Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood
Financing approved, picking up the check tomorrow and flying down to the dealership.

Oh, darn, my halfway point between there and home is tail of the dragon. Whatever shall I do?

(narrator: he booked a hotel for a week in Vonore)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

mechaet posted:

Financing approved, picking up the check tomorrow and flying down to the dealership.

Oh, darn, my halfway point between there and home is tail of the dragon. Whatever shall I do?

(narrator: he booked a hotel for a week in Vonore)

You know what you must do. (buy a gopro and headmount for your trip to Mexico)

Do be mindful of morons and cops on the Tail though.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Aug 26, 2022

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Yup, I'm familiar with it. Thanks for the tip anyhow :)

To be super honest, I usually just buy the photos off the professionals who hang out there. I'd much rather pay attention to the road and be unencumbered.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Hi thread.

A few months ago a 2017 premium ecostang (automatic) with only 34k miles showed up at one of the dealers I work at in the exact color scheme I'd been lusting after for years. So I bought it, and I love it, and have put over 6k miles on it in the last 3 months.

pics after having it ceramic coated by my detailer buddy at another dealer.

It's...not a black appearance package, because as near as I can tell that wasn't offered on the ecoboost in 2017 according to the sales brochures I've found, but it has the black roof, so I'm not sure what the original owner did to get this color combo. It doesn't have the black mirrors or spoiler, which I'd like to fix some day.

I've done a few things to it, like the coating, and hood struts (should have had these from the factory) and some yellow foglight tint in-case I ever use those.

Eventually I'd like to get a nice exhaust for it because the stock one is way too quiet, and an intake for more turbo whoosh.

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Trip report: I've flown to the city the dealership is in, can't wait to look at the car tomorrow. They're going to put it up on a lift so I can thoroughly inspect it, and if the underside looks good to go with no wiggling and aero bit fasteners in their correct locations, I'm giving them a check and driving it home by way of Tail of the Dragon.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

mechaet posted:

Trip report: I've flown to the city the dealership is in, can't wait to look at the car tomorrow. They're going to put it up on a lift so I can thoroughly inspect it, and if the underside looks good to go with no wiggling and aero bit fasteners in their correct locations, I'm giving them a check and driving it home by way of Tail of the Dragon.

If they don't have it on it already, and the rear quarters aren't beat too badly, get PPF on the rear quarters, or install something that shrouds the front tires from spitting rocks at the rear quarters. My Mach 1 spit rocks at my rear quarter panels and put little rock chips in my paint that I didn't catch until it happened.

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Trip report:

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Terrible Robot posted:

Hi thread.

A few months ago a 2017 premium ecostang (automatic) with only 34k miles showed up at one of the dealers I work at in the exact color scheme I'd been lusting after for years. So I bought it, and I love it, and have put over 6k miles on it in the last 3 months.

pics after having it ceramic coated by my detailer buddy at another dealer.

It's...not a black appearance package, because as near as I can tell that wasn't offered on the ecoboost in 2017 according to the sales brochures I've found, but it has the black roof, so I'm not sure what the original owner did to get this color combo. It doesn't have the black mirrors or spoiler, which I'd like to fix some day.

I've done a few things to it, like the coating, and hood struts (should have had these from the factory) and some yellow foglight tint in-case I ever use those.

Eventually I'd like to get a nice exhaust for it because the stock one is way too quiet, and an intake for more turbo whoosh.

This is a really pretty one. The black roof looks mighty dope.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Our old Pony in front of Basilica of Superga, in Turin, Italy.

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

trip report: 2000 miles later it’s home

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

mechaet posted:

trip report: 2000 miles later it’s home

What a beauty

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Aside from mismatched tires (nitto nt555 g2 on the back, pilot super sports up front) and a damaged splitter, the car is in mint condition.

Ford replaced the engine 3500 miles ago under warranty so I’m hoping the new engine lasts longer.

There’s some leftover wrap in cracks and crevices from when they had wrapped this car in flat black.

The stereo system is not stock and terrible. The scosche panel is an absolute travesty and I do not know why people think this is an upgrade. I can’t hit the max ac button because the screen is miscalibrated and I cannot see how to remedy that. The angle of the screen is horrible and figuring out what settings are turned on on the air conditioner takes way too long.

