Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

PureRok posted:

I got banned from the multiplayer shortly after the Geth was first added. I assume it's because I did this (since I can't think of what else I could have done).

You think I'd be able to get them to lift my ban now? I never got to enjoy the multiplayer thanks to that.

despite the multiplayer servers still being up against all logic, the reason using cheat engine is kosher now is because all oversight and support for the game has been abandoned for years. i doubt you'd be able to even get a hold of someone able to rectify the problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

ME3 Had a fascist outlook generally

On the other hand, it was the only one where you could hug the reporter.

I always got through those conversations with persuasion checks anyway.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Can't wait for ME:A.

Game had better own hard for the 100 AUD the game costs for the Deluxe edition.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

McGiggins posted:

Can't wait for ME:A.

Game had better own hard for the 100 AUD the game costs for the Deluxe edition.

What is that in real money?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

DoggPickle posted:

What is that in real money?

75 or so USD.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
It is 76.77 Paltry US Dollars.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

JBP posted:

I always liked having Miranda and Grunt with me because whenever you did some wacky violent poo poo it was like the part where Groot demolishes all those dudes in Guardians and Drax's face lights up.

I don't understand this sentence but I'm also 31 so maybe im too old????

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
hopefully it will bring us all together and we will learn the value of friendship.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Glenn Quebec posted:

I don't understand this sentence but I'm also 31 so maybe its too old????

I'm 33.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
well poo poo what does it mean

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Hobo Clown posted:

One of the first good/evil decisions in Fable was whether or not to save a little kid from bullies or rip up his teddy bear in front of him. Later on in the game I'd have no qualms about slaughtering whole villages just to drop the real estate prices, but hearing this lil kid start sobbing as he runs away would always make me so sad. :(

This is totally me. I can't DO that. I can't rip up the fake kid's teddy bear. I can't be silly cruel even when it's a bunch of 1's and 0's. Either we are broken or we are just humans with consciences lol

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Shhh.
/
:corsair:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Glenn Quebec posted:

There is a bit in Guardians of the Galaxy where the tree man wrecks a bunch of dudes in a wackily violent way and his buddy in the background is smiling away like gently caress yeah.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

JBP posted:

I always liked having Miranda and Grunt with me because whenever you did some wacky violent poo poo it was like the part where Groot demolishes all those dudes in Guardians and Drax's face lights up.

I'm 38 and I think this is funny as hell and also appropriate. SMIRK

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Glenn Quebec posted:

guardians of the galaxy is a pretty good movie you should check it out man

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I hope Drack has an edge to him other than being Wrex 2.0. Like, Drack is pro-genophage and knows all Krogan are fuckups.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

DoggPickle posted:

I'm 38 and I think this is funny as hell and also appropriate. SMIRK

:hfive:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

ME3 Had a fascist outlook generally

"War resisters: Pacifists and others who are anti-war are frequently accused not only of making things easier for the Axis, but of becoming tinged with pro-Fascist feeling.

Supporters of the war: War resisters usually base their case on the claim that British imperialism is worse than Nazism, and tend to apply the term ‘Fascist’ to anyone who wishes for a military victory. The supporters of the People's Convention came near to claiming that willingness to resist a Nazi invasion was a sign of Fascist sympathies. The Home Guard was denounced as a Fascist organization as soon as it appeared. In addition, the whole of the Left tends to equate militarism with Fascism. Politically conscious private soldiers nearly always refer to their officers as ‘Fascist-minded’ or ‘natural Fascists’. Battle-schools, spit and polish, saluting of officers are all considered conducive to Fascism. Before the war, joining the Territorials was regarded as a sign of Fascist tendencies. Conscription and a professional army are both denounced as Fascist phenomena.

Nationalists: Nationalism is universally regarded as inherently Fascist, but this is held only to apply to such national movements as the speaker happens to disapprove of. Arab nationalism, Polish nationalism, Finnish nationalism, the Indian Congress Party, the Muslim League, Zionism, and the I.R.A. are all described as Fascist but not by the same people.

