff made sense to me to maybe de emphasize the big damage guns some but then I saw the 2 second full heal and was just "lol"

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Jesus gently caress they really want you to grab the guns with the biggest damage numbers.

"No microtransactions, the players revolted. What do we do?"
"Give them what they want."
"But Almir... your Lambo. It's not paid off yet."
"Give... them... what... they... want."
"Uhhh...?"
"Make the game harder. Make it so to succeed at the higher difficulties they have to buy the DLC."
"But... sir... they already own the DLCs."
"Not all of them. Not yet."

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Grapplejack posted:

Today is a bad day. The tazer thing is a bug, I hope.

100% intended change straight from the patch notes.

Let's be real here, the fact that players got so complacent with how stupid and borderline worthless tasers were that they'd gladly leave them alive because they knew they'd get a free reload and then be free in seconds is dumb as hell. Out of all the balance changes Overkill has made this week, I think this one is pretty reasonable.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe

I agree with this and even said it myself. There have been so many times that I get in a taser's face and let him live because he will zap me and it will give me a full reload that takes less time than if I were to do it myself. So it sucks if you get caught by that one taser while having no ammo loaded up but I guess this means to stick near your team or never run dry.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

John Murdoch posted:

Let's be real here, the fact that players got so complacent with how stupid and borderline worthless tasers were that they'd gladly leave them alive because they knew they'd get a free reload and then be free in seconds is dumb as hell. Out of all the balance changes Overkill has made this week, I think this one is pretty reasonable.

Better hope you're in discord with a group or a pubby is paying attention or you can just get hosed I guess. That's a good and fun change imo, about as good as having an instant two second full heal.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

John Murdoch posted:

I'll agree with this, I've seen my buddy do it when we would play. That being said they really do need to address the Range on tazers, and their ability to to hit players through solid geometry.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

John Murdoch posted:

They still had a really crazy length to where leaving them alive wasn't always intentional, and I sure as poo poo wanted them dead as soon as I see them. I really hope the healing stuff gets nerfed to be slower or they can only focus on one special or a few regular cops at a time.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

RIP being able to hit tasers with my single grenade launcher shot.

Although I've not played it recently, so probably rip my grenade launcher too.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Got the chance to fight against Medics on Overkill.

They aren't too bad. They pretty much just make it so that you have to kill the same enemy twice over if they get the chance to heal it. Of course you'll wanna take out Medics near any other special. (You thought you were safe headshotting that charging cloaker?)

More then one medic grouped up is annoying. Multiple full heals and they can heal each other. They also spawn frequently. Less then shields but about the same or more as Tasers. They also have a really loud introduction line when they spawn in.

I imagine that on Death Wish or higher Medics will really matter.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Change that increases enemy health: "this is so bad, it's forcing players into a strict build and weapon group"
Change to tasers that heavily punishes automatic weapons compared to stronger single fire guns: "it's about time! Good change overkill!"

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Grapplejack posted:

Better hope you're in discord with a group or a pubby is paying attention or you can just get hosed I guess. That's a good and fun change imo, about as good as having an instant two second full heal.

This is different from Cloakers or surprise Saiga Dozers or literally anything else in the game how. Edit: Also don't really see how this one specific change benefits low RoF/high punch guns in particular. Seems like it mostly punishes guns with bad reload times. My dual Compact 5s have always been poo poo at dealing with med-long range tasers, and that was with the free reload.

I'll fully admit I don't how this will completely shake out - maybe tasers need to be a little more easily hitstunned or not spawn three at a loving time* - but I think reducing their range is iffy because it's attacking the perceived problem of "I can't kill this special unit by myself" when the whole idea is to screw you over without a teammate. I could see clamping their vertical range just so they stop snipe-tasing, though.

*Assuming Overkill hasn't hosed everything up, maybe Medics will help buffer the special pool so any given special is less likely to mob up.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Oct 12, 2016

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Played Four Stores last night, thankfully you don't steal iced tea and skittles from a safe or this mission would've been a lot harder

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

John Murdoch posted:

I agree with you. I'll have to spend some time with medics to see how they pan out. I wonder if there are different medic skins/changes on the higher difficulties...OD medics, with a feedback scenario, could be a problem.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

John Murdoch posted:

This is different from Cloakers or surprise Saiga Dozers or literally anything else in the game how. Edit: Also don't really see how this one specific change benefits low RoF/high punch guns in particular. Seems like it mostly punishes guns with bad reload times. My dual Compact 5s have always been poo poo at dealing with med-long range tasers, and that was with the free reload.

I'll fully admit I don't how this will completely shake out - maybe tasers need to be a little more easily hitstunned or not spawn three at a loving time* - but I think reducing their range is iffy because it's attacking the perceived problem of "I can't kill this special unit by myself" when the whole idea is to screw you over without a teammate. I could see clamping their vertical range just so they stop snipe-tasing, though.

*Assuming Overkill hasn't hosed everything up, maybe Medics will help buffer the special pool so any given special is less likely to mob up.