But, this is easily the third most fun car I’ve ever driven.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Oh god those aftermarket HVAC controllers are horrible. Rip that junk out. Do a proper Sync 3 upgrade.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I wonder what the feasibility is to get the parts to convert my (non-handling pack) Mach 1 to a handling pack one is. Theoretically I can get all the parts from Ford, it's a question of whether the dealer would install them. Reason I didn't get one as a handling pack from the outset was there wasnt one with a handling pack and in grey within like 400 miles of me, and I couldn't take the time off to go get it. On the other hand there was a non handling pack grey one sitting at the local dealer after its buyer had financing trouble.

I think the main difference between non handling pack and handling pack ones is bigger splitter down in front and an attachable bigger spoiler in the rear (that you're totally not supposed to put on except for when you're on the track since it markedly changes the handling of the car, especially above 65mph, as it makes the car squat under downforce), special tuning for the magneride suspension and 295s up front and 305s in the rear. Oh and adjustable camber plates for the front struts. Apparently the handling pack tires are more than a bit poo poo though compared to what you can get off of like tire rack.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass

mechaet posted:

Aside from mismatched tires (nitto nt555 g2 on the back, pilot super sports up front) and a damaged splitter, the car is in mint condition.

Ford replaced the engine 3500 miles ago under warranty so I’m hoping the new engine lasts longer.

There’s some leftover wrap in cracks and crevices from when they had wrapped this car in flat black.

The stereo system is not stock and terrible. The scosche panel is an absolute travesty and I do not know why people think this is an upgrade. I can’t hit the max ac button because the screen is miscalibrated and I cannot see how to remedy that. The angle of the screen is horrible and figuring out what settings are turned on on the air conditioner takes way too long.

But, this is easily the third most fun car I’ve ever driven.

Lol Third most fun? What would the other ones be? Car looks great, like someone else said pull that junk out and toss in a Sync 3 system. Theres a few sites selling full kits with the screen APIM and other hardware its all plug and play. If you want to, you could piece it together yourself and use ForScan to program it.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

orange juche posted:

I wonder what the feasibility is to get the parts to convert my (non-handling pack) Mach 1 to a handling pack one is. Theoretically I can get all the parts from Ford, it's a question of whether the dealer would install them. Reason I didn't get one as a handling pack from the outset was there wasnt one with a handling pack and in grey within like 400 miles of me, and I couldn't take the time off to go get it. On the other hand there was a non handling pack grey one sitting at the local dealer after its buyer had financing trouble.

I think the main difference between non handling pack and handling pack ones is bigger splitter down in front and an attachable bigger spoiler in the rear (that you're totally not supposed to put on except for when you're on the track since it markedly changes the handling of the car, especially above 65mph, as it makes the car squat under downforce), special tuning for the magneride suspension and 295s up front and 305s in the rear. Oh and adjustable camber plates for the front struts. Apparently the handling pack tires are more than a bit poo poo though compared to what you can get off of like tire rack.

On the same topic: Does anyone know how difficult it is to swap my 2019 Ecoboost's muffler out for one of the dynamic ones the more recent models have? I'd love to be able to open it up for track days while leaving it muted on most days so I don't annoy my neighbors

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

PIZZA.BAT posted:

On the same topic: Does anyone know how difficult it is to swap my 2019 Ecoboost's muffler out for one of the dynamic ones the more recent models have? I'd love to be able to open it up for track days while leaving it muted on most days so I don't annoy my neighbors

That should be significantly easier as long as the harness for the active muffler is installed in the back. It would just be a matter of hooking up the new muffler and setting it up in the ecu. Since it wasn't available on your MY though I don't know if the harness would be installed.

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

BrownieVK posted:

Lol Third most fun? What would the other ones be? Car looks great, like someone else said pull that junk out and toss in a Sync 3 system. Theres a few sites selling full kits with the screen APIM and other hardware its all plug and play. If you want to, you could piece it together yourself and use ForScan to program it.

Where, pray tell, would these sites be? I was in contact with Harness By Hextall, but they've stopped responding and I want this stupid piece of poo poo scosche thing out of my car. I searched, probably terribly, and all I could find was a forum thread pointing to Hextall.