It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless."-George Orwell.

chiasaur11 fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Feb 28, 2017

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Evil Canadian posted:

I hope Drack has an edge to him other than being Wrex 2.0. Like, Drack is pro-genophage and knows all Krogan are fuckups.

All he has to do is not be Canderous and he's not Wrex. Easy peasy.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

chiasaur11 posted:

super serious :words:

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

chiasaur11 posted:

"Supporters of the war: War resisters usually base their case on the claim that British imperialism is worse than Nazism, and tend to apply the term ‘Fascist’ to anyone who wishes for a military victory. The supporters of the People's Convention came near to claiming that willingness to resist a Nazi invasion was a sign of Fascist sympathies. The Home Guard was denounced as a Fascist organization as soon as it appeared. In addition, the whole of the Left tends to equate militarism with Fascism. Politically conscious private soldiers nearly always refer to their officers as ‘Fascist-minded’ or ‘natural Fascists’. Battle-schools, spit and polish, saluting of officers are all considered conducive to Fascism. Before the war, joining the Territorials was regarded as a sign of Fascist tendencies. Conscription and a professional army are both denounced as Fascist phenomena.

Nationalists: Nationalism is universally regarded as inherently Fascist, but this is held only to apply to such national movements as the speaker happens to disapprove of. Arab nationalism, Polish nationalism, Finnish nationalism, the Indian Congress Party, the Muslim League, Zionism, and the I.R.A. are all described as Fascist but not by the same people.

It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless."-George Orwell.
Sorry Alex, I didn't recognize you. Big fan of your show

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

chiasaur11 posted:

"Supporters of the war: War resisters usually base their case on the claim that British imperialism is worse than Nazism, and tend to apply the term ‘Fascist’ to anyone who wishes for a military victory. The supporters of the People's Convention came near to claiming that willingness to resist a Nazi invasion was a sign of Fascist sympathies. The Home Guard was denounced as a Fascist organization as soon as it appeared. In addition, the whole of the Left tends to equate militarism with Fascism. Politically conscious private soldiers nearly always refer to their officers as ‘Fascist-minded’ or ‘natural Fascists’. Battle-schools, spit and polish, saluting of officers are all considered conducive to Fascism. Before the war, joining the Territorials was regarded as a sign of Fascist tendencies. Conscription and a professional army are both denounced as Fascist phenomena.

Sheeeeesh, you don't have to be all fascist about it

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

chiasaur11 posted:

Oh, word?

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
I always liked Mass effect because they ran with a bunch of really confusing issues like the

Genophage: Is it morally correct to kind of sterilize another race when they're hyper-violent , procreating like mad, and will definitely try to kill you soon?

Humans: should we really consider ourselves the most important thing in the universe? It a matter of LIVING versus not. But seeming kind of racist and lovely if we don't.

The Geth: Being scared of AI is a normal thing. These people created the geth and then the geth went sentient and BITCHY and are they real people or not? LOL

There are a lot of really interesting decisions in MA2. Not just kickin that dude out the window which was totally rad.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Cowcaster posted:

despite the multiplayer servers still being up against all logic, the reason using cheat engine is kosher now is because all oversight and support for the game has been abandoned for years. i doubt you'd be able to even get a hold of someone able to rectify the problem

Well, called EA support and the dude has no idea what's wrong with me account. He says everything looks fine on his end. So maybe I wasn't banned after all and something just went foobar.

Fake Edit: Got back to me after going on hold and he just added a bundle of online access stuff to my account to get it working! Wooo! He says he has no idea what was wrong.

Now I can enjoy the multiplayer again.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The Paragon/Renegade system sucks very badly in ME2 because if you don't pick the same one roughly 90% of every time it comes up, you will fail a ton of dialogue checks.

I recently did an ME2 playthrough where I flipped a coin every time there was a Paragon/Renegade choice and I wasn't able to get anything done. Centrist Shepard Worst Shepard.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

precision posted:

The Paragon/Renegade system sucks very badly in ME2 because if you don't pick the same one roughly 90% of every time it comes up, you will fail a ton of dialogue checks.

