Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Honest Thief posted:

it's wild how taxes in america are also a business, here I just click a button on a goverment site and it autofills, i only had to fill out stuff if I have stuff to declare like rents or sold real estate

the IRS does everyone's taxes for free every year. that's how they know if we lied on our taxes. we just... have to do it ourselves too, which we're not going to, so we pay turbotax. and turbotax takes some of the money and gives it to politicians to keep the grift going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

January 6 Survivor posted:

I worked as a lunch lady (male) for a little bit a few years ago and lmao the food is not going to taste any different or lose nutrients whether it's served to you because you paid for it or because there was too much made so you can have some for free.

always do pack your own lunch so you don't have to eat disgusting slop on the day there is disgusting slop on the menu, little pro tip from me to you

thank you for your expert opinion on this matter, I wasn't sure if the food would continue to be food as leftovers.

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(
I will admit I only posted this so I could make the "lunch lady (male)" joke

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I enjoyed the reveal that French school lunches suck

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

The worst thing about china? Not having to do your taxes yourself

Not getting to do your taxes yourself

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Deified Data posted:

Not getting to do your taxes yourself

you can if you really want to claim some tiny deductions. they even have a phone app called the individual income tax app that’s made by the government just for stuff like that

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i can even open up that app and double check the details of all the tax withholding my company did for every one of my paychecks, to double check in case i think something was wrong i guess. but nobody except the truly brain dead would want to do that imo

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/BadMouse101/status/1788233849874292999?t=XWiNeGGQc1LMgpBQ6wK5cg&s=19

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
When a group of co-eds fight cops together it is inevitable that some of them will hook up.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

https://twitter.com/BadMouse101/status/1788606834057564531

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

twitter is a disease

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

Hot dude with a cool attitude.
Hooking up with your peers is both inevitable and a very fast way to absolutely destroy any sort of internal cohesion your movement might have when things start to go south and you decide to wield your bachelor's level knowledge of Krotopkin to recruit your peers into your harebrained prosecution of your sexually motivated interpersonal vendettas.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Maybe if Stalin and Trotsky had banged it out things would've went better though

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Don't poo poo where you eat!!!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
trotsky by all accounts relaxed his belligerent style after getting fully drained of his vril by frida kahlo

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
People are so desperate to be given permission to treat organizing as a social club

Think of all the communists you know personally, would you really gently caress any of them

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

scary ghost dog posted:

trotsky by all accounts relaxed his belligerent style after getting fully drained of his vril by frida kahlo

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Deified Data posted:

People are so desperate to be given permission to treat organizing as a social club

Think of all the communists you know personally, would you really gently caress any of them

not me tho

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

Having a bunch of members of your movement who are addicted to drugs is a terrible move because they're incredibly easy to compromise.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

LuxuryLarva posted:

Having a bunch of members of your movement who are addicted to drugs is a terrible move because they're incredibly easy to compromise.

That's a bonus for anarchists, can't go and accidentally succeed in something

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Ultimately I think there's an important line to walk between anarcho-bidenist "organizing should combine tinder and my weed guy" ethos and dweeby suit-wearing Maupinite "prohibition was based actually" freaks

Like it's normal for humans to want to relax with cool chemicals every once in a while but not everything has to be turned into a polycule

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

anarchists in the encampment

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Deified Data posted:

Ultimately I think there's an important line to walk between anarcho-bidenist "organizing should combine tinder and my weed guy" ethos and dweeby suit-wearing Maupinite "prohibition was based actually" freaks

Like it's normal for humans to want to relax with cool chemicals every once in a while but not everything has to be turned into a polycule

Yeah but the time for that is after the meeting or protest or when you have down time. Like the liberals they are they can't abide any limitations on their personal freedom, its why they hate homework and bedtime

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Deified Data posted:

I mean Maupin was also famously getting it on with activists as well.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Not So Fast posted:

I mean Maupin was also famously getting it on with activists as well.

That he was lol

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

anarchists in the encampment

lmao

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

You don't need to be an uptight nerd about your organizing but if someone is talking about how they do coke and molly then they're probably going to get arrested and snitch. You have to make hard decisions about who you include in your organizing sometimes and that means you have to evaluate people's character in ways that can sometimes feel uncomfortable. Hard to hear I know!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It seems like the issues here should be "talking about doing drugs" or "visibly/publicly doing drugs" rather than just "having done drugs." IMO it's fine to ban the first two. It's only dumb if you start drug-testing or something.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/anarchyizcool/status/1788636323215233027?t=vCHtzqvDBSRszbTBG5RN9w&s=19

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/Ergoat/status/1788560134731616765

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
*hanged

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/Itmechr3/status/1788652922605019383

Guess they're mad their old favorite NED talking point is drying up in light of the whole Gaza genocide conducted by Israel.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

anarchists doing the moreover bit is always ironic

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I hate these people so much

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

It's actually pretty well known but rarely talked about that a ton of anarchist orgs can only be entered if you gently caress your way in and nobody actually thinks that's, maybe, not great.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
drugs and alcohol are for when the revolution actually starts

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

KomradeX posted:

I hate these people so much

they’re ops whose purpose is to sew division and prevent the kids from adopting democratic centralism

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/Itmechr3/status/1788652922605019383

Guess they're mad their old favorite NED talking point is drying up in light of the whole Gaza genocide conducted by Israel.

its wild thatp eople are still on that free tibet beat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Mandel Brotset posted:

they’re ops whose purpose is to sew division and prevent the kids from adopting democratic centralism

Yeah thats why I hate them