The top two are a Ferrari F40, and a Ford GT. Both not mine, obviously.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

mechaet posted:

Where, pray tell, would these sites be? I was in contact with Harness By Hextall, but they've stopped responding and I want this stupid piece of poo poo scosche thing out of my car. I searched, probably terribly, and all I could find was a forum thread pointing to Hextall.

The top two are a Ferrari F40, and a Ford GT. Both not mine, obviously.

Solid 1 and 2 there, for sure.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

mechaet posted:

https://www.4dtech.com/mustang-15-17-4-to-8-touchscreen-conversion-w-sync-3/

https://hellhorseperformance.com/products/2015-2019-mustang-4-to-8-touchscreen-conversion-w-sync-3

https://www.infotainment.com/products/2015-2018-ford-mustang-4-to-8-sync-3-touchscreen-upgrade?variant=5138453004324

But in general you can do it for half as much if you piece it together yourself.

This guide mostly covers it but I believe some of the parts are different for the GT350 https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/sync-3-swap-its-all-in-here.82973/

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

orange juche posted:

• 100% is possible although my Ford dealer had trouble ordering parts last time I asked, but other companies that sell OEM parts seem to have everything.
  • Front splitter - my understanding is this is setup to be easily taken on/off. These guys have it: https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/mr3z-17626-aa.html
  • Rear wing - I wonder if this uses the same holes as the non-handling package Mach 1 wing? Ford perf has it though.
  • Fat rear end wheels/tires. I'm looking at the Steeda Trident wheels for track days, a bit lighter than the Mach 1 handling package: https://www.steeda.com/steeda-trident-1910-1911-sb-mustang-trident-staggered-wheel-tire-package
  • Adjustable camber plates & the suspension tuning. Haven't asked Ford if they would do this, my performance shop is my go-to.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

PIZZA.BAT posted:

I know you can retrofit AE on the GTs, probably similar on the EB. Not super straightforward but it can be done. https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2018-active-exhaust-install-guide.101913/

The OP has some hack with a switch but later on you'll see the forscan codes to toggle it on like factory.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Filling your gas tank and seeing 140 miles til empty is sure a thing....

Digital_Jesus fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Sep 13, 2022

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Digital_Jesus posted:

Oh but it's a fun 140 miles

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

orange juche posted:

Oh but it's a fun 140 miles

And over so quickly :(

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

Digital_Jesus posted:

Yeah the V8s do love to gulp gas.

But like was said, it's a fun way to do it.

Wouldn't buy another one (without 4 higher priority vehicle purchases first), but I do miss my Stang. 😭

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

So far with a few hours in the seat I can say the following:

This is the most docile vehicle I have ever driven when you just drive it like a normal everyday mustang. Legit its happy to just putter around town. Its actually reasonable on gas mileage and the computer doesn't really accurately report estimated range. Just leaving it in regular automatic mode on sport it gets ~14-18mpg tooling around if you drive it in a reserved fashion. Its comfortable, is quiet if you close down the exhaust, and just responds really well to any kind of driver input.

The "Responding well to driver input" maintains itself if you decide to hammer on it, but "docile" is not how I'd describe this thing when you start putting your foot down. It wails like a banshee and is legitimately one of the loudest drat things I've ever been around. It makes the GT350 sound quiet. It also drops down to ~4MPG at wide open throttle. I thought I'd miss shifting but the DCT in this thing is just so drat good you forget you dont have a stick shift anymore. Its surprisingly refreshing to be able to focus just on driving and not having to worry about rowing gears as you're rolling around.

The Recaros are surprisingly comfortable compared to the ones I had in the old GT 5.0 and the ones I sat in in a buddy's GT350 that had them. After a 3 hour back roads drive my rear end was fine and my back wasn't screaming to get out of the car.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Where’d you find an acceptable deal on one? I looked for a while and everyone wanted 25k over for a new one and original MSRP for 2 year old ones.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Have had a request in with a local dealer for a while to let me know when they have one available. They're not a dealership that does markups and I've been buying vehicles from them for quite some time so they gave me a fair price with the current market.