I recently did an ME2 playthrough where I flipped a coin every time there was a Paragon/Renegade choice and I wasn't able to get anything done. Centrist Shepard Worst Shepard.

Yeah there are a lot of times where I was like "gently caress this dude" or "I really want to help this dude" but I couldn't react that way because reasons.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
it's really a poor idea that you get all these extra points from doing the same thing you were gonna do anyways?

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Is there still a Mass Effect multiplayer thread or maybe a discord? Now that I have my multiplayer working again I'd like to play with some goons.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

DoggPickle posted:

it's really a poor idea that you get all these extra points from doing the same thing you were gonna do anyways?

There's also the problem that the game misleads you into thinking the middle dialogue option is an actual valid choice when in reality it's 100% a trap option that actively makes the game worse for you.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

DoggPickle posted:

:laffo: I just played Me2 again, the whole way through and I think the only other Renegade action I took was kicking that dude out of the window. What a memorable game :lol: I had Garrus with me and he was like " crazy decision but it definitely got the job done."

The two things in ME2 that I cannot not do are "You're working too hard. Bzzzt!" and "You're forgetting something, Vasir. I was a Spectre too. Bang!" Too funny.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

PureRok posted:

Is there still a Mass Effect multiplayer thread or maybe a discord? Now that I have my multiplayer working again I'd like to play with some goons.
Yeah, it's probably a few pages back but has been posted in within the last month.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Lycus posted:

The two things in ME2 that I cannot not do are "You're working too hard. Bzzzt!" and "You're forgetting something, Vasir. I was a Spectre too. Bang!" Too funny.

"How 'bout goodbye?"

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Evil Canadian posted:

Yeah, it would be neat if the only connection to the past was Drack saying "Yeah, I remember Wrex. That idiot thought he could save the krogan. All he'd do is get us to the point where we'd be a threat to the galaxy and they'd put us down for good this time."

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I just realized the ME3MP thread is actually the same one from 5 years ago

e: hold on, no it isn't, apparently a new thread got started about 6 months after the game came out, because there was definitely a thread before that one started

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

precision posted:

Importing a save and maxing out your class skill both help out a lot.

With that in play, I was able to make almost every check for both Paragon and Renegade.

Of course, it also helps to know the tricks to the system. Basically, it auto-scales based on what areas you've been to. So if you go to the Citadel, it adds every available Citadel side-quest (like the krogan arguing about fish) to your potential paragon and renegade meters, which the game compares against to see if you made a check. So, if you, say, visit Illium early, buy some model ships, and leave, you've got all those potential Illium points you haven't picked up weighing against you for the rest of the game (or at least until you clear those sidequests and arguments). What's worse for you, that might mean you fail some later checks that could have earned you points, winding up with a chain of lost options and before you know it, Tali is dead.

Basically, you can make the choices you want, free as you please, but you need to make them in (more or less) the right order, and the game does a pretty lovely job of explaining how that works.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
this is why I always cheated and maxed out my paragon and renegade meters every single time I played

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Every time a companion has a gun to the head of their nemesis/tormentor/whatever "do it".

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

precision posted:

While they shouldn't have big gameplay based stuff dependent on dialogue checks, you can also choose not to care so much about them. Morinth is a basically just a secret for a later playthrough, not a choice a reasonable Shepard would make, and getting through the Suicide Mission without Miranda/Jack's or Tali/Legion's loyalty isn't hard. You still get their bonus power. The other dialogue checks are mostly useless, and are often less entertaining than the non-check options ("You're forgetting something, Vasir. I was a Spectre too.")(Punching the Citadel crime boss).

Lycus fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Feb 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Lycus posted:

Civilized Fishbot posted:

"How 'bout goodbye?"

My favorite line to this day is "That makes you a criminal, I can kill criminals." *looks lovingly at gun*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEUYr40K05U