I don't want to see tazers nerfed to a point where they're not dangerous or are never a threat to individuals away from the group. I just want to see them get fixed so they have to be in line of sight to taze, and not be on the other side of a wall, car, different floor, ect. When you physically cannot shoot them because the map is in the way and your only option is to get downed unless someone else kills/stuns it.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

That's 9 headshots on a tan cop with a 45 damage on Deathwish. Keep in mind most guns in that damage range have less than stellar accuracy, and Berserker at most puts that at 7 or 8 instead of 9.

1 Down health mechanics are even more ludicrous. You can make guns work for sure if you stack enough damage bonuses since that is the new baseline (which applies to current DW to an extent as well).

The old, super OG DW was restrictive for sure but it still made more sense. We had king of poo poo mountain CAR-4 along with a bunch of almost meta rifles that didn't quite have the same perfect stats, more and more of which got added as time went on. I still remember Chorse asking me if I was okay using the Gecko on DW once because it was not the CAR-4 even though they were nearly identical; the Gecko just wasn't "perfect".

I expected modest health increases just because people metagamed the gently caress out of the old difficulties then complained this poo poo is too easy. The same is happening now with people complaining that 1 down is too easy because you can take a stupid meme joker build and crossbows and win. A game is a lot less fun to me when my skill matters less than my ability to metagame.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

John Murdoch posted:

or not spawn three at a loving time

correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the game select specific groups of enemies based on some point system when it's choosing what to drop in on you, and there is a predefined group which is 3 tasers + something else (a shield maybe?)

seems like that's the thing to fix. A cluster of 3-4 of any one special type all at once is rude.

Psion fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Oct 12, 2016

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

I agree with you. I'll have to spend some time with medics to see how they pan out. I wonder if there are different medic skins/changes on the higher difficulties...OD medics, with a feedback scenario, could be a problem.

Do we know what the range of the heal on the Medic is? If it it's reasonably short and restricted by LOS, that's not so bad. But it could be nightmarish if the range is too high.

It does yet again pointlessly penalize lower-damage weapons, though. They really want us to use the drat crossbows, don't they.

John Murdoch posted:

I've noticed that Tasers are taking a lot more damage to get them to break, too. Used to be able to clip 'em with one or two shots and get free - I got tagged on one of my non-Shockproof builds last night (thankfully at point-blank) and it took a good 8 shots to the face before I got loose.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
The problem appears to be that the changes to weapon balance were conceptualized separately from the new difficulties- bows, e.g., were viewed as in need of a buff. But a lot of skills don't work on bows, so the buff had to be a fairly flat damage increase, with added compensation for the various issues specific to bows. This unfortunately synergized really badly with the introduction of bulletsponge enemies.

John Murdoch posted:

Even outside of higher difficulty issues, a lot of maps seem to be suffering from National Guard Response-esque spawn bottlenecking at the moment. Good if you want 25 bag Cook Off to be a chill hour and a half, bad for fun cop shoot. Also said stuck cops are shouting their assault lines every ten seconds, which is funny at first, then gets annoying if they're stuck somewhere you can't even reach to shut them up.

From Frank (I know you've read it, but for others)

quote:

Assault force (simultaneous enemies multiplierm, depending on diff):
0,7,9 -> 10,12,14

Multiplied by (depending on player count):
Normal: 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2
OD: 1.5, 3, 4.5, 6 (DW used to be 4, 4.2, 4.5, 4.9)
Else: 1, 2, 3, 4

So the max on OD is 14*6 = 84 at 1 diff, which exceeds the DW value at 44.1.
And here I was concerned about unresponsive enemies before when the DW value was increased to 44.1 (it used to be even lower).

Assault force pool (multiplier):
0,20,50 -> 100,125,175

Multiplied by (depending on player count):
Normal: 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2
OD: 1.5, 3, 4.5, 6 (DW used to be 3,5,7,9)
Else: 1, 2, 3, 4

So the OD pool for a full team is 6*100, which exceeds the absolute max for DW at 450 (1 diff).

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Oct 12, 2016

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

So any slow to fire weapon becomes worthless for anything you can't one shot if a medic is around and can't one shot them? TOTALLY REASONABLE!

Please tell me the medics have low health.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Hell. I just realized that Medics absolutely gently caress fire weapons. What a gently caress you, to set a cluster of cops on fire and have them stand there, ON FIRE, and take no damage from it.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Tempest_56 posted:

Hell. I just realized that Medics absolutely gently caress fire weapons. What a gently caress you, to set a cluster of cops on fire and have them stand there, ON FIRE, and take no damage from it.

So basically, shoot the medic first. Got it.

Still should unfuck the bow supremacy though.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Tempest_56 posted:

they have the real good stuff

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF

widespread posted:

So basically, shoot the medic first. Got it.
That's exactly what the cops want you to do:

quote:

Though some of the more jaded veterans in the force are commenting that these new guys just became a new priority target...

Don't play into their hands! If you contravene the Geneva Conventions and murder a medic they'll hold you in custody until the end of days!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Speaking of bow supremacy, is there any skills that link up with a crossbow good beyond dodge builds? Apparently the marking skill doesn't get me to oneshot dozers on VH/OK/whatever-I-play-on-I'm-not-the-host despite the math saying so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I'm okay with the taser nerf. It's definitely more interesting than if they did some kind stat change.