The market is going to pretty much be a permanent $10k+ over MSRP on anything used (more if its under 2500mi) and new ones will either be impossible to get unless you know someone working for a dealer that can nab you an allocation or you're willing to pay ADM. They'll probably come down when you start seeing 10-15k mile used ones hitting the lot but something else is going to have to come out to get those folks to want to trade in.

E: For reference I paid $5k over what they bought it for. It was a trade in from a local dude that just buys cars drives em for a year and trades em in on something else. Had 2800 miles on it and is pretty much mint. Its going off for a PPF job and ceramic later this week.

Digital_Jesus fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Sep 13, 2022

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Mustangs actually make good road trip cars as long as it's a road trip with no more than 2 people. plenty of cargo space, and if you get tired of V8 grumble on a 300 mile highway stint you can close down the exhaust and put it the suspension in normal mode and it drives like any other docile cruising car on the road.

That said, find some twisties and open up the exhaust and you can have an absolute blast too.

Since i don't have a turbo or supercharger I get mileage almost as good as a Corvette, actually, the difference is likely entirely down to aerodynamic drag and gearing, since the corvette is geared to push all the way to 200+mph and so its final gears are very long and it can basically idle at 80mph.

Since I cut the resonator out of my Mach 1 i'm pretty sure it's over 100Db when it's fully opened up, but in quiet mode it's still louder than other traffic but not deafening.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Sep 14, 2022

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I picked up a boomer owned Mustang GT this spring after driving by the local Audi dealer.

2016 GT Premium with only 20k miles in race red.

I've had it detailed and ceramic coated and itswapped the USB plug to the sync 3/Android auto compatible version, and a Roush catback with X-pipe.

I've been trying to get new wheels, but it's almost become a saga at this point.

All I want are a set 7 spoke gold wheels in 19x9.5 +45.

In July I ordered a set of Enkei PF07s from Nengun Performance, only to be told gold is discontinued, but they can get me dark silver ones.

I agreed, and they said they'd hope to ship in a few weeks.

I got an email 2 days ago saying it's now N O V E M B E R before they expect to get delivery, much less ship.

I've also tried to get a set of Rota Vector Pros, but can't seem to get an answer from the US distributors.

At this point I think I'll order a set of PF07s off eBay and a few cans of gold metallic plastidip.

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Last post of pictures until something changes it, but these were my favorites from the Dragon.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

That orange looks astoundingly good in the sunlight.

Congrats on the joys of 350 ownership. They're excellent cars. (Check / Track your oil consumption til you know how much it drinks)

E: Needs a big fat black stripe down the center to match the roof.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
Holy hell its beautiful! Great shots! I think I need to trade/sell my 124 Spider Abarth and get back into another Mustang preferably a GT350. Im waiting to see what they show off today for the new S650. I was eyeing up a MACH 1 in eruption green to match out Bronco, since it has the Tremec instead of the MT-82.

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Digital_Jesus posted:

That orange looks astoundingly good in the sunlight.

Congrats on the joys of 350 ownership. They're excellent cars. (Check / Track your oil consumption til you know how much it drinks)

E: Needs a big fat black stripe down the center to match the roof.

Interestingly enough, from the factory it had black stripes. The first owner took them off, and then wrapped the entire car matte black except for the bumper cover which they did in some multi-color chameleon wrap. loving bizarre, if you ask me. But, it kept the paint nice so I'm grateful for that.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I am le cursed.

EBay seller said 8 in stock.
Got an update: Hi, we need to check the warehouse stock in Japan. We don't have them in the US warehouse.

Why is this so hard :cry:

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
S650 pictures leaked on 7G Mustang forums..
Not a fan lol It looks like they were trying to go for a fox body style interior but it looks bizarre in the modern age, also housing all hvac and infotainment controls in the screen is an immediate no go for me.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

If those pictures are legit thats ugly as hell.

It looks like a lovely camero rear end with bad charger front vibes.

Digital_Jesus fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Sep 14, 2022

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

here's the pics I could find with a quick google- dunno if there's more anywhere else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Seeing a lot of Charger in the front end here. Overall its not bad. I'm curious if they are going to announce anything about a real EV Mustang today.